PDA

View Full Version : Down goes Granger - Simmons/Lowe

mattie
11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8603834/down-goes-granger

Who's hitting the trade machine?

Lowe: You were pretty down on Indiana when we talked before the season, even speculating they might be a lottery team if things were to go poorly.

Simmons: Yeah, I mentioned this during our preseason podcast and you nearly went into convulsions.

Lowe: I think I said I'd bet "huge sums of money" on them to make the playoffs, yes. I'd probably edit that down to "small sums of money" given Granger's injury.

Look: Indy had pretty pristine health last season, and basic probability laws said they were due for at least a small turn in luck this season. They've now had a big turn in luck, especially if Granger misses 40-50 games. Their offense has been a disaster through three games; they lead the league in turnover rate, they have almost no pick-and-roll game other than the occasional (and effective) David West slip, Paul George hasn't quite looked up to being a no. 1 guy and the overhauled bench is still a mess.

Simmons: And they don't have Larry Bird's godlike aura hovering around anymore to pick them up spiritually.

Lowe: Meanwhile, the Knicks have looked great. The Nets can score. Philly is a mess, and their best player (Andrew Bynum) is hurt. The Raptors, assuming a quick comeback for Kyle Lowry, are dangerous and fun. The Bucks and Hawks are feisty. The Bulls are still defending like hell. That makes 10 solid Eastern Conference teams.

Young Red
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I can't post the link apparently because I am a new account, but go check it out on Grantland.

Simmons has been pretty down on the Pacers even before the Granger injury. As you can imagine, it's even worse now. He also seems to think that it is a long shot for Gerald Green to ever have any basketball IQ.

IUfan4life
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, Here's to finding the 6 seed.

TMJ31
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Between last night, and today on PD, I should be completely abandoning all hope if I were to feel the way I 'should be' according to everyone.

Listen guys, we're going to be a good team, a playoff team, and a SOLID playoff team with a great chance at having a good run.

You guys... seriously.

boombaby1987
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
It's nice to get a non homer perspective. I really want to see how we perform tonight. If we win, I will have hope. If we get blown out by 20, I'm very concerned.

PacersPride
11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Between last night, and today on PD, I should be slitting my wrists if I were to feel the way I 'should be' according to everyone.

Listen guys, we're going to be a good team, a playoff team, and a SOLID playoff team with a great chance at having a good run.

You guys... seriously.

if you are okay with "good" then sure lets celebrate! without Bird guiding this Franchise it seems like the team has lost its hunger.

Brian Shaw is going to be a really good coach and I do not want to see him leave the Pacers bench. .02

It's nice to get a non homer perspective. I really want to see how we perform tonight. If we win, I will have hope. If we get blown out by 20, I'm very concerned.

the hawks have owned us for awhile. im hoping for the best but expecting much less.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Here's to finding the 6 seed.
If we play like we have played in the first 3 games.....we won't make the 6th seed.....7th or 8th at best.

Hibbert and whoever replaces Granger in the Starting Lineup and the rest of the bench has to really step up.

sothenrobbiesaid
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Between last night, and today on PD, I should be slitting my wrists if I were to feel the way I 'should be' according to everyone.

You guys... seriously.

Usually I just lurk away and enjoy the postings of many bright and dedicated Pacers fans on the board.

However, as someone who has walked in on his grandfather in a pool of his own blood after he had slit his wrists, I found your choice of words to be distasteful.

I'm not trying to make a huge deal (or any deal, honestly) out of this by any means; these type of sayings just seem to hit home in a way I never imagined possible.

TMJ31
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Usually I just lurk away and enjoy the postings of many bright and dedicated Pacers fans on the board.

However, as someone who has walked in on his grandfather in a pool of his own blood after he had slit his wrists, I found your choice of words to be distasteful.

I'm not trying to make a huge deal (or any deal, honestly) out of this by any means; these type of sayings just seem to hit home in a way I never imagined possible.

I apologize. Didn't stop to think about how I phrased that.

Truly, I am sorry.