PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Springfield next weekend

PacerDude
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
14,15 years ago, just as my son was becoming a huge Pacer and Reggie fan, I told him that if Reg ever got inducted into the HOF, we'd take a trip there.

14,15 years later - he remembered it. We're heading out next Friday, due to visit Springfield on Sunday.

I'll post pics.

threein73
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
That is awesome! I'll definitely be watching via NBATV.. I am thrilled that my two all time favorite athletes are being inducted, even though way late for Mel!! I only wish my all time favorite coach was going in with them!

CableKC
08-29-2012, 06:18 PM
That's cool that your son remembers that. That's way better than my "When the Pacers make it to the NBA Finals, I will take the entire family to Indy to watch the games" promise that I made when I became a Pacer fan.

ChicagoJ
08-29-2012, 08:57 PM
I was there two weeks ago. It's a nice way to spend 1/2 a day. (Too bad there's nothing else to do in Springfield). Enjoy.

Be warned, from the parking lot (not from the highway, but the lot itself) you'll be asking yourself "is the Hall of Fame really in a strip mall???". Sorta. They lease the space on the perimeter of the building to Subway and other retailers so it looks like a strip mall from either side.

DangerGranger3pointranger
08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
I visited the hall last summer, great way to spend a day with the family. Sometimes there is hall of famers there signing autographs. I met David Thompson there. Very cool!