PDA

View Full Version : Area 55 Season 3 thread

Sandman21
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Begins NOW:

Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer

Attention everyone Attention: Season 3 of @PacersArea55 starts now. Who's ready to audition? Find out how at http://on.nba.com/OSP93G

Steagles
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I really want to audition, but I have no way to get to the games, I get my license in March :P

TMJ31
08-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I really want to audition, but I have no way to get to the games

Never stopped me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgf3P0Qgsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kwqwq9qBGQ

Go for it dude.

Peck
08-09-2012, 11:00 PM
stickied for your viewing pleasure. ;)

Miller_time04
08-10-2012, 02:45 AM
How do you send in a video?

kielbeze
08-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I am going to try out hopefully I will make it. :D

DangerGranger3pointranger
08-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I know that the video submissions have to be 30 secs. max.... but how about a live audition?????

IndyHoya
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
They're 30 seconds too. But nobody pays that much attention.

joeyd
08-14-2012, 11:44 PM
They're 30 seconds too. But nobody pays that much attention.

Yeah, but you never know when the rules will be strictly enforced! Don't let an extra second of material cost you a spot in Area 55!

FlavaDave
08-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I finally get to audition this year. Many of you have met me at the tailgating by Arby's.

I'm going to do the live audition. Any tips? What should I expect?

Sandman21
08-17-2012, 12:40 PM
1.) Treat it like a job interview without the suit and tie.

2.) Also, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! You don't want to freeze up in the middle of your live audition while you are cutting your promo.

3.) Be yourself, and use EVERY tool you have at your disposal. Watch some of the live audition tapes from last year for examples.

FlavaDave
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
For the record, I will be wearing a suit. No tie though. Haha!

Here's my main question: what do you think would get a better response, a "personality" based audition, or a "loud/rowdy" based audition?

Sandman21
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Here's my main question: what do you think would get a better response, a "personality" based audition, or a "loud/rowdy" based audition?
I don't know what the difference is.... :D I'm just being myself (albeit maybe being cranked up to 11) when I do these things (yes, I really am that insane in the day job).

FlavaDave
08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I hope this was good enough:

http://www.pacersarea55.com/season-three/david-searle/

Sandman21
08-19-2012, 12:44 PM
You did fine, even when the dude accidentally set off his bullhorn.

joeyd
08-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone having trouble submitting their video? When I push the "submit" button for the MP4 video I made through Imovie, I eventually get kicked out of the website and have no idea whether the video was uploaded. Rob, can you please advise? Thanks.

Sandman21
08-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Try converting it to F4V (Flash video).

joeyd
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Try converting it to F4V (Flash video).

Imovie converts to MOV, m4V and MP4, the first two of which are deemed incompatible for uploading according to the Area 55 website.

Sandman21
08-19-2012, 03:37 PM
People and their Macs. ;)

Okay, new idea, kind of roundabout, but this should work:

1.) Upload video to Youtube
2.) Take URL of Youtube video and go to keepvid.com, paste the URL into there.
3.) Choose to download your video in FLV format.
4.) Take FLV version of the film to pacersarea55.com and submit.
5.) ????

joeyd
08-19-2012, 10:08 PM
People and their Macs. ;)

Okay, new idea, kind of roundabout, but this should work:

1.) Upload video to Youtube
2.) Take URL of Youtube video and go to keepvid.com, paste the URL into there.
3.) Choose to download your video in FLV format.
4.) Take FLV version of the film to pacersarea55.com and submit.
5.) ????

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking it has to be something to do with the actual submission process from the website (which now says that MP4 and MOV files are compatible for upload). Hopefully Rob can shed some light on this. For all I know, my video may have actually been uploaded after all, despite the fact that I was kicked out off the submission page.

Sandman21
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Keep an eye on the site. If you don't see it tomorrow, then it didn't get submitted.

LG33
08-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Ben Schwartz of Parks and Rec / House of Pies is auditioning for Area 55? I assume (since he resides in Los Angeles) that this is just a joke, but I could be wrong. I know I couldn't say no to Jean-Ralphio.

http://www.pacersarea55.com/season-three/ben-schwartz-parks-and-recreation/ (http://www.pacersarea55.com/season-three/ben-schwartz-parks-and-recreation/)

The actor/comedian is responsible for one of the best bits on Parks and Rec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smpf-HZd0Ic

IndyHoya
08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking it has to be something to do with the actual submission process from the website (which now says that MP4 and MOV files are compatible for upload). Hopefully Rob can shed some light on this. For all I know, my video may have actually been uploaded after all, despite the fact that I was kicked out off the submission page.

I found your vid, JoeyD. Nice work! It's here http://tinyurl.com/c8kggq7 It's on Page 25. Go figure.

Sandman21
08-23-2012, 09:21 PM
JoeyD's video is AWESOME funny!

joeyd
08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys! I hope to officially join you in the ranks this season. No more riding the wife's coat tails! Competition will be tough though. Only seen a couple of the vids so far but you gotta wonder how Roy could possibly NOT pick the creator of Little Roy for Season 3!

PritchSlap
08-24-2012, 09:25 AM
It's not on the website yet, but here's my audition. I call it GoldSwag Spiderman.
http://youtu.be/u6rX1Kgm7do

Sandman21
08-24-2012, 05:20 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-XK46hBT8bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one cracks me up.... and I filmed it! :D

TMJ31
08-24-2012, 08:35 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-XK46hBT8bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

This one cracks me up.... and I filmed it! :D

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? ;)

Sandman21
08-25-2012, 04:55 PM
You had ducks in a pond too? :D

TMJ31
08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
You had ducks in a pond too? :D

Lol!

Nah- we all know who did the original Area 55 Rocky montage... ;)

Sandman21
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
And now we wait for the finalists.... :D

FlavaDave
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I made the finals! Woo hoo!

PritchSlap
08-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Area 55 ESPN article. Looking pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/trending/post/_/id/7153/trending-roy-hibberts-cheering-section

Side note: I made the final round! WOOO! See you guys tomorrow at the Fieldhouse.

ZepZach
08-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Wasn't able to try out this year, but I love seeing my baby Area 55 growing up! Keep it going everybody!

Hib Hib....

BillS
08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Can someone post a list of the PD A55'ers who made this year's finals?

Sandman21
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM

Sandman
IndyHoya
Kielbeze
FlavaDave
PritchSlap
Kielbeze
Duke Dynamite
El Pacero
JoeyD

Right off the top of my head.

ndcoltsnpacers
08-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Sandman
IndyHoya
Kielbeze
FlavaDave
PritchSlap
Kielbeze
Duke Dynamite
El Pacero
JoeyD

Right off the top of my head.

I will also be there. I will bring corndogs.

kielbeze
08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Sorry Bill you didn't make it. I think the whole streaking through the circle city thing you did was a bit overboard. Maybe next year.........

BillS
08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Sorry Bill you didn't make it. I think the whole streaking through the circle city thing you did was a bit overboard. Maybe next year.........

I was even chugging the special BigRoy beer I commissioned from Sun King. Oh, well, I guess I just have to continue to support A55 from the other corner of the arena.

08-29-2012, 09:19 PM

I made it to the finals. I am pretty confident with my audition too. I wish everybody who made it to the finals good luck!

FlavaDave
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM
It was great to meet you at the finals. Hope you make it!

kielbeze
08-30-2012, 01:17 PM
It was nice to see you too Dave. Even if you did steal my Pacers slipper thunder!

FlavaDave
08-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I MADE IT IN!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

HalaSon33
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Got a call from Roy and George Hill AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! I'm in area 55!

PritchSlap
08-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Just got the call from Roy, and I'm in!

He said the only condition though was that I get some shorts to cover my "mandingo"..
Yellow tights aren't exactly flattering in the crotchal region.

Sandman21
08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
This ****ing sucks. Nothing personal Area55 but it looks like G2 is going to get some help this year. Ole Sandman has got an axe to grind.:mob:

FlavaDave
08-30-2012, 06:35 PM
This ****ing sucks. Nothing personal Area55 but it looks like G2 is going to get some help this year. Ole Sandman has got an axe to grind.:mob:

So, gut reaction is that this really sucks. Sorry my man. I feel like you are synonymous with Area 55.

HOWEVER, silver lining: Like Tracy McGrady leaving the Raptors, you are too good not to have your own squad. Join G2. Become their leader. Together with Area 55, we will achieve new levels of call-and-response chanting technology that no sports arena has ever seen before.

kielbeze
08-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Its a travesty, a sham, a mockery its a travashamockery!

08-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Darn, didn't make it this year. Congrats to all that did.

redfoster
08-30-2012, 09:50 PM
It is absolutely insane that you didn't make it, Sandman. That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen all day, and the Republican National Convention is on.

Doesn't Rob keep Roy abreast as to who the leaders/mainstays are? I see 17 Area 55 tweets a day from you.

If Joe is the President of Area 55, you are an ambassador.

Sandman21
08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
So, gut reaction is that this really sucks. Sorry my man. I feel like you are synonymous with Area 55.

HOWEVER, silver lining: Like Tracy McGrady leaving the Raptors, you are too good not to have your own squad. Join G2. Become their leader. Together with Area 55, we will achieve new levels of call-and-response chanting technology that no sports arena has ever seen before.

Im only being a loaner to G2.... Because I'll be BAACCCKKKK.

I've already got my comeback entry planned out.

ndcoltsnpacers
08-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Im only being a loaner to G2.... Because I'll be BAACCCKKKK.

I've already got my comeback entry planned out.

Only thing I can figure is that your audition really must not have represented what you do during the games. For god's sake, you were PTOing for audition day. I stood next to you a couple times in the playoffs and you were always into it, and I can't say that for everyone.

joeyd
08-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Sandman, you're in good company. Me and the wifey didn't make it either. I will try and convince her to go for G2. No shame in that game; both groups (and their benefactors) support the team and let's face it, true fans ultimately put the team over any allegiance to a single player. Props to Roy. He doesn't have to do what he does, and although I probably spent too much time with the video and audition process (with having to teach myself iMovie from scratch), I think that even those that didn't make it this year will be appreciative of the opportunity once the sting of rejection wears off. My thanks to Rob also for coordinating. And congrats to those that made the cut.

Sandman21
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Only thing I can figure is that your audition really must not have represented what you do during the games. For god's sake, you were PTOing for audition day. I stood next to you a couple times in the playoffs and you were always into it, and I can't say that for everyone.

I think a big part of it was that I brainfarted my finals audition after 15 seconds and improved to get it to 25 or so. I went way too fast.

IndyHoya
09-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Not seeing Sandman, Joey and Dionne in were a couple of my biggest disappointments. That said, I don't underrate the difficulty of choosing. I still hope to see you guys either as Area 55 buyins or in G2. You're all too loyal; too smart; and too loud not to see all the games in some form or fashion. Hope too that Area 55 and G2Zone people will be PTOing together. There's probably more bonding there than in the cheering sections. Maybe we can coordinate some things that way too.

Um, add Larry Judkins to the list of people I'll miss. Great fan and a good guy. Hope I haven't seen the last of him either.

joeyd
09-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Not seeing Sandman, Joey and Dionne in were a couple of my biggest disappointments. That said, I don't underrate the difficulty of choosing. I still hope to see you guys either as Area 55 buyins or in G2. You're all too loyal; too smart; and too loud not to see all the games in some form or fashion. Hope too that Area 55 and G2Zone people will be PTOing together. There's probably more bonding there than in the cheering sections. Maybe we can coordinate some things that way too.

Um, add Larry Judkins to the list of people I'll miss. Great fan and a good guy. Hope I haven't seen the last of him either.

Thanks Joe. Hard to know what everyone was really thinking for the final auditions. I personally went with more humor than loudness, so maybe that's where things went south, or perhaps it was with a double entendre I threw in that might have offended Roy's mom in some way. Who knows? Tough job to choose, and Roy is entitled to have his favorites, but definitely won't spend as much time making a video next year that really doesn't end up counting for very much!

I will try to persuade the wife to try out for G2. If enough official or unofficial Area55ers from past seasons get into that section, it will be easier to coordinate both what goes on during games and what may go on outside BLF (e.g., road trips).

duke dynamite
09-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm hoping my season ticket rep can work some magic to where I can at least be remotely close to you guys.

maragin
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I was in town a few weeks back for Gen Con for the debut of a movie I'm in. While I was at the Tin Roof sitting outside having a drink, I saw a guy in a Hibbert jersey holding a box and two girls. I said I liked his shirt and he asked me if I knew anything about Roy Hibbert. I proceeded to tell him his senior year college stats, the details of the Toronto trade, Area 55 details, the monster game against the Heat, Parks and Rec, new contract details, All Star appearance, and anything else I could think of. He was impressed and interested, as he was going around filming videos of people to try out for Area 55, and the two girls he had with him were Pacemates.

Unfortunately, since I live in Los Angeles, I can't accept a spot in Area 55. He mentioned that it was too bad, thanked me for my enthusiasm, and headed off with the Pacemates. If there's ever an Area 55 away team for Los Angeles games, I'll be first in line.

Peck
09-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm hoping my season ticket rep can work some magic to where I can at least be remotely close to you guys.

Why didn't you try out this year?

TMJ31
09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I was in town a few weeks back for Gen Con for the debut of a movie I'm in. While I was at the Tin Roof sitting outside having a drink, I saw a guy in a Hibbert jersey holding a box and two girls. I said I liked his shirt and he asked me if I knew anything about Roy Hibbert. I proceeded to tell him his senior year college stats, the details of the Toronto trade, Area 55 details, the monster game against the Heat, Parks and Rec, new contract details, All Star appearance, and anything else I could think of. He was impressed and interested, as he was going around filming videos of people to try out for Area 55, and the two girls he had with him were Pacemates.

Unfortunately, since I live in Los Angeles, I can't accept a spot in Area 55. He mentioned that it was too bad, thanked me for my enthusiasm, and headed off with the Pacemates. If there's ever an Area 55 away team for Los Angeles games, I'll be first in line.

See the link in my signature.

Sandman21
09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Him and I share the same fate.

maragin
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
See the link in my signature.

That's awesome!

duke dynamite
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I did. Didn't make it...

pacer4ever
09-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Damn worked all summer saving up to buy back in this year. But my new job is from 11-830 no games for me gonna have to TiVo everything :cry:

Peck
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I did. Didn't make it...

Oh, sorry.

kielbeze
09-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Damn Chuck-e-cheese!

pacer4ever
09-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Damn Chuck-e-cheese!

I wish (not lol)I would be a killer Chukie no joke.

kielbeze
09-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I wish (not lol)I would be a killer Chukie no joke.

Only if you were allowed within a thousand yards of a child.

Sandman21
09-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure someone hates me. Look what popped up literally two doors from my house....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2ieD-eCEAEVGQ8.jpg

PritchSlap
09-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Of course I would have an exam the night of the first Area55 party next week..
Someone is gonna have to update me with what happens there.

FlavaDave
09-16-2012, 10:10 AM
I'll post a recap. I will also eat your appetizers.

PritchSlap
09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
So what'd I miss Wednesday? Rocked that electromagnetis exam.

Also, has anyone tried to purchase an additional ticket and heard back with details? A second ticket would really make my trips down from W Lafayette much easier.

Edit: just found out I got an A on the exam!

FlavaDave
09-20-2012, 04:52 PM
So what'd I miss Wednesday? Rocked that electromagnetis exam.

Also, has anyone tried to purchase an additional ticket and heard back with details? A second ticket would really make my trips down from W Lafayette much easier.

Well, there are a few surprises that are not public knowledge. I would shoot Rob an email about those.

They went over the rules (pretty basic stuff). They gave us a schedule of special events. Three times this season, Area 55 will get there early for a shootaround event. There was talk of Area 55 coming to the first Fever playoff game. Area 55 will be involved in a charity event later in the year.

There will be a photo shoot for Indianapolis magazine next Tuesday; gotta register with Rob.

We took a group photo in front of the BLF. Your appetizers were meatballs, chicken nachos, and beef with goat cheese. I ate them and they were delicious.

Sandman21
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
roy is doing bone marrow registry at Castleton right now come on out

Sandman21
09-29-2012, 05:24 PM
THE MUSTARD HAS BEEN BROUGHT! JUST GOT THE CALL FROM PAUL GEORGE!

boombaby1987
09-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Nothing yet. :(

Peck
09-30-2012, 04:50 PM
A question for you Area 55 members.

I had asked below if the G 2 section needs a thread on its own and so far the concensus is that we should just merge the Area 55 & G 2 Zone into one Pacers fan section thread.

I'm ok with that as long as you guys are. We've had a dedicated Area 55 thread for a good amount of time and I don't want to "rain on your parade" so to speak. So if anybody has an objection please let me know, either here or via p.m. if you don't want to go public.

Thanks

Sandman21
09-30-2012, 06:26 PM
I know I'm not Area55 this year, but as the creator of the thread I have no problem with it, if that counts for anything. :D

FlavaDave
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Sounds good to me.

PritchSlap
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
So do we get tickets to preseason games? The first one is Friday and I haven't heard anything yet.

Edit: just checked my email.. will call.

Also are we gonna PTO Friday? My Twolves fan roommates are coming down and got tickets in section 102, so let's party and then later heckle them.

Sandman21
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, PTO happens before every game. Just look for the band of blue and gold loonies standing in one of the parking lots around South and Pennsylvania