PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else just ready to move on

Unclebuck
11-24-2004, 12:21 AM
I am sick of the whole story, I am bored with it. I have come to terms with it and I would rather at this point concentrate on the current team as it is and deal with it.

Ron is gone for the season, I have accepted it, come to terms, I don't want to see any other "hidden replays" or really anything more about it.

The only thing I wish would happen is this. The Pacers and the NBAPA get a clear explanation for why J.O was suspnded for as long as he was, if he only did what we have seen on TV, then the pacers and the NBAPA should tell Stern we will drop the Artest and Jackson appeals if you drop J.O's suspension 10-15 games. Negotiate a little. I think DS might go for it.

But I am more than anything ready to move on, what happened has happened and what's done is done. AJ will be back in 4 more games, Reggie in a few weeks and same with Foster. Once that happens and assuming no one else gets injured, the Pacers will be a decent team, and will play the right way.

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 12:22 AM
I can't say I'm ready to move on yet. This incident speaks to more than just the Pacers, it speaks to a lot of societal issues.

I'm ready to get behind the Pacers and not keep Artest as some kind of ghost hovering over them.

But I think this incident will continue to be felt and discussed for a long time to come.

recap
11-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I am ready to move on in the sense that I don't want to spend anymore energy thinking about it, but I definitely don't want the Pacers management to just drop the issue. I'm a little sick of talking about it everywhere I go the past few days, but I want to see management do everything they possibly can to get those suspensions reduced.

Stryder
11-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm ready to move on, but ESPN keeps pulling me back in by reporting half-truths, insinuating that Artest is having fun by promoting his album and doesn't care about the suspension, and by totally flip-flopping on how they've reported the fight since it happened.

ChicagoJ
11-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Does anybody really think that DW, Bird, and the Simons *would not* do everything in their power to make the Pacers a better basketball team?

Part of that is fighting for thier players - of course they are going to do that, and of course its going to happen behind closed doors, out of the spotlight, and ESPN will be the last ones to know what's going on.

I'm ready to move on. Let's get JO's sentence reduced and then let's focus on the team that's just played two inspiring games in the aftermath of the ugliest sporting scene I've ever seen.

sweabs
11-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I hate how every single person I know asks me what I think about the issue, and having to explain myself 20 times a day.

Steveman
11-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, let's just sweep it under the rug and let Davey take our title season.

A title banner will never hang from the rafters of Conseco Fieldhouse as long as David Stern is commissioner.

Just my $0.02

Sollozzo
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
It's very tough for me to move on when I think that we had the best team in the NBA and had an excellent shot at winning the championship. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching the three man tandem of JO, Artest, and Jax. What a shortlived combination that was.

This was our year to do it, and it's probably not going to happen now. Very hard to move on from that. I think we finally would have gotten that championship that would have put us with the NBA elite.

TheSauceMaster
11-24-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm ready to move on and I am on the fence right now if I will actually goto the forum party cause I really am ready to move on and forget this thing and focus on the current team. I am sure this will be highly debated at the forum party and I just don't know if I will be able to talk alot about it or hear it.

This could be a Cinderella story in the making folks ;)

Unclebuck
11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
I really hope the incident isn't the whole discussion at the forum. I am so sickof saying, well of course he shouldn't have gone into the stands

scar
11-24-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm ready to move on, but ESPN keeps pulling me back in by reporting half-truths, insinuating that Artest is having fun by promoting his album and doesn't care about the suspension, and by totally flip-flopping on how they've reported the fight since it happened.

Exactly. It makes me sick that they can have Legs and Stink on Mike & Mike and they can talk about the Artest situation and talk about how he wanted time off to promote his R&B Trio's CD, when we now know that wasn't what he was asking for time off about. And they actually try to make a connection between that and Friday's fiasco. Then they talk about Artest not grieving about what happened and actually smiling and having fun. Just because Greenberg and Golic can't find happiness in destroying player reputations by talking bad about Artest and airing footage not once, not twice, but thrice this week. Artest isn't playing, so instead of staying on that issue, he has done his other job and promoted his group, and did some interviews.

BigMac
11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
No!

Skaut_Ech
11-24-2004, 12:03 PM
It's funny. I'm tired of it, but like Stryder, I keep getting sucked back in by new nuggets of info, false or true. I've ready to move on, though. I've already been mentally ploting how many games we might win, wondering how quickly other teams are going to figure us out (It's not too hard: How to defense Freddy, How to slow down James..etc.) I gotta give the team credit. The way they've played has made me want to move on becasue they've cursed me with the worse thing you can wish on a fan:

Hope.

Shade
11-24-2004, 01:28 PM
I'll be ready to move on when justice is served. Until then, I hope the replays and spotlight continue, so that Stern can't just sweep his mess under the carpet any longer.

3Ball
11-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Actually, I'm really intrigued by the new team. It's fun in the way that pre-season can sometimes be fun. Wathing these young guys play their hearts out. Usually, November is about watching a bunch of bored veterans play themselves back into game shape. Not now. This team is playing with heart and serious intensity. They know that they have about 1/4 of a season to earn themselves a job.

It won't last, of course. Eventually the adrenaline will burn off, and experience has a way of catching up with you. But by then, JO and SJax will be headed back, and then it's a whole new story.

So, yes, I'm interested to see if we can get Ronnie back for the playoffs. But right now, I think the most interesting storylines are:

-Is Freddie going to challenge SJax for the starting spot next year after this season's detonation. (And by the way, I think we've heard the last of days of pining for Kareen Rush).
-Has the last couple of offseasons of 1000 shot days turned Tinsley into a legit offensive weapon, or was yesterday an aberation.
-Will JJ and Harrison have earned major minutes by the time the stretcher brigade returns.
-And the big one: is this 2 game storm surge just the result of amped up emotions and an extremely amped up home crowd that will begin to come crashing down tomorrow against the tough TWolves?

Unclebuck
11-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't agree with your characterization that November being a month of wacthing bored veterans trying to get into game shape. Pacers were not like that last season. I realize you are using a little hyperbole, but the reason why the Pacers were so good last season is because they played so hard.

Sollozzo
11-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Time heals everything........this will eventually blow over I guess, but it's going to take a long time for most Pacers fans to get over this.

3Ball
11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I don't agree with your characterization that November being a month of wacthing bored veterans trying to get into game shape. Pacers were not like that last season. I realize you are using a little hyperbole, but the reason why the Pacers were so good last season is because they played so hard.

Point taken! I didn't mean the P's. There are always a couple of teams that charge out of the gates mean and hungry. It's a great time to grab a lead in the standings because other teams come out flat.

It's also a time when some teams with new lineup are trying to find their chemistry (see Houston). I just can't remember when I've been this charged up about this many games in a row this early in the season.

3Ball
11-24-2004, 03:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusiness/news/story?id=1930606

Sorry if this is double post, but speaking of not ready to move on. Anyone else want to go halvsies? $50,000,000 each?

Shade
11-24-2004, 07:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusiness/news/story?id=1930606

Sorry if this is double post, but speaking of not ready to move on. Anyone else want to go halvsies? $50,000,000 each?
Yeah, we had a thread on this and the price shot through the roof. I think it was some fellow forumites. :devil: