PDA

View Full Version : Reggie being inducted into the Hall of Fame on Friday

Coopdog23
09-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Reggie Miller was the greatest Pacer ever. He gave us some great memories from being the Knick Killer to jumping around on his sore ankle. He was a hero to all of us and a fellow Hoosier for 18 great years. Reggie will be the newest member of the Basketball Hall of Fame and we would like to thank Reggie for all of the moments he gave us

BlueNGold
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks Reg. You are still why I watch the Pacers even after years of being retired.

J7F
09-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I would like to thank Reggie for helping me see that my future wife was something special... I used to run the ads on the scorers tables and I'ld have to come in 2 hours before game time to run my cables. Reggie was always intently focused on his pregame routine... He allowed zero distractions when warming up until the day I brought my future wife in to help me set up... He was eyeballing her like crazy that day obviously not as focused as usual... That's when I knew I had found a keeper! :)

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I would like to thank Reggie for helping me see that my future wife was something special... I used to run the ads on the scorers tables and I'ld have to come in 2 hours before game time to run my cables. Reggie was always intently focused on his pregame routine... He allowed zero distractions when warming up until the day I brought my future wife in to help me set up... He was eyeballing her like crazy that day obviously not as focused as usual... That's when I knew I had found a keeper! :)

Haha. Reggie. That's pretty cool man

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIAbkwWl4s

Naptown_Seth
09-03-2012, 12:10 PM
2AM TUE MORNING EST (late MON) on NBA TV is the 57 points vs Charlotte game (Hardwood Classics)

I'm finally getting it on DVR and I know some others like Gnome missed it the last time they played it on Reggie Day.

Game 5 vs Nets and I think the 8 in 9 NY game will be on later today as well. And in a non-Reggie game they will be showing the 1985 AS Game held in Indy. That's in a few hours.

shags
09-03-2012, 12:49 PM
2AM TUE MORNING EST (late MON) on NBA TV is the 57 points vs Charlotte game (Hardwood Classics)

I'm finally getting it on DVR and I know some others like Gnome missed it the last time they played it on Reggie Day.

Game 5 vs Nets and I think the 8 in 9 NY game will be on later today as well. And in a non-Reggie game they will be showing the 1985 AS Game held in Indy. That's in a few hours.

Plus at 7 pm tomorrow NBATV has an hour special on Reggie.

Coopdog23
09-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Plus at 7 pm tomorrow NBATV has an hour special on Reggie.

DVRing it

Brad8888
09-03-2012, 07:03 PM

So, does she look like the Watson's girl or maybe like Somebody that he used to know?

J7F
09-03-2012, 10:17 PM
So, does she look like the Watson's girl or maybe like Somebody that he used to know?

Haha... Are you suggesting he just possibly had a "did I" moment?

TinManJoshua
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Starting around 1pm est they are playing '92 vs Charlotte, game 1 '95 vs. new york, and game 5 '94 vs. new york.

Coopdog23
09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Starting around 1pm est they are playing '92 vs Charlotte, game 1 '95 vs. new york, and game 5 '94 vs. new york.

7pm is like some kinda special or something one him

Pacergeek
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
The special is outstanding. I'm emotional now after hearing Reggie talk about his retirement.

Hicks
09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Do you think this will be available anywhere online in the near future like NBA.com of VOD? I don't have NBATV anymore.

BillS
09-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Why did I think that special was going to be on Friday before the induction show? I must have misunderstood the NBATV article. Darn.

Sandman21
09-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Why did I think that special was going to be on Friday before the induction show? I must have misunderstood the NBATV article. Darn.

I think its going to be on seriously 20 more times this week before Friday. :)

Roaming Gnome
09-05-2012, 09:23 AM

It'll be on before the coverage of the HOF stuff on Friday.

BillS
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Pacers Facebook feed posted links to segments of the video:

The Ride: http://on.nba.com/REqoMf
Reggie vs the Knicks: http://on.nba.com/REswDS
Miller Time: http://on.nba.com/PIzh3V
The Younger Years: http://on.nba.com/REv44X
NBA Friendships: http://on.nba.com/PIzJiA
Reggie vs MJ: http://on.nba.com/REvo3q

Coopdog23
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Pretty much just an interview of him talking about his life

Hicks
09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Pacers Facebook feed posted links to segments of the video:

The Ride: http://on.nba.com/REqoMf
Reggie vs the Knicks: http://on.nba.com/REswDS
Miller Time: http://on.nba.com/PIzh3V
The Younger Years: http://on.nba.com/REv44X
NBA Friendships: http://on.nba.com/PIzJiA
Reggie vs MJ: http://on.nba.com/REvo3q

So what I just had affirmed to me by Reggie was that the brawl triggered his decision to retire that year? As if I need another reason to curse the ****ing event.

I think I already suspected that, I'm sure it was speculated before, but I don't recall Reggie explicitly saying this before.

Also disheartening to listen to him talk about JO and Ron's inability to get along because they were whining about the offense and whose team it was. That still makes me burn beneath the surface.

neosmndrew
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
So what I just had affirmed to me by Reggie was that the brawl triggered his decision to retire that year? As if I need another reason to curse the ****ing event.

I think I already suspected that, I'm sure it was speculated before, but I don't recall Reggie explicitly saying this before.

Also disheartening to listen to him talk about JO and Ron's inability to get along because they were whining about the offense and whose team it was. That still makes me burn beneath the surface.

Eh, I always thought that he didn't have that much left in the tank, and even he couldn't leadership his was to a title run.

Hicks
09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
He still could've played at least another two years as far as I'm concerned. And it's a shame that his last best chance of winning a title was ruined by a couple of children.

Coopdog23
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
He still could've played at least another two years as far as I'm concerned. And it's a shame that his last best chance of winning a title was ruined by a couple of children.

He retired because of the brawl in Detroit. Such a sad way to decide to retire

BillS
09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Believe me, if Reggie stuck around after the Brawl we would likely not have taken the attendance nose dive we ended up with. He might not have been able to put the team on his back any more but he would definitely carried the fans - and certainly no one could have said the ENTIRE team was "thugs" with Reggie there.

Sandman21
09-06-2012, 02:52 PM
and certainly no one could have said the ENTIRE team was "thugs" with Reggie there.
With some of the idiots in this town, don't be so sure....

rock747
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM

Very disheartening information he shared, indeed. The most dispicable part was that the their differences were over the offense...

Heisenberg
09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Apparently Mel Daniels is sick and hospitalized and won't be able to go to the ceremony. That really, really sucks.

BillS
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Apparently Mel Daniels is sick and hospitalized and won't be able to go to the ceremony. That really, really sucks.

:mad:

Words simply do not express just how crappy that is. Waiting years and years for this and to get sick?

I really hope Mel is going to be OK. Any specifics?

Heisenberg
09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
:mad:

Words simply do not express just how crappy that is. Waiting years and years for this and to get sick?

I really hope Mel is going to be OK. Any specifics?Nope, just following Wells's twitter. All he's said is that Mel's sick and hospitalized. Really hope it's just a bad case of the flu or something.

Heisenberg
09-06-2012, 06:12 PM
David Benner tweeted that he spoke to Mel's wife and it's a UTI. Docs won't let him travel. Don't necessarily want to say good, but could've obviously been something much more serious.

Coopdog23
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
David Benner tweeted that he spoke to Mel's wife and it's a UTI. Docs won't let him travel. Don't necessarily want to say good, but could've obviously been something much more serious.

yeah i hope they're doing well

LG33
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Jeff Foster sighting in Springfield! Now that he's officially retired, is it too soon for Hall of Fame talk?

rock747
09-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Just got home... has reggie spoken yet?

Pacerfan
09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Just got home... has reggie spoken yet?

No, I don't think he has yet. If I had to guess, he will probably be last since he's the main inductee in this class. I would think Mel would be right before him.

Sandman21
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
With this storm rolling through Indiana, these long speeches have been saving graces for people who lose their satellite while waiting for Reggie.

LG33
09-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Phil Knight just dropped the late Dick Harter's name.

Sandman21
09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Mel just kicked the doors open for the ABA players on the outside of the Hall looking in!

LG33
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Travis Best in the house!

graphic-er
09-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Wonderful night for Pacer fans everywhere. I wished he would have sent a message to our current Players about commitment to the city and representing the franchise, or just little bit more about how he feels about Indiana.

First class move to acknowledge the teammates who were in attendance. We know that Foster, Cro, M. Jackson, Best, Mullin, were all there. I wonder if Dale Davis was there?

Side note: did they change the format for this over the years. It used to be that the 3 presenters gave said a few words before the inducteee spoke. I was hoping to hear Magic, Charles and Cheryl speak.

naptownmenace
09-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Wonderful night for Pacer fans everywhere. I wished he would have sent a message to our current Players about commitment to the city and representing the franchise, or just little bit more about how he feels about Indiana.

First class move to acknowledge the teammates who were in attendance. We know that Foster, Cro, M. Jackson, Best, Mullin, were all there. I wonder if Dale Davis was there?

Side note: did they change the format for this over the years. It used to be that the 3 presenters gave said a few words before the inducteee spoke. I was hoping to hear Magic, Charles and Cheryl speak.

I thought he gave the state of Indiana their due. I was so happy that so many fans made the trip. I don't ever recall that before on previous HOF ceremonies.

Previously, at least since Jordan was inducted, the presenters didn't say anything when the inductee comes on stage.

Eleazar
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Jeff Foster sighting in Springfield! Now that he's officially retired, is it too soon for Hall of Fame talk?

Of course. :P

But seriously, I do hope the Pacers try and honor him (and many other Pacers) in some way. I don't know what it could be, but I would like to see something. Maybe they could name a section after him.

Hicks
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Of course. :P

But seriously, I do hope the Pacers try and honor him (and many other Pacers) in some way. I don't know what it could be, but I would like to see something. Maybe they could name a section after him.

I think the Colts have a ring of honor or something to that effect.

Maybe we could have a Pacers chain of admiration, where we give a new inductee his own ceremonial Pacer-blue chain link, and in some part of the Fieldhouse we have an art piece that represents everyone currently in the chain. Perhaps something painted on a brick wall that gets re-painted any off season where we add new players/coaches/staff.

The first link in the chain could be Slick, followed by the 3 ABA players with retired #s, then probably a few more ABA Pacers, then go through each era in the NBA and identify players from each era that belong on the chain, with the newest players being the last links on the chain until a new generation brings about yet more links.

Hell, maybe it could even be a literal blue chain somewhere in the Fieldhouse. That could be pretty cool.

Constellations
09-09-2012, 03:00 AM
you know, watching Reggie deliver his speech, you wouldn't think he's a tv broadcast announcer.

BillS
09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
MSA had the Wall of Fame, would very much like to see that back at BLF.