PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Promos

Diamond Dave
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I had this idea while watching the game last night. Sitting there watching the heroic efforts of our team I thought "Wow, if we had Jermaine these guys would lose by 30!"

So why not start running in arena video promos of a countdown to when JO comes back?

So say during the Minnesota game the Pacers call a timeout and then up on the screen the number 24 slowly fades in and out. The opening notes of "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath begin to play. Video clips of Jermaine dunking, blocking, scoring all against Minnesota flash one after another all accompanied by Mark Boyle's play-by-play of that specific clip. Mixed inbetween clips of highlights you see Jermaine pumping iron and working out. And at the end you see Jermaine in an all black room where he is the only object seen. He is wearing his blue pacer uniform, his traditional yellow head band, and clutching a basketball and he looks straight into the camera and says "I'm comin' for ya Minnesota." The screen would then flash back to the number 24.

If shot and edited properly I feel this could be a very good promo. And they could do a different one for every home game between now and when JO comes back, making the promos specific to whoever we are playing in Conseco that night.

Just thought it would be cool. Thats all.

Ragnar
11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
I like it save for one thing. We need to help these guys and show these guys love ans respect for what they are doing on the floor right now.

How about clips of J.J. sinking 3's Freddie skying, Tins stealing the ball or making a great pass. David blocking a shot and Cro driving the lane. Throw in Pollard wrestling a rebound away from someone. Played to music. These guys have heart and I would love to see a promo featuring them.

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 11:39 AM
These are both great ideas.

Ragnar
11-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Ok I just thought of a good one.

In big letters on the screen

Makes You Stronger...

que in Destiny Child's (I think) Survivor

Clip of Freddie hitting that last three in the Orlando game for his 31 points

Clip of J.J. hitting a three or getting a rebound

explosion effect as David blocks a shot

end with Pollard winning the tip and fade out with Paul Pierce shaking his head

Los Angeles
11-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Any of the shots mentioned here would be fine for me. But I thinkg I've got a tag:

EIGHT IS ENOUGH.