PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudamire to produce basketball documentary

Basketball Fan
10-12-2012, 12:24 AM
http://thegrio.com/2012/10/11/amare-stoudemire-to-executive-produce-basketball-documentary/

Amare Stoudemire to executive produce basketball documentary

It’s safe to say Amare Stoudemire is not just an All-Star basketball player. The NBA star is reportedly executive producing a basketball documentary “Little Ballers,” which focuses on four young athletes with hoop dreams. The New York Post reports hip-hop producer Timbaland and rapper Lupe Fiasco are also attached to the project.

Stoudemire’s offseason has been busy.

The New York Knicks veteran forward proposed to his longtime girlfriend Alexis Welch. He enrolled in the general studies program at the University of Miami. Stoudemire launched a children’s book series and even found time to make several appearances at New York Fashion Week.

TheGrio: 2012 NBA Playoff fashion labeled ‘geek chic’

The “Little Ballers” documentary is reportedly slated for release next year. Stoudemire is intimately familiar with the country’s AAU basketball circuit because he once was a part of it. The Phoenix Suns were so high on Stoudemire’s talent at a young age, they drafted him straight out of high school in 2002.

Stoudemire and the Knicks open the 2012-13 NBA season against the Brooklyn Nets on November 1.

Trader Joe
10-12-2012, 01:10 AM
"Stoudemire is intimately fmailiar with the country's AAU basketball circuit because he once was a part of it."

Gee no kidding? Then that makes just about every single kid who ever played high school basketball qualified to make a documentary.

Heisenberg
10-12-2012, 01:18 AM
"Stoudemire is intimately fmailiar with the country's AAU basketball circuit because he once was a part of it."

Gee no kidding? Then that makes just about every single kid who ever played high school basketball qualified to make a documentary.
C'mon, be a little fair. It's not like Stoudemire was one of us playing AAU. Guy was obviously a gigantic potential recruit that has a lot more intel than your average high school kid that plays AAU ball.

I don't have high hopes for it, but it could maybe be something.

Trader Joe
10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I was more mocking the writer than Amare.

Major Cold
10-13-2012, 06:32 PM
At least it isn't another failed rap album by a NBA thug. Not to say Rap is horrible. I would like to see a player in media, contribute more to the game, than how they "roll" and the lifestyle they live. This has WAAAAAY more interest to me than most of the crap that Shaq has done.

I mean it is a current NBA star tracking kids in AAU. At the very least it makes their day to meet him and have a little inspiration. I just hope none of them are next to a fire hydrant.
http://t.qkme.me/3p24ke.jpg