PDA

View Full Version : TROY MURPHY TO REUNITE WITH THE LOVE OF HIS LIVE

vnzla81
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Free agent forward Troy Murphy has signed a one-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks, league source tells Y! Sports.

You know you miss him, specially Peck :)

Doddage
11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-aWj2_6EvAZU/TPpWqUgV8TI/AAAAAAAACW4/B2LvNRAmn74/JHP10_NBA_31976.JPG

vnzla81
11-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh damn I forgot that the clown of JOB is there too, now it makes more sense :laugh:

PacersFan1991
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Troy, Darren, Dahntay, JOB. Just call em Pacers south!

Hypnotiq
11-01-2012, 07:41 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP.

sportfireman
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
So reduced playing time for DC and D.Jones? Oh and when Dirk comes back......... IT'S ON!!!! Dirk and Troy together, move over LA and OKC, D town is back.

Heisenberg
11-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Dallas is a pretty big market, lot of spray tan customers there.

A Nets fan told me a story about Murphy coming into the Starbucks he worked at during the short time he was in Jersey. He'd get a coffee and just sit at a table. Any attractive girl that came in he'd introduce himself as "I'm Troy Murphy, I'm in the NBA." That was it. If she didn't start fawning it was onto the next. He sat there as long as it took.

Johanvil
11-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Match made in heaven those two.

TheDavisBrothers
11-01-2012, 08:35 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP.

Not just championship... DYNASTY

CJ Jones
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM

A Nets fan told me a story about Murphy coming into the Starbucks he worked at during the short time he was in Jersey. He'd get a coffee and just sit at a table. Any attractive girl that came in he'd introduce himself as "I'm Troy Murphy, I'm in the NBA." That was it. If she didn't start fawning it was onto the next. He sat there as long as it took.

I've seen him boozing and trying to pick up chicks at the Casba on several occasions.

edit: always during hip hop night too... lol. It's a basement club with about a 7ft ceiling so, obviously, he stood out.

pizza guy
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Troy, Darren, Dahntay, JOB. Just call em Pacers south!

I can just hear Rick Carlisle... "When I was in Indiana, we really had a team, man. Not like when you guys were there, jackin up any shot that came along. We tried to score fewer points, just to see how few we could get and still win. Those were the days... Oh! Hey, Jim. We were just talkin about your offense."

Troy should do really well there.

Sandman21
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Why am I not surprised?

(Me thinks JOB is planning a coupe de tat ;))

Pacers24Colts12
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
They do need a center

gummy
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
They do need a center

They still do. ;)

Brad8888
11-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Poor Rick. He will literally go insane due to the lack of fundamentals Dallas will have with trailing threes, dribble-drives and kickouts being the primary offensive plays installed by OB on both the starting 5 and the bench, too.

Rick may beg to come back here as an assistant when Shaw goes to the Lakers after Mike Brown can no longer handle the Kobe-Dwight ego struggle with Metta Whatshisname in the mix.

duke dynamite
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Chris Goff aka Pacers Chants is foaming at the mouth.

Unclebuck
11-02-2012, 06:50 AM
This reminds me where is Josh McRoberts playing this season? I honestly don't know.

Steagles
11-02-2012, 06:54 AM
This reminds me where is Josh McRoberts playing this season? I honestly don't know.

Orlando.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

hackashaq
11-02-2012, 06:58 AM
wait, if you weren't thinking of JOB when you made this thread, who did you mean then?

cgg
11-02-2012, 07:18 AM
He changed the thread title afterwards.

xtacy
11-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh damn I forgot that the clown of JOB is there too, now it makes more sense :laugh:

wait you didn't mean JOB at first place?

HickeyS2000
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM

http://www.filmcritic.com/assets_c/2010/02/The-Ladies-Man-thumb-560xauto-26044.gif?AMCN

"Can I buy you a fish sandwhich?"

Sparhawk
11-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Not just championship... DYNASTY

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's only a 1yr deal. :P

BillS
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
(Me thinks JOB is planning a coupe de tat

A car sporting ink? :zip:

Sandman21
11-02-2012, 08:45 AM
You know what I mean! :D

Heisenberg
11-02-2012, 08:46 AM
A car sporting ink? :zip:
You know Stephen Jackson has one

WhoLovesYaBaby?
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM

He's averaging a whopping 3ppg at 14mpg for the preseason. Looks like ORL plans to use him this year. LAL used him to run up and down the court last year maybe ORL will actually let him do something. He's a limited but decent player off the bench.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Good for Murphy. I'm glad he signed somewhere but here.

Sandman21
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

Mavs, I'm told, poised to waive Eddy Curry -- NOT Dominique Jones -- to make roster room for Troy Murphy
Retweeted 87 times
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Hmm... 7 foot tall stiff vs Turnstile Troy? Its like JOB is setting the groundwork for a power grab....

Phree Refill
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Not one. Not two. Not three or four or five. Not six. Not seven. At least 8 rebounds stolen from teammates every game.

Slick Pinkham
11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Stretch 4 Dirk, Troy
Stretch 3 Marion
Stretch coach JOB

Maybe the whole idea is...well...

a stretch.

pacergod2
11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Stretch 4 Dirk, Troy
Stretch 3 Marion
Stretch coach JOB

Maybe the whole idea is...well...

a stretch.

Who is their stretching coach anyway? That Physical Therapist needs a raise!

Sandman21
11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA

I talked with Mavs assistant coach Jim O'Brien today, and no one could be happier about the pending signing of Troy Murphy.

According to O'Brien, Murphy will undoubtedly help space the floor for the Mavs until the return of Dirk Nowitzki.

:lol:
.... THANK GOD ITS NOT US!

vnzla81
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM

I talked with Mavs assistant coach Jim O'Brien today, and no one could be happier about the pending signing of Troy Murphy.

According to O'Brien, Murphy will undoubtedly help space the floor for the Mavs until the return of Dirk Nowitzki.

:spitout:

BlueNGold
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
When is the last time the Mavs were sub .500?

The good news is that Dirk has a ring already.

TheDavisBrothers
11-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's only a 1yr deal. :P

Shoulda locked that beast up long term... He's the type of guy you build around

DangerGranger3pointranger
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I had no clue where he was playing. Thanks
Orlando.

gummy
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM

Space the floor! I know good spacing is important but damned if it doesn't sound bad coming from JOB.

:rotflmao:

cgg
11-04-2012, 03:02 AM

Is this real life?

BRushWithDeath
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Orlando.

I can't believe that team is 2-0. I really thought they'd be challenging the Bobcats record.

Cousy47
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
He's averaging a whopping 3ppg at 14mpg for the preseason. Looks like ORL plans to use him this year. LAL used him to run up and down the court last year maybe ORL will actually let him do something. He's a limited but decent player off the bench.
I never understood the hate Troy vibe from Pacers fans. He certainly didn't ask to be traded to Indiana. Murphy was what he hall coming off the rim?.ad always been, even in college, a good shooter, rebounder, decent short term handles and too slow and jump limited to be a really good defender. Pacer fans always want a Larry Bird with every draft and trade. Sorry, not many Birds on the market. Oh, and just how do you "steal" rebounds from your teammates? By getting position and having a nose for the ball.

pacersgroningen
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I never understood the hate Troy vibe from Pacers fans. He certainly didn't ask to be traded to Indiana. Murphy was what he hall coming off the rim?.ad always been, even in college, a good shooter, rebounder, decent short term handles and too slow and jump limited to be a really good defender. Pacer fans always want a Larry Bird with every draft and trade. Sorry, not many Birds on the market. Oh, and just how do you "steal" rebounds from your teammates? By getting position and having a nose for the ball.
The quote you used was about Mcroberts, not Murphy.

TheDavisBrothers
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM

The post you quoted was talking about Josh McRoberts not Murphy...
Murphy was the perfect player for JOB and almost everyone hates/hated JOB, so the hate spreads/spreaded to Troy...