PDA

View Full Version : Back Home Again with Pacer's Digest....Questions and Help

MunciePacerBabe
01-18-2004, 09:47 PM
When I tried to log on to this site, it would not recognize my password, so I re-registered. Is that what we are supposed to do? How do I get my avatar and all that back? I know how hard you tried to help me the last time we got switched to our new site this summer. I will understand if you can't or don't have the time.

***** Maybe you could make a post with simple instructions on how to do the fun things that all of you do with pictures, avatars, signatures, changing font, etc. Some of us aren't as computer savy as you guys. ****

I guess you could title the thread "Dummies for Pacer's Digest Non-Computer Savy Members" LOL I bet it would be a big hit!

Thanks for all your help and friendliness. I visited other sites while we were having problems with the host and the negativity really was prominent! I don't post often, but read everyday. I would never post at the Indy Star because some SOB over there would probably make rude or negative comments. At least here, I'm not afraid to ask questions.

BigMac
01-18-2004, 09:57 PM
When I tried to log on to this site, it would not recognize my password, so I re-registered. Is that what we are supposed to do? How do I get my avatar and all that back? I know how hard you tried to help me the last time we got switched to our new site this summer. I will understand if you can't or don't have the time.

***** Maybe you could make a post with simple instructions on how to do the fun things that all of you do with pictures, avatars, signatures, changing font, etc. Some of us aren't as computer savy as you guys. ****

I guess you could title the thread "Dummies for Pacer's Digest Non-Computer Savy Members" LOL I bet it would be a big hit!

Thanks for all your help and friendliness. I visited other sites while we were having problems with the host and the negativity really was prominent! I don't post often, but read everyday. I would never post at the Indy Star because some SOB over there would probably make rude or negative comments. At least here, I'm not afraid to ask questions.

I got my avatar back from the original Pacers Digest site that Hicks had set up-the one we were using while it was down. I guess the other avatar's are lost?

And I did have to re-register here and I lost my bazillion (1000000000000) posts. Oh well. Hope this helps.

kerosene
01-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, unfortuantely everyone has to re-register. When the forum went down the database with everyone's logins and email addresses went with it, there wasn't a way to get to any of that (which also explains why people who had registered at the old PD site recieved emails and newer members didn't).

As far as the avatar thing goes I believe things are in place to upload again, Things are still being installed last time I asked so all of the features may not be in place just yet. Hicks would be the one to ask though.

Another issues which I'm sure everyone has noticed is that when you click on a smiley to add it to your post it doesn't get added and the animations freeze. We think this is due to the PHPbb forum software being a newer version than was being used before. I'm sure this will get sorted out in time.

What was essentially a two day turnaround from the website and forum going down to having it back up and functional is pretty impressive and Hicks and able deserve mucho kudos for getting things together so quickly. Things will get sorted out soon though :wink:

Will Galen
01-19-2004, 03:58 AM

Ma'am, go to the top of the board to the little box with the question mark in it with the letters FAQ beside it. FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Click on it and it will answer a lot of your questions.

As for changing font. When typeing a new message, highlite the text you want to change, then go above to the message controls and click on the font size arrow. Small, normal, large, and huge will appear in a drop down box. Chose the font size you want and the text you highlited will change.

However, you need to know that everything isn't working correctly yet. Including the font size, emoticons, log in, ect. Give the guys some time they are doing a great job getting everything up and running.