PDA

View Full Version : Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach

Basketball Fan
08-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Portland Trail Blazers hire Terry Stotts as head coach - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8245424/portland-trail-blazers-hire-terry-stotts-head-coach)

Blazers hire Terry Stotts as coach

The Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday named Mavericks assistant Terry Stotts as the team's head coach.

"I'm very pleased to be a part of a great franchise in a beautiful city with such a proud history," Stotts said in a statement released by the Blazers. "I look forward to working hard with Neil and our players toward the ultimate goal of bringing another championship to Portland."

Stotts, 54, is 114-168 in four seasons as coach of the Atlanta Hawks and Milwaukee Bucks. He spent the past four season as an assistant with the Mavericks.

"Terry is one of the elite offensive minds in the NBA, has extensive experience with multiple organizations and was instrumental in the Dallas Mavericks winning the 2011 NBA Championship," Blazers GM Neil Olshey said in a statement. "He understands the vision for the future of the franchise, appreciates the process involved and will create an environment on the court that will produce championship habits."

Stotts was one of two finalists for the job, along with interim Blazers coach Kaleb Canales, a source close to the situation confirmed last week.

After Stotts' initial interview, Mavericks coach Carlisle gave Stotts a ringing endorsement, telling The Oregonian, "Of all the coaches presently in play, Terry is by far the best available."

Kegboy
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
:loser2:

Speed
08-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Give the ball to Lillard, Plan A, B, & C.

joew8302
08-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Give the ball to Lillard, Plan A, B, & C.

So when Stotts gets fired after 50 games who do you think the next coach will be?

Sandman21
08-07-2012, 10:45 PM
So when Stotts gets fired after 50 games who do you think the next coach will be?

Kanales, who they should have hired in the first place if they were going to take so long to make up their minds. At this point, Stotts is coming in after Summer League, the draft and most of free agency is complete. He's already behind the 8ball.

ChicagoJ
08-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow. That's the best Paul Allen's money can buy?

I'M AVAILABLE!! Come on. The Blazers are just a mess it seems.

jeffg-body
08-07-2012, 11:50 PM
I am glad it was not Shaw.

graphic-er
08-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Stotts and Vaughn. 2 coaching hires that came out of left field in my opinion. Weird NBA off-season. I think teams are really trying to save money.

Basketball Fan
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow. That's the best Paul Allen's money can buy?

I'M AVAILABLE!! Come on. The Blazers are just a mess it seems.

Dude even they know Portland is cursed......