PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trade for Harden? (Poster speculation)

komina12345
10-03-2012, 07:54 AM
I've just been reading up on how OKC is trying to keep Harden, but as things seem to turn out, it would look like that he would be hard-pressed to refuse a max contract from another team that would potentially be a contender. Now this may seem a bit crazy, but do you think the Pacers have what it takes to acquire Harden? I'd honestly be willing to offload Granger or West to make room for Harden. Seeing as Paul George could also be a potential superstar (too early too definitely tell at this point), how feasible is this?

Forgive me for being crazy but I feel like people severely underrate Harden and what he actually can bring with a full-time job being the focal point of an offense as well-tuned as the Pacers.

Sparhawk
10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
This belongs in the Trade section.

While I would love Harden, the Pacers don't have the pieces to trade for him. It would start with PG, and that's a no from me.

Harden at sg and PG at sf would be freaking awesome though.

Roaming Gnome
10-03-2012, 10:37 AM
This belongs in the Trade section
That was my first thought, however since it doesn't read like a "Make believe trade post" I left it alone since it feels like a discussion on if trading some of our biggest pieces are worth someone of Harden's caliber.

If another admin feels this is "Trade-io" esqe... By all means.

Will Galen
10-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I've just been reading up on how OKC is trying to keep Harden, but as things seem to turn out, it would look like that he would be hard-pressed to refuse a max contract from another team that would potentially be a contender. Now this may seem a bit crazy, but do you think the Pacers have what it takes to acquire Harden? I'd honestly be willing to offload Granger or West to make room for Harden. Seeing as Paul George could also be a potential superstar (too early too definitely tell at this point), how feasible is this?

The Thunder would probably bite on Paul George, but why would they want Granger and his $13 million contract? Be better to offer Harden that amount of money.

hackashaq
10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
'how feasible' depends on what you think the Thunder plans to do with him.

If they plan to keep him - and it seems that way - you are going to have to overpay for him. I imagine it would have to start with George+Hibbert for Harden+Perkins or something. I don't think there's a deal that would work (because it would put them into even worse salary situation going forward).

If you think they would sell him cheap, then i don't know and i don't really see much point to speculate right now because I don't think they would

Will Galen
10-03-2012, 10:47 AM
This belongs in the Trade section.

While I would love Harden, the Pacers don't have the pieces to trade for him. It would start with PG, and that's a no from me.

Harden at sg and PG at sf would be freaking awesome though.

Disagree! If the Thunder can't afford to pay Harden, Paul George would be a great replacement. George would probably be the only Pacer they would deal for. As for the Pacers, why would they want to pay Harden a near max and mess their team up financially. If Bird couldn't get Simon to let him spend money on free agent's, William's ect., why would he let Donnie spend money?

Harden isn't going to happen.

hackashaq
10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Disagree! If the Thunder can't afford to pay Harden, Paul George would be a great replacement.

Paul George as the main piecemakes no sense imo, from OKC point of view.
George only gives them one extra cheap year at lower quality. Well, unless we assume George will stop improving and his next contract will be cheap. But in that case the deal sucks even more.

Pacer Fan
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Pacers have the pieces, just would need a 3rd team to move Danny.
Or trade Hibbert and pick for Perkins and Harden, which I wouldn't do. After fa's can be traded...do a Hill, Mahinmi and pick for Perkins and Harden.
I can give some more examples if I had time, but I'm using my phone on the job.

McKeyFan
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Pacers need to take some risks. Harden has shown the ability to be that offensive creator/star they so desperately need but seem to never be able to land. George has not really shown he can be that person, but rather more of a solid player/defender type.

I would bite on some kind of Harden for PG deal.

hackashaq
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Pacers have the pieces, just would need a 3rd team to move Danny.
Or trade Hibbert and pick for Perkins and Harden, which I wouldn't do. After fa's can be traded...do a Hill, Mahinmi and pick for Perkins and Harden.
I can give some more examples if I had time, but I'm using my phone on the job.

lets also add DJ Augustin for Westbrook

wintermute
10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
If they plan to keep him - and it seems that way - you are going to have to overpay for him. I imagine it would have to start with George+Hibbert for Harden+Perkins or something. I don't think there's a deal that would work (because it would put them into even worse salary situation going forward).

I agree, Hibbert + George for Harden + Perkins is probably what it takes to get OKC to seriously consider a Pacers' bid.

My own opinion though, is that OKC will find it hard to add another max contract to the roster, whether it's Harden or someone else. In which case Hibbert would be a no-go for them.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
10-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Not happening. No benefit for OKC unless we give up Hibbert or George, which we won't.

Johanvil
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Not happening. No benefit for OKC unless we give up Hibbert or George, which we won't.
Exactly and can't see them being interested in any other player from us.

Hypnotiq
10-04-2012, 12:12 AM
My own opinion though, is that OKC will find it hard to add another max contract to the roster, whether it's Harden or someone else. In which case Hibbert would be a no-go for them.

False.

i actually think this is the biggest myth going around the NBA and will be untill Harden signgs

i would be amazed if he played for anyone but OKC next season.

Eleazar
10-04-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't like the idea of trading for Harden, it would just cost to much. We would most likely end up on the short end of the stick.

Heisenberg
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
There's not people in this thread saying they wouldn't trade PG for Harden right?

BRushWithDeath
10-04-2012, 07:40 AM
There's not people in this thread saying they wouldn't trade PG for Harden right?

That seems to be the general consensus.

Truly baffling.

Sparhawk
10-04-2012, 09:07 AM
That seems to be the general consensus.

Truly baffling.

Why? I wouldn't, and here's why.

Harden is going to get paid. Ok, that's fine cause West is off the books. So now how do we get a PF? Hans sucks, Pends isn't good, and I don't have much faith in Plumlee other than being a servicable backup.

Harden isn't an elite player, so why trade for him and pay him a lot of money on top of that?

Only way I'd want Harden is if Granger is shipped, so PG moves over to the SF spot. That's the only way that truly makes sense for the Pacers. So yeah, chances of that happening are like 1%.

hackashaq
10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Why? I wouldn't, and here's why.

Harden is going to get paid. Ok, that's fine cause West is off the books. So now how do we get a PF? Hans sucks, Pends isn't good, and I don't have much faith in Plumlee other than being a servicable backup.

Harden isn't an elite player, so why trade for him and pay him a lot of money on top of that?

Only way I'd want Harden is if Granger is shipped, so PG moves over to the SF spot. That's the only way that truly makes sense for the Pacers. So yeah, chances of that happening are like 1%.

so do you assume George will stay mediocre and won't get paid a year later, or will he give us a home discount?

Sparhawk
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM
so do you assume George will stay mediocre and won't get paid a year later, or will he give us a home discount?

I don't think he breaks out enough to get as much as Harden. Pacers offense is about spreading the wealth. I think he'll get good money, but not max.

RLeWorm
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't trade George for Harden, not because I think George is better but the fact that if OKC had Durant and George on the wings would be to crazy

MyFavMartin
10-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Sign Mayo next year instead for a lot less and keep PG and Hibbert.

Eleazar
10-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Statistically Speaking George is either on par or ahead of Harden at the same point in there careers. Whether or not they take the same path is yet to be seen, but I would take my chances with George over Harden.

hackashaq
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Statistically Speaking George is either on par or ahead of Harden at the same point in there careers. Whether or not they take the same path is yet to be seen, but I would take my chances with George over Harden.

i'd say probably a bit ahead.
although very different players and different roles, hard to compare.
Harden year 2 = solid 6th man and lead scorer off the bench but would've likely been a downgrade for us as a starter due to crappy D. George year 2 = solid role playing starter who likely would've been poor in Harden's role.