PDA

View Full Version : Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

Heisenberg
09-28-2012, 12:25 AM
http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2012/09/27/pacers-team-holds-annual-golf-event-and-granger-talks-about-his-knee/

Q: What’s going on with the your knee?

A: Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it, which is a way to help it heal better. I actually did it toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.

Q: Would you play if this were the regular season?

A: Yeah, this is more cautionary. We know we have about a month or so before we play our first regular season game.

Strummer
09-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm not sure that he actually had the procedure during the playoffs. That's not how I'm reading it. But I'm not saying you're wrong.

I thought this quote was interesting (hope you don't mind me adding it):

Q: Has anybody surprised you or stood out in those scrimmages?

A: Honestly, D.J. Augustin is really impressive. He’s from New Orleans just like I am. Really a true point guard.

QuickRelease
09-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure that he actually had the procedure during the playoffs. That's not how I'm reading it. But I'm not saying you're wrong.

I thought this quote was interesting (hope you don't mind me adding it):

I still wish we'd have locked up Augustin for longer than 1 year.

rexnom
09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
I doubt he would have signed a multi-year contract for this price tag. Also doubt we'll be able to re-sign him. I'd guess he wants to start.

PGisthefuture
09-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Me too.

I doubt he would have signed a multi-year contract for this price tag. Also doubt we'll be able to re-sign him. I'd guess he wants to start.

I've got a good feeling about Augustin now that everyone keeps talking him up. I really think all it will take is for him to be on a good team for once.

MvPlumlee
09-28-2012, 02:03 AM
That's the third guy bragging about little DJ. Who's next? :)

It takes two parties to reach an agreement. You can't give a player more than 1 year if he doesn't want it. That's beyond the control of our management.

And I didn't know DJ was from New Orleans. So Granger and Augustin for Eric Gordon does make some sense in the trade thread. :blush:

Augustin/Rivers/Granger/Anderson/Davis that ain't bad at all

McKeyFan
09-28-2012, 08:38 AM
If we finally find someone who can really run an offense, I will call him Saint Augustin.

Brad8888
09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
If we finally find someone who can really run an offense, I will call him Saint Augustin.

As long as he doesn't play like he is about 450 years old. :)

sportfireman
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
That's the third guy bragging about little DJ. Who's next? :)

It takes two parties to reach an agreement. You can't give a player more than 1 year if he doesn't want it. That's beyond the control of our management.

And I didn't know DJ was from New Orleans. So Granger and Augustin for Eric Gordon does make some sense in the trade thread. :blush:

Augustin/Rivers/Granger/Anderson/Davis that ain't bad at all

Please no.... not again...

:clintshudder:

LoneGranger33
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd guess D.J. wants to be a starter at some point in the near future. We've already committed to a guy for 5 years and $40 million for that purpose.

mattie
09-28-2012, 12:00 PM
If it makes anyone feel better danny was out running with his bulldog last night, so he doesn't seem to be to bothered right now.

vnzla81
09-28-2012, 05:10 PM
And there goes that little bit of trade value Danny had....... JO,Dunleavy, Foster and now Danny :rolleyes:

Indiana Pacers "were we keep a player until he has no value" ....

J7F
09-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Please no.... not again...

:clintshudder:

Speaking of 450 years old...

Eleazar
09-28-2012, 05:36 PM
And there goes that little bit of trade value Danny had....... JO,Dunleavy, Foster and now Danny :rolleyes:

Indiana Pacers "were we keep a player until he has no value" ....

If you trade every player who ever has any ounce of value you ever you would never win.

Mad-Mad-Mario
09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd guess D.J. wants to be a starter at some point in the near future. We've already committed to a guy for 5 years and $40 million for that purpose.

The Idea could be that Hill move over to SG, George move to SF and Granger gets traded for depth.

McKeyFan
09-28-2012, 06:44 PM
can i join u?

McKeyFan
09-28-2012, 06:46 PM
can i join u?

lol. i was texting a friend.

Eleazar
09-28-2012, 06:55 PM
The Idea could be that Hill move over to SG, George move to SF and Granger gets traded for depth.

Or we just move Hill to the bench, and have similar or better depth.

Mad-Mad-Mario
09-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Or we just move Hill to the bench, and have similar or better depth.

Depends where they want the depth

McKeyFan
09-28-2012, 09:42 PM
As long as he doesn't play like he is about 450 years old. :)

More like 1,450.

But what's a millennium among friends?

Strummer
10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Just bumping this to set the record straight. Mark Montieth reports the timeline on Danny's knee injury. He had the procedure done four weeks ago, not during the playoffs. So he only had the procedure 12 days before this thread was started.

Interesting, he had it done in LA. I thought Kobe and others had to travel to Europe to have it done. Maybe it's approved in the US now?

Granger injured a tendon in his left knee toward the end of the second-round playoff series with Miami last season. He tweaked it during off-season workouts, and received a platelet-rich plasma injection in Los Angeles on Sept. 16. It's a modernistic approach to an age-old problem with athletes' knees, and one that has received encouraging reviews from the likes of Kobe Bryant, who underwent a similar procedure in 2011.
link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/grangers-knee-improving-practice-time-increasing)

xIndyFan
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't have a link, but there is a difference between the German procedure and the one Danny had done. In the US, the platelet-rich procedure just spins the blood to concentrate the platelets. The German procedure also heats [or some other tweak] the blood in addition to spinning it. It is the extra transformation step that is not allowed in the US. The use of platelet-rich plasma is and has been OK in the US.

Just bumping this to set the record straight. Mark Montieth reports the timeline on Danny's knee injury. He had the procedure done four weeks ago, not during the playoffs. So he only had the procedure 12 days before this thread was started.

Interesting, he had it done in LA. I thought Kobe and others had to travel to Europe to have it done. Maybe it's approved in the US now?

link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/grangers-knee-improving-practice-time-increasing)