PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Real Training Camp on NBATV

Pacer Fan
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Indiana Pacers will be on NBATV

Saturday Oct. 6th at 10:30AM to 1:00PM

There are several repeat times there after.

Also, NBATV are showing other teams camps and are showing exhibition games!

Have Fun, the time is nearing!!!

Hicks
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Well, it figures they finally do something like that the year I finally drop NBATV. :sigh:

Do they later post these on nba.com? They often do for other NBATV content.

Unclebuck
10-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I watched the New Orleans Hornnets Real Training camp last night and came away extremely impressed with Monte Williams as a coach. He's good

Speed
10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Do we have confirmation on the time MG on his show yesterday said 1pm saturday, my Brighthouse DVR says 5pm or something, nba.com showed later in the evening, i think...

Strummer
10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I've got NBA TV with comcast. Same time zone as Indy. The onscreen tv listing shows the Pacers as follows:

5 pm to 7:30 pm (listed as Repeat 150 minutes)
9 pm to 10:30 pm (listed as Repeat but only 90 minutes instead of 150 minutes)

The originally listed 10:30 am to 1 pm listing is gone. Those slots now have Open Court at 10:30 followed by a Boston - Turkey exhibition at 11:30 (repeat). When I checked yesterday it had the Pacers listed.

It looks like it might still be up in the air.

KennerLeaguer
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Indiana Pacers will be on NBATV

Saturday Oct. 6th at 10:30AM to 1:00PM

There are several repeat times there after.

Also, NBATV are showing other teams camps and are showing exhibition games!

Have Fun, the time is nearing!!!

Thanks for posting this info.

tora tora
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
It's showing from 7:30 to 9:00 pm isn't it?

naptownmenace
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow! I was hoping that they would follow the Pacers this year. Id rather watch this than any of their pre-season games. You can really learn so much more about an individual player from a practice. For example you get to see who is struggling with picking up the plays and who the true leaders of the team are.

I remember watching the Lakers a couple of seasons ago and was really impressed with how hard the coaches were pushing the players. Phil Jackson was a great coach and he was very meticulous about where a player needed to be on offense and defense. I'd watch a play thinking it was executed perfectly and Phil would stop them and point out how much better it would be if they rotated faster or were in a different spot on the floor. It was also cool seeing the other players really yelling out instructions and cheering each other on.

CAN'T WAIT!

Unclebuck
10-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Appears maybe they have changed the schedule. Now first on from 5:00 PM to 7:30PM. Shown again at 9:00 and again at 1:00 AM. But note the first showing is 2.5 hours long the other showings are 1.5 so if you are setting your DVR, I would record the 5-7:30. Not sure what they are cuting out for the later airings.

If you click on the link be sure to click on the correct day - Saturday

http://www.nba.com/nbatv/schedule/

Speed
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Brighthouse shows it on from 7:30 - 9, then replayed 1 am - 2:30 am....

Hoop
10-05-2012, 04:35 PM
DirecTV shows the same.

Edit: now DTV has it from 5:00pm to 7:30pm

Strummer
10-05-2012, 04:41 PM

You better hope that's not right, because it would mean you don't get the full 2.5 hour version.

Right now I'm betting the full version is at 5 pm. But I'll be watching at 10:30 am too just in case.

MvPlumlee
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I was just thinking, typical for the NBA to cover a lottery team like the Hornets cuz they have that 1 player with supertalent on their team instead of a not true contender team :D

Pacer Fan
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Yea, My DVR auto changed from 10:30AM - 1:00 PM to 5:00PM - 7:30PM

So, even tho the time changed, my recording is still set.

I will be keeping an eye on it Saturday as I don't want to miss the first showing and miss out on the extra hour it has.

Thanks to all for recognizing the NBATV schedule change.

Sandman21
10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Austin Croshere ‏@AustinCroshere

Tune in to @nbatv tomorrow at 1pm. I will analyze @pacers training camp along with host @vince_cellini.
Expand

Retweeted
Favorite

Unclebuck
10-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking, typical for the NBA to cover a lottery team like the Hornets cuz they have that 1 player with supertalent on their team instead of a not true contender team :D

They cover which ever team will allow the access. They mic the head coach and a couple of players. Most teams don't allow that kind of access

Hoop
10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Direct TV has it from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM now. It's been kinda crazy the time has changed 3 times.

MvPlumlee
10-05-2012, 10:57 PM
They cover which ever team will allow the access. They mic the head coach and a couple of players. Most teams don't allow that kind of access

I see. Thank u UB and thank you Frank. I love watching Pacers practice :D

rock747
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I was kind of hoping it would air 10:30 to 1... get to catch it before I head to work! So is there a conclusive time set?

pizza guy
10-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Big thanks for posting this. I would've never known, but now I've got the DVR set and I'm excited for this. Not being very close to Indy, I've never been able to see the team practice or anything like that. I can't wait to see this. This team definitely has me hungry for every little bit of basketball I can get.

imbtyler
10-06-2012, 12:27 AM
I can't wait to see how Paul, Gerald, Lance, Miles, and OJ look on the court!!

Also, it was reported that Fan Jam will be October 28th.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Wishing my League Pass Broadband subscription allowed me to watch NBATV! I'd gladly pay extra for it, too bad the licensing is so complicated.

Just read this about today's camp. Trying to temper my excitement, but enjoying all the good local press:

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/10/5/3463038/pacers-training-camp-pacers-compete-to-win-in-scrimmage

Strummer
10-06-2012, 11:44 AM
In case anyone is wondering, it was NOT on at 10:30 am.

I'm still expecting the full show at 5:00 pm. After that all the repeat broadcasts are cut down by 40%.

Pacerfan
10-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Pacers just tweeted it will be on Pacers.com at 1.

And on NBAtv at 5.

Strummer
10-06-2012, 12:22 PM

And on NBAtv at 5.

Hmmm, Pacers.com says that's a live stream. I assumed it was going to be a tape from yesterdays practices/scrimmages. Hmmmm.

Heisenberg
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing that'll be on NBATV later but Pacers.com is streaming practice RIGHT NOW

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-training-camp-streaming-live

I'm not sure they know the mics are hot yet lol

Hicks
10-06-2012, 01:02 PM

And on NBAtv at 5.

Wow! Thanks! Good timing for me; I had no idea and I have time now to sit here and watch live on pacers.com.

Hicks
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Apparently what they're running right now on 3 half courts was referred to as a skeleton of the offense, and I noticed one of the first things they did was feed the high post, who then feeds the low post on the same side of the floor. Not a bad way to get it to Roy when defenses lock down the low block; typically when they do that it's easier to feed the high post, who can then more easily feed the low post, or if the defense over commits find an open shooter.

rock747
10-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up... watching now...

Strummer
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Getting impatient. But I'm still hoping Frank doesn't cut practice short like he said he might. Why would he cut practice short? Unless they're planning to fill the 2.5 hours with footage of last nights scrimmage. That would be ok with me.

Hicks
10-06-2012, 01:32 PM
"We're going to listen in now to Roy Hibbert..."

*Roy walks behind basket, saying nothing. He stands here. He takes a gulp of water. He stands there. He says nothing. He starts to walk back, the audio mutes for a second, he keeps walking*

Roy, "Pardon my language." Then says nothing. Then keeps walking.

:laugh:

"Damn good television," Bruce Wayne.

Strummer
10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
"We're going to listen in now to Roy Hibbert..."

*Roy walks behind basket, saying nothing. He stands here. He takes a gulp of water. He stands there. He says nothing. He starts to walk back, the audio mutes for a second, he keeps walking*

Roy, "Pardon my language." Then says nothing. Then keeps walking.

:laugh:

"Damn good television," Bruce Wayne.

Yeah, I wish this wasn't live. Too much filler and stretching. Then when they start to play they break for commercials. Frustrating.

Johanvil
10-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Hahaha as soon as they switched the mic on Hibbert,Roy never uttered a word.

Hicks
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm kind of hating whomever is producing/directing this coverage. While Austin talks about a guy who is standing around, you can see glimpses/hear off screen the others going through drills I'd be interested in watching. Frustrating. If we're not actually going to watch them go at it on the floor, what's the point of this? You could interview Austin Croshere any time.

Major Cold
10-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I hate watching guys stand in line while Croshere talks about them.

Psyren
10-06-2012, 01:39 PM
This is a snore fest.

Time to turn it off. What awful coverage.

rock747
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow... great footage of Roy Hibbert from a little bit earlier to go into a commercial. A few grunts and puffs as Roy misses a post move badly...

Heisenberg
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Cut to Roy huffing and puffing and airballing a bunny. That was awesome.

Heisenberg
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
They're running 5 on 5 drills and just showing nothing but Plumlee standing on the baseline while Croshere talks him up

rock747
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I wonder if Vogel and Hibbert consciously think about giving them good sound bytes. ha.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, I guess now we know why it's only an hour and a half when it airs later...they cut out all the nothing happening.

Though it sounds like sometimes there is something happening, they just aren't showing it. :(

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Who did Vogel just call a travel on? "I saw you do it on tape the other day too," he says.

Hilarious.

Major Cold
10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Vogel just said that Gerald Green is averaging 80% from three. Lance gave up two shots.

PGisthefuture
10-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Haven't seen Gerald Green miss a shot yet.

Major Cold
10-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Who did Vogel just call a travel on? "I saw you do it on tape the other day too," he says.

Hilarious.

It was Gerald. I found it hilarious. Calling traveling on a NBA in training camp, noting he saw him do it on tape the night before.

Gold
10-06-2012, 02:21 PM
This is a drill I actually want to see and they're still interviewing...

sigh..

EDIT: they cut back to it! thank you. lol.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Banners and Austin, banners and Austin, small snippet from earlier in practice, Austin. 10 seconds of players practicing, graphics and footage from last year. More talking with Austin, more graphics from last year....

MORE players!

CableKC
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I like how it's a Pacers Training camp show and they are talking about Miami :rolleyes:

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
"That's part Tyler's fault for not passing, and part your fault for not stretching." - Vogel to Lance.

Strummer
10-06-2012, 02:40 PM
It's like they think basketball is boring. I wonder who they think their audience is. I'd rather listen to people talk about what we're seeing on the floor than all this production stuff they've prepared. Like tell me who's shooting and rebounding and screening. You know, basketball stuff.

And if they minimize the screen again so they can show us our record for the past five years. grrrrr.

Strummer
10-06-2012, 02:44 PM
And now they're replaying boring talk from earlier.

Major Cold
10-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Drinking game. Everytime Vogel says "mmkay". take a drink.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Nice to get this extended listen to Frank. He's covering a lot of ground.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:47 PM
And now they're replaying boring talk from earlier.

This is a lot better than listening to Austin and the NBATV guy talk. We actually get to hear what Frank is trying to teach.

Strummer
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
This is a lot better than listening to Austin and the NBATV guy talk. We actually get to hear what Frank is trying to teach.

Except we already heard all this at the beginning of the broadcast. You probably weren't watching yet.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Except we already heard all this at the beginning of the broadcast. You probably weren't watching yet.

Nope, I missed the start. That is a bummer for those who have been watching the whole time!

PGisthefuture
10-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I guess I kinda knew what to expect from watching the Hornets one yesterday. I wish it was more footage of the team though.

gummy
10-06-2012, 02:59 PM
PG just hit a beautiful turn around J.

righteouscool
10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Finally, some cool stuff happens in practice.... "we're going to step away."

Whoever is directing this should perhaps find another line of work. The people watching basketball practices in October want to see basketball, not fluff pieces.

rock747
10-06-2012, 03:11 PM
They better show the 12 minute scrimmage..

Strummer
10-06-2012, 03:12 PM
This is like a spoof of how to cover an NBA practice.

gummy
10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Now they are wrapping up - with commentators front and center again with guys going in and out of the frame in the background.

There were some good bits, but this was a mostly frustrating experience.

righteouscool
10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
You can not be serious.... They don't even show the scrimmage. Wow, I wish I didn't just waste 3 hours of time for that.

gummy
10-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Any chance they edit it in a better way for the 1.5 hr version? Swap in some of the commentator footage with stuff from the cameras on the court?

They'd probably sooner cut court stuff to make room for the talky talk, huh?

:(

Psyren
10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
That broadcast was an absolute disaster

imawhat
10-06-2012, 03:28 PM
In my 4 years of watching every team's training camp coverage, this was by far the worst coverage I've seen.

It's been said but I'll say it again. I'm watching training camp coverage on a Saturday, so I am probably a die-hard basketball fan. I want to see practice footage, not graphics of Division standings, flopping fines, banners, Croshere, etc. I enjoyed it but it could've been a lot better. That was 80% style, 20% substance.

Lurkster
10-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Even hearing Frank twice is better than hearing Austin. So far he's already said that DJ could push for time with the first unit, causing Darren Collison to slide over to the 2....and he's confused George Hill with Paul George. And I'm still in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast on my DVR. Embarrassing that one of our own broadcasters doesn't know the team (or sucks at broadcasting)

Strummer
10-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Even hearing Frank twice is better than hearing Austin. So far he's already said that DJ could push for time with the first unit, causing Darren Collison to slide over to the 2....and he's confused George Hill with Paul George. And I'm still in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast on my DVR. Embarrassing that one of our own broadcasters doesn't know the team (or sucks at broadcasting)

I didn't listen much to Austin and the other guy. I was too busy trying to peer around their heads to try and see some of the practice. If you're still in the first 30 minutes then you probably haven't lost all hope yet. It'll happen. And then when they run Franks piece for the second time when you could be watching live action you'll change your tune. :)

Gold
10-06-2012, 08:02 PM
In my 4 years of watching every team's training camp coverage, this was by far the worst coverage I've seen.

It's been said but I'll say it again. I'm watching training camp coverage on a Saturday, so I am probably a die-hard basketball fan. I want to see practice footage, not graphics of Division standings, flopping fines, banners, Croshere, etc. I enjoyed it but it could've been a lot better. That was 80% style, 20% substance.

It was like watching some kind of 2 hour pregame.

Lurkster
10-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I didn't listen much to Austin and the other guy. I was too busy trying to peer around their heads to try and see some of the practice. If you're still in the first 30 minutes then you probably haven't lost all hope yet. It'll happen. And then when they run Franks piece for the second time when you could be watching live action you'll change your tune. :)

I'm done with it the whole thing now. The broadcast was bad enough that I was just happy to be able to use my fastforward button when Frank came on the second time. I agree with your sentiment, they shouldn't have shown his talk twice and could have given us some quality live action..but the coverage has been so subpar that I can't convince myself that quality coverage would have replaced Frank's repeat talk.

All that being said, I'm very excited to see any of this sort of coverage on NBATV, so it was still worth it. Having some buzz around the team again is great. Thanks again to the OP for bringing the show to our attention.

Hicks
10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Well, hey, a little later on all 82 games will be on TV. We've waited 4.5 months, we can wait a little longer. Plus a couple of TV preseason games, I think.

DieHard
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Please forgive me for being off topic, but does anyone know if League Pass airs the preseason games? I will be subscribing this year for the first time and will order it this weekend if they do. Thanks.

imawhat
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
It's just one shot, but man did Lance's form look exponentially better on that made three. Perfect arc, good release, everything. It was noticeably different.

MvPlumlee
10-07-2012, 01:02 AM
They call that Real Training Camp?

More like Real Talk Show with basketball commercials.

Thank God Dallas was playing and I could switch from time to time or I would have eaten my Croshere jersey...

LoneGranger33
10-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Please forgive me for being off topic, but does anyone know if League Pass airs the preseason games? I will be subscribing this year for the first time and will order it this weekend if they do. Thanks.

Sadly, they do not.

pizza guy
10-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I suppose I agree that there could have been more actual footage of the practice, but I still enjoyed the whole thing. Got me excited for real basketball. Pretty cool to see what types of things we're working on and what Frank is really trying to drive into these guys.

imbtyler
10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
As a graduate of film school, and a filmmaker, it seems as though I could have directed that better. I got excited during some parts, just to be let down right after. It was clearly an opportunity for picture-in-picture, proper multi-camera shots, and audio voiceover. Anyway, it did succeed in getting me hyped for the season. And I understand that a friend of mine is getting excited as well after watching the feature on NBATV; apparently for the first time since around 2008. Which is awesome, because we've snagged a casual fan!

OakMoses
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
They have in the past, but sometimes the coverage is pretty sketchy and doesn't even show up on the TV schedule until slightly before gametime.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Unclebuck
10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
That was frustrating. There were bits and pieces that we informative but then they would break away.

I enjoyed the one blockout drill and the basic halfcourt defense drill, when the players on the weakside as the ball was swung to their side had to first be in full help position before they went back to their man.

Also hearing Frank was interesting.

Sparhawk
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I watched like half of this and most of it FF trying to get to some scrimmaging only to find out there would be no scrimmage.

WTF

Pacers, I know you want to get your name out there, but don't be so freaking dull trying to do it. Be exciting. Show us some scrimmage!

Hicks
10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I watched like half of this and most of it FF trying to get to some scrimmaging only to find out there would be no scrimmage.

WTF

Pacers, I know you want to get your name out there, but don't be so freaking dull trying to do it. Be exciting. Show us some scrimmage!

Should you be telling the Pacers, or NBATV?

Speed
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I've watched may 20-30 mins or so, so far. Only thing I saw of note, player wise, was when the 2nd unit was running the slowed down 'skeleton' offense, Tyler finished with his left hand. So there's that. I also thought Tyler looked buff, even bigger than in recent history. I thought Lance looked wider across the back too. Sam Young is legit NBA wing sized, which I knew, but was reminded of.

I also liked the action in the different sets, alot of screen the screener going on, which is always a favorite of mine. I liked how Frank emphasized the detailed stuff and it was things that were right on target, like spacing on the break, not going for low percentage steals, etc. I liked the weakside action in most of the sets, I couldn't stand with BRush would stand in the corner, back in the day. Frank talked about attacking the pick n roll by the ball handler and making the defense fully commit, big deal to me. Alot of time players have the motions down for a set, but won't 'sell' the other options because its designed to take advantage of a sagging defense/weakside help, sometimes its lost what is need to put the defense in that recover mode, in the first place.

I liked what I've seen so far, not action packed, but it shows that the staff really knows what they are doing. It's easy for me, historically, to look at some of the bad basic fundamental basketball plays that you see sometimes in the NBA and blame the coaches. Not the case here, imo.

Scrimmages are fine and ya I like them, but really thats what games are about, seeing the competition. I like watching practice for the little nuances, I like watching the NBA Combine too, though, so it's all what you expect, I guess.

Edit for more: Frank talked about closing out on defensively on great 3 point shooters, like 'Gerald Green and Ahearn', which was kinda cool to mention them as examples.

He also talked about moving players under the rim when rebounding an offensive free throw, he goes think Milsap, Boozer, and -cant remember the 3rd guy, maybe Noah-<SOMEONE else>.

For defensive FTs, he said teams miss 6 FTs a game on average against them and they can control that with fundamental techniques that they get those rebounds. He said they are like 50/50 balls in there eyes and they should get all of them. I felt like shedding a tear, that was such a basic, yet profound, teaching moment. I can't stand when guys don't box out on FTs, neither can Frank evidently. Love the attention to details by this staff, very nice, those little things add up at the end of a game and season.

Strummer
10-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Now why didn't they hire you to do analysis during the broadcast? That's what I wanted. Someone to tell me what was going on.

I was also at a disadvantage because I don't have a DVR. I only got one shot at figuring out what what happening. Like when they were playing defender roulette and Frank chastised Lance for not going strong against West. At some point I figured out what was happening. But by then it was too late to appreciate. I would have liked to have been able to go back and review it after I realized what was happening. Or they could have just had the analyst explain what was going on in the first place.

When I found out they were streaming it live at 1 and then broadcasting at 5 pm I was excited. I thought I'd watch it live and then again at 5 to pick up on the things I missed. But it was so frustrating to watch the first time that I didn't want anything to do with the second broadcast. It was sooooooo disappointing.

He also talked about moving players under the rim when rebounding an offensive free throw, he goes think Milsap, Boozer, and -cant remember the 3rd guy, maybe Noah-<SOMEONE else>.

I'm pretty sure the other player he mentioned was Cousins.

RandyWrinkles
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
This is kind of related. I was able to attend an event where Pritchard spoke last week. I asked him if we'd be signing any of the free agents in from camp and he said yeah. I asked "Sam Young?" and he shook his head yes as if there was no question. Not really a surprise but more of confirmation to a lot of people here.

He also said when they drafted Plumlee, they didn't expect him to break the rotation for a year or two. Nothing surprising either but the way he spoke about him didn't help convince me of the pick.

Speed
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
My take on Plumlee is he'll be what a bunch of other back up centers are who have long careers in the NBA, playable. How's that for a ringing endorsement.

There is some variance among these types, here's a list and some are even starters, but it's in perfect situations.

Joel Anthony
Cole Aldrich
Kwame Brown
Matt Bonner
Jon Brockman
Nick Collison
Jason Collins
Dasgana Diop
Dan Gadzuric
Fez
Aaron Gray
Nazr Mohammed
Zaza Puchulia
Joel Pryzbilla

Some guys have some unique single skills like Bonner and his 3 pt shot, but most are really just solid back up centers, imo.

It's in support of the argument that you can get these guys without spending a first rounder on them, but you could also think its cheaper to get a guy on a 4-5 years rookie scale who can do the same thing. Not a sizzle first round pick, but it serves a need, I guess. Maybe you could argue it saved a couple of million a year that you used to sign Gerald Green or Augustin, too.

Naptown_Seth
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Like when they were playing defender roulette and Frank chastised Lance for not going strong against West.
I believe this is referred to as the "moon" drill due to the 4 players rotating in musical chairs fashion. It was pretty funny that Lance took it a bit soft when West was in front of him when Shaw put up the shot.

Production was awful. I know it's live, but so is every freaking NBA game. So you have to cut a comment short to get something, or you have to go to replay 15 minutes later to show on-court stuff you missed, but you still have an idea of what you are going to get and should have planned to only add color as necessary to keep things moving.

Imagine watching a Pacers game where Quinn insists on talking about something with the camera on him during the entire 2nd quarter of the game, just because. That's what this was like. No one could prep AC and whats-his-name that when things picked back up they would break out of it to pick up footage? And when you went to the Roy replay it's just a huff and a missed shot rather than any of the myriad of things you could kind of hear him saying in the background when AC was talking?

Sparhawk
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
This is kind of related. I was able to attend an event where Pritchard spoke last week. I asked him if we'd be signing any of the free agents in from camp and he said yeah. I asked "Sam Young?" and he shook his head yes as if there was no question. Not really a surprise but more of confirmation to a lot of people here.

He also said when they drafted Plumlee, they didn't expect him to break the rotation for a year or two. Nothing surprising either but the way he spoke about him didn't help convince me of the pick.

What the ***** about Plumlee. Then draft PJIII then. Someone with talent. Even if you don't want PJIII, his talent alone could be traded more than Plumlee's value.

cjdefur
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
What the ***** about Plumlee. Then draft PJIII then. Someone with talent. Even if you don't want PJIII, his talent alone could be traded more than Plumlee's value.

No one wanted to draft PJIII because doctors gave him 3-4 years before his knees give out and his career is over. He definitely has talent, but he disappeared in his sophomore year and his NBA career appears to be one that won't last.

imawhat
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Just a general thought from watching the program and reading all of the training camp articles: this team finally has a clear-cut pecking order, which is extremely important for leadership/chemistry. There are no controversies about who the starters are, or even the bench players. Expectations that Plumlee and Orlando will not be playing much are pretty clear.

It's nice to have defined roles and it seems like we've made a lot of progress in that area.

Major Cold
10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Just a general thought from watching the program and reading all of the training camp articles: this team finally has a clear-cut pecking order, which is extremely important for leadership/chemistry. There are no controversies about who the starters are, or even the bench players. Expectations that Plumlee and Orlando will not be playing much are pretty clear.

It's nice to have defined roles and it seems like we've made a lot of progress in that area.

Late 1st rounders and 2nd rounders should not be playing on a team that is striving to win the division.