PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wells: Pacers reach out to Mickael Pietrus

habart30
11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
via Twitter Mike Wells is reporting that the Pacers have already reach out to free agent swingman Mikael Pietrus as a replacement for Danny Granger...

During Mikael's 10 seasons in the NBA on 4 different squads he only averaged more than 10ppg once. That was 06-07 with Golden State. Pietrus would not be anything close to Granger in our lineup, but would provide veteran leadership to a young team in need.

If Pietrus isn't our guy it is good to know the team is looking for options!

Mike Wells: @MikeWellsNBA on Twitter

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Pietrus is a guy I wanted last year, nice to know that they are looking for other options.

Trader Joe
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I mean he's a vet, but that's about all I can say. He's a slight upgrade over Sam Young.

pacergod2
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Cutting Ben?

Psyren
11-07-2012, 01:30 PM
This may end Ben's run in Indy

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Pretty good defender, and a good 3pt shooter.

Not a world beater by ANY MEANS, but a good vet who can fit a role on a team. Especially one that could use some 3pt shooting.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Pietrus is a very solid Wing Defender that can hit the 3pt shot but has a low Basketball IQ and poor shot selection.

Other FA options?

Josh Howard
QRich
TWill
Ryan Gomes

pacer4ever
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Would prefer Elijah Milsap and a few others over him

Derek2k3
11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
He's actually a great defender. Perimeter defense would immediately get better...but don't see how this even slightly affects our greatest area of need: shooting.

The guy is a shooter...if he isn't being defended and can take corner pop shots.

Derek2k3
11-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Too bad we can't get Redd.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 01:37 PM
He's actually a great defender. Perimeter defense would immediately get better...but don't see how this even slightly affects our greatest area of need: shooting.

The guy is a shooter...if he isn't being defended and can take corner pop shots.

A lot of our 3pt shots have been fairly open. If Roy and D.West ever pass the ball out of the post, then he would have a chance to get some open 3's.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Pietrus is a very solid Wing Defender that can hit the 3pt shot but has a low Basketball IQ and poor shot selection.

Other FA options?

Josh Howard
QRich
TWill
Ryan Gomes

D.West, M.Redd

not tooooo much out there.

PGisthefuture
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Honestly, I like the idea of getting Pietrus. He's definitely an upgrade over Sam Young as a starter. I don't know why some of you guys are so down on this. He is kinda like Leandro imo. Which might not help in the playoffs, but will be solid for depth and won't hurt to have while Danny is out.

Since86
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Cutting Ben?

Pacers have a roster spot open, I do beleive.

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
He is an upgrade over Young, he can play D and make shots but he also makes low basketball IQ plays at times, I like him but I would try to get somebody else, they should look to make a trade or something.

imawhat
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Why didn't we get him over Young in the first place?

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Now that I think about it, Pacers should think about bringing Kmart, let him replace Ian and you can ad some more scoring, rebound and D to the second unit, maybe bring both of them? Kmart and Pietrus would be an upgrade over Ian and Young for sure.

Trophy
11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Always was a fan of Pietrus and was surprised he wasn't signed in the offseason.

I'd gladly welcome him here. He'd add some more offense in starting lineup over Young and Green plays his familiar role off the bench.

Erndog
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I've always liked Mickael Pietrus, so as a short term band aid I'd be ok with that.

What about Josh Howard? Why not get a guy who actually has, in the past, been seen as a go-to guy instead of Pietrus who's always been seen as a complimentary player? At least with Josh you know there is the potential to excel.

Trophy
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Pacers have a roster spot open, I do beleive.

No, it's a full 15. So Ben is most likely the odd man out.

Trader Joe
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Because Howard is a malcontent?

Speed
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Its probably coincidence, but he seemed to get hurt every game I've seen him play in the last few years.

He reminds me of a poor mans Stephen Jackson. He has the size and ability. He seemed to get old quick. Who knows, you could do worse, though.

repole
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Eh, saw a lot of Pietrus in Boston last year. That knuckleball 3 pointer is ugly, and it's going in less often than it used to. Would not be especially excited with this.

LoneGranger33
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Sigh...I guess I'll just become a huge Pietrus fan and change my username to LoanGranger...

Goyle
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I really want nothing to do with Pietrus, we have enough players making bad basketball plays.

Are there any 3 and D guys available? Delonte West would help, but then we'd have way too many combo guards.

PGisthefuture
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
He is an upgrade over Young, he can play D and make shots but he also makes low basketball IQ plays at times, I like him but I would try to get somebody else, they should look to make a trade or something.

I agree, but who would we trade/trade for? I think it's clear we are keeping Hill, George, West, Hibbert together. Then our bench is not very enticing if we're looking for a legit replacement while Danny is gone.

I guess I could see us trading a core piece later on in the season if we are really, really struggling.

Derek2k3
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree, but who would we trade/trade for? I think it's clear we are keeping Hill, George, West, Hibbert together. Then our bench is not very enticing if we're looking for a legit replacement while Danny is gone.

I guess I could see us trading a core piece later on in the season if we are really, really struggling.

If that happens then you can assume big things in the offseason. Donnie doesn't really make moves in the middle of the year. Plus, just don't know who you'd be able to get that would make a noticeable enough difference to make it worth breaking up one of the most promising cores in the NBA.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
If that happens then you can assume big things in the offseason. Donnie doesn't really make moves in the middle of the year. Plus, just don't know who you'd be able to get that would make a noticeable enough difference to make it worth breaking up one of the most promising cores in the NBA.

If we really go into the tank, I could see us trading D.West and his expiring to another team for either a draft pick, another young player, etc.

Peck
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I just like the fact that the Pacers are looking.

MikeDC
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
How's about JaJuan Johnson? Obviously he's more of a 4 but he's got range on his shot and seemed like actually might be able to score at a reasonable clip, even in the NBA.

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Donnie doesn't really make moves in the middle of the year.

I'll raise you a Murphleavy and call.

dal9
11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
A little surprised at the # of Delonte West suggestions in the thread. I'm usually the last person to insist on "high-character players" but Delonte is, to put it harshly, a little insane.

Trader Joe
11-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I'll raise you a Murphleavy and call.

Uh, what about the Jalen Rose trade too? Walsh has made mid season deals on more than one occasion in his career.

diamonddave00
11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Delonte West is bipolar and takes meds for it no thank you.

diamonddave00
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Micheal Pietrus at the time of the Murphy, Dunlevy and Diogu trade was a player Walsh and Bird asked for but the Warriors were intrigued by his upside. That said Walsh and Pritchard checking on him comes as no surprise.

BlueCollarColts
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
well we need to get somebody and fast

CableKC
11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Because Howard is a malcontent?
Wasn't Josh Howard one of the FA options that KP/Walsh were looking at during this offseason?

He has always had some off-court issues....but if it was a great concern...would KP/Walsh have looked into him in the first place?

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Josh Howard never seemed to me to be a solid scorer, but more of an athlete, all around player. We have enough of those.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Pietrus isn't exactly a scorer himself. lol

CableKC
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Shawne Williams? :zip:

MnvrChvy
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe we can trade Ian and get a guy like Dahntay Jones from the Mavs. I think he'd look good in the Blue n Gold. :D

ChicagoJ
11-07-2012, 03:35 PM

:banhim: :D

Rogco
11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
A little surprised at the # of Delonte West suggestions in the thread. I'm usually the last person to insist on "high-character players" but Delonte is, to put it harshly, a little insane.

If we sign Delonte, I think it should be to purely whisper sweet nothings into Lebron's ear in the playoffs

CableKC
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
:banhim: :D
DW liked him in NY :shrug:

Justin Tyme
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
they should look to make a trade

WILSON CHANDLER

would fit the bill nicely. Get it done KP!

Edit: he played well in NY when Walsh was there.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd rather give Terrence Williams a try......I know there there is some issue with him...but I'd love to have a Playmaker like him on the Team.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
WILSON CHANDLER

would fit the bill nicely. Get it done KP!

Edit: he played well in NY when Walsh was there.

Wilson Chandler has played worse than Gerald Green has thus far this season.

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
After considering what's out there, I think Lance breaking out is our best chance.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
After considering what's out there, I think Lance breaking out is our best chance.

I agree.

I think if we start Lance and tell him "here's your chance to show you can be a starter" we would get some good Lance (ala Bobcats) and some bad Lance, but it'd be nice to see what he'd be able to do when given the same opportunities that Paul has been given.

dal9
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
If we sign Delonte, I think it should be to purely whisper sweet nothings into Lebron's ear in the playoffs

Would it be cheaper to just get him courtside seats for the playoffs?

CJ Jones
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Much rather have Delonte West over Pietrus even with the crazy. West is clearly the better player. We could use his ball handling and defense.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I have little problem with losing while giving Lance and OJ the chance to develop and prove themselves. But my guess is that the FO would much rather get a proven FA talent to continue to win games rather then develop Lance and OJ.

PGisthefuture
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM

Yeah, I really don't think that we will trade any core pieces.

Justin Tyme
11-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Wilson Chandler has played worse than Gerald Green has thus far this season.

Ok, but you OMITTED something very important... his CAREER STATS!

13.7 PPG... 45% FG... 32% 3pt... 78% FT... 5.2 REB... 1.8 AST

Not to mention he's been a starter which is what the Pacers need, nor is he long in the tooth.

I'll play the "it's only 4 games in the season" card for his season stats as so many do.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah...trading a Player unless it's an "end of the bench" Player would be a panic move that makes little sense.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 04:19 PM

Not to mention he's been a starter which is what the Pacers need, nor is he long in the tooth.

I'll play the "it's only 4 games in the season" card for his season stats as so many do.
Okay...next question...who would you trade Wilson Chandler for?

Cuz I'm pretty sure that the Nuggets would not take any of the non-core Players for Wilson Chandler.

Ace E.Anderson
11-07-2012, 04:23 PM

The past two seasons (since he's been back from China) he hasn't played all that well (9pts on 39% shooting last year.)

He does have some starter experience, but he's also come off the bench just as much.

Also, a lot like what everyone has criticized Green for, he put up good numbers on a bad team all those years in NY.

I like him as a player, but I want to see him come back from his injury before picking him and his contract up. So far, he doesn't look like the same player. (I watched the Nuggets and Pistons play last night on league pass)

If he can return to pre-injury/pre-China form--why not! (as long as it were a reasonable trade)

Justin Tyme
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Okay...next question...who would you trade Wilson Chandler for?

Cuz I'm pretty sure that the Nuggets would not take any of the non-core Players for Wilson Chandler.

Very interesting question! A number of Pacer players can't be traded due to FA signings. I guess I never really considered which Pacer players are available to trade. Hm, I really don't have a good answer. Maybe, Wilson Chandler is just wishful thinking on my part now from last season.

PGisthefuture
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
This won't be popular, but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Terrance Williams.

Justin Tyme
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I can't believe what I'm about to ask! Is Shawne Williams on any NBA teams?

I'm not advocating to sign him, just asking. He's more of a stretch 4 than a SF. I'm not sure, but I think he played a little 5 for the Knicks too when Amare was injured.

pacergod2
11-07-2012, 04:47 PM
How about we don't panic, as this is how we have set up our team for these exact type of circumstances. We signed six wings for our roster, why don't we rely on our depth to step up and learn to make plays? That to me sounds like the best answer, since they will be rotation players even when Granger gets back.

START LANCE!!! PLEASE! MOM THE MEATLOAF! F**K! I NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING UP THERE!

diamonddave00
11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I still have faith Gerald Green will be fine , averaging around 14 ppg. His first games were horrible but the last 2 he's 10 for 19 from the field, scoring 26 points with 11 rebounds off the bench. Can he replace Danny totally? No but he will be better than his 1st 2 games.

naptownmenace
11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
SMALL FORWARDS: James Anderson, Renaldo Balkman, Derryck Byars, Da'Sean Butler, Gary Forbes, Ryan Gomes, Joey Graham, Donte Greene, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, JaJuan Johnson, Jason Kapono, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Jamario Moon, Larry Owens, Bobby Simmons, Alando Tucker, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams.

Those are the current available Free Agent Small Forwards other than Pietrus. Out of that slush pile of players, Gary Forbes, JaJuan Johnson, Jason Kapono (preferrably the Kapono of 2008-09), and Ryan Gomes are the only players that could help a little. It's pretty slim pickins.

Micheal Redd, Josh Howard, and Mehmet Okur interest me a little because of their experience. This really is terrible news even if one of these players is signed.

spreedom
11-07-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Terrence-Williams-in-China-cropped-e1352233653512.jpg

Terrence Williams just signed with a Chinese team in the CBA. I wish we'd have known the severity of Danny's knee trouble two weeks ago.

Pacer Fan
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
No to Mickael Pietrus, have to be better options out there.

MvPlumlee
11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I just like the fact that the Pacers are looking.

It doesn't exactly scream confidence in the players we have to play more minutes when Granger is hurt.

IMO it is not a good time to start looking to add players to a full roster.

After all, it's only 4 games.

wintermute
11-07-2012, 05:39 PM

He was ok on the Knicks, but he's more of a full time PF now if his time in NY is any indication. And he followed up that season with a stinker on the Nets.

It would be a major learning year for Lance, and I don't think he would help win many games this year if asked to contribute in a huge role. But as a move for the future? Heck yeah, I'm down with that. In part because I didn't really buy the Pacers being a genuine contender this season, even with Granger.

pacergod2
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
I can handle taking the mistakes and losses if our team substantively improves.

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 05:44 PM
It doesn't exactly scream confidence in the players we have to play more minutes when Granger is hurt.

IMO it is not a good time to start looking to add players to a full roster.

After all, it's only 4 games.

Maybe the Pacers front office is reading PD and are freaking out, somebody should make a big sign to let them know that "has only been 4 games", the sign should have removable numbers just in case ;)

wintermute
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
SMALL FORWARDS: James Anderson, Renaldo Balkman, Derryck Byars, Da'Sean Butler, Gary Forbes, Ryan Gomes, Joey Graham, Donte Greene, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, JaJuan Johnson, Jason Kapono, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Jamario Moon, Larry Owens, Bobby Simmons, Alando Tucker, Bill Walker and Shawne Williams.

There's our replacement scorer :devil:

Hypnotiq
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Damion James would be pretty good i would sign him out off the dudes thats left

CableKC
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I can't believe what I'm about to ask! Is Shawne Williams on any NBA teams?

I'm not advocating to sign him, just asking. He's more of a stretch 4 than a SF. I'm not sure, but I think he played a little 5 for the Knicks too when Amare was injured.
You know as well as I know that under D'Antoni......everyone is a 4 or 5. I'd rather take my chances on TWill....he brings something else to the table....whereas Shawne doesn't do anything that George or Green can't do.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Terrence-Williams-in-China-cropped-e1352233653512.jpg

Terrence Williams just signed with a Chinese team in the CBA. I wish we'd have known the severity of Danny's knee trouble two weeks ago.
You don't think that if KP/Walsh called him up in China that he'd sneak onto a plane and fly to Indy the next day?

rock747
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Kapono wouldn't be a bad option would he? We desperately need some shooting....

CableKC
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Kapono wouldn't be a bad option would he? We desperately need some shooting....
Do we need a shooter that can hit the 3 ( and not much else ) or a Scorer?

I'm inclined to get a Player that can do what other Players can't. That's why I'm advocating TWill. At worst, take a flier on him to see how he does and then move on. It's not like other FAs like Pietrus, Josh Howard or Damion Jones are high in demand. :shrug:

repole
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a Delonte pick up, I think in terms of actual ability he's pretty easily the best you'd find at this point.

Based on his time in Boston, he's by no means a bad intentioned guy, just doesn't always have his head in the right place. But he tends to have a good reputation amongst his teammates, so I don't think he's THAT big of a risk.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a Delonte pick up, I think in terms of actual ability he's pretty easily the best you'd find at this point.

Based on his time in Boston, he's by no means a bad intentioned guy, just doesn't always have his head in the right place. But he tends to have a good reputation amongst his teammates, so I don't think he's THAT big of a risk.
Given the really odd and reasons for his abrupt dismissal from Dallas.....I don't think that he'd be a good Player to pick up.

Besides...we need more of a SF that can play some SG minutes...not another PG.

LetsTalkPacers84
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
dumb questioin and it may have been asked, but since danny will be out for an extended period. can we put him on some type of IR list to open a roster spot?

PR07
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm fine with Pietrus. He's still a pretty cagey defender and can the open three point shot from time to time. He's been on some contending teams and played well in clutch spots and doesn't have baggage of Delonte West and Josh Howard-types.

BornReady
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Let Gerald Green learn and adapt

QuickRelease
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Any thoughts to Tracy McGrady?

wintermute
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
dumb questioin and it may have been asked, but since danny will be out for an extended period. can we put him on some type of IR list to open a roster spot?

Not a dumb question, but answer seems to be no (at least for now). If Danny were out for the season though, the Pacers can apply for a Disabled Player Exception to sign a replacement. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Danny did end up missing the entire season - his injury sounds pretty bad.

CableKC
11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I was thinking of him as well.......but I'd rather go after TWill.

glasket
11-07-2012, 08:54 PM
What are your thoughts of M Redd - good veteran and shooter.

Brad8888
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I wonder what it would take to get the Bucks to trade Dunleavy to us? He is the passer and scorer we desperately need to make our offense flow correctly in my view, and we have enough other defenders to cover for him at this point.

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I wonder what it would take to get the Bucks to trade Dunleavy to us? He is the passer and scorer we desperately need to make our offense flow correctly in my view, and we have enough other defenders to cover for him at this point.

I rather go after Redick.

naptownmenace
11-07-2012, 09:56 PM

Terrence Williams just signed with a Chinese team in the CBA. I wish we'd have known the severity of Danny's knee trouble two weeks ago.Terrence Williams is a chucker that thinks he can shoot but can't and he's been horrible for at least the last 2 seasons.

I'd rather have a broken down Micheal Redd because if nothing else, he can shoot.

naptownmenace
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM

I wanted the Pacers to sign him before the season started but he's playing over in China now.

pacer4ever
11-08-2012, 01:27 AM
I would offer a ton for Eric Bledsoe I think he can be had for the right package. His scoring would help so much combine that with his body and upside Id call and see what it would take. He is behind Cp3 and they have depth. I wouldn't trade him but who knows. hill Bledsoe PG24 West would be a real solid scoring group. Bledsoe is a freak athlete who is terrific off the dribble just what we need. DJ and 2 firsts protected is what I would offer. I think he is posied to be a breakout stud. He is really the only guy who a team may trade that I would really go after.

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
11-08-2012, 01:39 AM
i like signing Peitrus also, maybe he can give us a spark

CableKC
11-08-2012, 02:02 AM
I would offer a ton for Eric Bledsoe I think he can be had for the right package. His scoring would help so much combine that with his body and upside Id call and see what it would take. He is behind Cp3 and they have depth. I wouldn't trade him but who knows. hill Bledsoe PG24 West would be a real solid scoring group. Bledsoe is a freak athlete who is terrific off the dribble just what we need. DJ and 2 firsts protected is what I would offer. I think he is posied to be a breakout stud. He is really the only guy who a team may trade that I would really go after.
DJ+2 first for Bledsoe? That's a little much if you ask me.

diamonddave00
11-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Mike Dunleavy at 3.75 mil sounds more attractive than at 11 mil

imawhat
11-08-2012, 03:19 AM

The Clippers aren't trading Bledsoe, even for that. They overvalue him right now; he's too much of a game changer.

pacer4ever
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
The Clippers aren't trading Bledsoe, even for that. They overvalue him right now; he's too much of a game changer.

I agree I wouldn't trade him. If CP3 resigns this summer I would call then too. I doubt they trade him but it would be worth a try. He is what we need someone dynamic on both ends. This summer if DG is healthy a DG for Bledsoe framework would be something that could work. DG as the 3rd option there would be scary. I still doubt they do it but I would try he is gonna be really good.

Since86
11-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Clippers might not have a choice if Bledsoe keeps playing so well.

CP3's deal is up after this year.
Griffin's contract really ratchets up after this year to $16M, and gets as high as $21M in 2018.
DeAndre's contract is about $11M

Clippers are looking at $48M in salary next season, and that's without CP3's contract. He can make up to $18M on his next contract so the Clips are looking at $60M+ after next season, which will be right around the salary cap.

The good thing is that they have another year to decide.

Doddage
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Besides Holiday, Bledsoe was the guy I really wanted in the 09 Draft.

tfarks
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Besides Holiday, Bledsoe was the guy I really wanted in the 09 Draft.

2010 draft. And yeah, I was really high on him and wanted him too. Of course we got George with that draft.

pacer4ever
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Clippers might not have a choice if Bledsoe keeps playing so well.

CP3's deal is up after this year.
Griffin's contract really ratchets up after this year to $16M, and gets as high as $21M in 2018.
DeAndre's contract is about $11M

Clippers are looking at $48M in salary next season, and that's without CP3's contract. He can make up to $18M on his next contract so the Clips are looking at $60M+ after next season, which will be right around the salary cap.

The good thing is that they have another year to decide.

Yep that was my thinking they can't really afford him unless Sterling is willing to pay the LT. I would just kick the tires on him like the Rockets kept doing with Harden. No one thought Harden would be traded but because Morey had asked about him so much they got 1st dibs. I think come this off season he will ethier be traded or somehow resigned.

naptownmenace
11-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I do believe that Allen Iverson is available. He could be the Answer to our scoring and passing problems.

ejwallace
11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I do believe that Allen Iverson is available. He could be the Answer to our scoring and passing problems.

My first ever post on this board was about wanting Iverson on the Pacers.....Boy did I ever get flamed for that one.....

naptownmenace
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
My first ever post on this board was about wanting Iverson on the Pacers.....Boy did I ever get flamed for that one.....

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark. However, I don't think it would hurt to bring him in for a workout to see if he still has any game left. Even if he's only 50% the player he was in during his MVP season, he could help. He couldn't be any worse than DJ Augustin.

If nothing else, it would get a lot of the casual fan's and the media's attention. If I was the GM I'd do it for the press and ticket sales alone.

Doddage
11-08-2012, 11:20 AM
2010 draft. And yeah, I was really high on him and wanted him too. Of course we got George with that draft.
Oops, yeah, my bad. I was hoping we'd land an additional pick in 2010 to get Bledsoe.

sam kaiserblade
11-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Orlando probably doesnt have much use for Al Harrington. Bring him back again.

DemonHunter1105
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM

It is pathetic that both he and Dunleavy sound like good ideas...okay maybe not really Dunleavy. None of the parties involved(Pacers, Bucks, or Mike) would want that but on basketball premise alone he could actually help. Al might be pretty good for this team without Danny. Even with Danny as a backup he would be great.

This really does feel like bizarro world, trying to rationalize bringing him back....AGAIN.

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Al has a long contract, that is not going to happen.

Naptown_Seth
11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I think you need to just run with Green, Lance and Young and let them develop, as well as Paul developing as the main guy.

Probably for the best in the long run, trial by fire and all that. If they can stay in the playoff hunt. Clearly my 58 win season dream is DOA.

No one you can add is really going to have a huge impact above what is already going on, just more thrashing of roles to muddy the water.

Trader Joe
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I think you need to just run with Green, Lance and Young and let them develop, as well as Paul developing as the main guy.

Probably for the best in the long run, trial by fire and all that. If they can stay in the playoff hunt. Clearly my 58 win season dream is DOA.

No one you can add is really going to have a huge impact above what is already going on, just more thrashing of roles to muddy the water.

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Justin Tyme
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Bite your tongue, 3rd time isn't a charm! The Pacers are shooting too many 3's now, and bringing in Harrington will just add to the problem.

Sparhawk
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Kenyon Martin is still out there? He could help some much needed scoring down low and he's a plus defender and rebounder....all the things Hans is not.

I'd still like Reggie Jackson on OKC. Bledsoe would be nice. I just don't see how we would get anyone without trading picks. Then again, next year's draft isn't looking very promising outside the top few spots.

oz_pacer
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I also think josh Howard would be great for this team he is perfect for that starting spot IMO he does a bit of everything and has experience he can fill the gap of granger and be a valuable backup when he returns

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
With Danny Granger out of the Indiana Pacers’ lineup, free agent Mickael Pietrus is an option for the organization but is far from officially signing a contract and remains in discussions with a few other teams, agent Bill McCandless told RealGM on Thursday.

While McCandless admits he has been in contact with general managers across the NBA, he insisted by phone: “A report goes out and everybody thinks Mickael is on a plane headed for Indiana. Everybody needs to hold their horses.”

Over the past week, Pietrus’ camp has seen a spike in interest for the veteran swingman, who has career averages of 8.4 points and 3.1 rebounds and is well regarded as among the stellar perimeter defenders in the league.

The health of Pietrus’ knee has been perceived as an issue, but McCandless stressed he is 100 percent healthy following an offseason of intensive rehabilitation. Pietrus’ representatives are confident a deal will be found soon.

If the Pacers indeed decide they will sign a small forward due to Granger’s absence with left knee tendinosis, Pietrus and Josh Howard are the leading candidates.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224383/Mickael_Pietrus_In_Talks_With_Pacers_Other_Teams

Derek2k3
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Kenyon Martin is still out there? He could help some much needed scoring down low and he's a plus defender and rebounder....all the things Hans is not.

I'd still like Reggie Jackson on OKC. Bledsoe would be nice. I just don't see how we would get anyone without trading picks. Then again, next year's draft isn't looking very promising outside the top few spots.

Thing is, PF has been maybe our most consistent position. It's been the 3 and the 5 that have killed us.

Roy has been bad at the 5, Mahinmi has been worse.

David has been great at the 4, Tyler has been more than serviceable as the backup. Earning FTA's, playing shockingly good defense, bringing useful energy. Unless you ran several lineups with David and Kenyon at the 4 and 5 I don't see the value of bringing him in.

What we need is someone to replace Young/Green in the starting lineup, someone that we could put next to Hill and George. Josh Howard/Pietrus fill that need.

I'd love to see a DJ/Hill/PG lineup, see if that helps DJ bust out of his slump.

ejwallace
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
What about picking up another guard to move some people around.....I believe that Jordan Farmar is still available....That would allow Hill to the 2, PG24 to the 3....free Hill up to be a spot up shooter instead of a creator for others, and pray that PG24 breaks out....

ChicagoJ
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd love to see a DJ/Hill/PG lineup, see if that helps DJ bust out of his slump.

I like this idea. Not permanently, but over the short term/ while Dannny is out.

3rdStrike
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Better to stick with the bench guys we have now (it's only been 5 games and when the starters are underperforming it's a gigantic stretch to make the bench into the scapegoat) than to bring in scrubs like Pietrus, Josh Howard, etc. Those guys were OK five years ago, but if you want to look at how awesome they would be for our team take a look at Sam Young.

granger4mvp
11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
ADMIN: Needed link, vnzla81 provided quote and link below

Didn't know if any one has seen this yet Oh yeah wish it was 2-3 weeks sheesh get it right

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
11-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I would welcome him here, as long as his knees are healthy again

vnzla81
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
While the Indiana Pacers have been linked to players such as Mickael Pietrus and Josh Howard this week, they do not have immediate plans to make a roster addition, according to a source.

It was revealed earlier this week that Danny Granger will miss three weeks because of knee tendinosis. The Pacers are 2-3 through their first five games. They finished last season with the third-best regular season record in the Eastern Conference and took an early lead in their semifinal series against the eventual champion Heat.

With Granger out, Frank Vogel has used a combination of Gerald Green and Sam Young at small forward. Granger, an All-Star in 2009, is owed more than $13 million this season. Granger is expected to remain around the team while he rehabs his knee so that the training staff can monitor his progress.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224390/Source_Pacers_Have_No_Immediate_Plan_To_Sign_Repla cement_For_Granger

naptownmenace
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
The Pacers might want to revisit the talks with Pietrus, Josh Howard, and Micheal Redd to see if they talk them into joining the team.

They need another scorer with experience and one who isn't afraid to make plays down the stretch. I think that's why Bird was so interested in OJ Mayo and Jamal Crawford. They both had down seasons last year but look how well they're playing now on their new teams. They play with zero fear and can create their own shots. The Pacers miss Danny but they also miss Barbosa off the bench.

Derek2k3
11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Wolves signed Howard. Vet minimum for 1 year (No 10 day contracts until January 7th.)

Howard to Wolves (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1410018-josh-howard-and-minnesota-timberwolves-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-contract)

naptownmenace
11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Wolves signed Howard. Vet minimum for 1 year (No 10 day contracts until January 7th.)

Howard to Wolves (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1410018-josh-howard-and-minnesota-timberwolves-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-contract)

How is it that the TWolves keep swooping in and signing guys that the Pacers were reportedly interested in? When and how did they become a hot destination for Free Agents? First Brandon Roy and now Josh Howard.

Maybe I should've put that in green. Brandon Roy is looking like a bad decision and I really didn't want Josh Howard.

Goyle
11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Wolves have done a monster job rebuilding. AK and Shved were incredible signings, is Khan still running the show over there?

HalaSon33
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Quentin Richardson is still out there, What about him, he'd be great IMO.

MillerTime
11-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Al has a long contract, that is not going to happen.

Yup...hes getting paid until the summer of 2015...not happening

Derek2k3
11-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Do you guys think there is any chance the FO is planning on moving Roy when they can (January 15th) ala' Nene last season?

It just seems like the team will struggle to grow with that contract, period. I personally think Roy will figure it out, but the inactivity thus far makes me wonder if there is a plan in place, and they are just waiting on the right moment.

No way they accept going from a #3 seed to a lottery team, if that's what happens. At least, I hope there's no way.

naptownmenace
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Do you guys think there is any chance the FO is planning on moving Roy when they can (January 15th) ala' Nene last season?

It just seems like the team will struggle to grow with that contract, period. I personally think Roy will figure it out, but the inactivity thus far makes me wonder if there is a plan in place, and they are just waiting on the right moment.

No way they accept going from a #3 seed to a lottery team, if that's what happens. At least, I hope there's no way.

No, I seriously doubt it. I think that Donnie is too loyal and too patient to do something like that. Even if he did, what do you get in return?

I think signing Pietrus, Michael Redd, or even Gary Forbes might be the best way to go in the meantime and just play this season out. It's still possible that they can stay in the middle of the pack if they can pick up a player that can knock down open jumpers. If they do that and Danny returns in January, they could go on a run to finish the season on a roll. They need a little outside help to get by until then.

Derek2k3
11-19-2012, 04:16 PM
No, I seriously doubt it. I think that Donnie is too loyal and too patient to do something like that. Even if he did, what do you get in return?

I think signing Pietrus, Michael Redd, or even Gary Forbes might be the best way to go in the meantime and just play this season out. It's still possible that they can stay in the middle of the pack if they can pick up a player that can knock down open jumpers. If they do that and Danny returns in January, they could go on a run to finish the season on a roll. They need a little outside help to get by until then.

Yeah, I'd imagine Roy doesn't have a ton of value right now.

wintermute
11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Pacers were apparently interested in Rashad McCants

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Update for Rashad McCants fans: McCants, who remains on radar for NBA teams thanks to his scoring ability, is bound for China with Foshan

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Pacers, I'm told, recently expressed some interest in Rashad McCants before former Wolves and Kings shooting guard landed deal in China

I guess we must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if McCants is the best scorer we could come up with. He does have the alpha scorer mentality, if not necessarily alpha scorer talent. At least we didn't actually sign him - if we're talking projects, I think there are better options out there, e.g. someone like Jermaine Taylor. And oh yeah, I'm still miffed that we didn't sign Shaun Livingston - he had a pretty good game against us.

CableKC
11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
What we need is to either continue to try to give Lance more consistent minutes or find a smart basketball IQ player....getting another scorer like Green won't get us there. We need guys that don't turn the frakkin ball over...make smart moves on both sides of the court and are able to minimize their mistakes.

pacer4ever
11-19-2012, 11:06 PM

I guess we must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if McCants is the best scorer we could come up with. He does have the alpha scorer mentality, if not necessarily alpha scorer talent. At least we didn't actually sign him - if we're talking projects, I think there are better options out there, e.g. someone like Jermaine Taylor. And oh yeah, I'm still miffed that we didn't sign Shaun Livingston - he had a pretty good game against us.

I would be embarrassed to be linked to McCants cant get much lower than that. I would have to question the FO in a major way if Stein's source is true.

D-BONE
11-20-2012, 05:07 AM

Why we weren't hot on the trail of Livingston or a similar legit, veteran point guard for our third guard position is beyond me. What is Sudiata Gaines up to? I'd bring him back, try to start him, and move Hill to the 2. Or, worst case, give him a shot as the back up point. At least he could play D.

Cannot understand what the idea with Ben Hansbrough was. Great story and so forth, but you need a 3rd pg who you can actually go to if the situation arises. Hansbrough is unproven as an NBA talent.

Of course, giving Lance the keys as the backup pg right now would be preferable to what Agustin's giving us. He's obviously a complete bust to this point, and we didn't cover our assess by at least having another emergency option with some experience behind him. Not to mention the whole issue the Hill isn't really a point guard, which means we basically don't have a true point option period. Brilliant!

Pacer Fan
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I think we should wait till Dec. when our new FA's can be traded. Packaged for a good talent or something. I'll have to look into that later and see what options might be there.

Any ideas that are legit or possible that you might have?

Ace E.Anderson
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I think we should wait till Dec. when our new FA's can be traded. Packaged for a good talent or something. I'll have to look into that later and see what options might be there.

Any ideas that are legit or possible that you might have?

Hou: Parsons, Morris and a draft pick
Bos: C. lee and Bass and a draft pick
GS: W/DJ for Landry, Jack and a draft pick
Por: w/DJ for Hickson, Matthews and a draft pick

POR, GS, and HOU are all younger teams that would welcome a consistent veteran presence like West. He would have the same effect on these teams that he's had here.

I think West would help put BOS in a better position to be a championship threat. (could you imagine pick and pop with West on one side, KG on the other) They're loaded at the 2 and don't NEED C. Lee.

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head...

Naptown_Seth
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I think we should wait till the new era the team just reached actually fails from a player perspective. We are just now starting to find out what kind of team and coach we have, and 10-11 games in we are going to punt? And to get what?

The investment in Roy and George was about "these 5 can win a ton of games, this is our now and next 3-4 years for sure". You don't bail on that after a month because bailing on that meant you are going into rebuild immediately after leaving rebuild.

Enough with chasing the next shiny object. The team is struggling but it's doing so with 4-5 guys playing at their lowest statistical output ever. How would swapping them for another guy who will then see his production drop to its lowest ever fix anything?

The grass is not greener next door, its an illusion. The talent you could trade for is going to look similar to the talent we have. No one is trading a 3pt ace that plays defense for a non-3pt ace that plays defense.

If you wanted to deal Roy, West or Hill then last April was the time to do it. But of course back then no one wanted to trade them because the team was winning...exactly the reason they had market value.

vnzla81
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Hou: Parsons, Morris and a draft pick
Bos: C. lee and Bass and a draft pick
GS: W/DJ for Landry, Jack and a draft pick
Por: w/DJ for Hickson, Matthews and a draft pick

POR, GS, and HOU are all younger teams that would welcome a consistent veteran presence like West. He would have the same effect on these teams that he's had here.

I think West would help put BOS in a better position to be a championship threat. (could you imagine pick and pop with West on one side, KG on the other) They're loaded at the 2 and don't NEED C. Lee.

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head...

I was thinking about West+ pick+ Plumlee for Big Baby(3 years 6.4 mil a year) + Redick, it depends if Orlando is looking to get rid of Big Baby's contract, the Pacers get a young power forward replacement for West and the shooter that can also move well without the ball that can also pass it.

pacer4ever
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I think we should wait till the new era the team just reached actually fails from a player perspective. We are just now starting to find out what kind of team and coach we have, and 10-11 games in we are going to punt? And to get what?

The investment in Roy and George was about "these 5 can win a ton of games, this is our now and next 3-4 years for sure". You don't bail on that after a month because bailing on that meant you are going into rebuild immediately after leaving rebuild.

Enough with chasing the next shiny object. The team is struggling but it's doing so with 4-5 guys playing at their lowest statistical output ever. How would swapping them for another guy who will then see his production drop to its lowest ever fix anything?

The grass is not greener next door, its an illusion. The talent you could trade for is going to look similar to the talent we have. No one is trading a 3pt ace that plays defense for a non-3pt ace that plays defense.

If you wanted to deal Roy, West or Hill then last April was the time to do it. But of course back then no one wanted to trade them because the team was winning...exactly the reason they had market value.

I wanted to trade Roy even before then and not pay him.(the summer of the lockout that draft night would of been the best time IMO) I have been preaching that since it was clear he as gonna get way overpaid on the market. I almost got slapped at the PD party for saying it :D.

Also Granger I would of shopped a long time ago. We dont have the team to compete and we cant get their with Hibbert and Granger as your best and highest paid guys.

Everyone knows my stance on Hill I hated that trade to begin with. West I would love to keep but there is no reason we wont be contenders in the next few years if you can gather assets for him I would do it.

Like I stated in my retooling thread we we should of used that method when Rasho and TJ was expiring and especially for Dunleavy. In a small market that is a really good method to gather asset while using cap space for the rebuild. We aren't gonna lure free agents we should use other teams bad contracts to our advantage in a rebuild.

We took short cuts in the rebuilding process and we will pay the price in the long run I dont see us getting out of the 1st rd with this core. (Last year doesn't count Dhoward was out)

vnzla81
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM

This team has been playing together for a while now, let's stop acting like they just build this team and coaching staff, they are almost the same people and players from last year and the year before.

Since86
11-20-2012, 12:23 PM
This team has been playing together for a while now, let's stop acting like they just build this team and coaching staff, they are almost the same people and players from last year and the year before.

Out of the 10 players the Pacers play in their rotation, 4 of them played last year. That's over half your roster has being either 100% brand new, or being asked to play meaningful minutes for the very first time.

bunt
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM

lol. Just minus Danny Granger, their leading scorer and arguably their best player. But yeah you're right, they're almost the same people from years before...

And as Since86 pointed out, the completely revamped bench. But again, lets get in your world where somehow that makes them almost the exact same team from the past TWO years...

Pacer Fan
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Out of the 10 players the Pacers play in their rotation, 5 of them played last year. That's half your roster has being either 100% brand new, or being asked to play meaningful minutes for the very first time.

Fixed

Hibbert, West, George, Hill, Hansbrough = 5
Mahimni, Young, Stephenson, Green, Augustin = 5

Pacers have 8 players that returned and added 7 new players.

Since86
11-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I forgot about Tyler.

vnzla81
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Out of the 10 players the Pacers play in their rotation, 4 of them played last year. That's over half your roster has being either 100% brand new, or being asked to play meaningful minutes for the very first time.

They still have 8 players from last year back and 4 of them are starters is not like they have a brand new roaster and coaching staff either.

edit: I also know you like to argue semantics but I don't feel like doing it today either.

Since86
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
When you have to include Pendergraph into your point to show how the team has continuity, then you should stop and actually think about what you're saying.

HOOPFANATIC
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I know I'm going to get killed for this one but I would love to see the Pacers go after Al Harrington; "bring back baby Al!"I read George Karl hated to lose him because he was such a good leader in the lockeroom. I know he has a huge contract and he still has about two or three years left on it, but he's a guy that can play the 3&4,which we need, and he is a guy that can knock down his open shots. He is also a veteran who's logged a lot of playoff minutes.

Hicks
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I would be embarrassed to be linked to McCants cant get much lower than that. I would have to question the FO in a major way if Stein's source is true.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't recall the specifics, but I know I recall associating his name with "red flag(s)".

QuickRelease
11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Why we weren't hot on the trail of Livingston or a similar legit, veteran point guard for our third guard position is beyond me. What is Sudiata Gaines up to? I'd bring him back, try to start him, and move Hill to the 2. Or, worst case, give him a shot as the back up point. At least he could play D.

Cannot understand what the idea with Ben Hansbrough was. Great story and so forth, but you need a 3rd pg who you can actually go to if the situation arises. Hansbrough is unproven as an NBA talent.

Of course, giving Lance the keys as the backup pg right now would be preferable to what Agustin's giving us. He's obviously a complete bust to this point, and we didn't cover our assess by at least having another emergency option with some experience behind him. Not to mention the whole issue the Hill isn't really a point guard, which means we basically don't have a true point option period. Brilliant!If the state of your 3rd PG is the story of your team, you're probably having a rough start to the season.

imawhat
11-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I can't recall the specifics, but I know I recall associating his name with "red flag(s)".

The biggest red flag is that he can't play.

This has to be a fib from his agent. He's barely good enough for the D-League. p4e is right. If true we should really be concerned about our front office.

Peck
11-20-2012, 03:49 PM
The biggest red flag is that he can't play.

This has to be a fib from his agent. He's barely good enough for the D-League. p4e is right. If true we should really be concerned about our front office.

:ding:

imawhat
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I wanted to trade Roy even before then and not pay him.(the summer of the lockout that draft night would of been the best time IMO) I have been preaching that since it was clear he as gonna get way overpaid on the market. I almost got slapped at the PD party for saying it :D.

Also Granger I would of shopped a long time ago. We dont have the team to compete and we cant get their with Hibbert and Granger as your best and highest paid guys.

Everyone knows my stance on Hill I hated that trade to begin with. West I would love to keep but there is no reason we wont be contenders in the next few years if you can gather assets for him I would do it.

Like I stated in my retooling thread we we should of used that method when Rasho and TJ was expiring and especially for Dunleavy. In a small market that is a really good method to gather asset while using cap space for the rebuild. We aren't gonna lure free agents we should use other teams bad contracts to our advantage in a rebuild.

We took short cuts in the rebuilding process and we will pay the price in the long run I dont see us getting out of the 1st rd with this core. (Last year doesn't count Dhoward was out)

I'm 50/50 on your strategy, which on paper makes the most sense.

The flip side to your strategy is that, as a small market team, you have to do things that promote morale and make your location as attractive as possible in case there are any David Wests out there that don't need to be in a big market when thinking about where to sign. You can't just make a bunch of moves where players are treated like commodities and are constantly flipped for peak value.

In other words, having the reputation of not caring about your players can affect players' performances, and in addition to that, you basically rid yourself of any chance to sign David Wests. We can no longer be the highest sole bidder on a free agent due to the new CBA, so we'd have to win a free agent with intangibles. It is a profession but players are human and have feelings.

And as much as I also disagree with it, that is why we 100% had to sign Roy after last season's trade deadline passed. And it's also why I'm fully disappointed in Roy for putting us in a position to sign him to a deal he didn't deserve while taking a toll on our flexibility.

DGPR
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Well apparently Walsh was interested in McCants for the 2005 draft but instead we wound up with a certain small-forward.

Dece
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm tired of people claiming we had to sign Hibbert to that ridiculous deal. Hibbert is worth 8-10M, not 13-15M per. We didn't HAVE to do anything and pretending we had to is a lazy answer to justify a bad choice. Overpaying someone by 5M a year is how you stay irrelevant to title talk.

CableKC
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I forgot about Tyler.
That's OK....he's forgettable at times.

Doddage
11-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm tired of people claiming we had to sign Hibbert to that ridiculous deal. Hibbert is worth 8-10M, not 13-15M per. We didn't HAVE to do anything and pretending we had to is a lazy answer to justify a bad choice. Overpaying someone by 5M a year is how you stay irrelevant to title talk.
It'd be a waste of an asset and all the development and time that was put into Roy. I don't agree with the contract either, but there will be a time when Roy's value increases and at that point we can/should look into trades. At least that way we can say that our investment was a success.

OlBlu
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM

And just who would you sign to replace him? You do realize that you would have to over pay the same amount to anyone else? How does that make you competitive? :cool:

OlBlu
11-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I know I'm going to get killed for this one but I would love to see the Pacers go after Al Harrington; "bring back baby Al!"I read George Karl hated to lose him because he was such a good leader in the lockeroom. I know he has a huge contract and he still has about two or three years left on it, but he's a guy that can play the 3&4,which we need, and he is a guy that can knock down his open shots. He is also a veteran who's logged a lot of playoff minutes.

He also can't or won't defend and he is WAY overpaid for what he is.....:cool:

diamonddave00
11-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Roy's contract will never be easy to move. It only goes up from here and his plateau is 14 ppg 9 rpg the 3 remaining years totaling 45 mil is an albatross to the franchise. Perhaps in 3 years when its an expiring it will have value but until then the Pacers will pay a max contract to a slightly above league average , inconsistant center.

Hicks
11-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Centers are ridiculously overpriced. It is what it is.

MillerTime
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
he signed with Toronto

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224733/Raptors_Reach_Agreement_With_Mickael_Pietrus_McGui re_Waived

docpaul
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Roy's contract will never be easy to move. It only goes up from here and his plateau is 14 ppg 9 rpg the 3 remaining years totaling 45 mil is an albatross to the franchise. Perhaps in 3 years when its an expiring it will have value but until then the Pacers will pay a max contract to a slightly above league average , inconsistant center.

Based on some of the data we're coming up with on another thread, a big part of our defensive prowess looks to be the fact that we're keeping people from getting off shots in the paint. In fact, our opponents shoot a disproportionally high % of shots from 16-23 feet out.

Hibbert is a big, big part of that... so this must be taken into account when looking at his value.

Ace E.Anderson
11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
he signed with Toronto

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224733/Raptors_Reach_Agreement_With_Mickael_Pietrus_McGui re_Waived

Damnit

naptownmenace
11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I read that Derek Fisher and Micheal Finley are looking to sign with a team. Fisher said he has offers from 3 teams. Think one of them could be the Pacers?

Finley is probably looking at Stackhouse in Brooklyn and thinking, I can do that!

LetsTalkPacers84
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
No

DGPR
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Stackhouse, Sheed, and Finley? Who's next.....Damon Stoudamire? Travis Best!