PDA

View Full Version : Does this team remind you of Doc Rivers "Heart N Hustle" Crew?

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 01:10 AM
I went through that season as a magic fan and it was always for those guys "Keep it close..have a chance to win in the end"...the only real "Star" they had was Darrell Armstrong...And I think the only real "Star" we might Have is jamaal tinsley! Right? Sure they had ben wallace but he was very very raw and doc didn't play him that well. They had shooters like Chucky atkins (james jones anyone?) fowards like Bo Outlaw, Michael Doleac (Harrison,Pollard?)...This team just really reminds me of them. They scrap and scrap to stay in games. That team missed the playoffs by 1 game! Atkins missed a 3 against millwaukee that would have clinched it! 41-41 they finished. Now Doc isn't as good a coach as rick (We saw that tuesday,lol) But i see us as that sort of team right now without our guns. They had garrity, we have croshere. We had troy hudson on that team (we have Eddie Gill)...It just makes me think of them..what do you guys think or compare our team to?

Peck
11-26-2004, 01:13 AM
Actually, that's a pretty good comparison. I had been using the 94 Pacers as somewhat of a role model but in all honesty they had more talent.

I think I will now switch my thinking to that Magic team as a guide.

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 04:32 AM
yeah...This team just reminded me so much of them it was amazing. I was like, damn I have seen this before somewhere...and then I pinpointed it. That was a fun season for us magic fans tho..it really was

Hicks
11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
It's a good comparison. I think our players are more talented though. Tinsley >Armstrong. Scot/Harrison > Outlaw/Doleac

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 04:54 PM
agreed...which is why I think we will steal a bunch of games against some teams! WATCH OUT SEATTLE!!!!!
there overrated anyways...