PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Killer Artest

stipo
11-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Is it an ad for his shoes? (sounds like it, but I'm not sure)

kinda goes along with the Kegboy Hannibal Lecter theme.

Vicious Tyrant
11-25-2004, 12:00 PM
I don't follow shoes and things much, but I wonder how this latest incident will effect his shoe sales - does anyone out there follow that kind of thing?

SjA3837
11-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Funny stuff... lol

TheSauceMaster
11-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Look for a Artest Commercial on TNT tonight if you watch the game , I seen a preview of it Last night.

pollardfreek
11-25-2004, 02:02 PM
http://tinypic.com/n9hs7

PacerFan31
11-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Look for a Artest Commercial on TNT tonight if you watch the game , I seen a preview of it Last night.

The Artest TNT commercials got pulled because of the fight and I heard a report that he may have also lost his deal with LA Gear and he lost his D headband deal as well.

PacerFan31
11-25-2004, 02:53 PM
on Channel 13 or 8 they said learn how Artest will be losing a lot more money then the money he will lose from his suspension and that is what they said.

PacerFan31
11-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey Pacersfan, where did you get that banner? Did you make that yourself?

yea I did make it with photoshop and then put it into imageready to make it a gif

FiestyFosterFanatic
11-25-2004, 03:40 PM
LA Gear and D Band would be stupid for releasing him from his contract. They could make so much money on shoe sales, especially after this incident. I know I was thinking about getting the shoes, then after the incident I really wanted to get his shoes.

Vicious Tyrant
11-25-2004, 08:30 PM
I want to start my own apperal/shoe business, and I am looking into this.

As far as I have heard, LA Gear is supporting him, but they have not made a public statement this this happened.

Let us know how this works out for you as it progresses. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing more.

I played some intramural ball in college, and I wasn't bad. If you want to release a line of my shoes, I'm sure we could work something out.

;)

dannyboy
11-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Is it an ad for his shoes? (sounds like it, but I'm not sure)

kinda goes along with the Kegboy Hannibal Lecter theme.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but looks like the Sports Guy has the same idea.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/041122

7.This seems like a good place to bring up the suspensions:

Artest (season) -- Given his past history, this seemed fair to me. The NBA wanted to make it clear that players aren't allowed in the stands under any circumstances -- you want situations where players are pointing out the culprits, not punching them. But do you really think the Players Association will allow one of their guys to lose an entire season of paychecks? Please. If he's not back by March 15, I'll be absolutely stunned. (Note: The union is already appealing the suspensions; the league claims it's an on-court incident, which cannot be appealed. The union will no doubt counter that it became an off-court incident. Stay tuned.)

For the rest of the season, before every game, Artest gets wheeled out to midcourt like Hannibal Lecter -- you know, tied to one of those white stretchers and wearing a strait jacket and the metal facemask. Then, they untie him, and he gets to warm up with his team. I think this would get the message across to the fans -- stay away from this guy.