PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Williams

MillerTime
10-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I was watching NBA TV and they mentioned that Williams' days in Minny might be numbered. With AK47 and Love starting at the 3 and 4, respectively, apparently Kahn is getting frustrated with Williams.

With West getting older and nearing the end of his contract, is Williams a possibility for us?

Sparhawk
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I'd love to get Williams. I don't see it happening, but then again, Kahn paid a 1st rounder just to get rid of W Johnson....

rel
10-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Would we need him? I've always seen him as a SF, not a PF.

hackashaq
10-14-2012, 12:38 AM
They'll ask for Paul George.

Anthem
10-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Trade Williams? I thought he'd turned the corner?

Hypnotiq
10-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Williams is horrible tweener forwards rarely ever work in the NBA.

pass with complete ease

Heisenberg
10-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Williams is horrible tweener forwards rarely ever work in the NBA.

pass with complete ease
Wouldn't call him horrible but I do agree he's a tweener and Minnesota probably wants too much. If they were selling really low I'd bite, but I doubt they are.

Derek2k3
10-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Williams is an absolute gamechanger. The fact that he's stuck in a system in Minny that has Love being an absolute ballstoppper hurts his stats, but make no mistake, the kid has star potential.

Issue is, through a trade it'd cost us PG, not gonna happen. In free agency he's gonna make too much money.

Just don't see how we'd be able to swing it without parting with Danny (For $ reasons) or Paul (For skill purposes).

I'd love to have him though. He could have all of Tyler's minutes.

oz_pacer
10-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Trade him for tyler that should work they need a great inside scorer with a high bball iq and great interior passing

Steagles
10-14-2012, 07:41 AM
I'd take him for Tyler and a second. That's it.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk

MillerTime
10-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Minny has been known for moving their drafted players rather quickly. From the top of my head, I recall Minny drafting, and trading, Corey Brewer, Mayo, Flynn, Lawson, Wes Johnson.....

I could see the same happening to Derrick Williams

xIndyFan
10-14-2012, 10:04 AM
watching him vs the Pacers, Williams looked pretty good. But he is a tweener-SF guy, not a PF. Pacers have big wings by the ton. I doubt they need another. Wasting the last of the cap space on another one doesn't seem like a good plan.

Hicks
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
He's essentially the next Al Harrington, for better and for worse, I think.

MillerTime
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM
He's essentially the next Al Harrington, for better and for worse, I think.

I would say more of a Michael Beasley

Sparhawk
10-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd take him for Tyler and a second. That's it.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk

I'd take him for Tyler and a 1st. That first is gonna be end of the round anyhow.

pacer4ever
10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I didn't like him much coming out his lack of motor on tape showed more than anything dude is super lazy. Most games he normally wouldn't even bother getting back on defense. I watched him a bit last year but still not sure on what he will become. I never thought of him as an Al Harrington type but the more I think about it they do have more similarities than differences. I always saw him as a Jeff Green type or a Danny Granger without the defense and anyone who knows me knows I really don't like Jeff Green's game he doesn't help his team like the stats would lead you to believe IMO.

Cousy47
10-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I'd take him for Tyler and a 1st. That first is gonna be end of the round anyhow.
!!!!How about Tyler and Pendergraft? That works pretty well for salary and gives Minn 2 expiring contracts for a player their owner dont like. Also gives the Ps a true tweener at the 3 and 4 and opens up even more time for Plums and IM at the 4. Dont know if he would get much time at the 3 with Danny and GG unless we have an injury!

CableKC
10-14-2012, 01:12 PM
They'll ask for Paul George.
Actually, they've had some interest in Granger. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him....they want vets that are more established to compete for the Playoffs.

But since I'm not sold on Derrick Williams being more of a SF than a PF....I'd pass.

hackashaq
10-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Actually, they've had some interest in Granger. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him....they want vets that are more established to compete for the Playoffs.

But since I'm not sold on Derrick Williams being more of a SF than a PF....I'd pass.

i remember those rumors (they were Granger for #2, or something along those lines), I wondered if there was anything to them back then, and still do.

what we heard this summer is that, A) they didn't want to give Williams for Batum (that's coming from their owner, who loves to be brutally honest with media), B) they offered him for Harden and for Charlotte's #2 (MKG?) in two separate deals, those were from espn 'sources' i think.

If those are true, their price is very high.

Re D-Will, i agree, he's a PF.

Brohan Cruyff
10-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Trade him for tyler that should work they need a great inside scorer with a high bball iq and great interior passing

That doesn't sound much like Tyler Hansbrough to me.

EDIT: I'm dumb, never mind.

oz_pacer
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
That doesn't sound much like Tyler Hansbrough to me.
Hence the green font

Brohan Cruyff
10-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Hence the green font

Ah, sorry. Not familiar with that. I take back my snark.

yoadknux
10-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd do Granger and Augustin for Rubio, Williams and a filler...

hackashaq
10-14-2012, 09:11 PM

that seems so one sided that we might as well ask for Love as the filler!

cgg
10-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Kevin Love is pretty good filler. His contract is big enough to match Granger's.

sportfireman
10-14-2012, 10:07 PM

TMI!!:confused:

spreedom
10-15-2012, 01:10 AM
LOL at people thinking Tyler and a bad pick gets us Williams.

Shame on those who are foolish to think that anything on our roster gets us Rubio. Open your eyes.

imbtyler
10-15-2012, 04:47 AM

Shame on those who are foolish to think that anything on our roster gets us Rubio. Open your eyes.

I think the point is, we're not getting Williams. The point is so obvious, in fact, that joking about getting Rubio and Williams for something like Granger and Augustin just screams, "THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN."

Lighten up, mate. Obviously, if Kahn was going to get rid of Rubio, he would have done it back when Ricky said he would play anywhere BUT Minnesota. We see how that turned out.

Sparhawk
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM

Just what imbtyler said. I wasn't serious at all. Tyler and a pick isn't going to net the Pacers anything. Tyler is completely worthless. I was just conveying that I would love to get Williams.

Trader Joe
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Minny and the Pacers are not great trade partners unless Minny goes belly up this year and we make a play for a disgruntled Kevin Love. Otherwise the teams are at similar points so not a whole lot of compatible trading pieces.

Mackey_Rose
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
If Tyler is going to have any trade value anywhere, it's in Minnesota. Kahn loves white boys more than Bird.

hackashaq
10-15-2012, 04:09 PM
it's hard to understand who's serious and who's not because there are so many serious bad trade ideas floating around.

pacers74
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The only way we could even have a chance to get Williams is give up PG. I don't think any of us want that, so lock this thread.