PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 12:42 AM
OK, I didn't see the game tonight, but it sounds like the team is playing inspired ball. The Orlanda game was certainly thrilling, even in a loss.

So, without wanting to be a downer - will this last? Is this just emotion that will die in a couple weeks, or has the coaching staff tapped into something substantial here?

I don't even want to say it, but I just can't imagine this level of passion and inspiration can last...I'd love to be wrong, though.

Whaddya think?

SoupIsGood
11-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Well ESPN expert Tim Legler didn't seem to think it would last. So it probably will.

I have to think it will last, hope is all this team has left.

Losing is worse than death, because you ahve to live with it.

sweabs
11-24-2004, 12:45 AM
I think that our players are playing with a lot of energy. But remember - a lot of these guys have that energy because they have yet to experience much playing time as bench players for the most part.

That said, I am not sure that some of these guys (James Jones, David Harrison) will be able to deal with the rigorous schedule of playing lots of minutes each night.

I am also curious to see how this team does on the road. From the sounds of things, our crowd is definitely providing the team with extra inspiration. What happens when they are no where to be heard?

Reggie4Three
11-24-2004, 12:46 AM
OK, I didn't see the game tonight, but it sounds like the team is playing inspired ball. The Orlanda game was certainly thrilling, even in a loss.

So, without wanting to be a downer - will this last? Is this just emotion that will die in a couple weeks, or has the coaching staff tapped into something substantial here?

I don't even want to say it, but I just can't imagine this level of passion and inspiration can last...I'd love to be wrong, though.

Whaddya think?

I can't imagine they'll be able to bring it like that on the road with just the players they have right now. I'm honestly hoping for just one win on the upcoming West Coast trip. If the fans keep them up at home, they might be able to beat most of the teams they play at home for the next 30 games. That's my opinion. If somehow they beat the Twolves on Thursday, I don't know if I'll be able to stand it.

Shade
11-24-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm just hoping we can go about .500 until we have everyone back, which means (barring more injuries) 12-16 over the next 28 games. That would be nice. :)

ChicagoJ
11-24-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm just hoping we can go about .500 until we have everyone back, which means (barring more injuries) 12-16 over the next 28 games. That would be nice. :)

First of all, that's really all we need to do.

Secondly, they are playing exactly how I'd expect a Rick Carlisle team to play.

He won two Central Division titles in Detroit with a team that's pretty comparable to the current, depleted Pacers.

Thirdly, this team, as currently assembled, could compete for a playoff spot in the East. They wouldn't go deep, but I think they're completely capable of playing 0.500 ball, especially once AJ, Foster and Reggie return.

Putting Ron on the 'suspended' list, and having a roster spot to pick up Holcomb, would be a nice boost to the team, also.

MagicRat
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
As long as they continue to play good, smart team ball, I think they'll be fine....

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Holy S*** Rat, where the F*** did you get a picture of me?

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 01:06 AM
And why the H*** did you make it your avatar?!?

MagicRat
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
:whoknows:

;)

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
Jay? Did you somehow dig something up on me? And give it to Rat, whoever he is?

ChicagoJ
11-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Wally, for what it's worth, I have not given him any Taylor University yearbooks.

*CRAP, I knew I forgot to pack something for this trip *

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Oh wait, never mind. I remember now.

Do you keep every photo someone posts on here for months at a time?

My heart did a little flip-flop,thinking "oh great, internet stalker....that's all I need."

MagicRat
11-24-2004, 01:09 AM
And why the H*** did you make it your avatar?!?

I just thought the similarities were remarkable..... :laugh:

Vicious Tyrant
11-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Hmmmm... me and Rowan Atkinson. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

BUt you have a point there...

Unclebuck
11-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Three areas where they will struggle.

Against really good teams. Obvious.

On the road

And at the end of close games.