PDA

View Full Version : Are you pro or anti-Artest?

Shade
11-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Right now it seems to be about 50-50 to me, so I'm curious where everyone stands as of right now.

Reggie4Three
11-24-2004, 12:47 AM
I believe that the Pacers shold keep Artest if that is the question you're basically asking.

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm pro-Artest, and also pro-Stern decision (not to be confused with pro-Stern).

This strikes me as an important question, I have a lot of thoughts on it, but it will have to wait till tomorrow, I'm off to bed soon. You'll just have to wait breathlessly for my extended post on this until tomorrow.

sweabs
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I love the guy's game. I don't always love his actions...but I love his game. I always have, and I always will.

Definitely Pro-Artest.

But like VA said, I am more concerned with being Pro-Pacers. Therefore, if the team feels they will do better without Ron, so be it. What's best for the team is most important. But in my heart, I'll always have a soft spot for Ronnie - as a basketball player, his game is truly unique. I have always tried to model my game after Ron's on a pure basketball standpoint. A guy who works hard on both ends of the floor, night in night out, and brings all the intangibles he does - will win my respect every time. I really want things to work out for Artest here in Indiana. He is just too valuable to give up on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/ron_artest23/boomer_goartest.gif

Hoop
11-24-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm Pro Pacers of course and I'm Pro Artest, I hate some of things he has done, but I'm also an optimist. I keep thinking he'll turn the maturity corner and everything will work out. I just can't give up on a guy with that much talent. He's a top 15 player right now and could easily be a top 5 player with a few personal changes.

I am however at the point where he has used up all his chances. If he is is really gone for the year I hope and pray he gets a chance with the Pacers next season. If there are more problems, I'll be ready to give up on him then.

Outlaw
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM
In the summer I was for trading him but now I've changed my mind. I believe the league ought to try to get Ron some help then maybe he will turn his life around. He CANNOT do by himself. It seems some annoucers have pointed this out but obviously league officials can't seem to. They just want continue punishing him without finding out what causes the problem.:confused:

Maybe they have but I have not heard of such?:whoknows:

FreeArtestDotCom
11-24-2004, 01:02 AM
I'm:

Pro-Jermaine O'Neal (ex-Blazers, used to live near one of my friends in Portland. Saw him at the Hard Rock Hotel Pool over the summer and said whatsup to him)

Pro-Freddy Jones (Oregon represent!)

Pro-Rick Carlisle (best damn coach in the game)

then

Pro-Artest. I like his defense.

Deadshot
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
I love watching Ron play defense - sometimes its hard to believe some of the stuff he does defensively.

I don't advocate some of the stuff he does, but I am Pro-Artest.

ChicagoJ
11-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I've been very Anti-Artest since his Chicago days. (And if anybody didn't already know that by now, let me be the first to say, welcome, newbie :blush: ).

But I do admire him as a player - I'd just be a lot happier if he'd do his garbage on another team.

Suaveness
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro- Artest 100%. I really think he is an asset to this team, and I love the way he plays the game: unlike any other. He is just one of a kind, and i respect that. And I also respect the fact that he tries to better himsefl every year. I root for him, and I root for this team. Go Pacers!

Manuel
11-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Right now I am behind our players 100%. Eventhough this incident is regrettable, at this moment I support all of our players. Now, whether it is better to keep Ron in the future or not is a matter that will be discussed later. But right now he is part of the team and he deserves our support in good times and in bad.

Steveman
11-24-2004, 01:50 AM
I've never really been pro or anti Artest, but I knew he was a powder keg and wanted him traded last summer for that reason. However, I certainly feel he got the wrong end of the stick on this deal. The length of his suspension is absurd ... Jackson's actions were worse than Ron's.

Peck
11-24-2004, 02:13 AM
If you make me say which I'll be labeld anti-Artest. I've been that way for a long long long time.

However having said that I also say he could have been & still could be one of the top ten players in the league. If he could just leave it at that & go on it would be a no brainer.

But ultimately I am Pro Pacer so I go with what's best for the team & as of now my opinion is they should sever ties with him. Even though from a skill standpoint I don't think you will ever be able to replace him.

Gyron
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Artest. Don't always agree with his actions, but he has a hella game when he keeps his head on straight.

Ragnar
11-24-2004, 10:35 AM
I know the conventional wisdom is to move him after this incident, but I think that would be the wrong thing to do. I think we need to work with him and help him get better mentally. He needs to understand that he is counted on and that he needs to control his temper. Dumping him to another team wont do that. I think we need to keep in mind that Ron is a person and not just a commodity (I know I know whats the capitalist saying).

I just think he is still worth the investment.

Dab
11-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Good post, it sums up my feelings as well.

One thing though -- Ron needs to find the best anger management person/persons that he can, right now, and let it be known that he's taking steps on his own to get help. If there's any chance that his suspension will be reduced (unlikely, IMO) I think it would help.

I love the guy's game. I don't always love his actions...but I love his game. I always have, and I always will.

Definitely Pro-Artest.

But like VA said, I am more concerned with being Pro-Pacers. Therefore, if the team feels they will do better without Ron, so be it. What's best for the team is most important. But in my heart, I'll always have a soft spot for Ronnie - as a basketball player, his game is truly unique. I have always tried to model my game after Ron's on a pure basketball standpoint. A guy who works hard on both ends of the floor, night in night out, and brings all the intangibles he does - will win my respect every time. I really want things to work out for Artest here in Indiana. He is just too valuable to give up on.

Grant
11-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I've always argued that maybe you can't win with him, but I don't think you can win without him.

I don't see the Pacers trying to move him right now, because they won't get anything for him. I think they will try to get him back before the playoffs (which would be after the trading deadline BTW), and then try to run the table and get a championship. If by some miracle everything lines up and they win it all, they may try to move him in the offseason when his value would be a little higher.

Its too bad the Knicks have a bunch of overpaid stiffs on their roster because I bet DW could pick Isiah's pocket in an Artest trade.

ABADays
11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro-Pacer.

Ragnar
11-24-2004, 11:02 AM
No way I want him going to NY. I would rather give him to Detroit than send him to NY and that is saying something considering how I feel about Detroit right now. If we are not going to win a title this year because of this and we are moving Ron for pennies on the dollar lets send him to a team like Miami with a chance of taking out the Pistons.

indygeezer
11-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Pacers...1st, last, and always.

I like Ron, I honestly do. I wish it could work for him here. But IMO, he wore out his last chance during the PO's last spring.

He will most certainly play for the P's again. He has to and the team has to let him, just so we can convince somebody to take a chance on him. It may even be that in order to unload him we have to package him in a bigger deal.

BTW, hasn't he already been thru anger management because of the fracus with the GF??? COuld there be any legal proceedings left from that incident that might cause problems for him with this incident???

Alabama-Redneck
11-24-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't know if I would label me as a pro-Artest but I am not an anti-Artest.

People are judging Ron on a few incidents, bad that they may be, but no one is mentioning all the work he does in the communities. His work with kids and other underpriviledged people. Is this the image of a monster?

I have heard of several times, at his own expense, he has went to youth camps and worked with the kids for up to a week at a time. His efforts, not only in Indianapolis but in New York, to help people less fortunate than himself.

Just remember, when painting a picture of Ron Artest, use all the colors.

McKeyFan
11-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Very pro Artest. But willing to let him go if Larry and Rick make that judgment.

The ultimate tragic hero.