PDA

View Full Version : Retro unis?

Shade
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know yet when these are going to make an appearance? I really want to pick up a Reggie one and maybe a JO one when they come out.

JOneal7
11-24-2004, 10:28 PM
JO won't be around to wear them...
lol

Ima pick up an artest :)

Shade
11-24-2004, 10:31 PM
JO won't be around to wear them...
lol

Ima pick up an artest :)
Will they even make one for Ronnie if the suspension stands?

ABADays
11-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Shade, Shade, Shade . . . you are way too cool to wear one of those ugly *** uniforms. One of the worst we ever had.

PacerFan31
11-24-2004, 10:37 PM
I know they come out at the Fieldhouse and other stores here in Indy this Friday the day after Thanksgiving but i'm not sure when they will actually wear them.

Shade
11-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Shade, Shade, Shade . . . you are way too cool to wear one of those ugly *** uniforms. One of the worst we ever had.
I want one as a tribute to Reggie.

ABADays
11-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Ok - you hit the soft spot in my heart.

Shade
11-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok - you hit the soft spot in my heart.Does this mean I get to move up in the rotation? :eyebrow:

ABADays
11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Well . . . with UB, able and Hicks being suspended I have no choice.

Shade
11-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Well . . . with UB, able and Hicks being suspended I have no choice.
:laugh: :devil:

TheSauceMaster
11-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Does anyone know yet when these are going to make an appearance? I really want to pick up a Reggie one and maybe a JO one when they come out.

They will be selling them Thursday from what I heard , might wanna check out the HomeCourt.

Hicks
11-25-2004, 01:08 AM
:laugh: :devil: That ******* hit me first! I swear! AND I NEVER WENT INTO THE STANDS, @)%(@*#%)!!! God I hate Stern.

JOneal7
11-25-2004, 03:02 AM
Ok guys enough! I'm sick of being the Jamison Brewer of the team...I think with people on suspension I should be allowed to dress! I'm better than half this team! And I provoked the fan to throw the junk at hicks!
mwuahhuauhhuwauh

Bball
11-25-2004, 04:00 AM
I THOUGHT it was the Thanksgiving game that they'd wear them but I may be confusing this with the Colts who I also think will be in retro uniforms T-day.

...Of course the Colts retro-uniforms rarely look any different from their normal uniforms .

-Bball

sweabs
11-25-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't know what to do. I want a Reggie Miller jersey of this type of course (seeing as though he actually wore it in his rookie year). But I'm torn. I like my jerseys to be rare - I hate it when I see someone else with the same one.

I'm anticipating others to buy this jersey, perhaps not Reggie but definitely Jermaine here in my city. Of course, it will be the swingman version. Should I save my money and get the swingman version of Reggie's...and risk being one of the many with a swingman of this jersey? Or, should I put out the real $$$ and buy the Mitchell & Ness of Reggie - authentic?

My dream of course, is to one day get it signed by Reggie and frame it in my room :drool:

TheSauceMaster
11-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I THOUGHT it was the Thanksgiving game that they'd wear them

-Bball

You Would Be Correct they are wearing them tonight for the game , They will also sell these at the game tonight from what I have heard.

Shade
11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Good timing for the question, huh? :laugh:

ROCislandWarrior
11-26-2004, 12:34 AM
This thread was better when it got hijacked by Shade, ABA, Hicks and JOneal7

Eindar
11-26-2004, 01:16 AM
I remember the old unis as being horribly ugly, but with the modernization of them, they're actually not bad.

Bball
11-26-2004, 01:35 AM
I remember the old unis as being horribly ugly, but with the modernization of them, they're actually not bad.

They're still pretty ugly (IMO). Unlike the older retros, I wouldn't want to see these as their regular unis ever again. OTOH, the old early 70's edition I don't have a problem with.

-Bball

Dr Huxtable
11-26-2004, 01:46 AM
I like them a lot. Not as much as the ones we wore last year though, but they are still very good unis.

JOneal7
11-26-2004, 02:47 AM
don't buy Mitchell N Ness..there overpriced like a *****!
ima get the JO one when I find me a job :( lol

Big Smooth
11-26-2004, 05:04 AM
I've got a Chuck Person. No Mitchell & Ness necessary.

Yeah my 15 minutes ended quickly. Although I did end up in Beckett's basketball card mag too!

Until I lose about 15-20 more pounds though, I think I'll keep the Person jersey stored away. I've had too many beers since that Miami series!

Deadshot
11-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Was that the Beckett with Jordan on the front from this summer? If so, I remember reading that - congrats!

Big Smooth
11-26-2004, 11:48 PM
Was that the Beckett with Jordan on the front from this summer? If so, I remember reading that - congrats!

Yep, that was the issue! The month of May was something else, between that & getting on a local late night TV show....wearing my Ron Artest jersey BTW. Actually that is kinda why I got on! LOL! The show producer chatted me up about the ECF which had just started then & ended up having me open the show, haha!

Man I wish I had the money to get courtside seats more often. It cost me $160 for the ticket to that Miami playoff game but I got to see Reggie hit a 3 pointer right in front of me - that was a priceless moment.