PDA

View Full Version : On paper, where do we currently rank amongst other NBA teams?

Shade
11-24-2004, 01:19 PM
In other words, on paper, what teams should we beat and what teams should we lose to? In our current state, are we even better than the Hawks, Bulls, Hornets, or Bobcats? What do you think?

And when are the replacement players coming?

Mourning
11-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Painfull question, I guess ...

I think we (the fans) and the players have a "us against the world"- mentality now. That makes us much more dangerous than teams who we would at THIS MOMENT normally be compared too (Charlotte, New Jersey sans Kidd, Chicago), combined with the fact that our franchise has a winning "tradition" in the sense that we had a lot of regular season victories last season a lot of play-off appearances and a good start of this season despite beying seriously "undermanned" by injuries. Our team knows how to win, we haven't been sleeping at the dweller for years like teams in Chicago, Atlanta and San Francisco, which seriously influences the mindsets and psychology of players also the really good ones IMO.

I wonder how long our current team will be able to hold on too the special performances and this "they are all against us"-attitude. Also will we be mentally strong enough now to get up and win one or maybe two games after a losing streak? and those will come.

Big question marks, really. Now we are at about the level of ... well IF I had to mention a few teams ... Philladelphia and Washington, but if that special edge we have now is gone be prepared to go to Warriors level. I think our coaching and experience from both our veteran players and beying in a "positive/winning" environment will prevent us to reach the deths of Chicago, Charlotte and New Jersey without Kidd. In other words when things take a turn for the worse (yes, ITS POSSIBLE THIS SEASON COULD GET A LOT WORSE) I would still see us as the "bigboy" of the cellar dwellars. Lets hope Reggie gets back soon and sort of in form, hope he can contribute something like 14-17 pts on average per game. The days of him passing on shots will be over ... for now.

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

canyoufeelit
11-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Yeah, there is no way Reggie will pass up shots. You can tell he's just dying to get out there.

Jose Slaughter
11-25-2004, 02:38 AM
I don't think we've slipped that much.

Maybe to middle of the pack range but not even close to the bottom third.

The one big advantage that we have is our coaching staff. Look how they prepared the players for the last two games. I think the Minnesota game might be a little different & it could take a little wind out of our sails but if we come out & beat the T-Wolves we will be the sports story for the next month.

We might not have the "talent" to be considered elite, but we certainly have the coach & that makes up for a hell of a lot.

skyfire
11-25-2004, 07:06 AM
We still have Tins which is more than we had against Detroit in the ECF.
Freddy is doing very well and JJ and Harrison have done fantastically considering.
Cro has suffered from not having JO to back him up, but all things considered they've all done great so far. But Boston do suck, Pierce must have been so happy to find out that he wasn't going to have to be owned by Artest and then they end up 'losing to 3rd stringers'. I will be interested to see how the handle Garnett tomorrow. Who 'normally' guards him anyway? Foster?

Jose Slaughter
11-26-2004, 01:28 AM
bump