PDA

View Full Version : Pacers coach Frank Vogel's challenge now is to convince team they're still elite(Wells)

vnzla81
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

ATLANTA -- Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel is supposed to be past the point of having to motivate his players and making sure they know they can be a successful team.

This year is supposed to be about building off last season's success and pushing to take another step forward for the franchise. Instead, just four games into the young season, Vogel is already having to convince his players that they still have what it takes to be a top-level unit as they play at Atlanta Wednesday night.

Somebody should go tell the Pacers players that it has only been 4 games.............

CreekShow
11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

Somebody should go tell the Pacers players that it has only been 4 games.............

I know youre trying to be funny or whatever you may call it, but youre actually right also. Someone should tell them that.

boombaby1987
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Mike Wells is such a horrible beat writer.

joew8302
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Mike Wells is such a horrible beat writer.

How is this on Wells? If he is reporting what is accurate then he is doing his job. Get mad at the Pacers for a slow start, or possibly Vogel for overreacting, but don't kill the messanger.

boombaby1987
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I was just analyzing how poorly all of his writing is written. Awkwardly worded, some things don't make sense. Not to mention, when is the last time that Wells broke a significant story?

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Wells: Paul George, the stage is his to shine and be the team’s best all-around player. He has to play like he did in Dallas last season when he dominated the game on both ends of the court.

IIRC, in that game PG simply got lightning hot from three, which statistically is going to happen once in a blue moon. He did not exhibit a collection of dependable moves or a midrange game that might speak of being able to score like that on a regular basis.

I'm not hating. I'm just saying that the Dallas game was more of a fluke than a precursor. jmo.

gummy
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
IIRC, in that game PG simply got lightning hot from three, which statistically is going to happen once in a blue moon. He did not exhibit a collection of dependable moves or a midrange game that might speak of being able to score like that on a regular basis.

I'm not hating. I'm just saying that the Dallas game was more of a fluke than a precursor. jmo.

You're absolutely right. Which goes back to the earlier comment about Wells being a bad writer. I think it's partly because he understands basketball on a casual fan/mostly superficial level. That's frustrating from a guy whose job it is to cover professional basketball. He says things that just feed into unrealistic expectations.

And Danny is going to be out 3 months. Of course that is going to shake their confidence.

rexnom
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

I mean, he got hot but that also gave him confidence, which caused him to do all kinds of things he usually doesn't offensively.

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I mean, he got hot but that also gave him confidence, which caused him to do all kinds of things he usually doesn't offensively.

Really? I just remember threes.

docpaul
11-07-2012, 04:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jm3wjIbyXo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trader Joe
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jm3wjIbyXo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

You know what I noticed the most about these highlights? The fact that Danny's guy (usually Shawn Marion) is never helping on anyone regardless of the situation. That is our biggest loss right now. Even when Danny was struggling, people were scared of him. He had that I can explode for 8 3s at any moment vibe that no one else on the team has. We saw it in Minnesota last year.

docpaul
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Really? I just remember threes.

Paul George scored career high 30 points against Mavericks to lead Pacers to a win. He also had 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals and 1 block in 41 minutes. He was shooting 11-19 from the field and 7-11 from 3 point range. Indiana Pacers won the game 98-87.

McKeyFan
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul George scored career high 30 points against Mavericks to lead Pacers to a win. He also had 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals and 1 block in 41 minutes. He was shooting 11-19 from the field and 7-11 from 3 point range. Indiana Pacers won the game 98-87.

I just watched the highlight reel. Threes and fast breaks.