PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Media Day - Live Video Chat - October 1 at 1 pm.

Strummer
09-30-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't see this posted yet. I enjoyed the broadcast last year. And there's plenty of new players to meet this year.
link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/media-day-2012-live-chat)

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Seems like the Video part of Video chat was left out. Lol.

Strummer
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Seems like the Video part of Video chat was left out. Lol.

It's working for me. Blake Ahearn at the table first.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
yea i reloaded the page and now it works. i missed blake.

Strummer
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Blake seemed like a nice guy. Mentioned that he had played some with Ian and Hill in San Antonio.

boombaby1987
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
The moderator posted my question to Brian Shaw: How did you recover from the Family Feud incident? :laugh:

DangerGranger3pointranger
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I saw that and laughed for a good 10 minutes. LOL

rock747
10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I will say, after watching the Pacers for years, I can't remember a team that seemed this close.

10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
The video part still isn't working for me. I can't even hear them answering questions.

Strummer
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
The video part still isn't working for me. I can't even hear them answering questions.

I'm using Firefox and it's working.

You might want to try a different browser or try updating your plugins.

10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I used a different browser and now I can see Chris and Coach V at the table, but I can't hear them talk no matter how high I turn up my volume. Just bad connection I guess.
I'm using Firefox and it's working.

You might want to try a different browser or try updating your plugins.

Ace E.Anderson
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
It seems that every player has brought up DJ and his passing ability. Kinda makes you a bit excited doesn't it.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Lost feed here

Edit: reloaded again, works fine

Strummer
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Lost feed here

Edit: reloaded again, works fine

Me too.

RLeWorm
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
nothing big but Lance seems to have changed his number to 1

Heisenberg
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Lance wearing #1 now

RLeWorm
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
does anybody know if Lance is suppose to get minutes this year? Wanna see him play! Hopefully he has improved his jumpshot, love his passing ability and court vision

Hicks
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
It's painful to listen to an interview with Lance Stephenson.

After that, my feed dropped and I had to leave for a moment. What did Danny say?

Heisenberg
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
It's painful to listen to an interview with Lance Stephenson.

After that, my feed dropped and I had to leave for a moment. What did Danny say?
Nothing really. Said he's worked on getting a little bigger, Denari and Boyle said he looked it but looked the same to me.

Donnie's using a cane.

granger4mvp
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Well nice to sit and watch nba tv for an hour for the east previews and not here a word about the pacers already starting

Heisenberg
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Green can really talk the talk, really learned from his mistakes

righteouscool
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Gerald Green is impressive. He has a great attitude.

imbtyler
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
There seem to be a lot of players picking numbers in the 20s.

Gerald Green seems so passionate about being on the team, and is showing his increased maturity in his interview. I am so impressed with him, and he seems excited to be here. I cannot wait for this season!!!

imbtyler
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
"Ooooo, you say my name RIGHT!" -- Ian Mahinmi, to Chris Denari.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
So, I liked Augustin in Charlotte, and I know this is the most talent he's ever had around him, but could he really be as good as everyone is making him out to be? I mean everyone on the roster has singled him out specifically this offseason.

InYaFace
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah it's crazy...even David West just said that everyone forgot about how good Augustine really is. I have a high opinion on West, so there has to be some truth in it.
I really liked Gerald Green and Mahinmi, well spoken guys and what I liked the most was D.West talking about the mindset: "We are chasing Miami".
You can officially call me EXCITED!

Go Pacers!

J7F
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
So, I liked Augustin in Charlotte, and I know this is the most talent he's ever had around him, but could he really be as good as everyone is making him out to be? I mean everyone on the roster has singled him out specifically this offseason.

They haven't played with a distributor in so long they don't remember what it's like to have one :)

I'm excited to have one... But I am worried about how he looks defensively for us... That's what I am most curious to see from him once the season starts...

Well that and some sweet fast break oops to PG and Gerald!

PGisthefuture
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah there is something about David West when he talks that you just have to sort of listen and you feel like he knows what he's talking about. The fact that he talked DJ up has me convinced.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I mean Augustin at Texas was one of the most exciting players to watch in college basketball. He was like a smaller Tinsley in the way he handled the ball. Like it was on a string.

Hicks
10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I mean Augustin at Texas was one of the most exciting players to watch in college basketball. He was like a smaller Tinsley in the way he handled the ball. Like it was on a string.

Really? I didn't realize that. That's good to know.

Hicks
10-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Separately, both Hibbert and West referred to Mahinmi as starter quality. I thought that was unexpected.

Hicks
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
West seems to sincerely believe we have a better bench this year.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Really? I didn't realize that. That's good to know.

Yeah he was/is an incredible ball handler. Much better than DC. I actually thought DC was a pretty bad ball handler, maybe his biggest weakness I thought.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Can I say I hate this Telly site the Pacers are using to post videos? What is wrong with YouTube?

pacer4ever
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
DJ has long been one of my favorite offenive pg's in the lg really plays a style of ball I like. He is a monster in the PnR but defensively different story he is sad.

owl
10-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah he was/is an incredible ball handler. Much better than DC. I actually thought DC was a pretty bad ball handler, maybe his biggest weakness I thought.

DJ is also very young. He turns 25 in November.
I believe this team could be very special. A true point guard to run the show is something the Pacers have not had since Mark Jackson. Plus Green, Mahinmi and Plumlee are an improvement over last years bench.

Deadshot
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't remember seeing this anywhere on here before now but it looks like Lance changed his number now that DJones is gone:

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/249445284

http://c0014509.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_ede3ba4

Sandman21
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah, he had tweeted it awhile back that he was moving over to the 1 he wore in HS and college.

Hypnotiq
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Anywhere to watch this online yet?

AugustinGrangerHill
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
i missed the media day, anywhere i can see it?

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, he had tweeted it awhile back that he was moving over to the 1 he wore in HS and college.

I think he wore 33 in college

pacer4ever
10-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Yep because Cashmere Wright committed before Lance and had dibs. Damn Cashmere is a senior now and Lance is almost in his 3rd year damn time flies

Sandman21
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM

<< Thats what I meant..... >> :D

Naptown_Seth
10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I agree with you, but I also thought when I saw him last year that he was clearly one of the top guys on the court during the game. He came across as a clear "we need an answer for this" problem, enough that I left scratching my head why they couldn't win more games with he, Kemba and Henderson on the team. Probably defense and depth.

But I'm more excited about Green and Ian.

Hicks
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
But I'm more excited about Green and Ian.

I'd be curious to know why; what about them has you more excited?

Tom White
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
It seems that every player has brought up DJ and his passing ability. Kinda makes you a bit excited doesn't it.

I have not been able to watch the video, but I am curious about one thing. With "all" the players talking up Augustin, I'm wondering what George Hill's reaction is. Does he seem as welcoming of DJ as the others? Secure in his position in the lineup? Looking forward to the challenge? Concerned about losing his starting role?

It is almost like the "new kid in town" song from the Eagles, the way everyone is reacting to DJ.

BillS
10-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I have not been able to watch the video, but I am curious about one thing. With "all" the players talking up Augustin, I'm wondering what George Hill's reaction is. Does he seem as welcoming of DJ as the others? Secure in his position in the lineup? Looking forward to the challenge? Concerned about losing his starting role?

It is almost like the "new kid in town" song from the Eagles, the way everyone is reacting to DJ.

Does Hill actually see himself as a PG first? I get the feeling that Hill is fully aware that he's a combo guard and that a pure point is going to get guys hearts pumping.

Is it really a given that guys feel entitled to starting spots before camp even opens? I'd like to (and do) think better of most of them than that.

Cousy47
10-02-2012, 04:46 PM
He said he was going back to his HS number because NOONE could stop him when he wore #1! Did they do an interview with Tyler? Was he even there?

Tom White
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Does Hill actually see himself as a PG first? I get the feeling that Hill is fully aware that he's a combo guard and that a pure point is going to get guys hearts pumping.

See, that is also part of what I don't know. But nobody was quoting him in this thread, and (for whatever reason) I could not get the video to work, so I was curious.

Is it really a given that guys feel entitled to starting spots before camp even opens? I'd like to (and do) think better of most of them than that.

I don't get the idea that any of them (well, at least not many) feel entitled, but they all have their pride, and for some I'm sure that includes the "honor" of being a starter. I was simply wondering what insights Hill's interview might have given.

Hicks
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
As of last training camp, George Hill went on the record as saying he saw himself as more of a shooting guard.

But he also has known since we re-signed him that we wanted him at the starting PG this year, and I'd like to think he adjusted his mentality accordingly with regards to how he'll think/play and, if applicable, how he trained.

Cousy47
10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I can't stop thinking about the lack of THansbrough in the pictures and inteviews. Was he even in attendance. Is the year the Ps as a team give up on Hans or has Hans given up on them. I hope I'm waaay out in west field, but I thought I saw some less than team spirit around Hans.

Strummer
10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I can't stop thinking about the lack of THansbrough in the pictures and inteviews. Was he even in attendance. Is the year the Ps as a team give up on Hans or has Hans given up on them. I hope I'm waaay out in west field, but I thought I saw some less than team spirit around Hans.

He was there. They talked to him live, just like all the other players.

But I don't think he's as comfortable with the media as some of the other players.

MagicRat
10-05-2012, 06:35 PM
It looks like all of the media day interviews are at pacers.com, including one with the reclusive Tyler Hansbrough.....
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2012/10/05/TylerHansbroughflv-2238015