Pacers get off to a good start and win easily over Raptors without Granger

MillerTime
10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Im going to the game tonight...

I will post pics some time this week!!

MillerTime
10-31-2012, 10:58 AM

from what I remember, the Pacers start the season off with a pretty relaxed schedule - hopefully we can win those games and get Granger back

BHenderson
10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Hopefully we start off the year with a W. I think we can.

Speed
10-31-2012, 11:39 AM
#1 thing I want to see tonight and until Granger comes back and beyond is..... Paul George getting to the line early and often.

Danny figured it out in year 4 and was right, Free throws are scoring gold. Paul can make it easier on himself and his team, but doing this single thing better, much better actually.

Getting to the line - lets your team collect itself to play defense, makes the oppenent less apt to try to be as aggressive in defending you, kills any momentum a home opponent might have, the list goes on.

Paul needs to find this out, hopefully soon.

He needs to watch Paul Pierce, young players have to realize this doesn't mean going to the basket with you head down out of control, but to be completely in control and clever with the situation. Maybe with PGs stronger handles this starts to happen. Its a huge deal, imo.

Since86
10-31-2012, 11:44 AM
from what I remember, the Pacers start the season off with a pretty relaxed schedule - hopefully we can win those games and get Granger back

Out of the first 15 games, 10 of them are on the road. But they do play Sac, Tor, Wash all twice in that span, along with NOLA, so that makes the schedule a bit easier.

Eddie Gill
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm hoping the Raptors are done experimenting with 3D graphics on the court. Those little Raptors graphics along the baselines are so distracting.

JB24
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM

I think the Pacers will win, but I think it'll be similar to the grind it out 5 points they had against the Raptors last season. Any team will be pumped for their (home) opener, and Lowry on Augustin/ Bargnani on West worries me.

Sparhawk
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm hoping the Raptors are done experimenting with 3D graphics on the court. Those little Raptors graphics along the baselines are so distracting.

I really like the 3D logo.

daschysta
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
I think the Pacers will win, but I think it'll be similar to the grind it out 5 points they had against the Raptors last season. Any team will be pumped for their (home) opener, and Lowry on Augustin/ Bargnani on West worries me.

I think Hill's going to play, Calderon isn't really a point guard that looks to attack and find his own shot, so hopefully DJ will be ok and press him on the offensive end.

PacersHomer
10-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Bargnani has the flu so that could keep him out or affect his play.

ECKrueger
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM

I think they're still there. They bug me too though.

Sandman21
10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
I really like the 3D logo.

Those graphics give me a headache.

Coopdog23
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Those graphics give me a headache.

It just makes me mad

Justin Tyme
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
I expect the Pacers to win, but IMO the players will have a ruff game of peaks and valleys not hitting on all cylinders as a team and as individuals.

GO PACERS!

Trader Joe
10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm hoping ATC continues to give us some good azz game threads this year.

Nuntius
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm excited about the first game of the season :D

Let's go, let's go!

The game will not be easy though. The Raptors are a better team this year. I believe that they can make a run for the 8th seed. Valanciunas is going to be a really impactful player.

pacers74
10-31-2012, 02:26 PM
This could be a pretty good Raptors team. Just look at their starting 5:

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Landry Fields
SF: DeMar DeRozan
PF: Andrea Bargnani
C: Jonas Valanciunas

They have a solid backcourt, solid forwards, and a rookie center who has played in Europe forever and should be pretty good. I think we should be able to push them around upfront Bargnani plays the typical eruo big man who likes to shoot it outside and Valanciunas probably hasn't adjusted to the NBA yet. I hope PG can keep DeRozan in check, because he could go off at anytime. I think Green should be able to guard Fields he is solid, but not too much of a threat. Luckly, G.Hill is a superb defender, because Lowry could go off if we had a weaker defender on him. I am liking our chances tonight, but it might be pretty close. Our second unit might be critical tonight as the Raptors second unit seems pretty weak.

Erndog
10-31-2012, 02:47 PM
This could be a pretty good Raptors team. Just look at their starting 5:

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Landry Fields
SF: DeMar DeRozan
PF: Andrea Bargnani
C: Jonas Valanciunas

They have a solid backcourt, solid forwards, and a rookie center who has played in Europe forever and should be pretty good. I think we should be able to push them around upfront Bargnani plays the typical eruo big man who likes to shoot it outside and Valanciunas probably hasn't adjusted to the NBA yet. I hope PG can keep DeRozan in check, because he could go off at anytime. I think Green should be able to guard Fields he is solid, but not too much of a threat. Luckly, G.Hill is a superb defender, because Lowry could go off if we had a weaker defender on him. I am liking our chances tonight, but it might be pretty close. Our second unit might be critical tonight as the Raptors second unit seems pretty weak.

Not sure that's true. Their second unit has a bunch of players who were starters for them last year. Jose Calderon and Amir Johnson. Not to mention Ed Davis looks pretty good and Kleiza can score. It's nothing special, but certainly not "weak."

Coopdog23
10-31-2012, 02:52 PM
What's good is that our bench players beat the Bucks' starting five in the 4th quarter of a preseason game. I know were not talking about the Raptors, but the team is still in good shape even without Granger at the moment

Nuntius
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
and Valanciunas probably hasn't adjusted to the NBA yet.

In the pre-season, Valanciunas seemed to have adjusted greatly in the defensive philosophy in the NBA.

pacers74
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
In the pre-season, Valanciunas seemed to have adjusted greatly in the defensive philosophy in the NBA.

That is not good news for us.

tomkat1971
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Watching the game live online from over here in the Philippines and Pacers are getting outhustled and outplayed by the Raptors early in the second half. Too many turnovers for the Pacers and Raptors appear to be playing at a higher level. But the game is still within reach so come on Pacers, pull this one out.