PDA

View Full Version : is this team overrated?

adamscb
11-03-2012, 09:23 PM
three games into the season, and three close games against below-average teams. is this pacers team overrated? or have we just not hit our stride yet? for all the hype that's been going on, i really hope it's the latter.

Hypnotiq
11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
We just miss Granger he is the best player on this team by a country mile.

nobody else can score

cgg
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Danny Granger? Remember him?

adamscb
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
i thought we didn't rely so much on one player? i mean come on, we're talking about the bobcats and the kings here. with our future all-star, $40 million point guard, and max-contract center, we shouldn't be having problems with these teams.

BlueNGold
11-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Granger is the best shooter on the team. He always demands the best defender. Now that guy is guarding Paul and the defense is not as taxed. Also, Gerald really had a couple poor games that just made it that much worse.

At this time of the year, teams are playing ugly ball as well.

Mad-Mad-Mario
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
We are 2-1 with what 2 road games, and without our best player. One more basket and we are 3-0. Quit having such a knee jerk reaction. Call me if they are struggling in March

chungyus
11-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I think we're overrated. We were the big surprise last season and this year people are just projecting based on the surprise we caught them last season. Look how easily Mavs broke down bobcats "college scheme" zone and pressure defense which took us forever and still couldn't figure out last night. We have some good new addition to this team, but overall we're just not well-coached and don't have the basketball IQ and good scheme necessary to win at the next level. It's not like I don't like this team, just sometimes we need to be realistic.

InYaFace
11-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Are the Lakers overrated after losing 3 straight? Are the Celtics overrated after 2 losses and one close W against the WIzards? Are the Nuggets overrated cause they lost 3 straight?

I will answer you this when we are 3 month into the season ;).

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!!!

vnzla81
11-03-2012, 10:47 PM
So I guess this is the official knee jerk reaction thread.

pacers74
11-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I agree about Danny being out. People act like we should just go on like we don't need him at all. He makes a huge difference. We go from a top 3 seed to a 6-8 without Danny.

daschysta
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
San Antonio nearly lost to New Orleans, Los Angeles is 0-3, Denver is 0-3 and got blown out by the Magic, Boston lost to Milwaukee at home by 11 and just squeaked barely by Washington...

Way too early to say anything, and we're adjusting to not having Danny for a while, who is our best scorer.

It's way to early to make any real determination about any team.

BobbyMac
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM
<sigh> I sure am glad I never had to work for many of you. The team is 2-1 after playing 2 games on the road, without their best player. I realize that math has changed since I was in school but I believe that works out to 54 - 27 for the year (with the odd game left out). I'm believe I'd be happy with that. Good teams win games, close games, blowout's alike. All the games have been exciting, as a basketball fan I can ask for no more.

Ace E.Anderson
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
ALL teams have looked sloppy this far into the season--even the Heat at various times. If any other team loses it's best player/perimeter scoring threat literally a day before the season, I'm sure there'd be an adjustment period. We are no exception

MaHa3000
11-04-2012, 12:27 AM
With all due respect.......too early for this thread.

MaHa3000
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
One more thing, this is PD. and I'd personally would like threads started with a little more swagger, if you will. Most that read this forum have had a good many years of following the NBA and Its common knowledge that teams with new players take time to find their way. So, "Is this team overrated", three games into the season, is kind of sad too read in a forum that I have so much respect and regard for.

All that I'm saying is think before you click the new thread button.

But it's a free world, do as you wish.

cdash
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Nah. They have played like absolute **** through 3 games against sub-par competition (understatement), and are still 2-1. Good teams find ways to win games. We aren't winning style points here, but we have found a way to win 2 of 3 games with a bullseye on our back. Hope springs eternal early in the the season--bad teams don't roll over this early. Good teams are still finding themselves. The first 10-15 games of the NBA season are the great equalizer.

mitchbr
11-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Too early to tell, but Granger's absence hasn't helped so far, guys have struggled (namely Green), and I feel like the absence of Dahntay Jones and DC haven't helped the defense. The second unit looks less comfortable than last season's. Given they've been together for only 8 games, but the team as whole has yet to fully gel. No need to panic, and I don't care who you play, there's no such thing as a bad win. I'm more than okay with 60 nail biting wins and a number 2 seed

Sookie
11-04-2012, 12:49 AM
we probably have to see what this team looks like with our best player before deciding that..

Miller_time04
11-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I hate threads like this. Makes me want to stab my eyes out.

rm1369
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I've never really bought into the way this team is constructed. I've previously used the term "fools gold" to describe it and was very critical of the GH re-signing (among other things). However, even I think it's way too early to make any statements about this team based on the first few games of the season. A one week snapshot of the league means very little - especially the first week. I've seen a few things that even make me feel a little better about the future - mainly LS appearing to show he belongs on the court and maybe even having matured (Being a peace maker with the refs? Really? Who would have expected that?)

I will say that anyone that blames the teams play on missing DG should be very concerned about the way they have played. If you really believe that DG takes this team from top 2-3 in the east (and a supposed tough out for Miami) to scratching for an 8th seed (that's the way they've looked) then you should be concerned about the teams future. DG is not a star. He can't create. He's a volume scorer, who plays good D when he wants to. Good player, but not much more. He would be the 3rd option on a really good (truly contending) team, IMO. If losing him drops the team that much, then the deep, non star driven team I've been told they are building is a mirage. It would show how truly desperate this team is for difference makers and how mediocre (IMO often a synonym for deep) this team is. Now, I don't believe DG is the reason for the slow start and I think the first 10 games of the season mean very little. So, I'm not ready to start panicking yet.

Eleazar
11-04-2012, 02:55 AM
I've never really bought into the way this team is constructed. I've previously used the term "fools gold" to describe it and was very critical of the GH re-signing (among other things). However, even I think it's way too early to make any statements about this team based on the first few games of the season. A one week snapshot of the league means very little - especially the first week. I've seen a few things that even make me feel a little better about the future - mainly LS appearing to show he belongs on the court and maybe even having matured (Being a peace maker with the refs? Really? Who would have expected that?)

I will say that anyone that blames the teams play on missing DG should be very concerned about the way they have played. If you really believe that DG takes this team from top 2-3 in the east (and a supposed tough out for Miami) to scratching for an 8th seed (that's the way they've looked) then you should be concerned about the teams future. DG is not a star. He can't create. He's a volume scorer, who plays good D when he wants to. Good player, but not much more. He would be the 3rd option on a really good (truly contending) team, IMO. If losing him drops the team that much, then the deep, non star driven team I've been told they are building is a mirage. It would show how truly desperate this team is for difference makers and how mediocre (IMO often a synonym for deep) this team is. Now, I don't believe DG is the reason for the slow start and I think the first 10 games of the season mean very little. So, I'm not ready to start panicking yet.

Do not underestimate how big of a difference missing your best player can make. This isn't high school, the margin for error at the pro level is extremely small. Don't underestimate how much difference missing your star player can be. Just look at the Cavs after losing LeBron, they go from best record to one of the worst, or in another sport the Colts who is a team infinitely more talented than that Cavs team go from a top team with Manning to the worst team in the league without him. Granger isn't LeBron or Manning, so the Pacers aren't suddenly the worst team in the league, but it is enough of a difference to go from easily handling a bad team to winning a tough game against a bad team.

Wage
11-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Magic 8 Ball says: "Check back later."

xtacy
11-04-2012, 06:44 AM
i thought we didn't rely so much on one player? i mean come on, we're talking about the bobcats and the kings here. with our future all-star, $40 million point guard, and max-contract center, we shouldn't be having problems with these teams.

this. our problem is way bigger than the absence of danny. we have no offensive plan.

OlBlu
11-04-2012, 08:46 AM
three games into the season, and three close games against below-average teams. is this pacers team overrated? or have we just not hit our stride yet? for all the hype that's been going on, i really hope it's the latter.

They are overrated a bit because they didn't improve much in the off season. The players they added were only slightly better than the players who left. Other teams in the east made big additions to their starting lineups so I looked for the Pacers to move back to fourth or fifth in the east. That said, they are 2-1 with a road win playing without their best offensive player, Danny Granger. They need some time to meld all of these new players into a cohesive unit. Lance is playing great. Do you suppose that Larry Bird is smiling about that? :cool:

rm1369
11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Do not underestimate how big of a difference missing your best player can make. This isn't high school, the margin for error at the pro level is extremely small. Don't underestimate how much difference missing your star player can be. Just look at the Cavs after losing LeBron, they go from best record to one of the worst, or in another sport the Colts who is a team infinitely more talented than that Cavs team go from a top team with Manning to the worst team in the league without him. Granger isn't LeBron or Manning, so the Pacers aren't suddenly the worst team in the league, but it is enough of a difference to go from easily handling a bad team to winning a tough game against a bad team.

I stand by my statement. If you are correct, then it just further validates my belief that this team isn't near being a true contender. DG is not much, if any, better than Hibbert or West. There is nothing in DG's game that makes others better - he's not a facilitator. If this team is going to struggle this bad with any of its above average players missing, then it truly is fools gold. Remember the writer that predicted the Pacers to finish 8th because they wouldn't have the same level of health as last year? It sounds like you are telling me he is right. Aparently this isn't a deep balanced team - it's a fragile team that needs everything to go right. Its a team who's best player is Danny Granger. That doesn't make me feel better about where the teams is.

vnzla81
11-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I stand by my statement. If you are correct, then it just further validates my belief that this team isn't near being a true contender. DG is not much, if any, better than Hibbert or West. There is nothing in DG's game that makes others better - he's not a facilitator. If this team is going to struggle this bad with any of its above average players missing, then it truly is fools gold. Remember the writer that predicted the Pacers to finish 8th because they wouldn't have the same level of health as last year? It sounds like you are telling me he is right. Aparently this isn't a deep balanced team - it's a fragile team that needs everything to go right. Its a team who's best player is Danny Granger. That doesn't make me feel better about where the teams is.

There is not doubt that this team is fragile, they need a lot of things to go their way, that's why I never bought that they are contenders.

LetsTalkPacers84
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
if we are, then the Lakers definitely are.

OlBlu
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
if we are, then the Lakers definitely are.

There is a big difference. The Lakers are working in new starters and a new offense......There should have been stability in Pacer land. I think the Pacers will bounce back and I still think the Lakers are the best team in the west and the record will show that at the end of the year....:cool: ...

11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Danny Granger is underrated. There are those members of this forum that dispute this claim; however it is true. Danny Granger is the emotive leader of the Pacers. For those who think he can be dismissed, you are wrong. The evidence is mounting. Get well soon thirty-three, your team is waiting.

11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
There is not doubt that this team is fragile, they need a lot of things to go their way, that's why I never bought that they are contenders.

Blah. This team has a championship ceiling, when Granger returns and when he returns to basketball shape the Pacers will pack a punch. Patience is a virtue.

Eleazar
11-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Every contender is one injury away from not being a contender.

vnzla81
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Every contender is one injury away from not being a contender.

Miami disagrees with this.

cgg
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Miami disagree with that.

Not ANY injury.

11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Whatever. They were finished without Bosh.

OlBlu
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Whatever. They were finished without Bosh.

They didn't have any trouble hammering the Pacers without Bosh....:cool:

We cannot lose Hibbert or Granger and contend.

cgg
They didn't have any trouble hammering the Pacers without Bosh....:cool:

They were having trouble until we got our own injury.

11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
They would not have won the title.

cgg
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
We cannot lose Hibbert or Granger and contend.

I don't think we could lose any starter and still hope to contend.

J7F
11-04-2012, 01:34 PM
There is a big difference. The Lakers are working in new starters and a new offense......There should have been stability in Pacer land. I think the Pacers will bounce back and I still think the Lakers are the best team in the west and the record will show that at the end of the year....:cool: ...

Our stability was taken away with the loss of Granger and Hill not getting any preseason burn... Not a big deal... This would happen to any team in the NBA if these things happened to their best player and their starting PG...

I definitely agree that it is too early to tell if we are overrated or not... This time of year the scrub teams still haven't had their hearts ripped out of their chests and thus play much more intently... And the good teams are still working out some kinks... We'll see the playing field level out over the next couple of weeks...

But come on guys... We are 2-1... And if we make just 2 more FTs in game 2 we are 3-0... Without our best player... We still IMO have a shot at a top 4 spot even without Danny... Because yes, Blu, our strength lies in numbers... One man down is not the end of the world... Even if he's our best man... And I do like that about our team... The superstar teams cannot say the same... OKC loses Durant... Bad news... Miami loses LeBron... Bad news... Clippers lose CP3... Bad news... And so on and so on... Indiana loses Danny... Bump in the road...

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend - (Not directed at you Blu... But all the nervous Nellie's on PD)

Eleazar
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM

When did LeBron not play in the playoffs?

J7F
11-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Please...

Take out LeBron and Miami is nothing special... LeBron covers up a lot of problems on that roster... Without him they are MUCH worse defensively and their lack of size becomes a major problem...

Sookie
11-04-2012, 01:43 PM

How are the Pacers stable? They didn't have their starting point guard for all of camp and don't have their best player right now.

vnzla81
11-04-2012, 03:51 PM
When did LeBron not play in the playoffs?

Please...

Take out LeBron and Miami is nothing special... LeBron covers up a lot of problems on that roster... Without him they are MUCH worse defensively and their lack of size becomes a major problem...

Danny Granger is not Lebron huge difference, by the way we are the people that believe that Green can replace Danny "just fine"?

Eleazar
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Danny Granger is not Lebron huge difference, by the way we are the people that believe that Green can replace Danny "just fine"?

Yes, I said that in my original post, that is no revelation. That does not negate that Danny and LeBron are peers. They are both the best player on their teams. That is what the comparison is about. It isn't about comparing the best players skill, it is about comparing their importance to the team.

vnzla81
11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Yes, I said that in my original post, that is no revelation. That does not negate that Danny and LeBron are peers. They are both the best player on their teams. That is what the comparison is about. It isn't about comparing the best players skill, it is about comparing their importance to the team.

The most important Pacers on the team is Roy no Danny, Danny is also a pretty good INDIVIDUAL player he doesn't make his teammates better like Lebron, so missing Danny for the Pacers is not as big a losing Lebron in Miami.

ilive4sports
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Danny absolutely makes his teammates better. He opens the court for them with his shooting, he commands the best wing defender which frees up PG. He's probably our best player at passing it into the post, making better opportunities for West and Hibbert.

Trophy
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Time to hit the panic button after three games and having a record of 2-1!

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1308421895539906.gif

mildlysane
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM

...and 1 last second shot from being 3-0. With several of the "top tier" teams with similar or worse records, it is silly that this thread exists. But this is PD, and we do love a good argument...

xIndyFan
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
. . . I will say that anyone that blames the teams play on missing DG should be very concerned about the way they have played. If you really believe that DG takes this team from top 2-3 in the east (and a supposed tough out for Miami) to scratching for an 8th seed (that's the way they've looked) then you should be concerned about the teams future. DG is not a star. He can't create. He's a volume scorer, who plays good D when he wants to. Good player, but not much more. He would be the 3rd option on a really good (truly contending) team, IMO. If losing him drops the team that much, then the deep, non star driven team I've been told they are building is a mirage. It would show how truly desperate this team is for difference makers and how mediocre (IMO often a synonym for deep) this team is. Now, I don't believe DG is the reason for the slow start and I think the first 10 games of the season mean very little. So, I'm not ready to start panicking yet.

Sorry your analysis doesn't make sense to me. If Danny's absence is the reason they suck, then Danny has to be a better player than you say. If Danny sucks, then the team should still be good without him. You can't have it both ways. That would seem to be a logical fallacy. It probably has a Latin name of some kind.

JMO, but it appears that Danny is a much better player than he's being given credit for.

xtacy
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM

you seriously say that. we played like total **** against ****** teams. two of those teams are among the worst in the league. tell me would it surprise you that we were 0-3 right now? what would a good team do to us if we play like this?

we were talking about ECF a couple days ago. do you believe even just a bit that it is possible with the way we play right now even when danny returns? sorry but i don't. we have no offensive plan. period. our offense is just painful to watch.

look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.

Sandman21
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
look i'm not saying lets overreact like crazy but this "everything is good" attitude on this board is just ridiculous imo.
Your overreacting like crazy.....

Eleazar
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM

We must be reading different boards.

Cousy47
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
If we are overrated by some because we are 2-1 with every lower ranked, non starred loaded team gunning for us, what does that make the Heat? 2-1 with a 20 point Blowout lose to the PKnicks? I say, give it a little more time before we panic. No the new team is not very impressive without Danny, and no, we may not get as good as we were last year, but we have some pieces in place to build on in the future. If we can get 20 games from the 2nd unit like we got at Cha., we are going to be a tough out for most of the teams we see in the East.

Ace E.Anderson
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
you seriously say that. we played like total **** against ****** teams. two of those teams are among the worst in the league. tell me would it surprise you that we were 0-3 right now? what would a good team do to us if we play like this?

we were talking about ECF a couple days ago. do you believe even just a bit that it is possible with the way we play right now even when danny returns? sorry but i don't. we have no offensive plan. period. our offense is just painful to watch.

I don't think ANYBODY thinks everything is good. But the fact that every good to elite team has either lost a game, or looked bad at times as well showcases that the Pacers aren't near as fuc*** as some are making it seem. Is anyone saying BOS, LA, MIA, DEN, MEM are screwed? No. And those teams are healthy, meanwhile we are working our starting PG back into the rotation, incorporating a new SF into the starting 5 and dealing with the loss of our best scorer.

If any of the teams I mentioned before lost their best scorer, I'm sure they'd struggle a bit while trying to adjust. No I'm not happy with how we are playing, and yes I want to see some improvement ASAP but I'm not looking to be overly concerned after 3 games--where we won 2 of them.

ilive4sports
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM

do you believe any team will be playing like they are in the first three games of the season at the end of the season? There are 79 games to go. If the Pacers are in trouble, the Lakers are completely ****ed.

Yes the team needs to play better. Do i think we wont make the ECF because of how we played this week? I don't care how we played this week. I think an entire season is much more indicative than what we saw this week.

rm1369
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry your analysis doesn't make sense to me. If Danny's absence is the reason they suck, then Danny has to be a better player than you say. If Danny sucks, then the team should still be good without him. You can't have it both ways. That would seem to be a logical fallacy. It probably has a Latin name of some kind.

JMO, but it appears that Danny is a much better player than he's being given credit for.

I believe DG is an above average player and not the reason they are struggling. I said that those that believe he is the reason should be concerned. My overall point is that DG is not a great player and is only marginally (if at all) better than Hibbert, West or even PG. If the team looks this bad because it misses DG, then what about when Hibbert, West, or PG are out? I could understand if we were missing a point guard or a distributor, but that certainly doesnt describe DG. He's a volume scorer. IMO, when you tell me the team is playing poorly because they are missing DG you are telling me that this team must have everything go right to be good. Remember the espn analyst that predicted the colts to finish 8th in the east (IIRC) because they wouldnt be as amazingly healthy as last year? You are basically agreeing with that guy.

For the record, I said the start means very little and I believe this thread is an overreaction. I just dont want to hear that DG is the difference when I've constantly been told that we are building a starless team that doesnt depend on any one player. Now what I'm hearing is that is BS and the reality is that we have a starless team that depends on every player.

chungyus
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point. I thought this thread's called "is this team overrated"? So if we're answering this question, of course this team is overrated! There's no way this team will finish with the second best record in East even if they have danny back the next game till the end of the season. And you can definitely see that through the first few games! Result (2-1 or 3-0 or 0-3)is never the point, how this team's composed and playing is the point. They can lose all three but you can see what they're going to achieve. There's totally no solid scheme or basketball IQ in this team. Again this is me not being able to bear those unrealistically optimistic posts and trying to be realistic and I'll still be supporting this team as much.

cgg
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Last year we lost to the Kings, Cavs, and Nets. If we have to face the Kings in the finals we might have to start worrying.

Ace E.Anderson
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
OKC is 1-2. They're so overrated.

/green

Ace E.Anderson
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I believe DG is an above average player and not the reason they are struggling. I said that those that believe he is the reason should be concerned. My overall point is that DG is not a great player and is only marginally (if at all) better than Hibbert, West or even PG. If the team looks this bad because it misses DG, then what about when Hibbert, West, or PG are out? I could understand if we were missing a point guard or a distributor, but that certainly doesnt describe DG. He's a volume scorer. IMO, when you tell me the team is playing poorly because they are missing DG you are telling me that this team must have everything go right to be good. Remember the espn analyst that predicted the colts to finish 8th in the east (IIRC) because they wouldnt be as amazingly healthy as last year? You are basically agreeing with that guy.

For the record, I said the start means very little and I believe this thread is an overreaction. I just dont want to hear that DG is the difference when I've constantly been told that we are building a starless team that doesnt depend on any one player. Now what I'm hearing is that is BS and the reality is that we have a starless team that depends on every player.

But when you build a starless team, every member of that team is an important piece to the puzzle. We've seen crazy double and triple teams on Roy and West at times. Teams aren't coming off Danny if he's out there. Volume scorer or not, dude is a threat every night and will go off if you don't pay attention to him. With him out, that's one less threat a defense
Has to worry about.

If Danny never existed and this was the Pacer team, NOBODY would think they're top 3 in the East. But when you add someone who's a good perimeter scorer to this roster, it changes things a bit.

Naptown_Seth
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Your overreacting like crazy.....
You might be under-reacting to his overreaction. :D

I find this group of players to be the most exciting we've had since 2000, and that includes the monster defensive 61 win team. This team is going to put a big hurt on most team's FG% this year. Spurs vs Pacers over/under at 135 points maybe? ;)

Naptown_Seth
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
You keep running with this and WAAAY out of context, to no one's surprise.

The team just played 3 solid games without their #1 scorer. Remember when the Pacers won and won and won without Reggie, or how any team is a big favorite without the top scorer playing?

This team can take a hit just about anywhere for a reasonable amount of time and shake it off due to depth. Give the Heat and Pacers the same 5-6 lost games per starter and I think both handle it as well. They've shown they can play without any one starter for awhile.

AND THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THAT STARTER HAS NO VALUE (since you are just trying to twist this into Danny sucks). Danny is out there and drops 5 3s on the Roy triple team and that s*** ends ASAP.

No, I'm talking about weathering the regular season storm.

vnzla81
11-05-2012, 12:14 AM
You keep running with this and WAAAY out of context, to no one's surprise.

No really, it looks to me like you are the one doing it.

The team just played 3 solid games without their #1 scorer. Remember when the Pacers won and won and won without Reggie, or how any team is a big favorite without the top scorer playing?

3 solid games? :spitout: I really hope that was green.

This team can take a hit just about anywhere for a reasonable amount of time and shake it off due to depth. Give the Heat and Pacers the same 5-6 lost games per starter and I think both handle it as well. They've shown they can play without any one starter for awhile.

What depth? I have not seen it yet and when have the Pacers been able to show that they are able to play without their starter for a while?

AND THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SAYING THAT STARTER HAS NO VALUE (since you are just trying to twist this into Danny sucks). Danny is out there and drops 5 3s on the Roy triple team and that s*** ends ASAP.

Nope I'm not saying that Danny sucks I'm actually saying that he is a pretty good player and that this "depth" you are talking about is not enough to replace him.

ChicagoJ
11-05-2012, 12:27 AM
This is preposterous.

We're 2-1 while playing without our guy that takes the most shots. I wouldn't say he's our best player or best scorer, because Hibbert is our best player and David West is our best scorer. But let's face it, without Danny the rest of our wings don't exactly strike fear into the rest of the league. With Danny, our wings look much better. Hopefully this start gets us ready to use Danny as a third-option, which is what he's always been best suited to be.

After Danny is healthy for a while, if they're winning 2/3 of their games while playing more road games than home games, then let's NOT have this conversation.

ChicagoJ
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Now that I've read parts of the thread, it seems quite a few of you have forgotten that an important mark of a good team is winning games even when they don't play well. That's exactly what we're doing.

We're not going to sneak up on anybody this season. I don't care if this team can or can't win pretty, because they aren't going to get many opportunities to win pretty. I care that they can win ugly. With George Hill and David West on the court, I'm not particularly worried about our ability to make plays in the fourth quarter. And when Danny gets back, that "should" make it even easier for George and David to execute in close games in the fourth quarter.

LetsTalkPacers84
11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't think ANYBODY thinks everything is good. But the fact that every good to elite team has either lost a game, or looked bad at times as well showcases that the Pacers aren't near as fuc*** as some are making it seem. Is anyone saying BOS, LA, MIA, DEN, MEM are screwed? No. And those teams are healthy, meanwhile we are working our starting PG back into the rotation, incorporating a new SF into the starting 5 and dealing with the loss of our best scorer.

If any of the teams I mentioned before lost their best scorer, I'm sure they'd struggle a bit while trying to adjust. No I'm not happy with how we are playing, and yes I want to see some improvement ASAP but I'm not looking to be overly concerned after 3 games--where we won 2 of them.

All of this