PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from game tonight (Boston - 23 Nov)

Shaggy
11-24-2004, 12:21 AM
First, I had great seats. Lower level, center court, 12 rows off the floor. After over 300 games during the last 15 years, that was a first for me.

The crowd was great tonight. It was heartening to read that the players and coaches feed off the energy from the crowd. This team has done something I thought was impossible in this day and age - we actually care for these players and are trying to will them to victory. That is a far cry from the cheese and wine crowd at the RCA Dome.

BTW, did anyone else see Mike Vanderjadt at mid-court the entire game with his arms crossed? Why even come if you are not going to scream and cheer? Or at least stand up?!?!?!?!?

Everyone else has waxed rhapsodic about JJ, Mel-Mel and Freddie. I won't bother. What I would like to do is give a shout-out to Reggie and Jeff. These guys were more into the game than I was and I am now horse. Reggie was up most of the game yelling encouragement, getting on the refs, dancing and even jawing with Gary Payton for old times sake.

Speaking of old timers, two former pros were in the stands. Ron Harper and Danny Ferry. Ron took off at half-time. No idea why he was here. I spoke briefly with Ferry on the way out the door. I teased him about trying to get the Pacers to sign him. He assured me that wasn't the case. He was just in town visiting a friend. Of note, he was up cheering on the TEAM too.

I will go back to my semi-lurking life. Just wanted to praise the team, coaches, and fans. Oddly, we may look back on all of this with pride. The city truly supports this team.

Shaggy

NewType
11-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Isn't Danny Ferry working for the Spurs right now? Is he a scout?

Shaggy
11-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Isn't Danny Ferry working for the Spurs right now? Is he a scout?

I asked him if he was scouting and he said no. He was talking most of the game with another guy. He wasn't taking notes or doing other "scouting" things - like I have any idea what that means.

The few times I looked over at him, he was genuinely in the game. He was up cheering a number of times. Not typical for a scout.

I asked my buddy if he thought Ferry and Harper were at the game as a sign of player support and unity. I really have no idea. I will just go with the fact that he said he was there with a friend and as a fan.