PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect of the pacers now?

RONisdaman
11-24-2004, 06:46 PM
What do you all think about the pacers now? I think that after j.o., SJax, Reggie, Foster, A.J. come back that we can still contend for the championship. We are still a strong team but I would like Ron back but it looks like we may not. I wanna hear everyone elses comments! :)

hoopsforlife
11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
What do you all think about the pacers now? I think that after j.o., SJax, Reggie, Foster, A.J. come back that we can still contend for the championship. We are still a strong team but I would like Ron back but it looks like we may not. I wanna hear everyone elses comments! :)

I think the Pacers will have a very good shot at the championship this year. The experience these young guys are getting will be invaluable during the playoffs. We will have everybody but Ron back at that time and JO will be totally healed and very fresh for the end run.

James Jones has impressed me on the defensive end and he will fill in nicely for Ron all year.
Tinsley has stepped up his game to another level this year. His defense is much better and he showing his offense now. Love the way he plays.

Foster will be ready and hungry when he returns. Reggie was shooting 70% from the field when he got hurt.

Pollard needs time to heal fully. Maybe these 2 new guys will stick and give him from relief.
I could see them contributing well, and with Ron out for the year, Edwards could be moved to IR. We could be stronger at the end of the year than we were before all this stuff happened.

The thing that the Pacers are doing is playing team ball. Tinsley's passing sets up Pollard, Cro, Harrison and anybody else who stands under the basket. Tremendous.

Harrison will get better and better. His shot blocking underneath is great.

Fred plays smart and picks and chooses his time for action.

This is a team in the true sense of the word. No flash, no big heads, just a good working team with a common goal in mind.

It would almost be a shame if the Pacers win the title without Ron. He wants one so bad and deserves one.
But there is always next year.....

Shade
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
We can still win the championship, or at least make the Finals. Even w/o Ron, we can beat the Pistons.

Will Galen
11-24-2004, 09:00 PM
We can still do it! Most people think the Pacers are playing over their heads and overachieving, but their not.

Their arguably the deepest team in the NBA. Look at James Jones for an example. He's been going against Artest and Harrington in practice's for a year. (Plus our great practice player Bender.) <grin>

You go against All Stars all the time you get better even if you don't play.

Plus this team is playing as a team, and with focus. And with the staggered way players will be returning it will only help. I think this team will play above .500 until JO gets back and then it will take off and surprise a lot of people!

Yep, I think we be a contender!