PDA

View Full Version : Pacers drop in ESPN power rankings...

rabid
11-24-2004, 02:09 AM
...to number 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2005&week=3

Stein: "You can make the case that Pacers, in their depleted state, should be dropped into the 20s. I just didn't have the heart to do that to suffering Pacer People. Yet."

I'm not saying that Stein is necessarily wrong. But what I've seen in the past two games is beyond precedent - these players and these fans have a special sort of energy that I only recall seeing in certain college-game situations, and even those were rare.

Where would you rank the Pacers right now in your own personal Power Rankings?

Suaveness
11-24-2004, 02:23 AM
The *******. You cant drop someone based on this, we are still winning.

obnoxiousmodesty
11-24-2004, 02:28 AM
This has to be the first time a team dominated the defending champs and was dropped substantially afterward.

No matter. The team will continue to prove people wrong, as they always seem forced to do.

beast23
11-24-2004, 02:29 AM
The *******. You cant drop someone based on this, we are still winning.Uh. Hello.

Why not? The power rankings are all about how good a team is at a particular point in time and its probability of winning against the rest of the league.

And although we don't like the circumstances we find ourselves in, we are now a middle of the pack or lower team.

Assuming the suspensions stand, we would be tremendously lucky if we finish with a #6 seed. More than likely, we're struggling for a #8.

TheSauceMaster
11-24-2004, 02:36 AM
Power rankings have been worthless and always will be IMHO. There are what 70 + Games left and anything can happen :)

Bball
11-24-2004, 03:03 AM
Uh. Hello.

Why not? The power rankings are all about how good a team is at a particular point in time and its probability of winning against the rest of the league.

And although we don't like the circumstances we find ourselves in, we are now a middle of the pack or lower team.

Assuming the suspensions stand, we would be tremendously lucky if we finish with a #6 seed. More than likely, we're struggling for a #8.

You, and ESPN, are forgetting the Pacers still have Bender. With Bender on the court and with even more minutes for him now the Pacers will be able to..... uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... nevermind...

:p
;)
:(

-Bball

NewType
11-24-2004, 03:41 AM
To be honest, I hate being on top of the ESPN Power Ranking, nothing good come out of it whenever we are on top.

Roaming Gnome
11-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Power Rankings...Who cares? It's not like we have to be ranked high to make "selection sunday" to get into the play-offs. ;)

ABADays
11-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Ditto RG.