PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

Shade
08-09-2012, 11:52 PM
May as well dispense with the formalities. I'll say Lakers in 6.

Pacer Fan
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Indiana Pacers

immortality
08-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I hope Heat win, because I dislike Howard more.

DemonHunter1105
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Nothing personal but this is a terrible thread in my opinion. Adds no value to the board.

On second thought, now we can put 95% of the *****ing and bickering about super teams in here and avoid cluttering up all of the other threads. Job well done.

Pacersalltheway10
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
The Bobcats

vnzla81
08-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Lakers with Howard and Nash destroying Miami, feeling bad for OKC, they should have man up and got Howard instead of the Lakers.

I would also like to mention that the Lakers haven't had "cap space" in a long time...

PacerPenguins
08-10-2012, 12:09 AM
:notamused:

Shade
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Obviously, I created this to be tongue-in-cheek. Still, don't be surprised if it gets bumped in June.

King Tuts Tomb
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm still not sure I would take the Lakers over the Thunder in the west. Not saying it's a lock but lets see how this regular season plays out before we crown anybody. Miami was gonna roll everybody and win 70 games, but Dallas found their flaws and exploited them. OKC has the personnel to exploit some of the flaws of this Laker team.

Brad8888
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Assuming all are healthy, the Lakers should win, especially with a motivated Howard. Can Phil coming back to manage the egos be far behind at this point? He probably could use another title for his collection...

I wonder how Phil would use McRoberts and Murphy in the second unit? Rather ironic that they might be recipients of rings this year AND get to play a decent amount of minutes due to blowouts at the same time. Not that their efforts would be any real contribution to the wins, though.

BillS
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Heh. I understand the tongue-in-cheek motivation for this, but I suspect that per ESPN and the other Minds What Do Matter they could just call off the season and playoffs and go straight to this series. They certainly won't be talking about any one else EXCEPT that potential Lakers v Heat Series Of The Century.

Unclebuck
08-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Thunder is still the favorite. I will love to see Nash try to guard Westbrook or Hardin. Plus they don't have a good matchup in guarding Durrant.

Thunder are the favorite if you ask me.

but a final four of Lakers vs Thunder Pacers vs Heat would be fine with me

Kid Minneapolis
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
As long as Miami has LeBron James, it's pretty much theirs for the taking. He's on a different planet than everyone else these days.

PR07
08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Another year of improvement for the Thunder, and another year of slowing down for the Lakers. I still give the Thunder the edge.

Pacergeek
08-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Another year of improvement for the Thunder, and another year of slowing down for the Lakers. I still give the Thunder the edge.

The Thunder haven't done anything in the off-season to improve. Even before the Lakers got Howard, it would've been difficult to make the finals again playing in such a competitive conference

vnzla81
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Brooklyn vs Heat would be fine with me

Book it.

shags
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Thunder is still the favorite. I will love to see Nash try to guard Westbrook or Hardin. Plus they don't have a good matchup in guarding Durrant.

Thunder are the favorite if you ask me.

but a final four of Lakers vs Thunder Pacers vs Heat would be fine with me

I think so too. The Thunder built their team to beat the Lakers, not to play small ball with the Heat. The Lakers still have no answer for Russell Westbrook. Kendrick Perkins guards Howard better than anyone outside of Jason Collins. Don't count the Thunder out.

Unclebuck
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
The Thunder haven't done anything in the off-season to improve. Even before the Lakers got Howard, it would've been difficult to make the finals again playing in such a competitive conference

They have a very young team, they just need experience and more time playing as a team

Kid Minneapolis
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Dunno what it is about the Thunder, but they don't rub me as a champion... could be wrong. They sorta remind me of the Mavs in Dirk's early days with Nash and Finley --- really good, every expected 'em to do something and then it just never happened. Happened later with a different roster and coach.

The Nets? Pfffft, ha. Whatever on that one.

Miller_time04
08-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Lebron > Lakers

Ownagedood
08-10-2012, 12:04 PM
The Thunder had injury problems last year in the playoffs as well. They were not at full strength yet still made it to the finals. Can't wait to see what another year of experience and hopefully good health will do for them.

They are still my second favorite team!

Pace Maker
08-10-2012, 12:56 PM
The fact still hasn't changed nobody on the Lakers can guard Russel Westbrook.

Sparhawk
08-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm saying it's gonna be a Pacers vs Lakers rematch!

Heisenberg
08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
The fact still hasn't changed nobody in the NBA can guard Russel Westbrook.

fixed for accuracy

Rogco
08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Definitely the Heat.

vnzla81
08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm saying it's gonna be a Pacers vs Lakers rematch!

Ps3 or Xbox? Wii?

J7F
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
May as well dispense with the formalities. I'll say Lakers in 6.

I fat fingered a vote for the Heat when I wanted the Lakers... Any way to fix my vote?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I'll be honest I was never too impressed with the Lebron-Dwade-Bosh team-up. Its a great collection of talent, but that's all it is, with no regard to building a team of parts that fit well together. They won a title last year because Lebron started playing like a god amongst men.

This Lakers team on the other hand....wow. This is a perfect combination of players. They have possibly still the best PG in the league (in the traditional running the offense, great passer sense) and the best center in the league. Its really hard to get just one great player at either of those positions. The Lakers have possibly the two best in the league at those positions. Then add Kobe who is still one of the most complete players in the league, and Pau Gasol, another dominate big man. Offense? Plenty of firepower all around, any one of those players can score on their own. Defense? D. Howard is the best interior defender in the league and Kobe and Ron can both be great wing defenders, enough to cover up any of Nash's deficiencies.

The only questions are the chemistry, and the head coach

PR07
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
They have a very young team, they just need experience and more time playing as a team

This. Thunder didn't really need to add any pieces. They should get better as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka continue to grow and improve as players and a team.

Sookie
08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Lebron > Lakers

Miami would be too small to deal with that. The Heat can deal with one guy, but Pau and Howard should be too much for them. The Heat can't run if they can't rebound.

Thunder...it'll depend on how well the Lakers mesh. Will the Lakers be able to defend them well..probably not too well. But I doubt the Thunder will be able to defend them well either - if they mesh. Once again, huge rebounding and experience edge for the Lakers.

CableKC
08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Good Luck with Tag Along trying to deal with a frontcourt of Pau/Dwight. Tag Along won't even want to step into the paint with Dwight or Pau. He's going to be reduced to taking mid-range jumpshots.

CableKC
08-10-2012, 03:11 PM
[Tank Season]

Should the rest of the Pacers even bother to show up for the season?

Can we just automatically forfeit the rest of the season with a 0-82 record and then tank for the 1st to 4th Pick in the NBA Draft?

[/Tank Season]

Hicks
08-10-2012, 09:53 PM
If they can stay healthy, the Lakers are in the driver seat.

Constellations
08-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Montana Moose.

31andonly
08-11-2012, 06:23 AM
If they can stay healthy, the Lakers are in the driver seat.

Here's hoping Artest gets crazy again, runs into the stands and punches some fans. His new knucklehead buddy Howard joins him and they both sit out for the rest of the season...one can dream, right?

On a side note: They're playing for the Lakers. They wouldn't get a season-long suspension anyway...

This trade made me so much less looking forward to the new season.

Ransom
08-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Here's hoping Artest gets crazy again, runs into the stands and punches some fans. His new knucklehead buddy Howard joins him and they both sit out for the rest of the season...one can dream, right?

On a side note: They're playing for the Lakers. They wouldn't get a season-long suspension anyway...

This trade made me so much less looking forward to the new season.

I was about to say Artest suddenly going crazy may actually be the one wild card here. Not even a joke. I disagree that I'm looking forward to the season less. You know you're going to circle the game against the Lakers, just like the Heat.

BlueNGold
08-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I like the combination more than anything. Unlike the Heat, the pieces fit together very well.

The only way the Heat win is by playing dirty which I have no doubt they will try. Recall Pittman. He will probably try to bend Dwight back and hurt his back.