PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass/Comcast

threein73
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I live in the Atlanta area and was a long time LP subscriber via Directv. Due to tree growth (i am backed up to woods), I have had to switch to Comcast, especially to finally get HD. Anyway, I am having a tough time finding out when I can subscribe to LP with Comcast. I know it is available (or i would not have made the switch!), but so far I have been unable to sign up. A customer service rep just kept telling me it is available October 30th, which of course I know is when the season starts, but I am sure folks can sign up in advance. I want to sign up and at the early bird price(179)
. Also, in years past I was also able to get preseason games via LP. Can anyone give me the scoop on League Pass with Comcast (xfinity)?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Derek2k3
10-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Eventually it'll open up, but it'll likely sometime 10-14 days before the season starts. I'd just keep checking, you'll definitely be able to get it set up before the season, don't worry at all.

Sparhawk
10-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I live in the Atlanta area and was a long time LP subscriber via Directv. Due to tree growth (i am backed up to woods), I have had to switch to Comcast, especially to finally get HD. Anyway, I am having a tough time finding out when I can subscribe to LP with Comcast. I know it is available (or i would not have made the switch!), but so far I have been unable to sign up. A customer service rep just kept telling me it is available October 30th, which of course I know is when the season starts, but I am sure folks can sign up in advance. I want to sign up and at the early bird price(179)
. Also, in years past I was also able to get preseason games via LP. Can anyone give me the scoop on League Pass with Comcast (xfinity)?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

I live in the Atlanta area too dude. I really want to get LP too, but not sure I'll get it. Kinda torn on this...just not sure I'd watch enough games to make it worth my while. I'd def do it just for post-season.

Smits Happens
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
That's funny, I also live in the Atlanta area, I also just recently moved and also had to switch from DirecTV to Comcast because of the trees in our new yard. Maybe we're neighbors.

Hope you're having beetter luck with Comcast than I have. It's been two months and after three service calls and four different boxes, I still don't have service that works properly. I've had more problems in the first two months than I had in eight years with DirecTV.

Sparhawk
10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
That's funny, I also live in the Atlanta area, I also just recently moved and also had to switch from DirecTV to Comcast because of the trees in our new yard. Maybe we're neighbors.

Hope you're having beetter luck with Comcast than I have. It's been two months and after three service calls and four different boxes, I still don't have service that works properly. I've had more problems in the first two months than I had in eight years with DirecTV.

I have been living in Atlanta for around 7 years or so. Have had Comcast for the past 3.5years and only had to replace the cable box once. No problems at all.

threein73
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Smits Happens, It's me, your IU friend who went to game (half :( ) with you last season! Anyway, yeah, the switch to Comcast has been a pain, but, like I said, was necessary due to tree growth. We had DTV since moving here in 98 and loved it.. to include getting the non-aired preseason games! Have not had problems with cable box, but have had to call several times already with billing problems..to include actually getting the"triple play" advertised prices that i signed up for, not to mention those prices are inaccurate anyway due to extra charges for modem, hddvr, etc.. but aside from that, I was finally able to sign up for LP (of course i'll believe it when i actually watch a regular non-freeviewed game). I've already tried to activate LP Broadband, but of course got the message that my account number could not be activated.. we'll see..

rel
10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Woohoo, Atlanta Pacers fans represent!

I just went the NBA LP Broadband route. For those of you with a Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Gold, I believe they're putting out a NBA LP app that can be added and used to watch games!

PGisthefuture
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Woohoo, Atlanta Pacers fans represent!

I just went the NBA LP Broadcast route. For those of you with a Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Gold, I believe they're putting out a NBA LP app that can be added and used to watch games!
Wow I might consider getting it then, you know when they are coming out with that app?

rel
10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow I might consider getting it then, you know when they are coming out with that app?

Just looked up online, supposedly 2012 Fall. So it should be good for the start of this season.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/sports

**Coming Fall 2012. Out of market and blackout restrictions apply in the U.S. and some international markets. Xbox Gold Membership and NBA.com League Pass Broadband subscription required in the U.S., NBA League Pass subscription required outside of the U.S.

rel
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Just noticed you were in Crawfordsville. Pacers games may be blacked out in your area through NBA LP, so you may want to check before subscribing.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
So does the LP boradband or mobile LP black out home games?

Sparhawk
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM

I would think only if you are local.

PGisthefuture
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Just noticed you were in Crawfordsville. Pacers games may be blacked out in your area through NBA LP, so you may want to check before subscribing.

Alright thanks, still might look into it just so I can have some games to watch when the Pacers aren't playing.

Sparhawk
10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok, I can get NBA League Pass for TV/Online/Mobile for $179

Online only for $179 Um, why is online just as much as TV/Online/Mobile??? That's ****ed up.

Mobile for $49.99

rel
10-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Depends on where you live. Most of Indiana will not be able to watch any Pacers games on LP because it is available on basic cable in your area.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Depends on where you live. Most of Indiana will not be able to watch any Pacers games on LP because it is available on basic cable in your area.

This will sound real stupid Im sure, but even with mobile LP they know Im local? And is there a way around that. I cant afford $100+ bill from Sat or Cable.

Goyle
10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
This will sound real stupid Im sure, but even with mobile LP they know Im local? And is there a way around that. I cant afford $100+ bill from Sat or Cable.

I'm pretty sure I remember Lakers and Clippers games being blacked out here. Maybe there's a proxy app that can get around it like on a PC?

I posted on another thread, but is anyone's league pass broadband working? I know people got it to work for the last Pacers game, but since yesterday when I go to load up the console the page stays blank.

threein73
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Another LP/Comcast question. So far the preseason games on LP have not been in HD. Will the regular season LP games be in HD?

CableKC
10-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Another LP/Comcast question. So far the preseason games on LP have not been in HD. Will the regular season LP games be in HD?
For my Comcast, there is only 1 game that is broadcasted in HD. Since the NBA hates the Pacers, there is a very good change that NONE of those HD games will involve the Pacers...unless they play some big market team.

threein73
10-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks, one more question..why isn't game on now, it is listed to be on 471!

pacersgroningen
10-21-2012, 06:53 AM
So, I decided that it would be in my best interest to not stay up every single night and go to work with hardly any sleep. So I bought International LP. They are so fast with taking the money out of your bankaccount, but once that is done, I received an error, some strange code and now I don't have LP, but did lose 179 euro. Sent them an e-mail but they are not very quick at replying. Anybody have an idea what is normally the time it takes them to get back to you? That's an awful lot of money to worry about... so hoping to get this resolved quickly!

Constellations
10-21-2012, 10:02 AM
On the phone with Comcast now.

Constellations
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Forgot it was Sunday. Closed.

Derek2k3
10-21-2012, 05:52 PM
So, I decided that it would be in my best interest to not stay up every single night and go to work with hardly any sleep. So I bought International LP. They are so fast with taking the money out of your bankaccount, but once that is done, I received an error, some strange code and now I don't have LP, but did lose 179 euro. Sent them an e-mail but they are not very quick at replying. Anybody have an idea what is normally the time it takes them to get back to you? That's an awful lot of money to worry about... so hoping to get this resolved quickly!

You'll hear from them tomorrow I'd imagine. I wouldn't worry.

able
10-21-2012, 06:24 PM
my experience is they get back to you in an hour tops

I watched the game without any problems whatsoever i simply think international lp broadband is well priced (compared to nfl) and smooth sailing.

threein73
10-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I can't believe LP games won't be in HD, sure wish I could have stayed with Directv!

Derek2k3
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I can't believe LP games won't be in HD, sure wish I could have stayed with Directv!

A lot of people feel the same way about Comcast's policy of only 1 HD game/night.

IMO, they shouldn't be able to charge the same price for an inferior product. All other carriers have full HD for $180, Comcast shouldn't be able to charge more than $125 or something.

Good news is the Broadband portion is basically high def, so you could hook your laptop up to the TV and get much better quality.

King Tuts Tomb
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Are you sure they're not in HD? I had LP on Comcast (in Seattle, but I assume it's a similar set-up nationwide) two years ago and there were often two sets of channels, one with games in HD and one in non-HD.

threein73
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
No, not sure, like I said I just switched to Comcast and so far have just seen the preseason games. However, on my channel list I only see one group of channels, starting at channel 471, for NBA LP games. Also, on the screen it indicates that HD is not available in all areas, but I sure don't understand why Atlanta would be one of those areas! I agree, should not cost the same, but again, don't understand why it would not be available here. So far I have not even seen one LP HD channel, but again, only preseason...

Derek2k3
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
No, not sure, like I said I just switched to Comcast and so far have just seen the preseason games. However, on my channel list I only see one group of channels, starting at channel 471, for NBA LP games. Also, on the screen it indicates that HD is not available in all areas, but I sure don't understand why Atlanta would be one of those areas! I agree, should not cost the same, but again, don't understand why it would not be available here. So far I have not even seen one LP HD channel, but again, only preseason...

Just google something like "League Pass comcast HD" and you'll find dozens of threads complaining about this.

CableKC
10-22-2012, 01:29 PM
I live out here on the West Coast and have Comcast. Has NBALP been offered to Comcast Customers back East?

One week out of the regular season....for whatever reason, I still cannot get NBALP through Comcast...it simply hasn't been offered yet. I even wonder if I will be able to get the Early Bird special this close to the start of the season.

Derek2k3
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I live out here on the West Coast and have Comcast. Has NBALP been offered to Comcast Customers back East?

One week out of the regular season....for whatever reason, I still cannot get NBALP through Comcast...it simply hasn't been offered yet. I even wonder if I will be able to get the Early Bird special this close to the start of the season.

Most carriers around me give the "Early Bird" special through the first week of the season.

EDIT: By most I mean Dish/DirecTV/Mediacom

Johanvil
10-26-2012, 04:47 AM
The free trial on league pass is finally on from yesterday until the 7th of November.Quick question though:Why when i press on the free trial button,takes me to the billing information page where it specifically asks me for cardholder name and number etc?Thing is i can't skip it.Any suggestions?

Derek2k3
10-26-2012, 09:43 AM
The free trial on league pass is finally on from yesterday until the 7th of November.Quick question though:Why when i press on the free trial button,takes me to the billing information page where it specifically asks me for cardholder name and number etc?Thing is i can't skip it.Any suggestions?

Who's your carrier?

For me, the channels become available 10/30-11/06. That's DirecTV though, the channels will just be unlocked on my guide.

ejwallace
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
When will I be able to log in to League Pass Broadband? I thought that they used to have a library of old games that I could watch. Whenever I try to login, it just sends me back to the order page....Is the broadband page only available when the season starts, or do I need to contact them??

CompACE
10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
If anyone is wondering about the Xbox 360 app, it came out about a week or so ago, and I've been using it in conjuction with league pass broadband. I have to say, if you're a Pacers fan who lives out-of-state and happens to have a 360, it's a must buy. The games all play live in HD. Also - because the Pacers aren't much of a national draw, and don't have very many nationally televised games, I practically have access to every Pacers game this season on my xbox. If you have a decent broadband connection and an xbox I would highly recommend getting the app and paying for LP.

smartfai
10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
If anyone is wondering about the Xbox 360 app, it came out about a week or so ago, and I've been using it in conjuction with league pass broadband. I have to say, if you're a Pacers fan who lives out-of-state and happens to have a 360, it's a must buy. The games all play live in HD. Also - because the Pacers aren't much of a national draw, and don't have very many nationally televised games, I practically have access to every Pacers game this season on my xbox. If you have a decent broadband connection and an xbox I would highly recommend getting the app and paying for LP.

Is this app available for league pass account in HK?
how can I download and install this app in xbox?
I subscribe LP every yr. it's very inconvenient to connect a laptop to a plasma TV.
thanks!

Goyle
10-26-2012, 12:26 PM

How are people getting this to work? Every time I log in the games say "replay locked" and clicking them sends me back to the log in screen.

CompACE
10-27-2012, 09:01 AM
How are people getting this to work? Every time I log in the games say "replay locked" and clicking them sends me back to the log in screen.

It does this to me as well - All you have to do is sign in again and it should work. Not sure why it forces people to sign in twice, but it should function normally afterward.

MvPlumlee
10-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Try out other options?

I'm experiencing the same. Wish I could remember my old username and password or email but that might not make any difference :confused:

boombaby1987
10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
How are you accessing LP Broaband? When I try to log in, it tells me it is not available until the regular season starts.

Johanvil
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Try out other options?

I'm experiencing the same. Wish I could remember my old username and password or email but that might not make any difference :confused:

What do you mean other options?I was talking specifically about the free trial.
Anyway, Ι contacted them and got a reply really soon i must admit.Apparently i had chosen paypal last year,(i honestly don't remember it ) and since there is no paypal option this year you have to enter credit card information.I replied to them i get there is no paypal option and you have to fill in the credit card details cause the free trial will transform to a full subscription if you don't cancel it prior to the end of the free trial period.What i don't get though why there is a mandatory option for a credit card since it is a FREE trial to which he answered me the same thing as in the previous e-mail like he's a robot or something.

Deadshot
10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
My LP on Xbox was activated last night. Really excited about this because I am a regular LP subscriber and Xbox live subscriber. And so far, they haven't blacked out the local Bobcats games. Hope they don't fix that.

MvPlumlee
10-27-2012, 05:45 PM
What do you mean other options?I was talking specifically about the free trial.
Anyway, Ι contacted them and got a reply really soon i must admit.Apparently i had chosen paypal last year,(i honestly don't remember it ) and since there is no paypal option this year you have to enter credit card information.I replied to them i get there is no paypal option and you have to fill in the credit card details cause the free trial will transform to a full subscription if you don't cancel it prior to the end of the free trial period.What i don't get though why there is a mandatory option for a credit card since it is a FREE trial to which he answered me the same thing as in the previous e-mail like he's a robot or something.
Other options besides LP, not other options besides credit card details, cuz I would like to know them as well :)

boombaby1987
10-29-2012, 01:34 PM
My LP on Xbox was activated last night. Really excited about this because I am a regular LP subscriber and Xbox live subscriber. And so far, they haven't blacked out the local Bobcats games. Hope they don't fix that.

Pacers blacked out in Bloomington...

Jon Theodore
10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I just signed up for LP broadband choice. Apparently I will be able to watch all the games of the 5 teams I select. I just signed up and haven't selected five teams, although i've already been billed. Anyone know where or how I select the teams?

Strummer
10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I just signed up for LP broadband choice. Apparently I will be able to watch all the games of the 5 teams I select. I just signed up and haven't selected five teams, although i've already been billed. Anyone know where or how I select the teams?

You don't have to select all 5 at once. You'll do it in the app that lets you watch games. Probably have to wait until opening night. You may not be able to select the Pacers until Wednesday night.

I always select less that 5 in case I decide to follow a different team later in the season.