PDA

View Full Version : Reggie statue proposal

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I think the Pacers should have a statue of Reggie made and put at either the Market Square Arena site or outside Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Good idea?

Brad8888
09-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Since the Fieldhouse is the house that Reggie built, a statue of him would be very appropriate either outside it, or in the rotunda / entry pavilion IMO.

DangerGranger3pointranger
09-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Great Idea, I don't see why not.

PacerPenguins
09-03-2012, 08:15 PM
that would be BA

Hicks
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Some of us were fortunate enough to witness the prototype clay model for one back in I think 2005. For whatever reason, it never got made/finished.

Hicks
09-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Ah, I found some old saved photos from it. It was our Summer '05 party. See attached.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=592&d=1346718144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=593&d=1346718144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=594&d=1346718145

Eddie Gill
09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
We're not thinking big enough here guys. The Fieldhouse, Market Square - screw it, let's just build another Soldiers & Sailors-sized monument for Reggie and Peyton. We'll call it the Shooters & Saviors monument.

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Ah, I found some old saved photos from it. It was our Summer '05 party. See attached.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=592&d=1346718144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=593&d=1346718144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=594&d=1346718145

or him jumping around after he hit the shot vs the bulls.

DavidWestsXTatoo
09-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah that would be nice...not sure what I think of the models posted by Hicks...I think it should look like Coopdog23's picture...just me...either way we need one ASAP

CableKC
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
To play Devil's Advocate....would a city like Indianapolis raise a statue of Payton Manning before they raise one of Reggie?

Kid Minneapolis
09-03-2012, 09:21 PM
To play Devil's Advocate....would a city like Indianapolis raise a statue of Payton Manning before they raise one of Reggie?

To play solution-maker, why the hell isn't there a statue of either one? Like we don't have room for 2 statues?

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
To play solution-maker, why the hell isn't there a statue of either one? Like we don't have room for 2 statues?

Peyton is still playing. Reggie is retired. Peyton's statue will come and it'll be in front of Lucas Oil since the RCA Dome is now the convention center

xBulletproof
09-03-2012, 09:27 PM
His statue should be of him doing the choke sign.

Or pushing off Jordan just because.

Pacers4Life
09-03-2012, 09:40 PM
There was another model they were pushing around the think tank but it was too expensive to build one with all of the Knicks fans with looks of anguish on their faces.

A Reggie statue would be awesome.

Indra
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I think the OP's avatar would be a great statue, or the one of Reggie pointing to the sky with his hand over his heart when he retired. Those would be great. Don't really dig the clay model, doesn't scream "Reggie" to me. Maybe if he had a leg kicked out there it might.

Eleazar
09-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I think the OP's avatar would be a great statue, or the one of Reggie pointing to the sky with his hand over his heart when he retired. Those would be great. Don't really dig the clay model, doesn't scream "Reggie" to me. Maybe if he had a leg kicked out there it might.

I agree, there are some iconic poses Reggie has had over the years, and the clay model doesn't really represent any of them.

Heisenberg
09-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Glad that clay model didn't get made. Thing looks like Gollum.

Kid Minneapolis
09-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Reggie and Gollum share a lot of physical/facial traits, but let's not focus on that. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

vnzla81
09-04-2012, 12:07 AM

:laugh: I was trying hard to remember what that clay model remind me of and thanks to you I now figured it out, you are right that looks like Gollum.

Hicks
09-04-2012, 12:27 AM
I recognize the pose as Reggie doing one of his leaner/runner shots. He used to do that enough that I associated it with him.

travmil
09-04-2012, 12:57 AM
This is what the statue should be, especially if you're going to park it in the lobby of BLF.

http://kentsterling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/reggie-Miller1-294x300.jpg

ilive4sports
09-04-2012, 02:03 AM
How bad *** would this be?

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/ReggieChoke.jpg

Eddie Gill
09-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Reggie and Gollum share a lot of physical/facial traits, but let's not focus on that. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

There's a joke involving a ring to be made, but I refuse to make it...

Tom White
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
If a statue of a basketball player is to be built in Indianapolis, it should be of the greatest player to have a connection with the city. That would be Oscar Robertson. There is just no comparison when it comes to Oscar's accomplishments. No, it wouldn't be proper for it to be at BLF, but maybe somewhere on the renovated Georgia Street where they are honoring various Hoosiers. Then the second statue, one of Reggie could grace BLF.

It might be humorous to position the statues so that Oscar is throwing Reggie the ball, with Reggie getting set to launch a three! Of course that would be one really long pass.

vnzla81
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't like that thing coming out of Reggie's a** either, that prototype is meh.

Natston
09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
That's why it's a prototype... ;)

RWB
09-04-2012, 12:30 PM
That's why it's a prototype... ;)

Exactly... this particular model was not a final product but rather an idea of what could be. From my understanding Rick Fuson with the Pacers had an interest in seeing if the project was feasible first. Apparently after about 3 months time there were too many nays. The love was there for Reggie but a championship was needed to push that type of project over the top.

Funny thing is this site has always been respected for being the ultimate place for Pacers and other than the Pacers brass members of PD were the only ones to ever see that prototype.

P.S. The same guy that tried to get Reggie's statue is the same person who is working on the Bird statue at Indiana State and made the Carmel Indiana War Memorial by the Palladium. http://bill-wolfe.com/index.html

Another link that has a painting the artist made of Reggie http://bill-wolfe.com/paintings_update.htm The guy went to Indiana State so there is the Bird connection, but even in Bird's hey day with the Celtics the artist was always a Pacer fan first.

Slick Pinkham
09-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I like this pose, maybe on a plexiglas base to capture the elevation, and minus all the anguished Knicks fans who know with complete certainty that the shot will go in.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/people/m/miller_reggie/1998_0510knicks.jpg

Coopdog23
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Him jumping around here would be perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h18Ejq2Qwx8

Coopdog23
09-04-2012, 06:42 PM
If a statue of a basketball player is to be built in Indianapolis, it should be of the greatest player to have a connection with the city. That would be Oscar Robertson. There is just no comparison when it comes to Oscar's accomplishments. No, it wouldn't be proper for it to be at BLF, but maybe somewhere on the renovated Georgia Street where they are honoring various Hoosiers. Then the second statue, one of Reggie could grace BLF.

It might be humorous to position the statues so that Oscar is throwing Reggie the ball, with Reggie getting set to launch a three! Of course that would be one really long pass.

Oscar never played for the Pacers though. I understand your reasoning but Reggie is more deserving

PR07
09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I think it's a great idea. However, I'm not thrilled with that clay model. Not only does it look like an alien, but that pose isn't how I'd remember Reggie at all. Sure, he shot that runner every now and then but I'd rather have him shooting with his leg slightly kicked out or his hands up in the air after just draining a three. He is after all one of the greatest three point shooters of all time.

The question is, when is the timing right?

Eleazar
09-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I think it's a great idea. However, I'm not thrilled with that clay model. Not only does it look like an alien, but that pose isn't how I'd remember Reggie at all. Sure, he shot that runner every now and then but I'd rather have him shooting with his leg slightly kicked out or his hands up in the air after just draining a three. He is after all one of the greatest three point shooters of all time.

The question is, when is the timing right?

The time is always right.

Heisenberg
09-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I have the suspicion that that clay model pose came from the PHX game winner, it's the exact kind of shot that won it. I watched it on youtube earlier, I'd dig it up but I'm lazy.

Tom White
09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Oscar never played for the Pacers though. I understand your reasoning but Reggie is more deserving

That is why I said it would not be fitting to have it at BLF. As far as the second part of your reply, nobody who ever played basketball in Indiana at any level would be more deserving of a statue than Oscar. He and his Attucks team broke barriers, and he is still the only NBA player to average a triple double for an entire season, and almost average one for his career. He also has an NBA title in his resume, just not with the Pacers, and was an Olympic Gold Medalist.

Maybe it is just a generational sort of difference in our views. I'm getting to be an old fart. :laugh:

09-05-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/webkit-fake-url://195D6572-7D8B-4FD8-97A8-F36E1E72627C/imagejpeg

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 10:43 AM
That is why I said it would not be fitting to have it at BLF. As far as the second part of your reply, nobody who ever played basketball in Indiana at any level would be more deserving of a statue than Oscar. He and his Attucks team broke barriers, and he is still the only NBA player to average a triple double for an entire season, and almost average one for his career. He also has an NBA title in his resume, just not with the Pacers, and was an Olympic Gold Medalist.

Maybe it is just a generational sort of difference in our views. I'm getting to be an old fart. :laugh:

i understand your point

Larry Staverman
09-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Reggie was a great player but the bottom line to me is
No Championship...No Statue!!

BillS
09-05-2012, 12:13 PM

Ahh. Thus the complete lack of statues around Wrigley Field.

Wait.....

Seriously, I think a championship can't be the only criterion for whether a player meant enough to the franchise and city to merit a statue.

Since86
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Wait.....

Seriously, I think a championship can't be the only criterion for whether a player meant enough to the franchise and city to merit a statue.

All the more reason why no title should equal no statue. It shouldn't be the only criteria, but it should atleast be one.

Reggie deserves something, but I don't think a statue is that something.

BillS
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
All the more reason why no title should equal no statue. It shouldn't be the only criteria, but it should atleast be one.

I disagree, because individual players are more than just bringing championships - especially since they don't have total control over what happens on the floor since there are other players around.

I can't imagine Wrigley without a statue of Ernie Banks, for example.

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 12:25 PM

18 years with one franchise. One of the greatest clutch players ever. Deserving

Since86
09-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I disagree, because individual players are more than just bringing championships - especially since they don't have total control over what happens on the floor since there are other players around.

I can't imagine Wrigley without a statue of Ernie Banks, for example.

Had Reggie won 2 NBA MVPs, I'd probably agree that a statue is warranted. But without any major individual accomplishments and without any major team accomplishments, it's hard for me to elevate Reggie to that level.

I think statues should be left for the creme de la creme.

vnzla81
09-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Had Reggie won 2 NBA MVPs, I'd probably agree that a statue is warranted. But without any major individual accomplishments and without any major team accomplishments, it's hard for me to elevate Reggie to that level.

Yeah at first I thought "yeah he deserves an statue" but the more I think about it the more I feel that he doesn't deserve one, what are they going to put on the bottom part of the statue? second best 3 point shooter of all time and what else? Ok been part of the dream team and his five all stars what else?

BillS
09-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Yes, you have a point, but given how few teams actually win championships, and how few players outside those teams get the MVP, I think the meaning of the player to the fans has to be a huge factor, probably the overriding factor.

It isn't like the statue couldn't be moved if a player comes along who eclipses Reggie in every way. There's plenty of room in both entry plazas (inside and out) plus places in the concourse for statues, so we aren't talking about limited space issues.

Getting a statue does one important thing - it reminds everyone who walks into the Fieldhouse that we had a player loved by the fans who gave a great deal to the Pacers and the city. Why not take advantage of that good feeling?

Ultimately we're talking here about an honor that is relative to the Pacers franchise alone, not to the rest of the league.

Now, should Reggie have the only statue? That would be "no", there should be one of Slick and even one that's a group setting of the ABA championship teams (because I think that to most people those were TEAMS that they remember, not just specific players). We should start using some of that outside space to show off things we're proud of.

BillS
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah at first I thought "yeah he deserves an statue" but the more I think about it the more I feel that he doesn't deserve one, what are they going to put on the bottom part of the statue? second best 3 point shooter of all time and what else? Ok been part of the dream team and his five all stars what else?

At this point he is "Mr. Pacer" by virtue of having played more games for the franchise than any other player. Considering it is VERY unlikely anyone else will reach that longevity - not just because it was with one team but because he played so long - that's not going to go away any time soon. Just put "Reggie Miller. Mr. Pacer. Basketball Hall of Fame, 2012" and leave it at that.

Slick Pinkham
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah at first I thought "yeah he deserves an statue" but the more I think about it the more I feel that he doesn't deserve one, what are they going to put on the bottom part of the statue?

"Hall of Fame sharpshooter"

Should Indiana State not have a Larry Bird statue since ISU won zero national championship with Larry?

No.

Give Reggie one and maybe give Slick one too.

Ransom
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Mel Daniels won championships (Slick too). Just sayin.

Since86
09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes, you have a point, but given how few teams actually win championships, and how few players outside those teams get the MVP, I think the meaning of the player to the fans has to be a huge factor, probably the overriding factor.

Statues should be an exclusive club. Giving out statues to really good players, devalues the statue IMHO.

I'm not trying to pee on the Reggie parade. I think BLF needs something celebrating Reggie's HOF career. More than just a retired jersey.

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Statues should be an exclusive club. Giving out statues to really good players, devalues the statue IMHO.

I'm not trying to pee on the Reggie parade. I think BLF needs something celebrating Reggie's HOF career. More than just a retired jersey.

Whos to say that the statue would be outside BLF

Since86
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Where it's put doesn't change my opinion.

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Where it's put doesn't change my opinion.

just saying

Eddie Gill
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM

How would it devalue the statue? It's not like anyone is suggesting JO gets a statue (although, by the "never won an MVP" logic he only finished a couple votes shy of 'deserving' one of his own in 2003).

Reggie Miller is not just a good player, he is a Hall of Fame player.

Like it or not, he remains the face of this franchise. Go around the country and tell people your a Pacers fan - 9/10 people will immediately mention how much they loved watching Reggie in the 90s (that's certainly been my experience, anyway).

I'm really stunned that we're are even debating the merit of a statue.

vnzla81
09-05-2012, 02:14 PM
At this point he is "Mr. Pacer" by virtue of having played more games for the franchise than any other player. Considering it is VERY unlikely anyone else will reach that longevity - not just because it was with one team but because he played so long - that's not going to go away any time soon. Just put "Reggie Miller. Mr. Pacer. Basketball Hall of Fame, 2012" and leave it at that.

I think that instead of an statue they should have a corner dedicated to him with videos and stuff. My thing with an statue is that I want my kidds to see the greates player at something and Reggie doesn't qualify in my opinion.

Trader Joe
09-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Reggie means more to the Pacers than pretty much any player ever will. It would take multiple titles from someone to change that. Without Reggie Miller, the Pacers aren't in Indiana right now.

Since86
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm a Pacers fan because of Reggie Miller. I was an 8year old kid glued to the TV, by myself in the room most of the time, watching Reggie make his name. The impact he had on the franchise is not lost on me. I can assure you of that.

vnzla81
09-05-2012, 02:37 PM
To me an statue has to tell an story and an statue about Reggie doesn't do that, for example MJ's statue, you have to spend time reading all the records he broke all the MVP's he won, all the championships, with Reggie the story is just to short In my opinion other than the 18 years with the franchise.

cdash
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
To me an statue has to tell an story and an statue about Reggie doesn't do that, for example MJ's statue, you have to spend time reading all the records he broke all the MVP's he won, all the championships, with Reggie the story is just to short In my opinion other than the 18 years with the franchise.

I'm not sure that Reggie deserves a statue, but you did an incredible job of downplaying all of his importance for the city and the franchise here. Well done.

Trader Joe
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
imagine standing in front of a Reggie statue talking to your kid about the gangly kid from California who never backed down, even from the greatest basketball player of all time. Talk about a guy who in his last game as a pro went out guns blazing with his back against the wall against the hated Pistons, talk about 8 points in 8.9 seconds, talk about 27 points in the 4th quarter.

vapacersfan
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Mr. Indiana, built the Fieldhouse, Drew fans from near and far.....

I get the championship argument, I just 100% disagree with it.

Without Reggie Miller, I am never a fan of the Pacers, I never really get into the NBA, and I probably never find this place (though some people may have enjoyed it more that way :D)

vapacersfan
09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
imagine standing in front of a Reggie statue talking to your kid about the gangly kid from California who never backed down, even from the greatest basketball player of all time. Talk about a guy who in his last game as a pro went out guns blazing with his back against the wall against the hated Pistons, talk about 8 points in 8.9 seconds, talk about 27 points in the 4th quarter.

NJ bank shot, followed the the dunk in overtime.

39 at 39 years old....

Pacers#1Fan
09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
A statue at the end of Georgia St. right in front of the Bankers Life would be sick IMHO.

Trader Joe
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Also I think the obvious pose for the statue would be a slightly fading 3 point shot.

vnzla81
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure that Reggie deserves a statue, but you did an incredible job of downplaying all of his importance for the city and the franchise here. Well done.

That was not my intention, I'm just giving an opinion and yes I know Reggie was important, I wouldn't be a Pacers fan if it wasn't for him.

vapacersfan
09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Refreshing to see a debate where both sides are civil, even though they disagree.

Shade musta made everyone take their meds today :D

I do wonder what the hold up for any statue has been, if there is a hold up (money, fan perception)

Surely Slick should have a statue, no? Then again, IMO surely he shoulda been in the HOF ages ago.

DangerGranger3pointranger
09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
John Stockton recieved a statue and he never won a championship. He got it because he was so loyal to one franchise. (Reggie played 18 for the Pacers, and John Stockton played 19 for Utah).

cdash
09-05-2012, 04:38 PM
That was not my intention, I'm just giving an opinion and yes I know Reggie was important, I wouldn't be a Pacers fan if it wasn't for him.

Most of us wouldn't. I have never been a huge fan of statues. I'd like to think that only legendary players who transcended the game deserve them.

Hicks
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
To me you're good enough for a statue if you were beloved enough and/or seen as significant enough by your community to have a statue. Nothing more, nothing less. We loved Reggie, he was huge for our franchise, and his # in the rafters was highly appropriate, as would be a statue IMO.

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
How would it devalue the statue? It's not like anyone is suggesting JO gets a statue (although, by the "never won an MVP" logic he only finished a couple votes shy of 'deserving' one of his own in 2003).

Reggie Miller is not just a good player, he is a Hall of Fame player.

Like it or not, he remains the face of this franchise. Go around the country and tell people your a Pacers fan - 9/10 people will immediately mention how much they loved watching Reggie in the 90s (that's certainly been my experience, anyway).

I'm really stunned that we're are even debating the merit of a statue.

exactly

PR07
09-05-2012, 05:42 PM
A championship should be part of the criteria, but it should not be the end-be.

It's not all of Reggie's fault that he didn't get one. Part of it could be TPTB, the same groups of people that may be preventing a Reggie statue at this present time for not giving him a little more help.

idioteque
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
At least within the borders of the city, Reggie transcended basketball during his career in Indianapolis. If it wasn't for Reggie, there may not be BLF. Without BLF, Indiana has no premier arena venue in 2012. No B10 championships, etc. The implications for that are pretty big.

graphic-er
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Also I think the obvious pose for the statue would be a slightly fading 3 point shot.

As poses go, this pose would not be good for a statue, as the subjects arms would covering his face. While iconic, I just don't think it would communicate well. It would need some other embellishments with it to make it into a scene and communicate the movement and action.

I really love the pose of him repping Indiana on the Jersey. Or the famous pose from his final game with his finger in the air.

An alternative theme could be Reggie kneeling down and giving fives to a group of young kids or something. Cementing his legacy for the community service that he so rarely acknowledged, and his character off the court.

vapacersfan
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
As poses go, this pose would not be good for a statue, as the subjects arms would covering his face. While iconic, I just don't think it would communicate well. It would need some other embellishments with it to make it into a scene and communicate the movement and action.

I really love the pose of him repping Indiana on the Jersey. Or the famous pose from his final game with his finger in the air.

An alternative theme could be Reggie kneeling down and giving fives to a group of young kids or something. Cementing his legacy for the community service that he so rarely acknowledged, and his character off the court.

Bath great ideas, but I would have to go with the repping Indiana one

Indra
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM

So Reggie doesn't deserve a statue because he wasn't Michael Jordan? I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, buddy, but nobody was Michael Jordan. If you only build statues to the "greatest player at something," then there would only be like 10 statues in the country. You build a statue to someone you want to honor, to someone who meant a great deal to the team, to the fans, to his city. Ernie Banks wasn't the greatest home run hitter of all time. Neither was Harmon Killebrew or Babe Ruth. Does that mean they're not deserving of a statue? Of course not. This idea that there has to be great requirements met to be honored with a statue is foolish. You could argue that nobody did more for this organization than Reggie Miller. That without Reggie there might not be an Indiana Pacers, that half this board wouldn't be fans if he weren't around. I know he's the reason I became a fan. He was a Hall of Fame player in the Michael Jordan era. His only fault was not being Michael. Not many teams won championships during Reggie's prime other than the Bulls. Belittling his accomplishments for this franchise by comparing him to Michael Jordan is pretty obtuse.

Coopdog23
09-06-2012, 09:24 AM
At least within the borders of the city, Reggie transcended basketball during his career in Indianapolis. If it wasn't for Reggie, there may not be BLF. Without BLF, Indiana has no premier arena venue in 2012. No B10 championships, etc. The implications for that are pretty big.

Exactly. Right on

Sollozzo
09-06-2012, 09:47 AM
A statue at the end of Georgia St. right in front of the Bankers Life would be sick IMHO.

It would certainly look better than the nearby bizarre Wooden statue with the legs.

Sandman21
09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
I think this one would be even better:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/474/212/320660_display_image.jpg?1288626534

Coopdog23
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I think this one would be even better:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/474/212/320660_display_image.jpg?1288626534

Yes

BRushWithDeath
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Refreshing to see a debate where both sides are civil, even though they disagree.

I cannot imagine a less contentious debate on a Pacers fan message board than whether or not Reggie Miller should get a statue in front of the Fieldhouse. Even those who don't believe he deserves one wouldn't be the least bit upset if he gets one.

BillS
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I cannot imagine a less contentious debate on a Pacers fan message board than whether or not Reggie Miller should get a statue in front of the Fieldhouse. Even those who don't believe he deserves one wouldn't be the least bit upset if he gets one.

Civility has to start somewhere - let's call this "Respect Kindergarten" and work our way up :nod:

vapacersfan
09-06-2012, 10:42 AM

People here could argue for 15 pages over what day of the week it is or what color the sky is...........

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 10:44 AM
So if instead of an statue how about make it cool and do a wax copy of him?

Sandman21
09-06-2012, 11:10 AM

I don't think we should scaring children with having attendance problems as it is! ;)

BillS
09-06-2012, 11:11 AM

:shudder: Creepy to see late at night after a heavy drinking double overtime game...

Though a Pacers Waxworks section seems kind of interesting, really.

vapacersfan
09-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Maybe a Pacers ice sculpture section in BLF :D

I kind of like the Wax idea. Doubt it ever happens, but would be kind of neat

RWB
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Remove the big boomer from the gift shop and replace it with a Reggie doing the hand stand.

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
:shudder: Creepy to see late at night after a heavy drinking double overtime game...

Though a Pacers Waxworks section seems kind of interesting, really.

I think they can put that wax figure inside the glass thing on the entrance of the fieldhouse together with some videos and his uniforms and signed basketballs that could be interesting.

I also agree with your thinking, they could have a wax figure section with Reggie, Larry, etc.

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
They could also have a wax figure of JOB so some of us can throw tomatoes, egs and dog poop at it :)

BillS
09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
They could also have a wax figure of JOB so some of us can throw tomatoes, egs and dog poop at it :)

I knew you'd get something negative in here :lol::lol::lol:

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I knew you'd get something negative in here :lol::lol::lol:

I think is actually positive, imagine how many people would pay to be able to do that? people would come here from around the world and the country to be able to get even with the guy, a win win situation for the Pacers if you ask me :-p

Trader Joe
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
My God, I can't even open up a thread about a Reggie Miller statue without reading about something regarding Jim O'Brien.

BillS
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
My God, I can't even open up a thread about a Reggie Miller statue without reading about something regarding Jim O'Brien.

It's a curse, but at least this time it's a joke.

I hope... :lol:

Trader Joe
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Even a joke gets old at some point.

Naptown_Seth
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I think is actually positive, imagine how many people would pay to be able to do that? people would come here from around the world and the country to be able to get even with the guy, a win win situation for the Pacers if you ask me :-p

This lasts 3 minutes. I would obliterate it using a variety of potentially lethal devices (to myself and anyone nearby) regardless of potential jail time. And then I'd make bail and give it another go. Genocidal dictator effigies from 3rd World revolutions would look on with envy.

Trader Joe's words say "enough" but his posting style implies "more, more, more". ;)

At least that's how I read it.

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I can also see a wax figure of David Harrison by the water fountain :)

Naptown_Seth
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
BTW, with Georgia redone for the Super Bowl, putting the Reggie statue up across Penn in the center of Georgia to help maintain/elevate the nature of that street as a primary thoroughfare is the way to go. Then you can put Peyton's up at the other end down at Capital by the Convention Center/former dome as bookends.

Also I wouldn't do 1 of Reggie, do a set of 3-4 different poses lined up along Georgia. Either several different poses/moments or better yet a series of stills from one play, like the extension push to Jordan, then mid-catch, then mid-jump, then the run with arms up. Like a living GIF or flipbook. 100% Bad A**.

Naptown_Seth
09-06-2012, 01:05 PM
You mean Kinetico water, and you mean dry ice so it would smoke as the water hits the lips. You know, for irony.

Naptown_Seth
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Wait.....

No kidding. Go to St. Louis and look at all the statues. They are awesome but I don't think every player they've done actually won a WS.

vnzla81
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
You mean Kinetico water, and you mean dry ice so it would smoke as the water hits the lips. You know, for irony.

:laugh: yeah that would be great.

glazedham42
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
These would make excellent statues IMO...

http://pacerscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pacers15.jpg

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/03/09/5/342/3425287/d842b34cb99940e8_Reggie_Miller.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTufi3vdY_eP836yYSojUbxoNkgzydz4 mvUA5DTblJGuOxD2Ta1Sw&t=1

Hicks
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/03/09/5/342/3425287/d842b34cb99940e8_Reggie_Miller.jpg

This pose would be my favorite choice. What better way to represent or remember Reggie Miller with than him winding up for a three point shot?

MyFavMartin
09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
People mess with statues when they're outside. Put it in the lobby.

MyFavMartin
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I like this pose, maybe on a plexiglas base to capture the elevation, and minus all the anguished Knicks fans who know with complete certainty that the shot will go in.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/people/m/miller_reggie/1998_0510knicks.jpg

This. Maybe a wax statue of Spike Lee along with the Reggie bronzed statue.

Trader Joe
09-07-2012, 04:04 PM

This could be good.

vnzla81
09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
People mess with statues when they're outside. Put it in the lobby.

That is why my proposal for the JOB statue is to put it outside :evil:

Coopdog23
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM

no not wax