PDA

View Full Version : Who's not jumping ship right now?

Foul on Smits
11-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Anyone else or am I alone? Seriously it's five games and everyone is on suicide watch. Let this play out. Let them adjust. Let Roy adjust. There's a ton of pressure on Paul George right now. Let him get his game adjusted to being the man. It's not something that happens overnight. You guys really sound like a bunch of bandwagon fans right now. It's ridiculous. When this team rolls off 8 wins in a row and everyone starts talking about how hot they are, I dont want to hear from all you people jumping ship.

Hypnotiq
11-08-2012, 02:28 AM
another thread telling people not to overact

yawn.

these are getting incredibly dull

ECKrueger
11-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Don't worry, it gets better.

I'm still on board for the record.

Eleazar
11-08-2012, 02:51 AM
As much as the 4th quarter sucked, the other three quarters looked great as far as the starters are concerned. As long as this team can get into the playoffs, and Danny is able to get back in time to get up to speed, I suspect our bench will be much improved with Lance leading the way instead of playing with the starters.

adamscb
11-08-2012, 02:56 AM
i see where you're coming from, but i'm still concerned. you said let roy adjust. adjust to what, exactly? he shouldn't be still needing to adjust to anything at this point. in regards to paul, his mindset shouldn't be one of "adjusting", but rather him jumping on this opportunity and show us what he can really do.

Peck
11-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Moderation in life is always best.

Nobody should be jumping ship yet (I don't know that I've actually read anyone say that yet) but being nonchalant is equally bad.

Thare real problems here, nothing that can't be corrected but they do exist.

Tonight was the first real game where I felt like we played well more than we played poorly and we still lost this game.

xtacy
11-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Anyone else or am I alone? Seriously it's five games and everyone is on suicide watch. Let this play out. Let them adjust. Let Roy adjust. There's a ton of pressure on Paul George right now. Let him get his game adjusted to being the man. It's not something that happens overnight. You guys really sound like a bunch of bandwagon fans right now. It's ridiculous. When this team rolls off 8 wins in a row and every starts talking about how hot they are, I dont want to here from all you people jumping ship.

let roy adjust. adjust to what? money?

diamonddave00
11-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Going nowhere the team will get it together still adjusting to new player and no Danny.

rabid
11-08-2012, 04:49 AM
It's been frustrating so far, no doubt. There are real issues that need to be addressed.

But the sky-is-falling tone is a bit much IMO. It is very early in the season and it's not crazy to expect some growing pains for this franchise with new personnel and a young coach.

cgg
11-08-2012, 05:45 AM
If we didn't leave from JOB it's not going to happen now...

pathil275
11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
With winning come expectations and the team isnt living up to them. For me it's not even about winning or losing at this point, it's about a dismal offense and a lack of adjustment and finesse. Taking jump shots deep in the shot clock or giving the ball to West to do anything with it is not what I expected going into the season.

But yes, the JOB times were worse, so I'll stick around.

bballpacen
11-08-2012, 07:06 AM
A couple of you hit the nail on the head already for me... The first 42 minutes or so of the Atlanta game (and Atlanta is gonna be a playoff team) we played really well... Offense looked good with plenty of ball movement. It is going to take awhile and be real rocky until DG33 gets back...

pacerfreak
11-08-2012, 07:25 AM
let roy adjust. adjust to what? money?

An offense that doesn't seem to be working. What does money have to do with it?

Steagles
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm kept hopping ship, but I am lookin forward to IU playing some exciting basketball.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Sparhawk
11-08-2012, 08:31 AM
another one?

i was just venting last night. i'm actually much better today.

stop overreacting to people venting. sheesh.

Roaming Gnome
11-08-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm waiting for 10 games to go by, however I was encouraged that we looked a little better last night. The reliance on the 3 point shot and Roy's problems in the post may not let me get to 10 games before I start looking for a shower rod or a ledge to jump off of!

Ace E.Anderson
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Like many have said, I don't think anybody is jumping ship. If they did, they wouldn't post here lol.

We've had some moderate success here recently for the first time in yrs, it'd be a shame to go back down the toilet. I'm not saying it's happening, but our struggles aren't seeming to get much better. We played the best we have all season and still lost in a bad way.

After expecting so much, it's reasonable to be disappointed in how the team is playing/coaching. But as die hard Pacer fans; jumping ship isn't an option for most of us.

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 09:09 AM
So Roy needs to adjust? to what? I thought they didn't trade either one of the starters and decided to keep the starting unit intact so they could have "continuation", yes "continuation" any time they interview somebody from the Pacers front office that is their excuse to pretty much doing nothing in the off season.

Speed
11-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Moderation in life is always best.

Nobody should be jumping ship yet (I don't know that I've actually read anyone say that yet) but being nonchalant is equally bad.

Thare real problems here, nothing that can't be corrected but they do exist.

Tonight was the first real game where I feel like we played well more than we played poorly and we still lost this game.

I completely agree with this. It was bad at times during this game, but at least I saw things they can correct, work on, address. It was different this game, that run in 3rd quarter maybe showed a glimpse of what they are capable of. Going inside out, attacking on the break, hustling defene. That was the most encouraging quarter of the year, imo.

Side note: I might start a thread about how posters are over reacting to the posters who are overacting to the play of the team. I'm worried, however, that this triggers an infinite amount threads about overacting and creates a wormhole that disrupts the space/time continuim and destroys us all...... on second thought, I probably won't start a new thread.

kielbeze
11-08-2012, 09:18 AM
So Roy needs to adjust? to what?

Danny not being here and the other team being able to run a zone and circle him with 3 guys?

kielbeze
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Some people here aren't jumping ship. They were never on the damn ship to begin with!

CreekShow
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM

yawn.

Yet your contribution to this thread was so incredibly insightful. It works both ways. But you still find it necessary to come in an (and by your own very words) incredibly dull thread to post. Your logic is incredibly flawed.

To the op. No im still giving them time to work it out. Some things that need to change are becoming evidently clear they might not ever happen. Mainly Hibbert and PGs intensity, and Frank Vogels coaching.

Kid Minneapolis
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
A 2-3 record is no reason to jump ship. Okay, so we're off to a slow start, but I have faith in the players we have and Vogel and his staff. I know they're not happy with their play. Last night I saw some pretty good improvement in their offensive flow. They need to tighten up defensively too, but that's not hard to do. I think by game 10 we'll start to click.

McKeyFan
11-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I completely agree with this. It was bad at times during this game, but at least I saw things they can correct, work on, address. It was different this game, that run in 3rd quarter maybe showed a glimpse of what they are capable of. Going inside out, attacking on the break, hustling defene. That was the most encouraging quarter of the year, imo.

Agreed.

Anthem
11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Good thing I didn't change my sig.

sbaker50
11-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't post much, but I'm still on board with our team. Things could be better, I don't think anyone would argue that. I believe we will get it figured out, last night could be argued as a major improvement over the spurs game, and if we finish the game then people would be stepping back from the cliff after a big win in atlanta, where we haven't won since 2006! Danny gets back in 3 months, until then we need to basically just stay close to other teams in the standings. When Danny gets back we can go on our run, but until then we need to weather the storm. I still believe!

Jmo. Go Pacers!

Foul on Smits
11-08-2012, 10:00 AM
i see where you're coming from, but i'm still concerned. you said let roy adjust. adjust to what, exactly? he shouldn't be still needing to adjust to anything at this point. in regards to paul, his mindset shouldn't be one of "adjusting", but rather him jumping on this opportunity and show us what he can really do.

No one is pulling Grangers defender off to double down on Roy. Everyone is pulling Gerald Green and Sam Young's defenders off to double down on Roy. Granger was a number one threat. With no Granger, you can focus on Roy exclusively. He needs to adjust his game. His passing skills are his best weapon right now. And Vogel needs to adjust too. Way too many athletes and solid passing big men in this lineup, not to be throwing it in the post and running backdoor passes and screens and slashes to the basket. Roy should seriously be averaging 6 assists a game without Granger. He has to adjust. They all have to adjust. Vogel is smart. He'll figure it out.

naptownmenace
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
If we didn't leave from JOB it's not going to happen now...

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I will be avoiding the negative threads on PD from now on and lowering my expectations.

This reminds me a lot of the Colts situation last year. This team was built around Granger more than most of us realized.

Naptown_Seth
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm not jumping off the ship in the least, but their only hope is to rectify their offensive confusion.

As much as losing Danny hurts, they just spent most of their preseason without him as a primary contributor and should look smoother than they do. Green, Young, Augustine and Mahinmi all look like they don't really know what their role is or where people are going to be.

Even with the returning players you have both Hill and Lance driving up court and then throwing very awkward cross-court lobs to people, often backwards toward the top of the arc even.

So something is wrong with the plan and the players' understanding of that plan. They look totally unprepared for what is being thrown at them and totally disconnected from each other. West is succeeding on pure one on one skills only.

The most surprising connection seems to be between Lance and Tyler as Lance really seems to know when and where Tyler is going to be, thus the great pass for a dunk last night. Neither player is really playing better than they did last year, maybe Lance a little, but at times they look great purely on their interaction and awareness.

So that can do wonders. If you could get Hill knowing where Paul and West wanted to go or where they were going to be I think you'd see a huge improvement in output. Talent-wise the team is solid, they have all the required skills. Vogel just doesn't have the pieces interacting very well right now.

Naptown_Seth
11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
And I think it needs to be emphasized that the 4 main new players have all played much better NBA regular season basketball than they have in the first 5 games this season. Maybe it's plays, chemistry, who knows. Maybe by the end of the year we will think Vogel is the issue. But we might also be looking back and think about how all the road games and newness were more overwhelming for them than we thought.

I think Danny being out hurts most of all due to the role it puts Paul into. He's better, but he's not ready to be the primary guy. And that's something that could change due to a trial by fire.

But on the positive - how BAMF is West? Seriously, he's headed to the AS game if they have a winning record at that point.

Dr. Hibbert
11-08-2012, 11:10 AM
This team is not smart, from coaching down. Don't know what to tell you if you can't see that.

I don't think criticizing a team for playing below its talent level is synonymous with jumping ship either, nor do I think you're "jumping ship" if you admit this just is not a good team right now, and if this continues, this will not be a good team at any point this season.

Not saying OP does, but fans need to separate just criticism from "jumping ship". Most of us were around to watch this team in the TJ Ford/Mike Dunleavy/RAWLE MARSHALL days. I'd say there isn't really a danger of PD users jumping ship.

Casual fans, on the other hand...

Eddie Gill
11-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not jumping ship, but these icy waters are a little ominous.

Justin Tyme
11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
The old saying "time heals" is hard for diehard Pacers fans to do. We feel "entitled" now with past success of this team. Patience is said to be a virtue, but in my case I'm not a virtuous person. It just bugs the dickins out of me to see this team not performing to it's capabilities, especially certain players. It's griped me from the 1st FA players in baseball, long b4 most of you were born, who got paid and never produced. It gripes me that Walsh overpaid to keep Hibbert and Hill. In Hill's defense, he's putting forth the effort whereas Hibbert is soft both mentally and physically. I'm old enough to realize time "should" heal the problems, but my lack of patience has me grinding my teeth with much of the play in the 5 games. I was pleased with the 77 points the Pacers put up in the 1st 3 qtrs, b/c of the other regulation games poor scoring. BUT 9 POINTS in the 4th qtr while blowing a 14 pt lead with 6 minutes to go is just plain inexcusable! That's on the players and the coach.

Things have to change. Shooting 26 3 ptrs last night and shooting 26, 22, and 20 in the previous 3 games is plain ridiculous. Jimmyball didn't get this team to the 2nd round of the playoffs last season, and Vogel allowing it to happen is truly sad. Where is the smashmouth BB, you always touted last year Vogel? This team is tissue paper soft. I might be able to currently accept new players not understanding the importance of SMASHMOUTH BB, but those from last years team have absolutely NO EXCUSE.

Speaking of new players, I'm not in the camp that the FO made a mistake on the new bench players vs the old bench players. I feel they are overall more capable players than last years bench players. I can cut them some slack being new, but it's those current players that were here last year I have a major problem with presently. Unfortunately, some on this board have a selective memory problem about how some of last years bench players played.

Overall, I just disappointed with the overall play of this team, especially offensively, and 3 point shooting isn't the answer as I suffered thru Jimmyball for 3 1/2 years. This team has little mid-range shooting game. It seems to be either 3's, dunks, or drives. Better outside shooting will open up the paint for Hibbert if he ever can get decent position closer to the basket without starting his move at the FT line. This causes his shots to be short. It's up to up to Mr. Big Bucks to get better position to start his shooting move. It's up to the other players to get him the ball in a timely fashion. They both need to work on accomplishing this if there is going to be success down in the paint.

I don't like playing .400 ball, but as long as the team improves game to game I can try to have some patience. It won't be easy, but I'll try. If at 20-25 games this team isn't any better, it's time to re-evaluate and bring in players who can get the job done. The lack of Granger hurts, but it isn't the reason this team is playing terrible. That honor can be shared between the players and the coaching. And if both need to be to be replaced, so be it!

Trophy
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree with you completely, but how many more of these "keep calm and carry on" threads do we need?

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
So I guess we are making this the official "it has only been X games thread", the "it has only been X games people" should bump this thread after every game.

CreekShow
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
So I guess we are making this the official "it has only been X games thread", the "it has only been X games people" should bump this thread after every game.

OK sounds good. Which one of you guys are going to start the official "Our bench belongs in the D League and this team is overrated and isnt gonna make the playoffs" thread?

Foul on Smits
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Every time i read a vnzla81 post, i think of Sarcastaball.

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
OK sounds good. Which one of you guys are going to start the official "Our bench belongs in the D League and this team is overrated and isnt gonna make the playoffs" thread?

Nobody because nobody is saying the bs you guys think we are saying.

CreekShow
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Riiight. As if there arent threads titled "Is this team overrated?" and "I miss every single player we had last year" on the front page.

Ok guy

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Riiight. As if there arent threads titled "Is this team overrated?" and "I miss every single player we had last year" on the front page.

Ok guy

There is nothing wrong with missing the guys from the previous bench and there is nothing wrong with asking the question if this team is overrated, you are making a big deal about nothing, I'm sorry but it looks to me like some of you need to go to indycornrows or Pacers.com so you can be with people that agree with you all the time.

By the way it was reported by Wells yesterday that the Pacers players are starting to feel like they are not a championship caliber team(after 4 games) are those guys jumping ship too? I guess the answer is NO.

ECKrueger
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM

...and none of us are saying its only been X games, everything will be perfect soon.

My point of view is that it's been 5 games and we will improve. I don't think we will be the 2 or 3 seed any more, but I can't see us being this bad all year. Plus, like others said, we saw some improvement against the Hawks. We aren't going to score less than 10 points in a quarter often. The offense is bad, but we, the coaches, and the players have seen the good. Vogel might not be perfect or even good, but I don't think he is dumb. I don't think this quality of play is up to his or the teams standards.

The people "staying on the ship" aren't saying it'll still be a great season because its only been D games. They're saying its only been X games, so lets see if any thing changes or improves soon before dismissing the season.

CreekShow
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with missing the guys from the previous bench and there is nothing wrong with asking the question if this team is overrated, you are making a big deal about nothing, I'm sorry but it looks to me like some of you need to go to indycornrows or Pacers.com so you can be with people that agree with you all the time.

By the way it was reported by Wells yesterday that the Pacers players are starting to feel like they are not a championship caliber team(after 4 games) are those guys jumping ship too? I guess the answer is NO.

Then there shouldnt be anything wrong when ppl have optimistic attitudes towards the season. You are contradicting yourself in the same post. Its quite funny.

Oh and im fine right where im @, thanks for the suggestion tho.

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Then there shouldnt be anything wrong when ppl have optimistic attitudes towards the season. You are contradicting yourself in the same post. Its quite funny.

Oh and im fine right where im @, thanks for the suggestion tho.

And who is saying that because you are optimistic you are wrong? you guys are the ones kicking and crying that because people are not as optimistic as you "they are jumping ship". I'm done with this argument by the way.

CreekShow
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
And who is saying that because you are optimistic you are wrong? you guys are the ones kicking and crying that because people are not as optimistic as you "they are jumping ship". I'm done with this argument by the way.

Good bc you sound foolish

IndySDExport
11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd have to say, as a franchise, we've been through much, much worse than getting off to a slow start, playing poorly and turning the ball over more than Michael Vick.

If I didn't jump ship after the brawl and JOB, I'm not jumping now. I will eternally let my emotions wax and wane with our win:loss record.

Hicks
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
This team is not smart, from coaching down. Don't know what to tell you if you can't see that.

I guess you might start by describing the thing or things you are noticing during the games that lead you to believe that the team is not smart.

duke dynamite
11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Meh, I have that same feeling I did in 2007-2008.

So yeah. Go Pacers... :rolleyes:

cdash
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I guess you might start by describing the thing or things you are noticing during the games that lead you to believe that the team is not smart.

Gerald Green's entire body of work through these first five games. If that is considered "jumping ship," I'm sorry, but he has been awful and makes some of the stupidest passes I have ever seen.

Trophy
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Gerald Green's entire body of work through these first five games. If that is considered "jumping ship," I'm sorry, but he has been awful and makes some of the stupidest passes I have ever seen.

He's playing better.

BlueCollarColts
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Anyone else or am I alone? Seriously it's five games and everyone is on suicide watch. Let this play out. Let them adjust. Let Roy adjust. There's a ton of pressure on Paul George right now. Let him get his game adjusted to being the man. It's not something that happens overnight. You guys really sound like a bunch of bandwagon fans right now. It's ridiculous. When this team rolls off 8 wins in a row and everyone starts talking about how hot they are, I dont want to hear from all you people jumping ship.
I am with you, i think people need to chill, but we do need to turn it around

tomkat1971
11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I will be here all year but at the moment I just don't think we have the pieces to turn it around. Yet, there is always hope, and maybe this team will get use to playing together and jell. But it does look like some bad trades were made during the off season and I think that's led to much of the losing this season.

Pacergeek
11-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking about jumping off. It would be one thing if our young guys resembled veterans. Paul George, Gerald Green, Ian Mahinmi, look like boys trying to play in a man's league

imbtyler
11-08-2012, 09:27 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9XMLAQXl1jbmLYvu45Lg1edW-u2OKQIvf0cHb2IZyF_dD5O-G

Hell no, this Captain's not jumping ship! Guys, it's 5 games. The Lakers are 1-4. Minnesota has a better record than OKC. Milwaukee is one win away from being a better seed than Boston. Does any of this sound right to you? Hell no. We have 77 more games to play before the playoffs, which is what really matters. I don't want to hear PD's darkside *****ing after every game, but someone's always going to have something to say.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7503/iconwinkjw1.gif The Captain says the real believers can stay aboard the ship. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqELSVwC_HJm7_yEkSsT4asHFtx3NB3 SBMVIjLToGnLUeyocss The rest o' ye can feel free to walk the plank. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/walk-plank-smiley.gif?1292867696

Nuntius
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM

yawn.

Look, you have every right to your opinion (no matter what this opinion is).

I'm not going to tell you what to do or how to feel. Do you want to think that the season is over? Do you want to think that the Pacers are a lottery team? Fine by me.

But don't force your opinion on others and then act like you're the victim here.

Here's a post of yours in the Hawks post game thread:

*Waits for all the people to come in and say OH COME ON GUISE STOP OVERACTING*

It was the post number 9. No previous post mentioned anything related with overreaction.

You just decided to bring this up again and in a vitriolic matter to boot.

Why? Think about it.

colts19
11-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not jumping ship and I still think we can be a really good team. The team has had very little time for fit the pieces together. I never thought some of the changes we made were a good idea. I have never cared for DJ Augustine's game. I think getting rid of DC was a big mistake and I think we miss the toughness of D Jones. Except for West we are just not a tough team, and with the loss of Granger for 3 months we are as soft as Charmin.