PDA

View Full Version : 3pters and this team.

PaceBalls
11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Are they really that good at hitting all those 3s? If so, Just wait till Reggie gets back in form. I kinda think they are getting lucky, but hey they are winning games.

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is the best PG in the league right now :p

Deadshot
11-26-2004, 12:17 AM
They all seem to be nailing them. Some of the shots and moves that James is pulling off on the court remind me of a healthy Reggie!!

FiestyFosterFanatic
11-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I don't think James Jones and Austin Croshere's are luck. Fred Jones is looking good this year, kinda streaky, same with Tinsley.

Bball
11-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Tinsley was kind of a mixed bag tonight. He had a few question passes and that foul at the end (tho it was a bit ticky tack).

-Bball

Outlaw
11-26-2004, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=vapacersfan]I do think we may be taking to many threes, but as long as they are going in and we are winning I dont mind.

That is the one thing that bothers me is that we're falling in love with the 3ball too much and not going to the basket and drawing fouls. Despite tonights performance we are a good free throw shooting team.http://forums.pacersdigest.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

RA231
11-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Are they really that good at hitting all those 3s? If so, Just wait till Reggie gets back in form. I kinda think they are getting lucky, but hey they are winning games.

Also, Jamaal Tinsley is the best PG in the league right now :p

I think hes 2nd behind Nash IMO.

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Even before the suspensions we were still averaging around 17 3 pt attemps per game. And we are hitting at 38% (which will go up a bit after tonight's performance). So I say go with it as long as they aren't forced or bad shots. I think that the 3 pt shot is open for us right now because of Tinsley's penetration. He is being so aggressive with the penetration that someone has to come off their man to help in the lane. Leaving someone an open look at the 3. And the more 3's we hit, it will open the lane back up for Tins.

ROCislandWarrior
11-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Tonight I thought I was watching the Seattle Supersonics when we were on O.

This team has no low post presence w/o JO and Ron. But our guys can fill it up. Just to think, last year we were all complaining that we had NO outside shooting. Now we have too much.

3Ball
11-26-2004, 12:21 PM
I think hes 2nd behind Nash IMO.

Hard not to agree. Here is the primary competition:

Steve Nash
PPG 16.7
RPG 3.30
APG 11.7
EFF + 24.08
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(11.7)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.585)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists(140.0)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover(3.26)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Double-doubles(6.0)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(24.08)
Ranks #9 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.58)

Stephon Marbury
PPG 19.8
RPG 2.80
APG 8.8
EFF + 22.18
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(8.8)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Assists(97.0)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Double-doubles(6.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes(11.1)

Jamaal Tinsley
PPG 11.7
RPG 4.10
APG 8.1
EFF + 16.80
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(8.1)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.8)

But in a way, it makes what he's been the last few games all the more amazing...

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Statiscally Tinsley is not going to be the best PG in the league right now. But there is not a player in the league right now that is more important to their team than Tinsley is to these Pacers. I think that he will continue to rise to the challenge.

Also, after last night's game Tins moved up to 1st in the league in steals per game. He is now averaging 3.0 steals/game.

Grant
11-26-2004, 04:24 PM
A lot of it depends on how you are taking the shots. If you have 5 guys standing around the arc, its bad. If you have a lot of driving and dishing its great.

The team has really altered its style to fit the personnel. Nobody in this group really posts up well, but they do have some spot up shooters (Cro, JJ) and a couple of guys who can drive and dish (Tins, Freddie). So they have been driving and dishing. The bigger guys seem to pick and roll better than post up (though Harrison has a potential post up game) so they have been picking and rolling.

The defense has played some zone, which helps with players that have not played together a lot and it helps conserve energy for a short handed squad.

For all the times you hear about RC being inflexible, it sure doesn't seem to be the case.