PDA

View Full Version : How many passes did Pollard drop tonight?

McKeyFan
11-26-2004, 12:35 AM
I just saw the second half and he must have mishandled at least 5 or 6 passes--which could have been another 10 or 12 points.

I give him props for defending Garnett, but his offense his hard to watch.

P.S. Go Pacers! (Are we that good or was Minneapolis that bad?)

Outlaw
11-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Pollard does not have the best hands in the world. He seems to drop alot of passes.

By the way is it me or did KG not seem into the game as much as he normally is.:confused: I know his shoulder is hurting but he just did not seem to have the same enthusiasim he usually does. Maybe with JO not playing was kind of a let down for.:hmm:

SjA3837
11-26-2004, 12:43 AM
When they were down in the second quarter; when he was out of the game, he just didn't seem like he wanted to go back in there...

skyfire
11-26-2004, 12:45 AM
He couldn't goaltend Reggie's practice shots after the whistle had been blown so his heart wasn't in it.

Unclebuck
11-26-2004, 12:45 AM
I was all set to start a thread about how well Pollard has played the past two games, and how important he is right now. No, his hands aren't very good, but his importance is huge. He does so many little things to help a team. Picks, screens, tip balls, hustle.

So give Pollard some credit

SjA3837
11-26-2004, 12:47 AM
I was all set to start a thread about how well Pollard has played the past two games, and how important he is right now. No, his hands aren't very good, but his importance is huge. He does so many little things to help a team. Picks, screens, tip balls, hustle.

So give Pollard some credit
^^^^

ROCislandWarrior
11-26-2004, 12:48 AM
I am with UB. Pollard played very good tonight. His numbers don't do him justice and never will. This is the Pollard we thought we would be getting in exchange for Brad Miller.

Deadshot
11-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Tins did throw him some hard passes - but even the ref in the Boston game caught one :laugh:

(too bad he T'd him up)

BigMac
11-26-2004, 12:55 AM
To answer your original question-I can't remember one he dropped. All I remember is the Pacers won. That's all that is important and that's all I remember as a fan, especially with this team the way it plays. Play to win. Do what it takes to win. Everything else is unimportant and irrelevant. That's what coach's are for-to take care of any errors-none of which I can remember right now. Just the win, baby!

Arcadian
11-26-2004, 12:56 AM
I thought both Tins and Pollard were great. I'm not going to focus on a couple turnovers as their impact on the game.

Anyone could have told me Tins would throw a couple wild passes or Scot would drop a couple of passes and I wouldn't be surprised. But beating the Twolves that is surprising and remarkable. I love our team right now and am so happy there aren't 15 treads after a game talking about Artest's worth or distractions.

ABADays
11-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Good Lord. What do you want from the guy? Tins played a great game but there were 3 entry passes into the post that 3 different players had problems with. I thought Pollard was great tonight. You could also tell his back was bothering him a little tonight.

By the way, I just noticed it tonight. Watch his eyes when he is playing. He is enjoying like hell being a part of this. I'm really happy for the guy.

McKeyFan
11-26-2004, 01:04 AM
No, his hands aren't very good, but his importance is huge. He does so many little things to help a team. Picks, screens, tip balls, hustle.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. He does do some good things. But I do think he is an offensive liability, maybe more than Jeff.

Let me ask this question, which doesn't infer that Pollard fails to bring value while on the court: Does Harrison bring more value?

Personally, I think Harrison should have played more minutes tonight.

P.S. Guys, it wasn't a couple of passes. It really was five or six. Maybe even more.

canyoufeelit
11-26-2004, 01:09 AM
Both Pollard and Croshere have some serious intangibles

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 01:09 AM
Good Lord. What do you want from the guy? Tins played a great game but there were 3 entry passes into the post that 3 different players had problems with. I thought Pollard was great tonight. You could also tell his back was bothering him a little tonight.

By the way, I just noticed it tonight. Watch his eyes when he is playing. He is enjoying like hell being a part of this. I'm really happy for the guy.

I will take the 3 TOs Tins had along with his 20 PTS, 14 ASTS, 7 REB and 5 STLS. Almost a 5:1 asts/to ratio is great. Alot of these players aren't used to playing with Tins. They are still getting used to each other and building chemistry. The TOs will come down.

McKeyFan
11-26-2004, 01:13 AM
I saw Pollard hitting that mid range 17 footer. AS long as he can hit that, I dont see his as a offensive liability.

I only saw the second half. He didn't make any outside shots. He bricked about 4.

ABADays
11-26-2004, 01:13 AM
I was in no way complaining about Tins. He was great again.

3Ball
11-26-2004, 01:15 AM
How could a guy that pulls down that many rebounds have lousy hands? Maybe he's just in a constant state of surprise that anybody would pass the ball to him. In all those years with Sacramento, the only time he ever scored were on putbacks. Still, he picked a good time to find his way back into being a contributor.

ABADays
11-26-2004, 01:39 AM
I've said it 100 times. You need a guy like Pollard - especially in the locker room.

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 01:44 AM
I also loved the excitement and passion that Pollard showed during the game. So many NBA players approach the game as buisness as usual. But at one point tonight he was so pumped up that he let out a huge scream and really got the crowd into the game.

rabid
11-26-2004, 02:00 AM
Geez guys, I thought it was obvious that Pollard's back was really bothering him tonight. He was hobbling around during several possesions and at one point almost came out of the game. The fact that he dropped a few passes, some of which were questionable anyway, seems pretty damn picky in light of current events lol. I mean the guy had his highest scoring game as a Pacer tonight with 13 points. And we won the damn game! I'll take that...

Peck
11-26-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing. He does do some good things. But I do think he is an offensive liability, maybe more than Jeff.

Let me ask this question, which doesn't infer that Pollard fails to bring value while on the court: Does Harrison bring more value?

Personally, I think Harrison should have played more minutes tonight.

P.S. Guys, it wasn't a couple of passes. It really was five or six. Maybe even more.

1. I don't call him stonehands for nothing.

2. No way in hell is he a bigger liability on the offensive end than Jeff Foster.

3. While I love what Harrison brings & I think eventually he will be a good player he just didn't have it going on last night. What did he have maybe one rebound. He also bobbled his share of passes, several that Tins. put right in his paws.

4. While I think it's important that D.H. get min. Pollard was playing inspired ball last night. He played a great overall game.

Suaveness
11-26-2004, 03:54 AM
I loved how Pollard play tonight, and he showed a lot of toughness going with back that was without a doubt bothering him. I don't know what more you can ask from him. I think the number of mishandles is being exaggerated, it is probably nothing more than 2 or 3. And a lot of that was because of Tinsley's sharp passing. He did fine tonight, and I hope he continues to bring his energy.

able
11-26-2004, 06:27 AM
I was in the lucky circumstances that I could watch the game on tv last night, and I saw 1 pass Polly couldn't handle and that one was so hard I was amazed he got a finger on it.

I knew Tins could diss a ball at lightspeed, but that anyone would be stupid enough to attempt to catch it?

Polly is doing just that what we hoped he would do last year and he shows us time and time again that he is a real asset.
I for one am glad we kept him, hate to think where we'd be without him at the moment.
As for intangibles, the guy plays good defense, boxes out like a lion and is there when hustle play is called for, has a hand in the air continuous and hassles players into a lot of trouble.

Stone Hands? yeah perhaps, but 13 pts (including 1 FT) is nothing to be ashamed of for a guy who is playing hurt. adding 4 reb. 2 ast, 3 st and a block doesn't go near showing what he did.

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 07:20 AM
god the TO's tonight almost shot us in the foot! and missed ft's by tinse man! sucked...but we won...so all is well in the world :)

able
11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
god the TO's tonight almost shot us in the foot! and missed ft's by tinse man! sucked...but we won...so all is well in the world :)

Do you ever think/lookup before you say anything ?

we had a grand total of 17 TO's
5 by Cro
3 by FJ JT and Polly
2 by Harrison
and a few singles.

Tinsley's ast rate for the game: 1 - 4.66
this would be 3d in the avg for the season if he did that every night.

Consider that at best he's playing with 2 players he's on the floor with for a little time regularly (normal circumstances) that the offensive sets are made up on the fly, then with the number of Asts he dished out he has done anything but "nearly" cost us the match, add to that the rst of his "work" and you should be carefull in what you say.

Polly's stat line more then forgives his TO's and his work throughout the game even more.

TO's didn't nearly kill us.

Gyron
11-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Just for the record, the reason pollard was on the floor more during the second half was that Carslise said during half time that they believed Garnett would come out harder and more intense and he asked Pollard and Harrison which one wanted to take him on. Pollard stood up and said I've been playing against him the longest in the league and I think I might be the better option from the experience. Carslise agreed and thats why pollard got more minutes in the second half against Garnett.

Thats paraphrased but they said basically that right after half time on TNT last night.

Hicks
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I think you're being too hard on JO7, able. TOs nearly did kill us. Not for the sum of them, but the timing. Like the one with seconds left when gave them the ball back underneath their own basket, with only a 4 pt lead. His point is valid.

Mourning
11-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Geez guys, I thought it was obvious that Pollard's back was really bothering him tonight. He was hobbling around during several possesions and at one point almost came out of the game. The fact that he dropped a few passes, some of which were questionable anyway, seems pretty damn picky in light of current events lol. I mean the guy had his highest scoring game as a Pacer tonight with 13 points. And we won the damn game! I'll take that...

Exactly!!!