PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Challenge Thread

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Should be a lot more fun to watch than the celeb game. :puke:

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this one. They're usually pretty decent.

zxc
02-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah last years was pretty good. Though no Pacers in it this year kinda makes it bit less interesting for me. Not that Tinsley did much last year or anything.

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:08 PM
:laugh: Who IS this kid announcer from Denver??

zxc
02-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Dunno but.. had to hit mute here heh.

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Wooo Jabar. :) Don't hear about him often.

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Jesus, :laugh: I forgot the soph's had Yao on their team this time. That should tip the scale just a wee bit lol.

zxc
02-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Jesus, :laugh: I forgot the soph's had Yao on their team this time. That should tip the scale just a wee bit lol.

Yeah, sophmore team has tons of size. James and Anthony gonna have to guard Boozer and Stoudamire to start? Ouch.

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:20 PM
James has the freakiest athleticism.

Fun game so far.

Shade
02-13-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm still trying to shake off the numbness left from the celebrity game. What a horrible, horrible spectacle that was. :neutral:

Shade
02-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Wow, Carmello and James look like Malone/Stockton out there. :o

birdman
02-13-2004, 09:31 PM
that was a sweet alley oop from melo to lebron!

Will Galen
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM
This game isn't really interesting. Just uncontested dunk after uncontested dunk. The dunk contest is tomorrow night.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::t humbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thu mbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumb sdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsd own::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdow n::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Will Galen
02-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Dumb game especially at the end there! I'd want my money back if I paid to get in.

zxc
02-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah that was pretty bad. Was better last year, least guys tried to make it look like they were playing some D. This time just standing there letting people walk by for the entire second half.

SycamoreKen
02-13-2004, 11:56 PM
I thought the best play wasn't a dunk. It was when Amare was cutting under the basket and his team mate threw the pass low and behind him. He was able to catch it, bring it up, and still get it into the basket. A great play.

Hicks
02-14-2004, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't call it bad. I think anyone who went in expecting a "real" NBA game is mistaken. They went expecting what they got. Some nice passes, and nice dunks. With a dash of 3's. And that's really what it was.

The end they just let'm completely go to have fun; the game was out of reach. I enjoyed it. They were having fun.

If it had been close, the opposite would have happened. Defense would have actually picked up. But the Sophs got too much of a lead for that.

Unclebuck
02-14-2004, 10:09 AM
I only want to say 3 things in regard to the rookie game last night.

1) Glad the rookies did not win

2) that was the worst display of basketball I have seen in my lieftime. Larry Brown had to be rolling over in his grave mumbling, "play the right way

3) Thank God "Monk" was on last night at 10:00, because I could not take another minute of that game.

Hicks
02-14-2004, 10:16 AM
I think you guys take this way too seriously. But maybe that's just me.

Oh, and cheer up, we're probably going to see an All-Star first Sunday: A man playing tough D the ENTIRE game. Welcome aboard, Ronnie! :dance:

SycamoreKen
02-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Actually, the league got what it wanted with this game. The chance to showcase the next "Bird & Magic" :rolleyes: without them getting in the way of the established players.

tseramid
02-14-2004, 11:15 PM
I only want to say 3 things in regard to the rookie game last night.

1) Glad the rookies did not win

2) that was the worst display of basketball I have seen in my lieftime. Larry Brown had to be rolling over in his grave mumbling, "play the right way

3) Thank God "Monk" was on last night at 10:00, because I could not take another minute of that game.

I cannot agree more with all three points. I could not believe what I was seeing. I took my son to the haircut joint today and this poor 7-8 year old kid was thumbing through the sports section asking outloud who won the Rookie Challenge. I bit my tounge, but I actually felt bad. That wasn't a game. That was what happens when you have a substitute gym teacher trying to organize a game.

If that is what the league wants, then why keep score...why not just let the rookies and the sophomores have their own dunk contest?