PDA

View Full Version : Something else that I have noticed about our Team

Suaveness
11-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Is that we are shooting EXTREMELY well from the free throw line this year. Every game we seem to be hitting our FTs, a definitely improvement from last year. Take tonight for instance....31/33, 93.9%

Pretty damn awesome if you ask me

MistyRo76
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
And at this point, we need all the "free" points we can get.

Esp since we may be facing some really close games, it's nice to know that we have some guys that can step up and hit the big FTs at the end of the game.

scar
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Is that we are shooting EXTREMELY well from the free throw line this year. Every game we seem to be hitting our FTs, a definitely improvement from last year. Take tonight for instance....31/33, 93.9%

Pretty damn awesome if you ask me

The Pacers play very good fundamental basketball, and part of those fundamentals is hitting your free throws. Coaches often preach this, but the players rarely listen it seems. I think Carlisle has been working with the Pacers players, along with Brown and O'neil, so I'm not totally shocked at how well they have been shooting. Look at Utah. They had a game against New Orleans last night where Andre Kirilinko was at the line shooting 2 free throws, down by 1, he missed both, Utah loses. If that were Indiana, they most likely would have hit those 2 free throws, and won. That can be the difference between a win and a loss, 2 free throws.

ABADays
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Good point. We have been ice at the line this year.

SoupIsGood
11-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Good fundamental, team-oriented basketball is so fun to watch. Our coaches are quite possibly the best staff in the league.

Lord Helmet
11-23-2004, 11:07 PM
We need all the free points we can get!Keep it up!

Eindar
11-24-2004, 06:10 AM
And keep in mind this is without Miller and Johnson in the lineup, both of whom are 90% free throw shooters.

scar
11-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Good fundamental, team-oriented basketball is so fun to watch. Our coaches are quite possibly the best staff in the league.

That's what I think. We have one of the best head coaches, we have one of the best associate coaches, and we have Kevin O'neil who has had head coaching experience and may be more valuable as an assistant coach.

indygeezer
11-24-2004, 06:45 AM
That's what I think. We have one of the best head coaches, we have one of the best associate coaches, and we have Kevin O'neil who has had head coaching experience and may be more valuable as an assistant coach.

DOn't forget the "unofficial" Asst Coach Miller.

scar
11-24-2004, 06:55 AM
DOn't forget the "unofficial" Asst Coach Miller.

"unofficial" Asst Coach & Cheerleader Miller. :)