PDA

View Full Version : Fred "Indiana" Jones and "Sweet" James Jones

dannyboy
11-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I hope they stay in the rotation when everyone is healthy because they are both a joy to watch.

On a side note, is it just me, or does Reggie Miller look like a natural assistant coach in that suit on the sideline?

SjA3837
11-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah... They are both great players, and I hope they stay for the Pacers for a very long time.

And as far as Reggie goes, It would be nice to see him stick around once his career is over.

Suaveness
11-25-2004, 10:55 PM
And one more thing.

Freddy's shot looks sooo much better this year. You know that last year when he shot the ball, it would hit the rim when it went through. I was watching tonight, and his shots were swishing. A tremendous improvement.

Also, we no longer have the Davis brothers....it's the Jones boys!

pizza guy
11-25-2004, 11:44 PM
These two, along with David Harrison can form the future of the Indiana Pacers. Fred brings so much energy and explosiveness, you never know when he'll go for 30. James has such a sweet shot, he is absolute money. I haven't seen him hit anything but the middle of the hoop. And David Harrison, he's huge, and quick, and seems like he'll grow into a very good player.

This team will be good for a long time if they stick together.

ROCislandWarrior
11-25-2004, 11:54 PM
These two, along with David Harrison can form the future of the Indiana Pacers. Fred brings so much energy and explosiveness, you never know when he'll go for 30. James has such a sweet shot, he is absolute money. I haven't seen him hit anything but the middle of the hoop. And David Harrison, he's huge, and quick, and seems like he'll grow into a very good player.

This team will be good for a long time if they stick together.

I don't know about that because our core group of guys is still young. Tinsley, JO, Jackson, Artest are all in the mid 20's. The one who has a very good chance is Harrison because we all know we need a true center. What it means though is that we have expendable parts and a very very very deep bench.

pizza guy
11-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes, but if we hold onto them, we've got a very good team for a long time.

ABADays
11-26-2004, 12:17 AM
I believe JJ is going to keep Bender on the bench. You can count on what you are going to get with him. Nothing more needs to be said about Freddie.

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 12:42 AM
Bender for a first round draft pick to the bobcats...how bout it? lol

PacerMan
11-26-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know about that because our core group of guys is still young. Tinsley, JO, Jackson, Artest are all in the mid 20's. The one who has a very good chance is Harrison because we all know we need a true center. What it means though is that we have expendable parts and a very very very deep bench.

Artest will never play another game for the Pacers. Count on it.
Jackson MAY not either.
IF the guys playing now show that they are keepers, then the "bad boys" returning is even more doubtful.
IMO

TheSauceMaster
11-26-2004, 02:12 AM
Artest will never play another game for the Pacers. Count on it.
Jackson MAY not either.
IF the guys playing now show that they are keepers, then the "bad boys" returning is even more doubtful.
IMO

I'll call your bet and see you 100 more your wrong ;)

Suaveness
11-26-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm with you Saucy :flirt:

Peck
11-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Bender for a first round draft pick to the bobcats...how bout it? lol

Where do I sign up?

Peck
11-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Also guys it looks like as of now that J.Jones will have to finish the year as the S.F. Bender will come back but again unless J.J. starts to fade, he brings more night in & night out than what Bender ever has. Jax may go to the S.F. spot when Reggie is back as well, but like Pacerman said I'm not sure Jax will be back. You don't hear a lot about him from the team.

Hicks
11-26-2004, 09:31 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet Jack will be back when his suspension is up, and play just like he did before this mess.

ABADays
11-26-2004, 09:45 AM
I agree Hicks.

owl
11-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I am surprised to see several people thinking Artest and Jackson also will
not be back? Where would they go and who would take them?
I believe you can count on both being here for the remainder of the year.
After that who knows. Harrison will be a good starting or back up center
for his career. If he catches the ball cleanly under the basket he is going to
jam it. He gets up quick. He had his shot blocked a couple times. He will learn to maneuver his body a little closer to the basket and then jam it.
He does not make big moves into the basket and thus draw charging fouls
but he seems to be able to just pry the defender out of position and then
it is over. Fun guy to watch.

owl