PDA

View Full Version : Will the city/state get behind the blue and gold?

pacers74
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Just want to get everyones opinion on if the city/state will get behind the pacers this season. The colts are rebuilding, and the pacers are primed for a great season. I loved the 90's and early 2000's when Indy was a pacer town. I want that vibe back. There is buzz around town, but I am not sure we have the whole city buying into the pacers yet.
What do you guys think? Will the masses get behind the pacers this season, or will it take an even better playoff run than last to make everyone believers again?

Trader Joe
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Already seems like it. The preseason game on Friday was actually a decent crowd for a preaseason game.

Meaning there was more than like 100 poeple there.

pacer4ever
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
season tickets are up 30% from last year from what I have read on hoopshype (i forget the source the quoted I think it was the star though). Yes seems like people are jumping back on the bandwagon

PGisthefuture
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the team will have to prove it wasn't just a one year thing if they want the whole city/state to get behind them like back in the day.

Sandman21
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Season ticket sales are up, advertising revenue is up.... I expect TV ratings to continue the upward trend they've shown since the start of last season....

Might it be? Might this city FINALLY be waking up?

OlBlu
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Just want to get everyones opinion on if the city/state will get behind the pacers this season. The colts are rebuilding, and the pacers are primed for a great season. I loved the 90's and early 2000's when Indy was a pacer town. I want that vibe back. There is buzz around town, but I am not sure we have the whole city buying into the pacers yet.
What do you guys think? Will the masses get behind the pacers this season, or will it take an even better playoff run than last to make everyone believers again?

I sure hope so because if they don't it may become apparent that they never will come back to the Pacers and I don't like thinking about where that could lead....:cool:

Trophy
10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
The answer seems pretty clear to me.

If you read the articles, it states ticket sales are up the highest percentage in a very long time and a ton of support during the playoffs.

The answer is a big yes.

pacers74
10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I hope you guys are right. I want Indy to back the pacers 100% again. More people seem to talking about the pacers, but most people don't seem to be ready to fully believe.

Steagles
10-15-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the city will. We will still have those damn Bulls ******** show up, but maybe more than enough to keep it a home game.

obnoxiousmodesty
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, four of my co-workers have excitedly joined me in purchasing a six-game package for the season, so something is abuzz, that's for sure...

LetsTalkPacers84
10-15-2012, 04:09 PM
my brother in law and 5 of his friends all bought a 6 game ticket packages. Till this year, none of them had ever bought a ticket. I brought him to a lot of games the past 2 years, and a combination of things. Not excluding the ever so awesome area55 experience. got him hooked.