PDA

View Full Version : Question about training camp guys.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Do players only signed for training camp typically get a locker and name plate. The reason I ask is because the Pacers tweeted a picture of Kevin Hart with a bunch of our guys in the locker room, and if you look to the left. Ahearn has his name above his locker and beside David Wests.

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/d5de569a04c711e280cd22000a1e8ac8_7.jpg

Sorry couldnt upload it.

If this needs moved, please feel free.

Heisenberg
09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't know. But our team is in need of a stylist.

Natston
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
I think it's fairly standard in all of the major sports for that to happen, the name plates are not really permanant.

Speed
09-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Sam Young's a good sized kid. I really hoping they found something there.

AugustinGrangerHill
09-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Sam Young's a good sized kid. I really hoping they found something there.

how much playing time do you guys expect Sam Young to get?

PGisthefuture
09-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Assuming he makes the team, I think he will get a decent amount. Him and Gerald will spend most of the time backing up PG and Danny imo. He's a legit NBA player, don't know why he didn't get used in Philly. Glad we could pick him up on the cheap tho.

Also, it's always nice seeing the team do stuff like this together before training camp starts.

Sandman21
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Wonder how much crap they gave him for helping steal PG's dunk title.....

Yeah, I'm still angry about that ********.

J7F
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM

I think that depends on what Lance looks like... I figure Dahntay's minutes are Lance's to lose to Sam...

Roaming Gnome
09-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I think it's fairly standard in all of the major sports for that to happen,[B] the name plates are not really permanant.[b]

Yeah, if you watched HBO's Hard Knocks you'd see that the name plates were just paper behind a clear plastic cover. They just slid the plastic cover aside, take the paper with the name and Dolphin logo out and crumple the paper up... and that name is no more! Very far from permanent!

LetsTalkPacers84
09-23-2012, 02:28 PM
OK, good. Like I said I was unaware of how it worked. Out of Ahearn, Gaines, Young, Johnson, and Pendergraph. Ahearn is my least favorite. Thanks.

yoadknux
09-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Danny looks like a zombie, Lance looks like he returned from 'nam, Hill looks like he's about to pop into his pimp-mobile
Pendergraph looks pretty good though...

Naptown_Seth
09-23-2012, 02:54 PM

15-20 mpg, barring issues or injury, he and Green should help offset Augustine on perimeter defense.

Pacemaker
09-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I like Ahearn. I like his IQ and his shooting. I hope he makes the team. You'll be surprised.

spreedom
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
God I hate Kevin Hart.

imbtyler
09-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Kevin Hart's eyes sit right at Lance's nipple level.

I hate that guy. Minimally funny.

PGisthefuture
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I think Kevin Hart is hilarious...

Johanvil
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM

Nothing better and more comfy than jeans and a casual t-shirt

imbtyler
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I think Kevin Hart is hilarious...

He's funny. But just like Katt Williams, there's something about incredibly short black comedians who apparently don't understand the Comedic Rule of Thirds.

You repeat a joke three times, and that's it. If it's really funny, or memorable, you repeat it at the end of your set, get a big laugh, and walk off the stage.

The fourth and fifth times I heard, "The way my bank account is set up... there's a checking and a savings... and I can't..." just killed me (in a bad way). Katt Williams did the same thing. There's apparently a very thick line between "comedian" and "def jam motivational speaker", and a lot of these guys pimp-walk across that line and honestly DGAF.

Again, I can tolerate Katt and Kevin. They have some really funny material. But repeating examples with the same punchline four, five, six times in a row is just overkill.

That, and Kevin Hart ruined Paul's chances of a Slam Dunk Championship. :censored:

McKeyFan
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
15-20 mpg, barring issues or injury, he and Green should help offset Augustine on perimeter defense.

u mean to tell me a guy i know nothing about and have barely heard of is gonna play 20 min a game for us?

Heisenberg
09-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Nothing better and more comfy than jeans and a casual t-shirt
Young and Lance mostly. But I've already spent too much time discussing this.

CJ Jones
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
u mean to tell me a guy i know nothing about and have barely heard of is gonna play 20 min a game for us?

Picking up Young is news to me, and it can only be a good thing. Seth apparently feels he'll beat out Lance for a backup wing spot which is entirely possible. I hope Lance can get put it together and earn his PT, but if he doesn't, Sam's not a bad option. Tough player, you'll like him.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-25-2012, 03:36 AM
He's funny. But just like Katt Williams, there's something about incredibly short black comedians who apparently don't understand the Comedic Rule of Thirds.

You repeat a joke three times, and that's it. If it's really funny, or memorable, you repeat it at the end of your set, get a big laugh, and walk off the stage.

The fourth and fifth times I heard, "The way my bank account is set up... there's a checking and a savings... and I can't..." just killed me (in a bad way). Katt Williams did the same thing. There's apparently a very thick line between "comedian" and "def jam motivational speaker", and a lot of these guys pimp-walk across that line and honestly DGAF.

Again, I can tolerate Katt and Kevin. They have some really funny material. But repeating examples with the same punchline four, five, six times in a row is just overkill.

That, and Kevin Hart ruined Paul's chances of a Slam Dunk Championship. :censored:
Family GUy breaks the rule of 3 all the time. You have to just do it so many more times until it's irnoically funny. I understand what you're saying though too. With all that said, I love Kevin Hart. Can't stand Kat Williams though.