PDA

View Full Version : John Green on Larry King Live

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
What a scumbag. He's totallly lying and its totally obvious.

His lawyer looks like a total douchebag.

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Here's the transcript.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0411/23/lkl.01.html

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Here's his recollection. Pity he didn't bring his German Shepard with him:

GREEN: I was sitting up a few rows from the announcer's table, and -- when the fight broke out, everybody started yelling "fight" and we -- a bunch of us ran down into the aisle and started getting a better view of what was going on. We were a few rows up further than -- there were just some empty seats we ran to when we saw that nobody was sitting in them. The fight broke out when a cup that came from our direction landed on Ron Artest.

Ron Artest -- I think it hit him, it looked like something, a blue cup or something, hit him in the chest. He in turn looked around. It looks like I guess maybe -- from the video, it looked like the guy next to me was smiling or laughing or something, and Ron Artest immediately thought it was him, came right by me. I didn't know what was going on at the time. He kind of scared me. I pushed him aside, and he started attacking the guy next to me.

So the only thing I did was grab him from behind. I was pulling him off of the guy. And he was shouting something at him. I don't know what -- I couldn't quite hear it. And I was shouting at Artest to get off him. You know, it's not a big deal, or something like that. And then he kicked me from behind, like mule-kicked me into the shin. And that's when I reacted.

Stryder
11-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Here's his recollection. Pity he didn't bring his German Shepard with him:

Gotta love how he fails to see that the tape proves he threw the cup.

Video evidence. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him to watch the tape and the shut the hell up. This is hurting him more than helping him.

And it's obvious that he punches Artest from behind even before Ronnie attacks him.

What a douchebag.

sweabs
11-24-2004, 12:23 AM
The guy was trying to make it out like his criminal record is nothing. Then he throws stuff like "beer bottles in the car", "throwing knives", etc. into the mix. It's just hillarious. There is no way this guy gets off.

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Bill Mahr is on here...said he'd go in the stands too. I like BIll, although I usually disagree with him on social issues.

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Larry King:

MAHER: Yeah, you're from Brooklyn. It's so cowardly for someone in the stands to think, I can do this and they can't get back at me, because I'm on base, I'm in the stands, I'm a fan. I can do anything I want, and then nothing will happen to me.

Well, I think it's good that these fans were put on notice, you know what, you throw a beer on a guy, these big guys, they're going to come after you. I don't think that's so awful.

NewType
11-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Didn't he call the police and admit he threw the cup? :confused:

Stryder
11-24-2004, 12:34 AM
I love the part about his criminal history. He says it is totally exaggerated.

Well, facts are facts. Can't run away from those.