PDA

View Full Version : WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

CableKC
10-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Anyone watching this?

I wasn't even aware that the Fever made it to the WNBA finals.

Unfortunately....I didn't even know that the WNBA finals were going on now.

Well, there is at least one of the Indiana NBA Professional Basketball teams that could win a championship....even if it's a WNBA Team.

cgg
10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Yep. Time for another road trip for game 3?!

CableKC
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Yep. Time for another road trip for game 3?!
Exactly Chris......I'm guessing that a 2 day road trip through the south to Indy is in your near future? :)

I look to book my airfare from SJ to Indy.

All kidding aside....I really hope that the Fever are promoting this in Indy itself. Getting to the WNBA Finals is a major accomplishment and worthy of some recognition.

cgg
10-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't mind catching the home opener either, so maybe.

CableKC
10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't mind catching the home opener either, so maybe.
If you're gonna drive non-stop like you did last time for the 2nd round of the Pacers Playoffs.....that would be dedication there.

cgg
10-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Well I meant to take 2 days, but there was some nasty weather I was trying to wait out and I ran out of time.

gummy
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Yep, watching. There's a thread in The Locker Room. Indiana is a big time underdog in this series. What else is new? ;)

cgg
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM
They don't look like underdogs to me.

Shade
10-14-2012, 10:06 PM
This is starting to feel like a team of destiny. Even injuries don't seem to slow them down. They've been impressive in the playoffs.

gummy
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
They don't look like underdogs to me.

No, they sure didn't! But that's the media narrative, even before Douglas went down. According to the "experts" we upset the Sun to get here.

Larkins has been so good.

Shade
10-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Larkins has been huge.

I've never been a big fan of Dunn, but she's made some nice adjustments over the last couple of series'.

cgg
10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
wtf espn said they're going to go at least 4 games, no sweep?!?! How the **** do they know?

gummy
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
wtf espn said they're going to go at least 4 games, no sweep?!?! How the **** do they know?

Same way they knew we were huge underdogs. ;)

cgg
10-14-2012, 10:32 PM
The Lynx players don't seem very confident in this post game press conference.

gummy
10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
The Lynx players don't seem very confident in this post game press conference.

They aren't accustomed to losing.

cgg
10-14-2012, 10:55 PM
ESPN doesn't seem accustomed to it either.

Sookie
10-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Larkins has been huge.

I've never been a big fan of Dunn, but she's made some nice adjustments over the last couple of series'.

I'm not either, but her move of Starting Larkins and Phillips has been excellent. (albiet a bit obvious)

Go Fever. This is really impressive. The Lynx aren't accustomed to losing because they start a team that would likely win the Olympics. So for the Fever to beat them without without Katie. Wow.

CableKC
10-19-2012, 08:09 PM
:bump:

Hopefully there are some PD fans that went to the Fieldhouse to see the Fever.

I know that it's a best of 5 series...but it a 2-2-1 format?

Is it good or bad that the Fever was able to fill the seats in a WNBA Final compared to a regular Season Pacer game?

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
How do you guys think is Tamika's equal in the NBA? she is considered a superstar right?

pacer4ever
10-19-2012, 08:19 PM
How do you guys think is Tamika's equal in the NBA? she is considered a superstar right?

She reminds me of Scottie Pippen she is a monster on defense and has the point forward talent like him. The lockout was good for one thing I got a great look at so many classic players since that is all that was aired during that summer and fall.

But no doubt Catch was a star in here prime she still has it too even though she is getting older.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
She reminds me of Scottie Pippen she is a monster on defense and has the point forward talent like him. The lockout was good for one thing I got a great look at so many classic players since that is all that was aired during that summer and fall.

But no doubt Catch was a star in here prime she still has it too even though she is getting older.

Yeah I was thinking Pippen too, she is a lock down defender that can do a lot of things, really smart too.

CableKC
10-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I assume that someone would be watching the WNBA final with the Fever since the Pacers game isn't on NBALP or anything. :banghead:

gummy
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
:bump:

Hopefully there are some PD fans that went to the Fieldhouse to see the Fever.

I know that it's a best of 5 series...but it a 2-2-1 format?

Is it good or bad that the Fever was able to fill the seats in a WNBA Final compared to a regular Season Pacer game?

They did get a little help - the Pacers gave away 4,000 tickets.

But it's GOOD - because it's Indiana basketball!

Pacers attendance is going to be way up this season anyway.

WNBA Finals is a 2-2-1 format.

Sookie
10-19-2012, 08:24 PM

It's hard, Tamika is a weird superstar. There aren't many players who are superstars because of their defense. She's the best defensive player in the WNBA, but she's really not nearly as skilled offensively as the rest of the superstars (Augustus, Pondexter, Taurasi, Angel, etc..), even though she has found efficient ways to score. I really can't think of a similar player in the NBA, except maybe Pippen.

If you are asking what level Catch is, than she is probably the best small forward. (Depending on if you want to consider Augustus a small forward, and then you can argue about it.)

Fever are doing what they need to do. Being physical with Moore and Augustus, making the game ugly, rebounding and keeping the turnovers to a minimum. Forcing turnovers is a big help too..

btw: Erin Phillips has been outstanding in the playoffs. I didn't know she could be as good as she's been playing. Absolutely ridiculous that she wasn't on the Australian women's national team.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Augustus has some Hardaway in her, she is also nice.

gummy
10-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Catch is all over the place.

Augustus does have a beautiful crossover.

Sookie
10-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Augustus does have a beautiful crossover.

And an even prettier jump shot.

gummy
10-19-2012, 08:33 PM
And an even prettier jump shot.

Yep. I think only Taurasi has a better shot.

Maya Moore's stroke looks beautiful - so silky smooth, but somehow it doesn't go in as often as it looks like it should.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Katie Douglas to me is the equivalent to Mike Dunleavy.

gummy
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM

:laugh:

You know...I've had my issues with Katie because it seemed to me in years past she would go on an epic cold shooting streak in the playoffs. But this year she's been so good. She was averaging over 25 points a game in the Connecticut series and basically carried us when Catch had an off night. So I'm feeling positive about Douglas right now.

Though I wish her ankle wasn't so floppy. ;)

Sookie
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Yep. I think only Taurasi has a better shot.

Maya Moore's stroke looks beautiful, but somehow it doesn't go in as often as it looks like it should.

Yea, it's funny, Taurasi is much more likely to take a three, but she rarely misses from midrange.

Moore, her shot is a little flat. She was certainly more accurate in college. But she's another that would much rather take threes than midrange. Funny enough, when talking about NBA/WNBA comparisons, Maya's game is probably more similar to Danny than anyone.

Minnesota committed like eight offensive fouls on that possession. Wow, at being up 21...

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:46 PM
:laugh:

You know...I've had my issues with Katie because it seemed to me in years past she would go on an epic cold shooting streak in the playoffs. But this year she's been so good. She was averaging over 25 points a game in the Connecticut series and basically carried us when Catch had an off night. So I'm feeling positive about Douglas right now.

Though I wish her ankle wasn't so floppy. ;)

My comparison to Dunleavy was not negative ;) I think she has a similar game, I wish she didn't get hurt Indiana needs her :(

gummy
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
My comparison to Dunleavy was not negative ;) I think she has a similar game, I wish she didn't get hurt Indiana needs her :(

Oh. hahaha.

You have to admit, around here it's almost like saying Dunn reminds you of JOB. ;)

Sookie
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM

Douglas is a really good defender. And not as good of a shooter. Harden might actually be a better comparison. :P

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh. hahaha.

You have to admit, around here it's almost like saying Dunn reminds you of JOB. ;)

Yeah I don't like Dunleavy but even I have to admit that Dunleavy at one time was a pretty good player, when I'm comparing her to him I'm thinking about the good Dunleavy and no the crappy one ;)

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Tamika is amazing wow.

gummy
10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow, Fever are just taking it to the Lynx! Zellous has been really good. Two down, Zellous, Phillips, and January step UP!

And we are still full court pressing. Hahaha.

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:15 PM
What can you say about Catch at this point. Deserves her number in the rafters.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Damn what an a** whooping damn........

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Is this how a defending champion carries themselves? Just embarrassing for Minnesota.

Sookie
10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Wow, Fever are just taking it to the Lynx! Zellous has been really good. Two down, Zellous, Phillips, and January step UP!

And we are still full court pressing. Hahaha.

Get a 40 point lead and Dun can rest those guards.

Not to take anything away from the Fever, because they have been great, but there's no excuse for this from Minnesota's perspective.

people complain about "superteams" in the NBA, the Minnesota team is not only stacked..but stacked correctly (aka, the pieces fit) have had a year to play together and gell..and they've played poorly in the playoffs. (It was probably a bit of a warning sign when an injured Sue Bird almost took Minnesota down by herself.I mean, January, Erin, and Zellous are good players, but they aren't Whalen, Maya, and Augustus. All three have arguments for "top 3 players at their position." And Rebecca Brunson is no slouch. And then they actually have the deepest bench in the league.

Unbelievable really. And I hope it continues (this series obviously isn't over yet), because there's not a player in the league who deserves a ring more than Catch. I just wish Katie could play so she could really enjoy it.

gummy
10-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Epic beat down.

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Whalen is too old Sookie. I'm sorry, but she is just getting her *** handed to her by these younger players.

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
17 minutes for Catch tonight. LOL, just LOL

Sookie
10-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Whalen is too old Sookie. I'm sorry, but she is just getting her *** handed to her by these younger players.

She's only 30 (if that). She is injured. (Not that it's an excuse, Indiana is playing without their second best player.)

I do think a player like January is probably the worst possible matchup for her. She's slow and strong, and January can just get around her. But she's honestly just had a poor playoff run, which is strange for Lindsay. Like I said, Bird absolutely destroyed her, and Sue needed hip surgery and was practically limping, so Lindsay's poor playoff performance is on her..not an injury excuse.

Not that she's been the only problem for the Lynx. Seimone has been very inconsistent, and Maya's trying to do too much, and Brunson really hasn't played like she's capable of.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Tamika shouldn't be there.

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
How much ball has Whalen played though now? Lots of miles on that body and she looks like it right now.

gummy
10-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Tamika shouldn't be there.

Right?!? I am glad she's sitting down again.

vnzla81
10-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Right?!? I am glad she's sitting down again.

Yep I wouldn't risk and injury, there was a weird play there were she almost got hurt, not need for her to play.

Sookie
10-19-2012, 09:41 PM
How much ball has Whalen played though now? Lots of miles on that body and she looks like it right now.

She's actually not played as much as some other players her age. I'm actually pretty sure she doesn't go overseas in the off season. She did play through the Olympic break...but so did Catch. (Who is older. And has played more basketball.)

I think she's just playing bad. LoL. I think a lot of it has to do with the way January is playing, and the defense Erin and January have played on her. But she's really just been pretty bad. But it hasn't just been her. I mean, Maya and Seimone broke out last game, and they likely will again. But they haven't been themselves either.

On another note, just take Zealous, Erin, and January out. Minny can't catch up, and those three need the rest.

gummy
10-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Just. One. More!

cgg
10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.wnba.com/live1.html

Reeve has absolutely nothing to say lol.

Sandman21
10-19-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.wnba.com/live1.html

Reeve has absolutely nothing to say lol.

She had NO IDEA what kind of crowd was coming out. She got PISSED at Area55 and G2Zone taking the old "Cheryl" chant directed at Reggie and directing at her all night long... :D

CableKC
10-19-2012, 11:45 PM
What? is she dead to you like Dunleavy is dead to you?

cgg
10-19-2012, 11:56 PM
She had NO IDEA what kind of crowd was coming out. She got PISSED at Area55 and G2Zone taking the old "Cheryl" chant directed at Reggie and directing at her all night long... :D

Didn't know Area55 was going to be there. Excellent!

Here's her post game comments:

What happened out there?
"I don't have an answer.''
Coach Dunn said they were trying to deny the ball. Did you feel your players were getting shots they could hit or were they just being shut down?
"I think whatever Lin said, she was exactly right.''
What's it going to take to get another win Sunday?
"Score more points than them.''

I understand it's a frustrating night. Are you upset with the team, or are you just upset with the situation?

"Not upset. Ready to move on.''

gummy
10-20-2012, 12:00 AM
I understand it's a frustrating night. Are you upset with the team, or are you just upset with the situation?

"Not upset. Ready to move on.''

Nope, not upset at all. You could totally tell. :whistle:

:bs:

Sandman21
10-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Didn't know Area55 was going to be there. Excellent!
Them and G2Zone have been behind the Opponent bench since Game 3 of the Dream series. :D

And Reeves was LIVID at us. She told someone at the scorer's table that we were pissing her off, and then she later faced us and spit her gum out in the process (not at us, but the look on her face was PRICELESS!)

Not bad considering I did something to my back in the third quarter that put me in a seat for much of the second half. Time to ice it and keep it from tightening up.

cgg
10-20-2012, 12:18 AM
lol, hopefully the Fieldhouse is as packed for game 4.

gummy
10-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Them and G2Zone have been behind the Opponent bench since Game 3 of the Dream series. :D

And Reeves was LIVID at us. She told someone at the scorer's table that we were pissing her off, and then she later faced us and spit her gum out in the process (not at us, but the look on her face was PRICELESS!)

Not bad considering I did something to my back in the third quarter that put me in a seat for much of the second half. Time to ice it and keep it from tightening up.

:lol2:

Was she expecting them to do something about it? Pretty telling that she allowed you guys to get in her head like that. I hope you up the ante for game 4 (get well soon)!

Sandman21
10-20-2012, 01:15 AM
:lol2:
I hope you up the ante for game 4 (get well soon)!

Area55 and G2 will show up and be even more insane Sunday, the National Guard couldn't keep me away, much less a back injury!

Basketball Fan
10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/colts-donate-fever-tickets-to-fans

Colts donate tickets in support of Fever

Updated: Saturday, 20 Oct 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Published : Saturday, 20 Oct 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Staff Reports

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The Indianapolis Colts have purchased 2,500 upper level tickets to donate to fans wanting to attend Sunday Night's WNBA Finals game.

A Fever win on Sunday would clinch the city's first professional basketball championship since the 1973 Pacers in the ABA.

Fans are able to collect a maximum of four tickets per person and additional tickets can be purchased for $10. Tickets are available for pickup starting at noon Saturday at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse box office.

Fans are asked to wear red to Sunday's game in support of the Fever. The organization anticipates a sellout audience like Friday night.

Indianapolis Colts players Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis, Pat McAfee, Jerraud Powers and Reggie Waynewill all be in attendance.

cgg
10-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Colts stars Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis, Pat McAfee, Jerraud Powers and Reggie Wayne have purchased 2,500 tickets to donate to fans wanting to attend Sunday's WNBA Finals Game 4! You can pick them up at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Box Office today at noon.

Learn more: http://fevermvp.com/game4

Sookie
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Apparently Pohlen tore her ACL :(

The Fever really haven't had luck with the injuries.

Also, I like seeing Reeve show some of that Bill Laimbeer side of her. Part of the problem with the WNBA as of late (really, since there has been no Bill) is that there are no "hated" teams by fans. Probably the most hated player is Taurasi, but she was injured/wasn't playing this season. (And she's personally one of my favorites anyway.) The Mercury are likely to be that team next season, but it's nice to see some edge out of the Minnesota team.

I've been rooting for the Fever because I'd like to see Catch get a ring, not because I dislike Minnesota. So thanks for bringing something to the table, Reeves. :D

gummy
10-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Apparently Pohlen tore her ACL :(

The Fever really haven't had luck with the injuries.

Also, I like seeing Reeve show some of that Bill Laimbeer side of her. Part of the problem with the WNBA as of late (really, since there has been no Bill) is that there are no "hated" teams by fans. Probably the most hated player is Taurasi, but she was injured/wasn't playing this season. (And she's personally one of my favorites anyway.) The Mercury are likely to be that team next season, but it's nice to see some edge out of the Minnesota team.

I've been rooting for the Fever because I'd like to see Catch get a ring, not because I dislike Minnesota. So thanks for bringing something to the table, Reeves. :D

Unfortunately that's no surprise. It certainly looked like an ACL tear when she went down. :( I just want to get through this series with no more major injuries.

I agree about Reeve. It's probably good for the game. I've been mildly annoyed by Reeve in the past just because she comes so far out on the court sometimes while the ball is in play. But in this series after game 2 I realized I actually dislike her quite a bit, and let's face it - seething about displays of arrogance/entitlement/nastiness by an opponent is good fun for many sports fans. That there seemed to be some genuine animosity between the coaches recently is just icing on the cake, and it all plays out in an intense series. I did love to hate Bill and the Detroit Shock. :D

No doubt about it though, Phoenix will be public enemy number 1 next year with Taurasi and Griner. If you regularly read the WNBA's Facebook page it seems like Candace Parker is almost if not just as hated as Taurasi.

Sandman21
10-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Anyone who is going to game 4:

AT THIS POINT, THIS IS PURELY RUMOR.

According to a reputable source, Cheryl and the Minnesota Lynx have complained about Area55 and G2's actions of Friday night and are attempting to have our chanting of Lynx player and coaches names silenced for Sunday's game. We've reached out to our ticket rep with PS&E and he believes it to be poppycock and heresay, but he is looking into it. At this point, I want to make it crystal clear that at no time on Friday night that Area55 and G2's chant did not cross the line at any point (partially because we were behind Maya Moore's family, and partially because we know better), furthermore, we didn't deliver a SINGLE chant directed at Lynx players (unless one also happened to be named Cheryl)

That being said, we've found another weakness in what is purportedly the greatest women's basketball team ever, and they want to take away one of our pieces of homecourt advantage before the final blow can be performed and their season goes down in flames. However, CHERRYYYLLLLLL has no idea what she and her team have done in trying to pick a fight with Area55 and the G2Zone, and if theres one thing I've learned from watching people pick fights with Area55 and G2Zone, its this: AREA55 AND G2ZONE WILL WIN EVERY ****ING TIME. WE AINT GONNA BACK DOWN FROM A CRYBABY!

Therefore, I'm issuing the call to arms: Tomorrow night, as you enter the game, Spread the word, get your section loud and roaring, the Lynx may have attempt to silence A55 and G2Zone, BUT WHAT ARE THEYGONNADO WHEN 18,000 STRONG are chanting "CHEERRRRRYYYYLLLLLLLL" at them? If they thought Friday night's crowd was loud and insane, lets crank it up a notch! DRINK YOUR WATER, TAKE VITAMINS AND WEAR YOUR FACEPAINT!

THIS IS WAR!

EDIT: As I have typed this, we've received word (via RobFromPacers and Nate from the Fever) from Fever COO Kelly Krauskopf: At this time, she has heard nothing from the WNBA League Office. Regardless, the Call to Arms stands, TOMORROW NIGHT, BRING THE NOISE!

cgg
10-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Just saw this on twitter. If it's true:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Roflcopter.gif

IndyHoya
10-20-2012, 10:54 PM
For those interested, Area55/G2Z sat behind the Lynx bench Friday and when not screaming cheers for an inspired Fever performance, we directed our chanting at Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve. Cheryl eventually lost it and turned toward us and directed a symbolic gob of spit in our direction. We responded with a "That was nasty" chant and Cheryl seethed the rest of the game. Her post-game press conference demeanor (which was described by various sports writers as "surly" "terse" and "not an example of a charm school foundation") had a lot to do with us.

After the game, Cheryl tried to gag us by complaining to the ushers. The word came down that Area55/G2Z would be barred from chanting the names or numbers of any Lynx players or coaches during Sunday's Fever game. If you think that's going to inhibit us, rethink, my friends. Just wait. There's plenty more coming Sunday for Cheryl from A55/G2Z.

Also kudos to Lin Dunn for outcoaching Cheryl big time in Game 3. Read the following very insightful article as to just how Lin outfoxed the coat-thrower:

http://tinyurl.com/8mv6d5x

IndyHoya

Sandman21
10-20-2012, 11:36 PM
WOW. it seems Cheryl's temper tantrum has spilled over onto Twitter. She even bashes one of her OWN Lynx fans!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/Iu2002/BUSTED-1.png

IndyHoya
10-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Cheryl's big on elbows. Halftime of Game 2 she ordered her team to start using them. This:

"[Lin] Dunn also took exception to Reeve's halftime speech, during which she directed her players to use their elbows in the second half.

"When you go to the basket, I want an elbow out," Reeve said in a speech that was televised. "I want them to collapse their arms on you because you're sticking an elbow in their chest."

Dunn learned of the speech after the game and was shocked.

"I've never heard a coach say that publicly before -- lead with your elbow, they're not calling it."

Both January and Shavonte Zellous had concussions during a game at Minnesota late in the regular season. Now, Dunn wonders if there was intent behind the hits.

"I guess the thing that sticks in my mind now is I look back to those two concussions we had in the game up there that we played in the regular season, and it makes me think, hey, maybe that was attributed to that because that's how they teach their players to play, which I consider very dangerous and shouldn't be part of our game," she said.

IndyHoya

Sookie
10-20-2012, 11:47 PM
careful guys though, a common tactic for coaches is to irritate the fans so that the chants/cheers/harassment is directed at the coach, not the players. So that they aren't distracted.

I'm not saying don't irritate Cheryl...I'm just saying irritate the players too. :D

edit: Or looking at her twitter...she's just about lost it.

cgg
10-20-2012, 11:49 PM
lol

cgg
10-20-2012, 11:50 PM
careful guys though, a common tactic for coaches is to irritate the fans so that the chants/cheers/harassment is directed at the coach, not the players. So that they aren't distracted.

I'm not saying don't irritate Cheryl...I'm just saying irritate the players too. :D

Her OWN fans too? hahaha

daschysta
10-20-2012, 11:51 PM

Agreed about the players, but sheesh, you're right, Cheryl seems to be really fraying. I would think a head coach would be much more thick skinned, I guess that they are kindof folding under pressure so far though.

Sandman21
10-20-2012, 11:58 PM

Don't worry about that... we found the Lynx to be VERY SUSCEPTIBLE to the "fake shot clock" countdown on Friday. :D

And that's just one tool in the kit. :D

Sookie
10-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Jeez, Maya STILL falls for that.

I remember a game where Duke did that to her three times. Funny bit was she made the shots, but...

cgg
10-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't worry about that... we found the Lynx to be VERY SUSCEPTIBLE to the "fake shot clock" countdown on Friday. :D

And that's just one tool in the kit. :D

This makes me want to rewatch the game

gummy
10-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Looks like she deleted all those tweets.

LOL.

Sandman21
10-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Looks like she deleted all those tweets.

LOL.
No she didn't..... ROFL

Cheryl Reeve ‏@LynxCoachReeve

@IAMPACERSCRAZY Got your free tickets to watch??

What a *****. For the record, Area55/G2 have paid money for our tickets to EVERY Fever playoff game we've attended.

Oh god, she lit the powderkeg....

cgg
10-21-2012, 01:30 AM
No she didn't..... ROFL

What a *****. For the record, Area55/G2 have paid money for our tickets to EVERY Fever playoff game we've attended.

Oh god, she lit the powderkeg....

Subtract the free tickets and we've got just as many people or more there anyway.

gummy
10-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Oh, I was looking in the wrong place. :laugh:

On a less crazy note, the Pacers just updated their cover photo with Big Roy in a Fever shirt during shoot around for their pre-season game earlier this evening.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151226139972996&set=a.10150654240982996.414016.43267052995&type=1&theater

Pretty cool.

Miller_time04
10-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Lol I wish I could go tomorrow. Go g2!

Kuq_e_Zi91
10-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Love this from DG:

"Game 4 is tomorrow (Sunday), correct?" Granger verified. "If they win, I told 'em I'm gonna come and I'm gonna rush the court with them, cheering. Get a little practice, so I know how it feels like to get a ring. I'm gonna rush the court, I'm telling you. Like I'm 18 again."
http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/10/21/3534406/pacers-links-danny-granger-pacers-ready-to-support-fever-on

Also, from reading around and listening to interviews, I've noticed a big difference in the mentality of the two teams. I think Gummy touched upon this earlier in the series, maybe in another thread, about Augustus getting ahead of herself. From a Game 3 post game interview, she says they look at it like there's 80 minutes of basketball left. No, Seimone, if you don't play a good first 40, there's no second 40...

In contrast, you hear the Fever players, particularly those who suffered the loss in the 09 Finals, talk about the importance of one game, Game 4. Sutton-Brown said Game 4 is Game 5. They're focused, they're prepared, they're dialed in on this one game.

What it comes down to, I think, is coaching. Dunn has been world class this series... #onemore

Mourning
10-21-2012, 02:56 PM
WOW. it seems Cheryl's temper tantrum has spilled over onto Twitter. She even bashes one of her OWN Lynx fans!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/Iu2002/BUSTED-1.png

IS HER CAPSLOCK BUTTON BROKEN OR IS SHE MANICKLY PISSED-OFF???v:-p

:lol: Go Fever!!!! :woohoo:

Sandman21
10-21-2012, 05:25 PM
just heard from a source that the queen ***** called indy fans circus clowns. this means war!

Trader Joe
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Wish I could be there tonight...Give em hell folks.

Sookie
10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Katie's dressing tonight.

She's likely to only play around 10 minutes if she does get in. But that's good news. I expect this to be closer than last game, and giving Erin/January/Zellous a little bit of rest could be key.

gummy
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Katie's dressing tonight.

She's likely to only play around 10 minutes if she does get in. But that's good news. I expect this to be closer than last game, and giving Erin/January/Zellous a little bit of rest could be key.

I'm not entirely sure she'll play. They may just want her to be in uniform because this game could clinch the championship. I know if I was in her position I'd want to be wearing my team's uni for the trophy presentation and all that. Or, if it doesn't come down to the wire and the Fever are going to win, they might insert her for a minute or two as a symbolic gesture so she can get some love from the crowd for her role in getting the Fever to this stage.

Of course, she really can play and at least not hurt us for 10 minutes or so that'd be awesome.

Also, I am sweating already - it's gonna be a trying couple of hours of yelling at the screen. ;) Let's get started!

:scream:

Sookie
10-21-2012, 08:21 PM
ugh, offense is ugly without both January and Erin in. As long they keep getting offensive rebounds though, they should be all right.

And...Lindsay's figured out how to play against Erin.

vnzla81
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
So is Katie playing?

Trader Joe
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I think Katie will only play in an emergency I guess.

Sookie
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
All right, you made your point Lindsay. Go back to looking tired.

vnzla81
10-21-2012, 08:44 PM
They should put Tamika on that girl she is killing them.

gummy
10-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Big time 3 from Shavonte! :dance:

boombaby1987
10-21-2012, 10:00 PM
That looked like a 2.

able
10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
if the commentators on espn weren't a pain it would be a great experience watching this game, now it is just memorable :P

Coupe
10-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Fans getting in her head!

Coupe
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
congrats ladies! city is proud

BobbyMac
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow the 4th championship for the city! What a great job!!

xIndyFan
10-21-2012, 11:00 PM
if the commentators on espn weren't a pain it would be a great experience watching this game, now it is just memorable :P

yeah, they evidently expected MIN to win. and put is in their gamenotes. plus the officiating sucked.