PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have fired Mike Brown

MillerTime
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Mike Brown has been fired by the Los Angeles Lakers, according to his agent Warren Legarie.

The Lakers are off to a 1-4 start and will play Golden State tonight at the Staples Center.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2012/11/09/mike-brown-fired-by-lakers/1694785/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29

Hicks
11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Damn. That was quick.

MillerTime
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Its hard to compare anyone to Phil Jackson

imawhat
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow!

gummy
11-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Damn! That was quick! I expect it to happen, but not until around the All-Star break at the earliest.

Wow. Hottest hot seat in the league, I guess.

Ace E.Anderson
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
DAYUM!

Nuntius
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Damn. They'll probably be good now.

Kid Minneapolis
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Wowzers.

imawhat
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
They didn't fire Mike without having someone else in mind. I would expect a quick announcement on the replacement.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Cool, now I can finally see my guy Nash doing his thing, please get D'antoni, make it happen Bush.

rock747
talk about a panic move...

Mackey_Rose
He and Vogel would make a nice assistant tandem for Brian Shaw.

Eleazar
11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Either he was in the hot seat before the season started, or one or more players demanded him to be fired. When you have that much talent and you aren't winning you have bigger problems than the coach.

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
bring him back to pacers as an assistant!!!!

rock747
11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Wherever Dwight Howard goes, carnage ensues...

notque
11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Everyone on this board has been telling me 5 games isn't enough to make any judgements on anything. I can only assume they fired Mike Brown for something other than the Lakers performance.

MillerTime
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
they should hire SVG just to **** off DHoward

Trader Joe
11-09-2012, 02:17 PM
LOL

diamonddave00
11-09-2012, 02:18 PM
How long before Brian Shaw to Coach Lakers rumors?

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM

It's already happening.

rock747
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Doesn't he have to stay with the Pacers this season?

pathil275
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
So Mike Brown is available..?

wintermute
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I think the Lakers have deeper problems than just coaching. But hey, firing the coach is the easiest roster move to make eh?

For all the talk about the Princeton offense, their offensive numbers actually look ok. It's their defense that has fallen off, and that probably has a lot to do with the aging players on the roster.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
In the past two weeks, Mike D'Antoni had a knee replacement surgery and isn't on his feet yet, sources tell Y!

Eleazar
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Doesn't he have to stay with the Pacers this season?

The Lakers have to have permission from the Pacers. So unless the Pacers are willing to let him go then yes.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Cool, now I can finally see my guy Nash doing his thing, please get D'antoni, make it happen Bush.
How can Buss not have D'Antoni on speed dial?

Nash+Kobe+Pau+Dwight+D'Antoni = a well oiled machine

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
With Chuck Person in interim mix for Lakers, league source points out that whomever it is will have "Phil or D'Antoni hot on his heels."

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
League source also says that, though D'Antoni had knee surgery recently, it wouldn't stop him from taking Lakers job if they wanted him.

Sandman21
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow... Dwight IS getting better... it only took 5 games to get his coach fired this time!

Eddie Gill
11-09-2012, 02:30 PM
How can Buss not have D'Antoni on speed dial?

Nash+Kobe+Pau+Dwight+D'Antoni = a well oiled machine

Lakers biggest weakness this season is defense. D'Antoni doesn't change that.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
In the past two weeks, Mike D'Antoni had a knee replacement surgery and isn't on his feet yet, sources tell Y!
I am sure that the Lakers can cover the cost of crutches in their medical plan ;)

Not much of a concern though....get an interim coach for the next month or two....then have D'Antoni come in when he's ready. Although there is a chance that Dwight can leave after this season....the Lakers aren't in the position to wait it out and hope that things work out under an Interim Coach.....they have to get a Proven Coach when they have all of the Big 4 on the roster.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Worth remembering that Brian Shaw was the locker-room favorite to replace Phil, with a strong endorsement from Kobe. Shaw now an Indy asst.

Romsey31
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Brian shaw. Good luck in l a

vnzla81

Who cares about defense when you are destroying teams? that team has so much fire power that is not even funny.

Trader Joe
They would need to give me the largest pile of money in the history of the NBA and then they would need to double it to get me to coach that team. Firing a coach after only 5 games with a brand new roster and offensive plan is a complete joke.

cinotimz
11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Heres hoping they go after Stan VanGundy....:-o

pathil275
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Who cares about defense when you are destroying teams? that team has so much fire power that is not even funny.
As long as their starting five stays healthy, yes. But a season with a deep playoff run will take its toll on the players. Don't think their current roster will be enough to reach the finals.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
And Brown...a supposed defensive minded Coach did? ;)

Has D'Antoni ever had a defensive frontcourt like Pau and Dwight before? Maybe Chandler and Amare....but Amare defense has always been suspect. Get the offense going with a Starting lineup that arguably has a top 10 PG, a Top 3 SG, a Top 10 PF and a Top 3 Center and the defense will figure itself out.

cinotimz
11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
For all those down on Vogel right now we may have the perfect two-for-one trade....Send Brian Shaw to the Lakers for Mike Brown and Ron Artest...Ronnie fills in the gap while Granger is out and Brown helps Vogel right the ship...though between the two of them Im still not sure they can come up with an actual offense...

Speed
11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Pacers will make a trade, Shaw for Mike Brown. Keith Smart needs to go next, that team looks awful and selfish. He's messing up my fantasy basketball team.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
RT @SHAQ: Did mike brown really get fired. Geeeeez. Dammmmmmmmm Wow Bring on Brian shaw

Heisenberg
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
so can we make it like baseball. trade you Shaw for a 1st rounder.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Pacers will make a trade, Shaw for Mike Brown. Keith Smart needs to go next, that team looks awful and selfish. He's messing up my fantasy basketball team.

The Pacers need somebody to fix the offense no somebody to screw it up even more ;)

Heisenberg
11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
also in sunshiny Laker news, Devin Ebanks got a DUI

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20904690/in-other-lakers-news-devin-ebanks-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui

Nuntius
11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Everyone on this board has been telling me 5 games isn't enough to make any judgements on anything. I can only assume they fired Mike Brown for something other than the Lakers performance.

5 games are not enough but Mike Brown proved last year that he wasn't a coach fit for their team anyway.

aamcguy
11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
For all those down on Vogel right now we may have the perfect two-for-one trade....Send Brian Shaw to the Lakers for Mike Brown and Ron Artest...Ronnie fills in the gap while Granger is out and Brown helps Vogel right the ship...though between the two of them Im still not sure they can come up with an actual offense...

Even though this is pure silliness...that would actually fix some of our issues. Ron Artest may be seven kinds of a unique character, but he's not afraid to attack the basket and he doesn't shrink away from anything. As long as Mike Brown doesn't get anywhere near the HC spot lol

RWB
11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
The Lakers have to have permission from the Pacers. So unless the Pacers are willing to let him go then yes. If the Lakers ask there is no question the Pacers would say sure. Deep down inside they might not be happy, but this organization especially with Donnie Walsh in charge would never deny someone their shot to move up. Just not in their nature.

Of course the question is what didn't the Lakers see in Shaw that gave them pause?

Justin Tyme
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
so can we make it like baseball. trade you Shaw for a 1st rounder.

I was thinking the same thing, but along the lines of more than a 1st pick at 26-30. Maybe a couple picks or a 1st and a player.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
:laugh:

Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops
!!!! RT @RagingSpaniard: @talkhoops seen this edited Kobe gif? Its perfect. http://i.imgur.com/17Zf0.jpg via @damir8

Heisenberg
11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
SVG called it "the most ridiculous firing in the history of the NBA."

SVG also stuck up for JOB, so it's probably more of a good ole boys club than anything. But he is right, 5 games is stupid.

Goyle
11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
If the Lakers ask there is no question the Pacers would say sure. Deep down inside they might not be happy, but this organization especially with Donnie Walsh in charge would never deny someone their shot to move up. Just not in their nature.

Of course the question is what didn't the Lakers see in Shaw that gave them pause?

Everything I've read suggests Buss wants no part of the triangle. I really hope we don't just let them take Shaw if they are interested, that would be a major blow to our team.

Shaw for Nash...:cool:...

Heisenberg
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Bernie Bickerstaff's the interim head coach, not Person. For some stupid reason.

wintermute
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Bernie Bickerstaff to be interim HC, not Chuck Person. Sorry, Jay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers-fire-coach-mike-brown--search-for-long-term-replacement-09551809.html

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
It's understandable that Brian Shaw just laughed when I mentioned the Lakers job to him at shootaround. Things ended ugly in LA for him.

Hicks
If the Lakers ask there is no question the Pacers would say sure. Deep down inside they might not be happy, but this organization especially with Donnie Walsh in charge would never deny someone their shot to move up. Just not in their nature.

It's the owners. They didn't care much for Phil or the triangle offense, and Shaw is one of "Phil's guys" and one who also believes in the triangle offense.

Hicks
Bernie Bickerstaff's the interim head coach, not Person. For some stupid reason.

What is it about Chuck Person that makes you feel he is more appropriate?

Goyle
11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
@MikeWellsNBA: It's understandable that Brian Shaw just laughed when I mentioned the Lakers job to him at shootaround. Things ended ugly in LA for him.

Heisenberg
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
What is it about Chuck Person that makes you feel he is more appropriate?

Bernie being mediocre and Person being of staff there for awhile and deserving a shot.

Eddie Gill
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
As long as their starting five stays healthy, yes. But a season with a deep playoff run will take its toll on the players. Don't think their current roster will be enough to reach the finals.

I keep hearing this line "if the Lakers stay healthy", but the Lakers have to GET healthy to stay healthy. Howard isn't 100% and it shows - especially on defense where he just isn't as mobile. Nash (once he gets healthy) hasn't been able to stay in front of guys on D for years. A 40 year old point guard who can't guard anyone and a center coming off back surgery just isn't a winning combination.

Trophy
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
My guess is they'll just go with Bernie Bickerstaff until further notice and make a formal search in the 2013 because it seems like Brian Shaw has no desire to return there and Mike D'Antoni recently had surgery. Their rumored top choices.

We'll have to wait and see, but can't say I'm not surprised they fired him. I was thinking they'd go a whole month into the season to see how things would turn out, but it's a mess in LA now.

Sandman21
11-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I know this guy in Dallas who would be a GREAT fit in LA... Goes by the name of O'Brien.... :devil:

Trophy
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I know this guy in Dallas who would be a GREAT fit in LA... Goes by the name of O'Brien.... :devil:

Antawn Jamison would be getting the most minutes on the team.

Major Cold
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I think Person got overlooked for the same reason that Shaw did. The Lakers are primetime baby. They don't grow coaches, they bring them in and have them rub shoulders with Hollywood. Mike D would work, and Sloan would be the best fit. But Sloan is too blue collar. He can get them to play together, but I do not see him taking the job.

Nate McMillan would be a great fit as well. Probably the best fit IMO.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
To Shaw's credit, he's not getting caught up in the hype about the job. Remember, it was the Lakers who didn't want to hire him
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

20m Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
When asked if he's interested in the LA job, Shaw said, "I have no comment."
Expand

24m Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
But of course we all know anything can happen in the bizarre NBA coaching circle. Kobe is a big supporter of Brian Shaw.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Lakers should get D'antoni and trade Gasol for a go to scorer and shooters.

hackashaq
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
That was fast. I guess either the problems in the locker room were really serious, more serious than we knew. Or they got a hint that Phil Jackson or Rudy Tomjanovich, someone of that caliber, is willing to come in right away.

Sparhawk
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
If Shaw were to leave, I'd hope the Pacers get some compensation in return. What kind of compensation could the Pacers get?

a pick?
Jordan Hill is the only one that interests me on their roster (though I don't know if you can send a player in return). And they can have Hans/Pendergraph too.

TheDavisBrothers
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Damn. That was quick.

Those were my words exactly...

Any chance Phil comes back for round number 3?

Mackey_Rose
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Lakers should get D'antoni and trade Gasol for a go to scorer and shooters.

A team with Kobe should trade for a "go to scorer?" Because that would certainly end well.

Trophy
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Those were my words exactly...

Any chance Phil comes back for round number 3?

I don't think he's coming back. He appeared to have lost interest in coaching. His age and health were a huge detriment as well.

Ragnar
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
anything that send the Lakers into turmoil is alright with me!!

Sookie
11-09-2012, 03:40 PM

SVG also stuck up for JOB, so it's probably more of a good ole boys club than anything. But he is right, 5 games is stupid.

It's not five games.

He was a pretty bad coach last season too. To the point where Magic Johnson was calling him out.

1-4 with Kobe, Gasol, and Dwight is inexcusable. Heck, people here are upset with Vogel for 2-3 and his best player is...George Hill?

Trophy
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
It's a complete train wreck with the Lakers and a coaching change is the least they can do at this point.

Kobe is livid to the point where he's venting his frustration to the media and then Dwight is coming out publicly, saying his teammate needs to chill out.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
A team with Kobe should trade for a "go to scorer?" Because that would certainly end well.

I meant off the bench, they need a 6th man type of player, if they trade Gasol and with D'antoni their starting unit should be Nash, Kobe, Artest, Jamison, Howard.

Hoop
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
It's not five games.

He was a pretty bad coach last season too. To the point where Magic Johnson was calling him out.

1-4 with Kobe, Gasol, and Dwight is inexcusable. Heck, people here are upset with Vogel for 2-3 and his best player is...George Hill?
I rarely disagree with you, but I think the firing was ridiculous only 5 game in.

The Lakers have played only 1 game with there lineup intact. Nash is not healthy, Dwight is not a 100%. If they didn't like what he did last season they should have fired him in the summer, coaches rarely change that much, they knew what they were getting. I still believe pretty strongly that Brown is a good coach.

You can't just throw a new team together and expect intimidate results, even with superstar talent. Even Miami struggled pretty bad at the start.

McKeyFan
11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
They would need to give me the largest pile of money in the history of the NBA and then they would need to double it to get me to coach that team. Firing a coach after only 5 games with a brand new roster and offensive plan is a complete joke.

I'd probably take the league minimum myself, seeing as that is more than I'll make in ten years.

Justin Tyme
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
It's not five games.

Geo Hill isn't the best Pacers player, DWest is!

Sookie
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I rarely disagree with you, but I think the firing was ridiculous only 5 game in.

The Lakers have played only 1 game with there lineup intact. Nash is not healthy, Dwight is not a 100%. If they didn't like what he did last season they should have fired him in the summer, coaches rarely change that much, they knew what they were getting. I still believe pretty strongly that Brown is a good coach.

You can't just throw a new team together and expect intimidate results, even with superstar talent. Even Miami struggled pretty bad at the start.

Honestly, I'm not that big on Brown. And I probably would have fired him in the summer anyway. :P

I think D'Antoni (if he's healthy enough to coach..and if he wants it..) would be an interesting choice. I'm kind of glad to hear that Shaw isn't that interested.

Cousy47
11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Probably the 2 best PnR players in the League(Nash and Howard), the best iso player in the league(Kobe) and you introduce a new offense to take the ball out of their hands? WTH was Mike thinking. I know the triangle is hard to learn on the fly, but give the ball to Nash or Kobe and "get the hell out of way" isn't that hard.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM
:banhim:

CableKC
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I meant off the bench, they need a 6th man type of player, if they trade Gasol and with D'antoni their starting unit should be Nash, Kobe, Artest, Jamison, Howard.
With a Starting lineup that includes Nash/Kobe/Pau/Dwight.....they don't need a deep bench. When Nash returns....they have Blake, Jodie Meeks, Jamison and Jordan Hill to fill in the rest of the 8-9 man rotation. It's not great....but you don't give up having a Frontcourt rotation of Pau/Dwight.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
It looks like the Princeton Offense will be abandoned...and it appears that Buss doesn't like the Triangle offense. Given that you have a super passing PG like Nash, a Super Scoring SG like Kobe, an above average scoring and rebounding PF like Pau and Dwight ;) , what is the best offense that would be best tailored to their skills?

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
With a Starting lineup that includes Nash/Kobe/Pau/Dwight.....they don't need a deep bench. When Nash returns....they have Blake, Jodie Meeks, Jamison and Jordan Hill to fill in the rest of the 8-9 man rotation. It's not great....but you don't give up having a Frontcourt rotation of Pau/Dwight.

In a Mike D'antoni's type of offense you need at least 4 positions that can stretch the floor, leaving Gasol is going to create the same issues he had in Phoenix with Shaq/Amare and Amare/Tyson in NY, if I was the Lakers I trade Gasol for somebody that can score off the bench when Kobe is out, maybe a mix of players.

pacer4ever
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I would just give Phil Jackson a blank check he would be my only target wouldn't take no for an answer.

immortality
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Imagine how hilarious it would be if SVG got hired by lakers. Trolling Dwight Howard 101.

CableKC
11-09-2012, 06:01 PM
In a Mike D'antoni's type of offense you need at least 4 positions that can stretch the floor, leaving Gasol is going to create the same issues he had in Phoenix with Shaq/Amare and Amare/Tyson in NY, if I was the Lakers I trade Gasol for somebody that can score off the bench when Kobe is out, maybe a mix of players.
Gasol has a mid-range game...wouldn't he be able to space the floor pretty well?

clownskull
11-09-2012, 06:03 PM
i figured with the weak start and if they continued along those lines, that he would be gone by thanksgiving.
i guess it was a little quicker than that.

imbtyler
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
They play tonight in LA, they should just go without a coach. Let Kobe run the whole thing from the court. In fact, do it for the rest of the season. 1-81. Legen, wait for it...

clownskull
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM

i would say more than probably. ever notice how almost every team has a few guys who have been head coaches before?
they understand that head coaches get hired and fired. and those who speak nicely and in defense of other head coaches are likely to get hired as an assistant one day down the road if the come looking for a job.

Shade
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I think that Brown is generally a good coach, but anyone could see that the implementation of the Princeton system with the talent on that team was a train wreck waiting to happen. You could have them play straight streetball and they'd be better with that roster.

Basketball Fan
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I would just give Phil Jackson a blank check he would be my only target wouldn't take no for an answer.

You would think the fact he's involved with the owner's daughter was enough of an incentive guess not...

But yeah I think Phil is coming back only because he apparently backed out of a speaking engagement in Chicago.

The Lakers should've never hired him to begin with I said this ages ago he's too lightweight for Hollywood.

Nuntius
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
WTH was Mike thinking.

I think that I've read several times that the Princeton offense was Kobe's idea and not Mike's.

Hypnotiq
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I think that Brown is generally a good coach, but anyone could see that the implementation of the Princeton system with the talent on that team was a train wreck waiting to happen. You could have them play straight streetball and they'd be better with that roster.

Nope Brown sucked in cleveland and he sucked with the Lakers

terrible coach.

vnzla81
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Gasol has a mid-range game...wouldn't he be able to space the floor pretty well?

I think Gasol is able to run the system but Mike likes to have somebody that can stretch the floor at power forward.

PR07
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Nope Brown sucked in cleveland and he sucked with the Lakers

terrible coach.

I don't think he's a terrible head coach, just a below average head coach.

It may have been a train wreck, but my guess is this has more to do with his lack of chemistry with Kobe than the team's record. Considering Dwight Howard was either not on the team yet or rehabbing when he was finally traded, there was bound to be a rough gelling period with Kobe early on.

PaulGeorge
11-09-2012, 07:30 PM
please hire SVG

Naptown_Seth
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Geo Hill isn't the best Pacers player, DWest is!

David isn't the best player. He's the BAMF. ;)

Naptown_Seth
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
It looks like the Princeton Offense will be abandoned...and it appears that Buss doesn't like the Triangle offense. Given that you have a super passing PG like Nash, a Super Scoring SG like Kobe, an above average scoring and rebounding PF like Pau and Dwight ;) , what is the best offense that would be best tailored to their skills?
What's the one they run during the all-star game?
:D

Brad8888
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I wonder if this might be when Krzyzewski decides to go pro? Kobe seemed to like him previously...

vnzla81
11-10-2012, 01:56 AM
@ChrisMannixSI: RT @Mike_Bresnahan The Lakers have officially contacted Phil Jackson to gauge his interest in coaching them, The Times has learned.

Hypnotiq
11-10-2012, 03:08 AM
@ChrisMannixSI: RT @Mike_Bresnahan The Lakers have officially contacted Phil Jackson to gauge his interest in coaching them, The Times has learned.

cool...?

who cares? there just going to buy there way to a ring anyway. :cool:

CableKC
11-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Is Phil Jackson's cell phone the only # that Jerry Buss has on speed dial whenever they have to replace a coach every couple of years?

OlBlu
11-10-2012, 09:08 AM
cool...?

who cares? there just going to buy there way to a ring anyway. :cool:

Hey!!! :cool:

OlBlu
11-10-2012, 09:09 AM

It won't be easy switching to the triangle after the season has started. But, I guess, most of the players have played it. It shouldn't take long for Howard and Nash to learn it......:cool:

Heisenberg
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I wonder if this might be when Krzyzewski decides to go pro? Kobe seemed to like him previously...
Time's far past for K to try out the NBA, the guy's 65. He'll probably be done at Duke inside of 5 or so years and that'll be that.