PDA

View Full Version : DC had a quality game tonight

mousewilliams999
10-31-2012, 12:09 AM
17 points on 8/12 shooting. Good for him.

Pace Maker
10-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah he had a nice game tonight, but then again I feel like AJ Price could have came in there and lit up Nash :P

Unclebuck
10-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Yes, I watched the first half and he looked good. I don't know of any Pacers fan who doesn't think DC is capable of playing well. I also believe that Rick Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA at putting players in the best position to succeed - he gets the most out of what a player can currently do

Handoverfist
10-31-2012, 07:23 AM
Jaw Crowder might turn out to be a decent player for the Mavs also.

billbradley
10-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes, I watched the first half and he looked good. I don't know of any Pacers fans who doesn't think DC is capable of playing well. I also believe that Rick Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA at putting players in the best position to succeed - he gets the most out of what a player can currently do

I like DC, but I enjoy watching him play for the Mavs much more. He played well, but what stuck out for me was his signature speed down the court fastbreak, outrun everyone only to turn it over by throwing the ball behind himself.

Eleazar
10-31-2012, 07:36 AM
We all knew he could score, it was his vision and ability to run an offense that we had problems with. The Mavs back-up PG had more assists in almost half the minutes as Collison.

Sparhawk
10-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Jaw Crowder might turn out to be a decent player for the Mavs also.

He was my first choice in the 2nd round. Really thought he would fit in well on the Pacers. Mavs got a really solid player.

Sparhawk
10-31-2012, 08:18 AM
AJ Price 2-13 shooting.

Some things just never change. He's just not a good shooter. However, he also doesn't turn the ball over, so that is nice. 6 dimes 1TO.

Wizards with Crawford and Price and Wall...worst shooting backcourt in the league. I don't think Beal will be that much better in his rookie year. They are gonna be awful.

Also, I saw the score 93-70ish and thought that was the final score of the Heat-Celts game...and it was only the end of the 3rd. Damn, Heat are gonna be unstoppable. Seriously. Ray Allen off the bench and a healthy Rashard Lewis...seems so unfair.

Coopdog23
10-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Pacers shouldn't have traded him. Biggest mistake so far

aamcguy
10-31-2012, 08:37 AM

Do you mean we should have kept him AND George Hill or that we should have let Hill go? Because we can't afford to pay for two point guards who are both technically starter quality, not when we have to look at contracts for Paul George, West, and Granger in the next couple years.

Eleazar
10-31-2012, 08:41 AM
AJ Price 2-13 shooting.

Why would a coach let Price shoot that much?!

Ace E.Anderson
10-31-2012, 09:14 AM
DC looked good, but it was against Steve "I can't guard anybody" Nash.

Also, DC was able to look to score a lot more than he would be able to here. A Mavs team without Dirk needs all the scoring they can get, so they'll put the ball in DC's hands to do a lot more of what he did yesterday.

Good for him, and the trade still looks like a win win.

DC goes to a team that fits his skill set a lot more, and the Pacers got Mahinmi while dumping D.Jones.

Erndog
10-31-2012, 09:46 AM

Too soon to make that call.

Need to see how Mahinmi plays and how the season plays out before passing that sort of judgement.

PacersHomer
10-31-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm happy for him. I liked him as a Pacer and I will like him as a Mav. I doubt there is anything he can do to make me start to dislike the trade as well. I think it's like the Leonard-Hill trade where both teams will be very happy with what they got.

Derek2k3
10-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Why would a coach let Price shoot that much?!

Wall is out with an injury, Nene is out.

Seriously, your lineup is featuring Chris Singleton, Jordan Crawford, Beal, and a bunch of other offensively challenged guy. Many of AJ's shots were late in the shotclock.

That Wizards teams sucks so hard. Beal may end up being ok, but without Wall they have no ability to get into the paint. It was tough to watch. On another note, Kyrie looks better than anyone could have guessed, pure domination.

Sparhawk
10-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Which team will be worse than the Wiz? I just don't see it at this point. Maybe Jordan's Kittens team.

Derek2k3
10-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Which team will be worse than the Wiz? I just don't see it at this point. Maybe Jordan's Kittens team.

Yeah, the Bobkittens are pretty terrible looking.

Unless the ridiculous expectations for MKG are met, they'll really struggle.

The Magic should be pretty worthless.

The Suns, without Nash making guys like Gortat look good, will likely struggle.

Regardless, smart money is probably on Washington or Charlotte to barely eek out 20 wins.

Sparhawk
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the Bobkittens are pretty terrible looking.

Unless the ridiculous expectations for MKG are met, they'll really struggle.

The Magic should be pretty worthless.

The Suns, without Nash making guys like Gortat look good, will likely struggle.

Regardless, smart money is probably on Washington or Charlotte to barely eek out 20 wins.

Almost forgot about the Magic. At least Jordan's Kitten's have the makings of a decent team.

If I was Wall, I'd want to get away from the Wiz. They aren't gonna be a playoff team for a long time.

MyFavMartin
10-31-2012, 10:30 AM

I actually like the Wiz. Especially if they're healthy... Wall, Beal, Ariza, Okafor, and Nene with Crawford, Singleton, and Webster off the bench.

Really?
10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
We all knew he could score, it was his vision and ability to run an offense that we had problems with. The Mavs back-up PG had more assists in almost half the minutes as Collison.

Thing was, DC looked good creating as well, although he may not have got the assist he was seeing open guys who were able to draw defenders and then get the assist, he played a really good game.

Eddie Gill
10-31-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm interested to see how much of a liability Nash turns out to be on defense. I know Dwight is phenomenal at protecting the rim, but can you imagine a seven game series with Nash guarding Rus Westbrook?

Naptown_Seth
10-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Trolling? Green?

The team really shouldn't have traded DC for Mahinmi, and not only that but it's something considered worse than the GSW trade, or the Harrington/Atlanta deal, or extending JOB, or ... when does "so far" actually start?

BillB nailed it. DC can score, but the fastbreak TO thing or just general court vision are problems. They have Hill, DJ is a better passing PG, and now Mahinmi is here to backup Roy and West. To me that deal was one of the BEST moves so far.

I'm glad DC went to a good situation. Nice kid, glad he spent time with the Pacers (ditto DJones). But the Pacers didn't make a bad move.

I love Price as a playmaker, and his AST to TO shows it. But for the love of all things NBA holy, why does he keep taking so many freaking shots. He's not a great shooter, so just throw a few out to keep 'em honest and that's it. 5-6 FGA a night for him as a starter should be the limit.

People overblow the "PG can't shoot is a disaster" angle. Price doesn't need to shoot to be effective, it would only serve to make him more effective and a higher paid PG. But if he continues to volume shoot at a low rate he won't hang in the league at all.

J7F
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I actually like the Wiz. Especially if they're healthy... Wall, Beal, Ariza, Okafor, and Nene with Crawford, Singleton, and Webster off the bench.

I personally see Orlando as the worst team in the league this year... With the kittens right behind them...

Coopdog23
10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
He's gonna make the Mavs really good

MyFavMartin
10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Price probably got stuck with the ball with the lack of options on the team currently. JCrawford isn't shy about putting up shots, but who else on that team that is healthy can create their own shot?

Okafor-no
Beal- rookie
Singleton- no
Ariza- no

When Nene and Wall get healthy, Price will be where he should be... with the 2nd squad. Pargo has some good run in him, but is more of a SG in a PG's body and AJ is a much better facilitator.

Ace E.Anderson
10-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Thing was, DC looked good creating as well, although he may not have got the assist he was seeing open guys who were able to draw defenders and then get the assist, he played a really good game.

DC thrives in a pick and roll type of game where he only needs to make one read--whether he needs to pull up for a mid range J, drive to the hole, or make a pass to the screener. If he needs to actually "run" a team and look to get multiple players FGA's in a variety of places, his lack of court vision and passing ability hampers him.

With the Mavs, he doesn't have many perimeter players looking to take a bunch of shots, or looking for the ball "in their spots". Meanwhile with the Pacers you've got to feed the post to Roy, try and run screen and roll with an immobile D.West, look for DG spotting up/coming off screens, look for PG on the break, etc.

With our post based offense, our PG needs to be strong off the ball/spotting up; which is what G.Hill is good at. This is why George was a better fit with the starters.

avoidingtheclowns
10-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Tim MacMahon ‏(@espn_macmahon (https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon))
Darren Collison has 16 points midway through the third quarter. Jason Kidd's season high last year was 15.
10:20 PM - 30 Oct 12 (https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/263495546801635328)

Mac_Daddy
10-31-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm interested to see how much of a liability Nash turns out to be on defense. I know Dwight is phenomenal at protecting the rim, but can you imagine a seven game series with Nash guarding Rus Westbrook?

I wouldn't expect to see Nash guarding him in the first place. Kobe would switch over.

Really?
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
DC thrives in a pick and roll type of game where he only needs to make one read--whether he needs to pull up for a mid range J, drive to the hole, or make a pass to the screener. If he needs to actually "run" a team and look to get multiple players FGA's in a variety of places, his lack of court vision and passing ability hampers him.

With the Mavs, he doesn't have many perimeter players looking to take a bunch of shots, or looking for the ball "in their spots". Meanwhile with the Pacers you've got to feed the post to Roy, try and run screen and roll with an immobile D.West, look for DG spotting up/coming off screens, look for PG on the break, etc.

With our post based offense, our PG needs to be strong off the ball/spotting up; which is what G.Hill is good at. This is why George was a better fit with the starters.

So what you are saying is that we need a traditional pg who can get it to guys at their spots? I understand that he has not had to hit guys in their spots last night, but he was able to see the open man cutting on most occasions, I guess we will see what happens once Kaman and Dirk come back and how that affects his game.

danman
11-02-2012, 08:21 AM
There is something odd about the DC thing. He's very good in the pick and roll, he's a decent shooter, with enough talent to be a super sub at least... And he's been traded twice for 25 cents on the dollar.

Yes, he needs to run pick and rolls to be effective, but every team in the league runs some pick and roll, most run it a lot.

Maybe he finally breaks through in Dallas. Maybe it will be a matter where Ian fits here, Darren fits there.

Ace E.Anderson
11-02-2012, 01:06 PM
So what you are saying is that we need a traditional pg who can get it to guys at their spots? I understand that he has not had to hit guys in their spots last night, but he was able to see the open man cutting on most occasions, I guess we will see what happens once Kaman and Dirk come back and how that affects his game.

Not necessarily. What I'm saying is we need a PG who can contribute without having to dominate the ball (catch and shoot, can cut to the basket and get a layup) DC is more of a pick and role type guy who needs the ball. G.Hill is more of a guy who can catch and shoot out of a double team, cut to the basket for passes from the post, etc.