PDA

View Full Version : fan 5 year banned

able
11-24-2004, 06:05 PM
no, of course not in the nba/detroit!

In the UK a fan was banned yesterday for 5 whole years from attending ANY football match (he has to report to local police on play-days of his team and is on a ban list for any other game) for guess what......

fighting players? naw
throwing things to a player ? naw

using racial slurs towards 1 particular player during a match? yes!

UEFA together with FIFA have also announced a firmer stance against racial slurs and chanting racial insults or making "jungle" noises from the "stands".

In future referees are entitled to end the game, with the home-side the loser unless the sounds com from visiting fan quarters (they are quit strict in seperating fans in European football)

No, chances are 0 that players go in the stands, not because they don't want to, but simply because of the distance between them.

Had the Pistons been a European football team, they would have been thrown out of the competition a long time ago, their fan behaviour is known all over the league and many players complained, as well as press people about being on the receiving end of thrown beverages (Slick: this year it was only bear, last year it was hot coffee i got thrown over me)

I remain on my position that Stern handled this matter VERY poorly, not only because of the outrageous sanctions against the Pacers, but mainly because of the "free" ticket he gave the Piston fans to behave however they want.

Vicious Tyrant
11-25-2004, 03:55 AM
That would be a very appropriate consequence for the fans who were involved.

Your point about Stern's "free ticket" is exactly correct.

Maybe next time I'm at Conseco, I'll make a poster with a big size D battery taped to it saying "Thank you David Stern for your permission to throw this at <insert name here>'s head."