PDA

View Full Version : Gross!

Vicious Tyrant
11-25-2004, 11:39 PM
I just saw the photos from tonight's game.

GAK! I forgot how hideous those old uniforms were. I feel a little queasy even now....

Now I remember why I was so excited by the Flo-Jos when they first came out, btw they would still look great today. We went from the second worst uniform in the league (Second, of course, to the nauseating Nuggets old unis) to the best when those came out. Now.....eh.....

SjA3837
11-25-2004, 11:41 PM
I actually like these... lol

PacerFan31
11-25-2004, 11:41 PM
^ I like them also

Vicious Tyrant
11-25-2004, 11:45 PM
I can recommend a good phrenologist who can examine your heads, clearly there is some defect.

;)

Shade
11-26-2004, 12:03 AM
I like 'em. I can't wait to pick up a Reggie, and I really should get a JO (I only have Reggie jerseys right now).

ABADays
11-26-2004, 12:10 AM
I agree with you Vicious. One of the worst we ever had. The taste of the kids on this board tsk tsk tsk.

3Ball
11-26-2004, 12:13 AM
New Bball unis are still universally terrific compared to some of the monstrosities in the NFL lately. Have you seen the Bengals new duds?

ABADays
11-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Kids :mad:

psh, Im 19 :D

*cue music* Mommy wow, Im a big kid now"

Uhhhh - as I was saying.

Suaveness
11-26-2004, 02:44 AM
Actually, I liked them myself. I wish I had the money to get one though...

Peck
11-26-2004, 02:57 AM
Am I the only one who had flashbacks to Greg Drieling, Stuart Grey & Granville Waiters watching those unis?
I had to do a double take on James Jones cause I kept seeing Clark Kellogg.

Vicious Tyrant
11-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Peck, that's just what I thought when I saw those.

2 FOR STU! (My college rallying cry when my friends and I went to the games at Market Square)

Vicious Tyrant
11-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Ugh! I just read in this mornings Star where Reggie commented the pants are longer now. I forgot about that. As if the old ones weren't horrific enough, I forgot the little tights shorts the players used to where.

stipo
11-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Am I the only one who had flashbacks to Greg Drieling, Stuart Grey & Granville Waiters watching those unis?
I had to do a double take on James Jones cause I kept seeing Clark Kellogg.

Oh, yes! Greg Drieling and Stuart Grey, THE IVORY TOWERS! I believe it was David Benner who once made that remark (with tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

I would vote those uni's as the ugliest ones ever. We have to remember that the young guys who like 'em are probably sporting Brady-Bunch-white-man afros about now.

Merz
11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I thought they were nice, and I like how the white ones of the same style look on NBA 2K5.

But maybe because I never saw the team that wore those in the 80's I don't know. The team was wearing the Flo-Jos when I became a basketball fan.

stipo
11-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Reading this thread gave me an idea.... What if the Pistons had to wear THEIR old early eighties unis complete with the SHORT SHORTS for the remainder of the season?! They'd have to run around on the court like members of the Village People on their day off at the YMCA. Talk about punishment!! It would be brutal. And it would be equally embarrassing and/or sickening for their fans I'd think.
I think I'll write in this suggestion to the devils', er, I mean commishes office right away! ;)

ABADays
11-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Reading this thread gave me an idea.... What if the Pistons had to wear THEIR old early eighties unis complete with the SHORT SHORTS for the remainder of the season?! They'd have to run around on the court like members of the Village People on their day off at the YMCA. Talk about punishment!! It would be brutal. And it would be equally embarrassing and/or sickening for their fans I'd think.
I think I'll write in this suggestion to the devils', er, I mean commishes office right away! ;)

Some of us aren't crazy about the kilts they are wearing now either.

stipo
11-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Some of us aren't crazy about the kilts they are wearing now either.

True, maybe a compromise between the two would be nice. I remember when the unis started getting baggier and couldn't believe it, but now I look back and laugh pretty hard. Nowadays, I would think it would be pretty difficult to project a manly demeanor in those things!;)