PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to Jermaine O'Neal

ROCislandWarrior
11-24-2004, 02:34 AM
I don't know where this came from. I just started writing and I thought I would share it with you all. I conjured up this piece of writing to the song "Hero" by Chad Kroeger of Nickleback.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

The media has concluded that the Pacers title hopes were washed away after the brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills concluded last week. The Pacers are now playing for 3rd in the east with the help of a miracle and the 8th seed with a little luck. If everything goes according to plan though, the lottery is where they will fall. While the Media can brainwash the general public and casual fans with these notions, I would love to see them convince Jermaine O'Neal that his team is finished.

Infact, why don't they tell Reggie the same. Someone needs to let him know he will never get the ring he has been chasing after with the utmost passion for the last 18-years. I am sure they will both understand.

=======================
A Letter To Jermaine O'Neal
=======================
------------------------------

In life, when one door closes another one opens. The door on Ron Artest has been shut. On the other hand, the door for Jermaine O'neal has just opened. O'Neal came to Indiana as a slim, athletic and immature young man with a desire to win. After four years of maturation, hardships and coming up short O'Neal now stands as a man. A man that knows how to win. "The Man". You can be sure of one thing. This man will now do exactly what he vowed to do when the Pacers Organization brought him here only a mere image of his current self all those years ago; he will place this sinking ship on his back and carry them until he can stand no more. Then, when he falls to his knees he will let out a passionate roar that will echo through time and proceed to drag them battered and bruised. When his knees will no longer hold and his face is submerged in the murky swamp he will reach his arms out and grasp whatever earth he can to pull for every last inch of the journey.

Jermaine, this is your team and you are the only chance they have now. There is a twist to the story though. While you are carrying this team on your back, they will be carrying you just as much. This team has enough talent and heart as it stands right now to hoist you up when you fall, but only you can carry them the distance. Reggie will be there when you need someone in the worst of ways. Stephen is worthy of your pass out of a double team in the closing moments. Jeff will give his all in support of you with reckless abandon. Jamaal is now ready to orchestrate a championship run. The list goes on, but most importantly by the time you are ready to lead again, the "new guys" won't be so new anymore.

The City of Indianapolis, State of Indiana and Pacers fans all around the world have been waiting for you since the Pacers joined the NBA in 1976. Jermaine O'Neal, your time is now. Your opportunity is here. Are you ready to be "The Man"? No one expects you to cross the finish line with this team on your back but we know you will try and try and try until you can try no more. And to be quite honest, that is all we ever wanted from you.

SjA3837
11-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Excellente.

ChicagoJ
11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
*cue Rocky theme music*

Very nice...