PDA

View Full Version : PD Forum Party Sign up poll

Jose Slaughter
09-14-2012, 01:00 AM
The Pacers Digest Forum Party time and location has been set.

Saturday October 13th, 6:00 PM until whenever

The Fox and the Hound
4901 East 82nd Street

From those coming from the west... you should exit on Keystone, ture left onto 82nd east... Fox and Hound is in a strip mall, directly behind Logan's, on the right side of the road.

From those coming from the east... exit on Allisonville Road (the bridge should be open by then), turn right onto 82nd street... Fox and Hound is in a strip mall, directly behind Logan's on the left side of the road.

The Fox and Hound web site: http://foxandhound.com/restaurantinf...d-indianapolis

Mapquest: http://mapq.st/RrfWqS

We have an area set aside that we can use from 6:00 until 3:00 AM.

Anyone under 21 will be welcome until 10:00.

We will hang out at Fox & Hound until at least 10, maybe 11 then drive about a half mile down the road to Perkins at the corner of 82nd & Allisonville Road.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Since it falls on my wife and child's Birthday, my chances of making it are between slim & none with heavy bets riding on none. I might be able to make a late night cameo.

Unclebuck
09-14-2012, 08:07 AM
I am about 50/50. Business trip in LA and not exactly sure what time I'll be flying back into Indy.

pacer4ever
09-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I gotta work but if I get off in time I might be able to make it to the after party at Perkins :laugh:

Trader Joe
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I think I'm gonna try and make it this time.

Natston
09-14-2012, 02:44 PM
The great thing about these parties is that you do get to put a face and a voice to a screenname, so when you are reading the digest you can imagine that person talking to you. That's why I have been banned from the forum parties...

Jose Slaughter
09-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Somebody is going to read that & think you're serious.

Naptown_Seth
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Somebody is going to read that & think you're serious.
Or someone is going to read that and think it's a good idea.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it this time.

Jose Slaughter
09-14-2012, 05:26 PM
That's why I have been banned from the forum parties...

Seth

This is the part I was talking about.

Natston
09-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I was joking everyone, I hope to make it to another one if time permits...

Psyren
09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Im going to try and make it.

kester99
09-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I was joking everyone, I hope to make it another one if time permits...

I'll buy the first beer if you venture out.

Naptown_Seth
09-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Seth

This is the part I was talking about.

That's the part I meant someone would think is a good idea. ;)

Natston is out, it's official. BANNED, HOPES DASHED.

Or worse, we give you a fake location and send you on a wild goose chase. We'll lure you out on this boondoggle with a fake promise of a free beer....oh, Kester's already on it I see.

:D

And if anyone is worried about joining unknown people, just know that it's perfectly normal for several new/non-regular people to show up and for the most part the night is a bunch of people dorking out on some of the most boring sports talk ever. There is zero reason to be intimidated by this group.

And if you love the Pacers you'll have a blast seeing how you can burn through 6 hours of "was Plumlee a good pick" and "Can Danny get back to the AS game" discussions. It's the lamest crazy party you'll ever go to...well, I don't LARP or anything so that's probably not a fair judgement, there must be far lamer groups than us. And we have more beer.

You'll leave at 1AM and wonder why things are ending so early since it's only been 6-7 hours.

Natston
09-20-2012, 03:12 AM
If you skip the forum parties you won't get the numerous inside jokes either. :)

vapacersfan
09-20-2012, 07:34 AM
For any lurkers:

I have only been to one, and as (I think) U.B. told me at the time forum party is probably not as good of a description as "forum gathering" is. Keep in mind I flew in from Virginia

I had a great time, and had great discussion with all involved. I think Peck led a round table discussion to start the night, and then we moved over to another place and sat around talked Pacers some more.

The only weird part about the night was MagicRat showing up late and hiding at the table behind us. Pretty sure I heard he was acting as a mole for the IndyStar that night :P

Seriously, if you get a chance to go, you should definitly do so.

BillS
09-20-2012, 09:26 AM
If you skip the forum parties you won't get the numerous inside jokes either. :)

To be fair, you won't end up as the butt of the inside jokes either, so it's kind of a wash :laugh:

Trader Joe
09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
The last time I was at a forum event, Jerryd Bayless was traded for Rush and Jack. Perhaps I should avoid on second thought for Shade's safety.

Natston
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
To be fair, you won't end up as the butt of the inside jokes either, so it's kind of a wash :laugh:

As long as the newbies know where the atm and the burlington coat factory are, they won't have to worry.

BillS
09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
As long as the newbies know where the atm and the burlington coat factory are, they won't have to worry.

And since it isn't at my place this time they won't have to worry about my dog liking them a Whole Lot.

Gamble1
09-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Well hopefully Seth goes as David Spade again this year.

I am pretty sure I will be able to make it.

Jose Slaughter
09-20-2012, 10:24 PM

I really miss Tim

Sandman21
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM

Speaking of the Burlington Coat Factory, isn't there one about to open behind the Perkins at 82nd and Allisonville?:-o

Jose Slaughter
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
thats just creepy

Sandman21
09-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Especially since I drove by yesterday and it was having its grand opening.:-o

Natston
09-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Well hopefully we don't acquire Al Harrington and then retrade him... again...

Jose Slaughter
10-03-2012, 02:50 AM
just over a week away...

a little reminder

kester99
10-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I plan to catch the game before vs MINN, and probably the game after, vs ATL, before I get out of Indiana this time. It will be my first time to a game in Indy, and I expect to spend some energy figuring out parking, post-game beer options, etc. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Trader Joe
10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I plan to catch the game before vs MINN, and probably the game after, vs ATL, before I get out of Indiana this time. It will be my first time to a game in Indy, and I expect to spend some energy figuring out parking, post-game beer options, etc. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Parking is super easy around the Fieldhouse, there are plenty of lots and you can always use the garage attached. Beer options are plentiful too. I will be at Mo's before the Minny game (It's my usual pre game spot, literally just north of the Fieldhouse). Food there is pricey, but it's a cool laid back place with a good bar and stiff drinks. They don't have anything on tap, but they do have a good bottle selection.

Scotty's has a big tap selection and is just north of Mo's, it is a prototypical sports bar, decent food (I'm not the biggest fan, but it's alrgiht) and a good beer list.

There is Kilroy's, kind of like Scotty's, food is worse than Scotty's except for the stuffed breadsticks which are great. OK beer selection. There is a Tilted Kilt (Think Hooter's only with girls in Catholic School girl outfits) across from Kilroys, both of these are about a block west of the Fieldhouse.

There is The Pub directly west from the Fieldhouse, never really been in there, but it's usually pretty busy before and after games.

Since86
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't know about the Scotty's menu downtown, but they recently added a Shewman Burger to the Muncie one. It's a bacon cheeseburger with cheddar cheese, jalapeno, and peanut butter. Had one the other day, minus the jalapeno. It's surprisingly good.

Just throwing that out there.

BillS
10-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Rumor from the woman who bartends at the Makers Mark stand on the west side of the main concourse is that those will be turning into microbrew stands this season. Yum, if true and if they are local brews on draft.

Trader Joe
10-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Rumor from the woman who bartends at the Makers Mark stand on the west side of the main concourse is that those will be turning into microbrew stands this season. Yum, if true and if they are local brews on draft.

Oh hellz yeah

Sollozzo
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I might be able to finally make one of these.

Jose Slaughter
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
I've been PM'n posters like crazy too.

I hope to finish up before this weekend

shags
10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I think I'm going to be able to make it as well. You'll recognize me when I show up. :)

Naptown_Seth
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I literally hate the wait staff at Scotty's downtown and the food prep there is always iffy IMO. They have a pretty good disinterest in your enjoyment. ;) But the bar is stocked to the brim with tapped beers of all types, to an impressive level. So if you like beer variety and are fine to just sit at the bar then that's the place for you.

The Pub can get full and is one of those classic wind around snaking kinda hard to move through bars. But it's become a pretty good pre-post Pacers games bar. I've only been a few times but the staff seemed friendly.

Trader Joe - I don't have my tickets yet so I don't know what's up with which pre-season games I have (I have half, not full), but I'll come over there before the Minny game regardless. If I don't have tix maybe I'll grab a pair. Either way I'll come have a John Daly before the game.

PARKING - NEVER, EVER pay for the garage. It's so overpriced compared to the other options. I've had free parking with my tix in the past and used it, but even then last year we were on floor 2 which forced out to Delaware instead of Maryland to NJ, so it sucked. There are meters on Wash and NJ and a couple of cheap lots there too. There is the outside lot next to the garage. There is a garage just north of Conseco. There are even a few free spots on the street if you look.

To me $8-$10 to park downtown is a rip-off, period. You can park for $5 to 0$ and be almost as close and with a quicker exit rate after the game.

Trader Joe
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Sounds good Seth. I'm usually either at a bar table, the bar, or one of the couches in the entry area. Check your online ticket manage account and you should see your preseason game tickets on there. Booklets don't get mailed til the 20th I think.

BillS
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
We started making the trek over to the RAM after games because Scotty's is a bit of a pain. If I could afford Moe's more often we'd be there :)

PritchSlap
10-06-2012, 12:38 AM
I want to, but it's homecoming weekend at purdue.. too many free drinks from alumni to leave.

kester99
10-06-2012, 01:07 AM
So maybe Moe's before the MINN game and the Ram after....

Naptown_Seth
10-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't have the Minny game in my package, but I'm going go over to Moe's for a drink since TJ and I have been talking about it for about 6 months. I might get a ticket for the game, haven't decided.

Steagles
10-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope I can go. Kinda crappy I have to leave early but it's whatever.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk

Natston
10-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Still a maybe, as in hopefully the gf has to work Saturday so I can sneek out... ;)

Steagles
10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I might be out of state on the college road trip. Had to push it back a few days because of a car issue.

Hicks
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Still a maybe, as in hopefully the gf has to work Saturday so I can sneek out... ;)

:whip:

MTM
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Now that I am in town and no longer in VA, I need to try to make one of these parties. I am a 'maybe' this time - will be at the preseason game the night before though.

Unclebuck
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I am 99% a no go. Will be flying back in from LA arriving around 9:00 PM.

spazzxb
10-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately I will be in indy to attend my grandmothers funerall Saturday. Going to Fridays game and might consider stopping by the party to say hi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pacergod2
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately I will be in indy to attend my grandmothers funerall Saturday. Going to Fridays game and might consider stopping by the party to say hi.

You should.

xBulletproof
10-09-2012, 05:29 PM

You better Just For Men those sideburns there Jim, so nobody notices who you are. Haha, just messing with you.

On a more important note, sorry about your loss. :-(

pacer4ever
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
anyone want to car pool from the southside? I mean 82 is quite a drive and not friendly on the ol gas tank lol

I will probably make it not working that day so we will see.

Jose Slaughter
10-11-2012, 02:10 AM
For most of the details please check the first post in the thread.

I do have a couple new pieces of information I'd like to pass along.

1. The ramp system that they've worked on all summer at the Allisonville Road exit is open

2. In the past we've mainly pooled our money to pay the tab.

This time everyone will be taking care of their own check.

Pacer fans are always good at showing the waitress that takes care of us how much we appreciate their effort, let Saturday be no exception.

3. We have an area set aside for us on the right side of the floor. Its kind of walled off but not totally enclosed. I hope that makes more sence once you enter and see the layout. Try not to arrive too early. We have the space from 6:00 until whenever, so anytime after 5:45 should be ok. After 10:00 its an over 21 bar so I'd like to move over to Perkins between 10 and maybe 10:30'ish.

4. I warned Perkins that I was bringing in a large group Saturday night between 10 & 10:30. We even have our enclosed room that we like soooo much! For those new to the Castleton area, Perkins is located on the northeast corner of Allisonville Road and 82nd street. Everyone pays their own way at Perkins as well.

The poll shows we could have anywhere from 9 to 26. Either way, I'm really looking forward to Saturday night.

See ya there!

grace
10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I should show up after work just to shock the ****** out of everyone (at least the people who know who I am).

spazzxb
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
The thing is my name is jim

DangerGranger3pointranger
10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Probably not going to be there.

Gamble1
10-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I finally get to come to this after a year of missing them.

Gamble1
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
:whip:
You have no idea...

mattie
10-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Hey folks, I got called into work so I will only be there for a little bit, so I hope people can quickly get there and have fun. I feel bad about having to leave early since I sort of helped set things up a lil' bit, but **** happens.

Anywho, I work at Howl at the Moon downtown so if you meet me, you'll be sure to see me downtown this season after games if you decide to go party at the Howl. (unless you're seth lol).

There will be lots of food for everyone (free of charge yay) when you get there so please be sure to take care of the servers there! Don't make me out to be a dick!!! 20% is the minimum good tip now days.

Thank you! Party hardy and go Pacers!!!

mattie
10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh and if you're sitting here reading this and you don't have **** to do tonight? SHOWUP. :)

Shade
10-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, I may be out for this one. Not feeling particularly well and factoring in the drive on top of that makes this a tough one for me.

Hoop
10-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I wanted to come, but looks like I will not make it.

cgg
10-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I wanted to come, but I live in Florida.

Steagles
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I just got back from my college visit trip yesterday, and my ride there was sick. So between those two, I couldn't make it, unfortunately.

spazzxb
10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
I wanted to come, but I live in Florida.

I was going to stop by but the family stayed together at my sisters until 11 so I just headed home. Was glad to see the pacers win and green light if up last night.

kester99
10-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Just got back, told Peck I'd post where my seat for the ATL game is...it's section 6, row 6, st 15.

Nice time at the get together. Got to meet some folks I hadn't known before, and I owe Mattie a shooter.

mattie
10-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Just got back, told Peck I'd post where my seat for the ATL game is...it's section 6, row 6, st 15.

Nice time at the get together. Got to meet some folks I hadn't known before, and I owe Mattie a shooter.

Haha it was nice to meet you. Wish I could have stayed.