PDA

View Full Version : Good for team?

pacerDU
11-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Forgive me if this has already been discusssed:

Trying not to getting ahead of things, but could the suspensions be a good thing long term? After the latest win, the reserves are getting the chance for major minutes and the abilty to improve their games. How many reserves get that chance?

When Jermaine and Jax return in January (hopefully those suspensions will be reduced), these guys will be very strong supporting players. As long as they continue to play as a team when those guys return, it might actually make the team stronger?

What do you guys think?

ps: I wish Jon wasn't injured - this would have been a great chance for him!

Outlaw
11-26-2004, 12:21 AM
I have thought of that also. I believe the experience coupled with the fact all of our top players being injured or suspended will not be worn down come time for the playoffs. They will be alot fresher and hopfully not as banged up due to the wear and tear of an 82 game schedule.http://forums.pacersdigest.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Minus Artest of coursehttp://forums.pacersdigest.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Vicious Tyrant
11-26-2004, 12:25 AM
I think that the positives that could come out of this are 1) some well-rested (if a little rusty) players, and 2) a more galvanized TEAM.

Maybe even some of that elusive "toughness" - at least in people's perception.

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
The experience that players like Harrison, JJones, FJones, Pollard, etc are getting due to these suspensions can only serve to benefit the Pacers team later in the year. Tonight's win was a close, hard fought game that should give these guys a lot of confidence. When Minn. tried to made a run, they kept it together and had an answer. When Minn. started to make it close near the end, they made the big FTs, did a good job of taking care of the ball, guarded the 3 pt line well and just played smart ball. They have close game experience to build on.

And they proved they can play against teams in the upper ranks of the league and against those teams' superstar players.

pacerDU
11-26-2004, 12:28 AM
Good point about the playoffs Outlaw. Hopefully Artest's suspension can be reduced a bit also, so that he might play in the playoffs.

The thing is, When JO and Jax get back, plenty of the season is still left, which gives them ample time to get back into the flow.

Here's hoping the guys can keep playing well!

ABADays
11-26-2004, 01:07 AM
This team is going to be awfully tough to beat. The confidence throughout this team has to be enormous.

ROCislandWarrior
11-26-2004, 01:11 AM
The Bad: There is no way we will win the #1 spot in the East this year unless Detroit and Miami have their own misfortunes. The road to the title will NOT go through Indy this year.

3Ball
11-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Here's a little something. If my math is right, we only have to win 13 games between now and when JO returns to be at .500. Here are some of the teams we play between now and then...
Fri 26 Charlotte
Wed 1 @ L.A. Clippers
Sat 4 @ Golden State
Tue 7 Milwaukee
Fri 10 @ Milwaukee
Tue 14 @ Atlanta
Sat 18 @ Chicago
Mon 27 New Orleans
Wed 29 @ Charlotte
Thu 30 @ New Jersey
Tue 4 Milwaukee
Sat 15 Orlando
Wed 19 @ New Orleans
Sat 22 Washington
Wed 26 @ Boston

ABADays
11-26-2004, 01:42 AM
I guarantee NOBODY will want any part of this team in the playoffs.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-26-2004, 01:58 AM
I guarantee NOBODY will want any part of this team in the playoffs.
Quite right.

blanket
11-26-2004, 02:02 AM
my only worry is if Tins goes down between now and mid-January. then the whole ship might go down.

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 02:06 AM
lol no one wants to mess with indy right now...a team that has been pushed into a corner worse than a small dog being attacked and now it's fighting it's way out...
I love it!

sweabs
11-26-2004, 02:07 AM
my only worry is if Tins goes down between now and mid-January. then the whole ship might go down.

The way Tinsley is playing reminds me of Chauncey Billups under Carlisle. Rick is letting him do things at will - and Tinsley is showing he can perform.

BigMac
11-26-2004, 11:30 AM
lol no one wants to mess with indy right now...a team that has been pushed into a corner worse than a small dog being attacked and now it's fighting it's way out...
I love it!

Your best post yet.

Make it an injured dog and that's what I see in this team.

MistyRo76
11-26-2004, 02:13 PM
We will get Jax and JO back in plenty of time to get the team chemistry back. Plus they can still practice with the team, so they shouldn't be too rusty. Although, Ihave to say that if Ron doesn't play the whole regular season but is then allowed to come back for the playoff, i think that would be detrimental to the team chemistry. You can't be out for the whole season and then expect to come back during the most crucial part of the season and have everyone gel right away.

cariocapacer
11-26-2004, 04:26 PM
I think this incident will unify the TEAM. It will be the Pacers against the world. IF they get everybody (including Ron) back for the playoffs - watch out world.