PDA

View Full Version : Hibberts respond to DJ versus DC

TrueBlue372
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Did anyone see the interview with Hibbert in which he "chuckled" when asked if DJ was an upgrade over DC. I always loved DJ, but these rave reviews are exciting. Not to mention, Hibbert totally disreguarding DC in comparison to DJ.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

imbtyler
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm sure Hibbert is much more excited to receive good passes in the paint, instead of watching DC slash by him and get blocked at the rim.

Peck
10-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm glad that Roy is happy to have him on the team but I am hoping that he was laughing because someone wanted him to compare p.g. skills.

I certainly can understand his intolerance for O'Brien, it is well documented that several former players (not just Pacers) hated the man.

But let's hope Roy does not stoop to the level of throwing former team mates under the bus because IMO that would just be wrong.

There was nothing wrong with D.C., he was a good soldier & a loyal Pacer when he was here. He just didn't happen to have the exact point guard skills that we needed but that didn't make him a bad p.g. and from everything I have ever read, heard or seen he was an exceptional team mate.

Remember the guy lost his starting job due to an injury something that almost nobody ever believes is the right thing to do but he never uttered a negative word and even said he wanted to return.

So let's all welcome aboard Augistine but there is no need at all to kick D.C. while he is down.

Brad8888
10-02-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm glad that Roy is happy to have him on the team but I am hoping that he was laughing because someone wanted him to compare p.g. skills.

I certainly can understand his intolerance for O'Brien, it is well documented that several former players (not just Pacers) hated the man.

But let's hope Roy does not stoop to the level of throwing former team mates under the bus because IMO that would just be wrong.

There was nothing wrong with D.C., he was a good soldier & a loyal Pacer when he was here. He just didn't happen to have the exact point guard skills that we needed but that didn't make him a bad p.g. and from everything I have ever read, heard or seen he was an exceptional team mate.

Remember the guy lost his starting job due to an injury something that almost nobody ever believes is the right thing to do but he never uttered a negative word and even said he wanted to return.

So let's all welcome aboard Augistine but there is no need at all to kick D.C. while he is down.

I don't blame Roy. DC was the last pg brought in to play the game the OB way, so it doesn't surprise me that Roy is reacting this way.

Roy should be excited if an actual pg comes in and eventually starts to make the offense run as opposed to simply relying on shot creators who don't find Roy (or others) in scoring positions. With a point guard who specializes in running an offense, the Pacers would have an offense that would be almost elite, especially if Roy is getting more quality touches.

I just hope everybody is right about Augustin...

MvPlumlee
10-02-2012, 03:47 AM
DC might have taken the first stab. Playing with Dirk and Kaman is going to make his job A LOT easier, he said in july.

Here is the whole interview:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/dallas/play?id=8174486

FWIW, I understand both parties and what they are talking about. Our offensive system didn't favor Collison and even if it will favor him, he doesn't have the PG skills a guy like DJ has.

It's a breakup. Getting overly excited with the new situation is a way to draw a line under the past. They are both good guys, I wouldn't look for too much behind it.

CJ Jones
10-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Anyone know where can I watch the interview?

It's good to know the guys already think highly of DJ's game. Im sure it's a breath of fresh air for them to play with a real PG again. There were times last year when I felt bad for Hibbert and West. It can't be easy for big men to play with a PG like Darren, especially when the teams most used player has tunnel vision as well.

If he's as advertised I hope we can find a way to get him 25 mpg. I believe this team has the flexibility to go small with Danny at the 4 this year. All of our wings have size and athleticism. They can all defend and rebound. Even our PG is capable of grabbing 5 a game. In order to get our best players/team on the court I think we may need to go small.

edit: maybe that's why Danny decided to beef up...:whoknows:

pacersgroningen
10-02-2012, 04:33 AM
In order to get our best players/team on the court I think we may need to go small.

edit: maybe that's why Danny decided to beef up...:whoknows:

Though shallt not speak JOB-language in these kingdoms! :box:

;)

Ace E.Anderson
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM

I don't think being traded to become the starting PG of one of the better run franchises in the league, and the chance to play with an All-Star in Dirk; is being down at all. He got moved to a team that fits his style better, and he's going to start.

McKeyFan
10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think being traded to become the starting PG of one of the better run franchises in the league, and the chance to play with an All-Star in Dirk; is being down at all. He got moved to a team that fits his style better, and he's going to start.
And all these guys make millions of dollars. I think it's fair game to give them something more than the light feather treatment.

I think Peck's emphasis is important, too. Acknowledge loyalty and good behavior where it occurs. But not at the expense of criticism. These guys are paid to participate in the big leagues, both on the court and in the public eye.

LG33
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I wonder how George Hill feels about all this "true point guard" talk.

BRushWithDeath
10-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Collison was a good dude. He was well liked as a person. He was not well liked as a player. At all.

Unclebuck
10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
So DC was brought here specifically because he would be good at running JOB's system? That isn't true. As soon as we acquired him I remember posting that JOB was going to have to change the offense or DC wasn't going to be successful. I mean it doesn't matter now, but DC was never JOB's type of point guard that fit best in his system.

Sorry, but for the record I wasn't the one who first brought up JOB in this thread.

While it is technically true that Collison was injured and while he was unable to play George Hill came in a took the starting job away from him, but really it was rather obvious that the team was much better with Hill as the starter. So whether he was replaced while injured or a little later, it was going to happen . I would argue if Hill hadn't missed a good chunk of the middle part of the season with his own injuries he would have replaced DC 30 games earlier

Tom White
10-02-2012, 09:36 AM
I have a problem with thinking that Roy was throwing DC under the bus. I remember an interview with Roy a while back in which he was asked who he was closest with on the team. He answered that it was Collison. He may have just chuckled because he was uncomfortable with the question, or something close to that. It is simply not in Roy's nature (in my opinion) to talk down a teammate.

Ace E.Anderson
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
So DC was brought here specifically because he would be good at running JOB's system? That isn't true. As soon as we acquired him I remember posting that JOB was going to have to change the offense or DC wasn't going to be successful. I mean it doesn't matter now, but DC was never JOB's type of point guard that fit best in his system.

Sorry, but for the record I wasn't the one who first brought up JOB in this thread.

While it is technically true that Collison was injured and while he was unable to play George Hill came in a took the starting job away from him, but really it was rather obvious that the team was much better with Hill as the starter. So whether he was replaced while injured or a little later, it was going to happen . I would argue if Hill hadn't missed a good chunk of the middle part of the season with his own injuries he would have replaced DC 30 games earlier

I thought it would happen when we acquired Hill in draft night. Though Hill isn't a PERFECT fit, I've always just thought he was a better fit for the starters than DC was.

Trophy
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Even on the worst team last year, DJ still managed to rack up plenty of assists. That's what gets me excited to have him on this team.

He's a good PnR guy.

Hicks
10-02-2012, 10:41 AM
The only reference to this 'interview' I'm aware of is a Tweet from Wells yesterday. I don't know of this being an interview that is in print in an article or blog, or of this being audio or video anywhere. I think it was meant as more of an off-the-cuff comment from Wells.

But don't let that stop us from overreacting. :)

Unclebuck
10-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I thought it would happen when we acquired Hill in draft night. Though Hill isn't a PERFECT fit, I've always just thought he was a better fit for the starters than DC was.

I remember early in the season Vogel hinted that he really had two starters at the point and when he was asked whether Hill would replace DC he sort of just said not at this time.

Gamble1
10-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Well JOB wanted to push the tempo and shoot early and often which fits DC. I persoanlly don't think JOB has a system for a pg other than scoring.

Major Cold
10-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Though shallt not speak JOB-language in these kingdoms! :box:

;)
Small ball is not JOB ball. JOB ball is put a feather-weight PF, who steals rebounds, hovers at the three, and is incapable of playing low post defense. Through Roy next to Danny and I think you have a better combo. We are going to have to play small ball in the playoffs. Melo, Lebron, Gerald Wallace, Thad Young, and Durant will all play minutes at the 4.

McKeyFan
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hill creates what ends up being, in my opinion, a really good problem.

He's a tweener, so you can imagine a true point taking his minutes at one. You can also imagine a taller 2 man taking his minutes there.

However, he is so darn clutch, so good down the stretch at making decisions, so smart and such an important defender, you just have to play him at the end of games.

It is frustrating for us as we work with ideals on paper in our armchairs, but you can't have too many players with Hill's game time performance. Just ask Pop.

pacergod2
10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Small ball is not JOB ball. JOB ball is put a feather-weight PF, who steals rebounds, hovers at the three, and is incapable of playing low post defense. Through Roy next to Danny and I think you have a better combo. We are going to have to play small ball in the playoffs. Melo, Lebron, Gerald Wallace, Thad Young, and Durant will all play minutes at the 4.

This is the exact reason why I have been clamoring for Granger to develop a low post game FOR YEARS NOW! It drives me absolutely f-ing crazy, that DG hasn't show a willingness to play ball within the three point line. He has that little mid-range pull up jumper which is perfect playing the four. If he could post, we would have better roster options, but you absolutely cannot afford to play Danny at PF if we have four players on the perimeter offensively.

DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

Another thing I wanted to mention with regard to Hibbert is this:

Why hasn't he tried shooting his jumpshots off the back glass. Go Tim Duncan style from the mid-range with the touch he has. I think it would improve his shot percentage from mid-range. Also, if he starts shooting that from the elbow, it will provide WAY more offensive rebound opportunities for him as the ball will be coming back towards him off the rim on misses. Hibbert is an offensive rebounding nightmare for other teams, because he doesn't have to time his jumps to get a hand on the ball. Especially with the soft touch he has. It will allow him to stretch the defense a bit more for drives from the perimeter. An open rim for GG and PG would have them both drooling for Top Ten Highlight reel dunks. Hibbert would allow more space for West to work on the weakside as well. I don't want Hibbert that far from the basket mind you, the last thing I want is JOB ball, but I think Hibbert's man really sagged off him pretty hard after he went foul line-extended. Hibbert has the touch and passing to make himself more of a match-up nightmare offensively, which is what we want. We need him to open things up for everyone else. And even a couple of "JOB's patented backdoor cuts" would be a welcome sight.... :devil:

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 11:56 AM
So what do we do if DJ ends up beating out Hill?

BillS
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM

:dance:

Seriously, as fans this is Not Our Problem because it means DJ is a good enough distributing PG to start.

We only have to worry if it somehow pisses off Hill and poisons the locker room, and I don't see that happening really.

Hicks
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Explain the scenario where this happens. How badly does Hill have to be playing?

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Explain the scenario where this happens. How badly does Hill have to be playing?

I'm not sure really, but if Augustin ends up being as good of a distributor as people are making him out to be doesn't it kind of make sense to have him play with the starters? Especially West?

billbradley
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
:dance:

Seriously, as fans this is Not Our Problem because it means DJ is a good enough distributing PG to start.

Eh, it means at the end of the season we have no DJ and a really expensive backup.

BillS
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Eh, it means at the end of the season we have no DJ and a really expensive backup.

???

Do you mean NEXT season or do you mean DJ would demand a trade? And, in either case, Hill would be back to starting.

There seems to be this idea that "starter/bench" is some hard and absolute line and no player can be anything other than one or the other. A starter for one team could be nothing more than a serviceable backup on the other based on the style of play and the other players on the floor.

Hicks
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
It depends on how the returning starters execute offensively. If they struggle as much as they did sometimes last year, then he could at least become a finisher, if not a starter. But if Hill does show improvement and/or the others get better at working the ball around with one another, then I'd just stick with those in place. Something interesting to look for.

billbradley
10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
???

Do you mean NEXT season or do you mean DJ would demand a trade? And, in either case, Hill would be back to starting.

At the end of this season. DJ only signed for one year.

There seems to be this idea that "starter/bench" is some hard and absolute line and no player can be anything other than one or the other. A starter for one team could be nothing more than a serviceable backup on the other based on the style of play and the other players on the floor.

Not at all. While I'm excited to have DJ, it is not a good thing that your 8 mill a year guy can't beat him out for starting PG. I'm not saying Hill wouldn't slide back into his role as a starter, but I would be concerned spending that much on a guy who isn't better than DJ.

vnzla81
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM

That was my prediction.

McKeyFan
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Unless Paul George improves, DJ closing games means Hill finishes at the two.

(or Granger moves to power forward and either Hibbs or West sits.)

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't see Augustin closing games unless we are going for a last second shot. He can't play the D.

docpaul
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure really, but if Augustin ends up being as good of a distributor as people are making him out to be doesn't it kind of make sense to have him play with the starters? Especially West?

Because of age and other related issues, I think it means that Granger is moved if they can get good value out of him. I think a potent DJ, means that GH moves to the 2, and PG moves to the 3.

If DJ can feed West and Hibbert as effectively as I can imagine he might be able to, we could be really dangerous. I think PG and GH defense could cover up DJ's weaknesses here.

BillS
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Not at all. While I'm excited to have DJ, it is not a good thing that your 8 mill a year guy can't beat him out for starting PG. I'm not saying Hill wouldn't slide back into his role as a starter, but I would be concerned spending that much on a guy who isn't better than DJ.

As I've said in another place, Hill is a combo guard. The chances are that if he isn't better than DJ at PG, is he better than Paul at SG? If Paul improves in a way obvious to the rest of the league, being second to him at $8M - particularly a few years from now since it is a flat contract - won't seem bad at all and certainly won't make GH untradeable.

I think you write contracts based on what you have right now, and if DJ improves by some huge amount because he's playing for a real team instead of a bottom feeder, he could be a steal as opposed to Hill being not worth his contract.

billbradley
10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
As I've said in another place, Hill is a combo guard. The chances are that if he isn't better than DJ at PG, is he better than Paul at SG? If Paul improves in a way obvious to the rest of the league, being second to him at $8M - particularly a few years from now since it is a flat contract - won't seem bad at all and certainly won't make GH untradeable.

I think you write contracts based on what you have right now, and if DJ improves by some huge amount because he's playing for a real team instead of a bottom feeder, he could be a steal as opposed to Hill being not worth his contract.

I just don't think DJ is the all around player on both ends that Hill is. While's DJ's play making ability is greater than Hill's, if that is enough to overtake the starting spot I would be concerned with Hill's growth as a player and our investment.

In other words, to go back to your original comment saying who starts isn't a concern as fans, I think the best thing for us fans is for the guy who is locked in for five years to prove he is a starter over the guy only here for one year.

Infinite MAN_force
10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
As far as DJ playing with the starters goes, people are forgetting the possibility of small ball lineups. Don't be surprised to see lineups featuring Augustin at the 1 with Hill at the 2, possibly Granger at the 4.

I expect to see DJ as our most important backup along with Green and Mahimni (sp?). I'm hoping we run primarily this 8 man rotation, with a lot of mixed/mashed lineups as opposed to anything close to the hockey line substitutions of last season.

BillS
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
In other words, to go back to your original comment saying who starts isn't a concern as fans, I think the best thing for us fans is for the guy who is locked in for five years to prove he is a starter over the guy only here for one year.

Not quite what I meant (I meant that if the guy penciled in as the bench turns out to be better than the current starter without the current starter getting worse that's not a concern), but I get your point.

Bottom line for me is that ultimately I don't care what guys are paid. I want to see a fight for every position that brings the absolute best out of every player, and if the guy making less turns out to be better than the guy making more, so be it. I don't think Hill's contract is such that if we really needed to send him somewhere to make room for a better player at 1 and 2 we could not do so.

McKeyFan
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
As far as DJ playing with the starters goes, people are forgetting the possibility of small ball lineups. Don't be surprised to see lineups featuring Augustin at the 1 with Hill at the 2, possibly Granger at the 4.

I expect to see DJ as our most important backup along with Green and Mahimni (sp?). I'm hoping we run primarily this 8 man rotation, with a lot of mixed/mashed lineups as opposed to anything close to the hockey line substitutions of last season.

There is all kinds of flexibility throughout the game. Even who starts isn't that big a deal (see Terry, Ginobli, etc.). The possible logjam discussion is all about who finishes.

billbradley
10-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Above all, I hope DJ makes Tyler a quality backup. Is that possible?

Eddie Gill
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Above all, I hope DJ makes Tyler a quality backup. Is that possible?

If he can feed him near the rim, limiting Tyler's opportunity to isolate from 15 feet away.

Anthem
10-02-2012, 08:28 PM
This is the exact reason why I have been clamoring for Granger to develop a low post game FOR YEARS NOW! It drives me absolutely f-ing crazy, that DG hasn't show a willingness to play ball within the three point line. He has that little mid-range pull up jumper which is perfect playing the four. If he could post, we would have better roster options, but you absolutely cannot afford to play Danny at PF if we have four players on the perimeter offensively.

DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!
Danny posted up a lot last year. Did you not see it?

xIndyFan
10-02-2012, 08:39 PM

My thought also. Danny did post a lot. in that weird Danny way of course. Never shoved the defender under the basket to make a layup, but just shoved him back far enough to take that little mid-range jumper. Personally I think Danny is allergic to the orange paint on the rim. He never finishes at the rim, always a little way away from it. strange, but effective. Danny at 8 ft is better than most guys at the rim.

But yeah, Danny did a lot of posting. Looking forward to more of it this year. and from Gerald and Paul also.

BRushWithDeath
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM

On a newly signed 5 for $40 deal? Pretty ****ing bad. I don't think Hill as a long term starting PG is a good idea, but I also don't think he'll be so poor that he's not the starter for the whole season with that kind of contract.

Major Cold
10-03-2012, 09:18 AM
My thought also. Danny did post a lot. in that weird Danny way of course. Never shoved the defender under the basket to make a layup, but just shoved him back far enough to take that little mid-range jumper. Personally I think Danny is allergic to the orange paint on the rim. He never finishes at the rim, always a little way away from it. strange, but effective. Danny at 8 ft is better than most guys at the rim.

But yeah, Danny did a lot of posting. Looking forward to more of it this year. and from Gerald and Paul also.

Which is it? Does Danny not have the dribbling skills to get to the rim, or is he allergic? I would say he does not have the skills. How many times does Danny get called for a forearm push off as he drives? How many more times does he NOT get called for it?

He has no in-and-out dribble move. He has no hesitation to respect because his crossover is slow. He is not a driver/slasher. He is a stop and pop and curler. He is old enough to expect nothing more. The only time he gets to the rim is when Roy and West have sealed their man on their hip, and the close out on his shot opens a dribble drive.

A pull up from midrange is not a bad thing. In fact you need it to get into the paint. It is why Durant is so dangerous. He can catch, triple threat, drive past closeout, get into the midrange, hesitate, either pull up, step back, or drive hard to the rim.

Danny is not that. And I don't think he ever will be. That is what we want Paul George to be.

pacergod2
10-03-2012, 10:01 AM

No I saw it. I have wanted him to do it more for a long time now. Last year was easily the most he has done it in his career IMO. I just wish he had done it sooner and that he would have a more versatile and consistent post game than he does. I think he still has a severe propensity to camp behind the three point line and that needs to stop. For me, Danny matches up well against a lot of SFs in the strength department. Some he doesn't, but even then I would contend that guys like Josh Smith and Lebron James could get into foul trouble guarding Danny in the post much more than they would otherwise. Danny is such a good shooter that he should be money on those little fadeaways. He hit a fair number of them last year for sure, but half the times he does it he is awkward as hell because he doesn't get his hips squared away on his turnaround. I think Danny could command a double team the way that Hibbert often does and that creates passing lanes for West and lobs for Hibbert. That could be a sick three man game right there if Danny was better in the post than he is. I just hate seeing an opportunity to play to our strengths not being taken advantage of. Danny IMO should have been developing this big time under the JOB era, which is probably why he isn't better at it right now than he is. Not making JOB excuses per se, but its something that has bothered me for a while and I think of where his game could be right now as opposed to where it's at. Danny absolutely has to be our most efficient player. That is what we need from him and this would go a long way to helping his efficiency with the way he shoots free throws. Plus he'd be in position to rebound more, which is something I ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see him be aggressive with.

Major Cold
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
No I saw it. I have wanted him to do it more for a long time now. Last year was easily the most he has done it in his career IMO. I just wish he had done it sooner and that he would have a more versatile and consistent post game than he does. I think he still has a severe propensity to camp behind the three point line and that needs to stop. For me, Danny matches up well against a lot of SFs in the strength department. Some he doesn't, but even then I would contend that guys like Josh Smith and Lebron James could get into foul trouble guarding Danny in the post much more than they would otherwise. Danny is such a good shooter that he should be money on those little fadeaways. He hit a fair number of them last year for sure, but half the times he does it he is awkward as hell because he doesn't get his hips squared away on his turnaround. I think Danny could command a double team the way that Hibbert often does and that creates passing lanes for West and lobs for Hibbert. That could be a sick three man game right there if Danny was better in the post than he is. I just hate seeing an opportunity to play to our strengths not being taken advantage of. Danny IMO should have been developing this big time under the JOB era, which is probably why he isn't better at it right now than he is. Not making JOB excuses per se, but its something that has bothered me for a while and I think of where his game could be right now as opposed to where it's at. Danny absolutely has to be our most efficient player. That is what we need from him and this would go a long way to helping his efficiency with the way he shoots free throws. Plus he'd be in position to rebound more, which is something I ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see him be aggressive with.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grangda01/shooting/2012/

If you look at Danny's efficiency. He is no better 16ft to 3pt, 10ft to 15ft, or even 3ft to 9ft. So yes he could get better on the block efficiency speaking. But I do not want him to take more shots from there if he is not as good at it than the 3. Especially if it takes shots away from Roy or West on the block. I don't mind him going to the block if the front court is Ian and Tyler.

Brad8888
10-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Because of age and other related issues, I think it means that Granger is moved if they can get good value out of him. I think a potent DJ, means that GH moves to the 2, and PG moves to the 3.

If DJ can feed West and Hibbert as effectively as I can imagine he might be able to, we could be really dangerous. I think PG and GH defense could cover up DJ's weaknesses here.

QFT

I also believe that Danny would be the odd man out, and that the final piece to our puzzle will be brought here as a result of either his being traded, or letting him go when his contract is up will free up just enough space to bring back either a superstar or a combination of players that fill whatever holes finally present themselves at that time.

mattie
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grangda01/shooting/2012/

If you look at Danny's efficiency. He is no better 16ft to 3pt, 10ft to 15ft, or even 3ft to 9ft. So yes he could get better on the block efficiency speaking. But I do not want him to take more shots from there if he is not as good at it than the 3. Especially if it takes shots away from Roy or West on the block. I don't mind him going to the block if the front court is Ian and Tyler.

I think that is what he's getting at.

Danny never really developed a comfort in the post which is why he isn't as efficient scoring there. Had that been a priority for him, you'd probably see him be a major threat in the post against nearly every 3 in the league, including LBJ.

Major Cold
10-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Danny never really developed a comfort in the post which is why he isn't as efficient scoring there. Had that been a priority for him, you'd probably see him be a major threat in the post against nearly every 3 in the league, including LBJ.
He may have been better against others not named LBJ, Artest, Pierce, etc. He does not have the lower frame to keep those players on his hip, and he does not have the quick lift to raise above them. At he can be a 45% on the block versus younger SFs. But I do not see him being dominant on the block.

imawhat
10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Hope that Hill's injury heals soon.

DJ's defensive potential is very similar to Travis Diener's. Unless DJ has a Nash-like effect on our offense, I can't see a one year rental getting the keys to the offense.

Strummer
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Here are quotes from Hibbert and Hill about DJ.

"D.C. was more of an attacking point guard, but I think D.J. can really penetrate and kick out," Hibbert said. "He gives you the illusion he's about to score in the paint and then finds open guys on the perimeter. I've never seen anyone with handles as good as him."

George Hill, who replaced Collison in the starting lineup at the end of the regular season and throughout the playoffs, and was rewarded with a five-year contract following a solid playoff performance, views Augustin as another starter. Had the Bobcats not intervened in 2008, he might still be one with the Pacers.

"I love him," Hill said. "That second unit is going to be deadly with him leading them."
link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/improved-bench-key-pacers-growth)

Eleazar
10-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I hope he is as good as the hype, and if so I hope he is ok with not being a starter so we can re-sign him.

Sandman21
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer

@Darren_Collison how's training camp brother? Gonna miss sitting next to u on the plane cuzo
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

1m Darren Collison Darren Collison ‏@Darren_Collison

@Hoya2aPacer its koo bro, just been doing 2 a days, heading overseas now, how u looking down there?
Hide conversation

Retweet
Favorite

7:37 PM - 3 Oct 12 Details

hackashaq
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Here are quotes from Hibbert and Hill about DJ.

"D.C. was more of an attacking point guard, but I think D.J. can really penetrate and kick out," Hibbert said. "He gives you the illusion he's about to score in the paint and then finds open guys on the perimeter. I've never seen anyone with handles as good as him."

George Hill, who replaced Collison in the starting lineup at the end of the regular season and throughout the playoffs, and was rewarded with a five-year contract following a solid playoff performance, views Augustin as another starter. Had the Bobcats not intervened in 2008, he might still be one with the Pacers.

"I love him," Hill said. "That second unit is going to be deadly with him leading them."

link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/improved-bench-key-pacers-growth)

considering he's terrible at scoring in the paint, i wonder how often will someone buy that illusion in real games

Anthem
10-04-2012, 04:38 PM

His efficiency on the block improved substantially over the course of the year. Since the beginning of last year was the first time I'd really post play from him, I'm hopeful that he picks up this season where he left off last season.

gummy
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
His efficiency on the block improved substantially over the course of the year.

Yes indeed. We had several conversations about this during the course of the season as it developed.