Southside_Pacer
02-13-2004, 01:14 AM
He's on next after this commercial break. :dance:

NamShub
02-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Damn, those are big earrings.

zxc
Seemed pretty good. Though he was stumbling a bit with that Warren Sapp line.

Hicks
The man knows how to dress! :o

Hicks
02-13-2004, 01:30 AM
When asked about the Lakers:

*knowing look on his face* "Haven't watched'm"

:laugh:

Southside_Pacer
02-13-2004, 01:33 AM
I thought it was hillarious when Letterman asked O'Neal about Reggie Miller and he said that Reggie is the funniest guy on the team, and on bus trips you always hear his voice since he's always talking. :laugh:

I also enjoyed how Dave referred to the Pacers as "America's Favorite team" and "Your Indiana Pacers!" :dance:

efx
02-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Gotta love that suit!

ROCislandWarrior
02-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Gotta love JO....he was all business... I am surprised he even smiled

My favorite line "I talk to myself...if you watch...you'll see me talking to myself" I always thought he was workin the refs :laugh:

Southside_Pacer
02-13-2004, 01:38 AM
That was one heck of a suit. He did look good. Now if only I had something that flashy! ;)

I thought it was a pretty good interview. The most interesting part of it was that he said something to the effect that his relationship with Isiah was more personal outside of the game because of the impact IT has on people's lives. So does that mean basketball wise he didn't mind it as much as we thought he did? :confused: Or am I just really reading into what he said? :confused:

It was great to hear Rick Carlisle's name mentioned in the conversation as well since he's doing a great job too.

I thought Dave's questions were pretty good as well. It was also funny when JO said that Indianapolis is not the place to go if you wanna party, but other than that it's a good city.

burnzone
02-13-2004, 01:42 AM
It was a decent interview, although I felt they could have given him a couple more minutes. Instead, they felt the need to force feed us 7-8 minutes of commercials separated by a few seconds panning the studio audience, and talking about an Air Supply reunion tour, I thought that part of it was bullsh*t.

Jermaine definitely is a sharp dresser, he always has great suits, but I guess multi millions of dollars will help stuff your closet with nice things.

I enjoy seeing JO interveiwed by media sources outside of Indy, he is always very down to earth, and humble, and he's just a great guy.
I do worry though, every time someone asks him how he likes living in Indy, he doesn't exactly knock it, but you can tell he really doesn't like it too much, he's always talking about the winter weather, and that there isn't much to do.

When he was struggling a bit with that Sapp analogy, I thought it may have been from trying to be careful about giving Isiah praise, since he's with another team now, but Jermaine always handles himself well with awkward questions.

Great guy, that JO, I'm proud to have him on our team.

:thumbup:

BigMac
02-13-2004, 09:38 AM
I only wish he would become more of an ambassador for the city. I wish he would have said some nice things about the city. He said it's a bad place if you want to party. Well, during the season, you shouldn't be partying at all, period. If you make your home here, in the offseason go on vacation to party. I have to admit I was disappointed in him for not talking more positively about the city. Guess he doesn't want any top free agents to play here.

Hicks
02-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I only wish he would become more of an ambassador for the city. I wish he would have said some nice things about the city. He said it's a bad place if you want to party. Well, during the season, you shouldn't be partying at all, period. If you make your home here, in the offseason go on vacation to party. I have to admit I was disappointed in him for not talking more positively about the city. Guess he doesn't want any top free agents to play here.

Was he supposed to lie?

BigMac
02-13-2004, 12:58 PM

Was he supposed to lie?

You don't lie, you just answer the question differently. He could say the people are very nice, they have taken me under their wing and really made me feel at home. It is a great place to raise a family. Something along those lines. It's called dwelling on the negative and not highlighting the positive. At least he didn't say it had a lot of chicks he used to bang so if you want to get laid, it is a good town for that.

Cactus Jax
02-13-2004, 01:32 PM

Well he said he didn't party very much so I think he doesn't care about that but probably lots of other players do care. It's not like players will hear Jermaine say "It's a great town, people are nice..." and immediately sign without first seeing the town for themselves.

grace
02-13-2004, 02:48 PM
For $126 million he should have said Indy is the best place on Earth, Mars too.